Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Charleston, SC
There are 7 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Charleston
- Superior septic and excavationFANTASTIC ! These guys showed up on time and did a GREAT Job! The price was comparable to other services locally that we quoted, but the service was over the top. We will be hiring them again FOR SURE! GREAT COMPANY TO WORK WITH !
- Knights Septic TankThey called to say they could come a day earlier than anticipated. All went as you would expect a good company to perform. I also got a discount for being a senior citizen.
- A-1 SEPTIC TANK SVCHorrible experience! They came out in January to pump my septic, charged me over $600 for it (even though they noted on the invoice they only charged me $375 because their tech pocketed the remainder), then two months later, I have sewage all over my yard and they are saying that they don't guarantee their work even though their tech told me I should be good for another 3-5 years. Customer service is not their thing, so don't call. Rude, hung up on more than once, even when I agreed to pay them double to come out and fix what they broke
- Affordable Handyman and Painting ServicesThey screened in our custom back porch in one day, installed a screen door, plus a doggie door, got my sons football unstuck from our oak tree and hung a painting for me. They were clean, concise, friendly, efficient, punctual and hardworking. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone and would not hesitate to call them first for any future needs that I may have
- Knights Septic TankMy 84 year old mother was having problems with her septic tank after the ground became saturated from storm. She called them and they promptly responded even though their office was 35 miles away. They did what was necessary quickly and courteously. She was so please that she asked me to go online and post this rreview
- Knights Septic TankKnights did an excellent job creating a minimum disruption in the landscape. The men were very courteous and informative. I would definitely refer them to my best friend.
- Knights Septic TankI contacted Knights Septic Tank on Sunday morning and was able to do an appointment on a Sunday. They arrived to our beach house and went around the backyard to locate the septic tank cover. When they remover the cover, they found the source of the clog at the entrance of the septic tank. they used a shovel and knocked out the clog and then proceeded to set up and pump out the septic tank since it was nearly full. It took less than an hour for them to pump out our 1000 gallon septic tank and the toilets could be flushed after their work was done. Roger and his colleague gave me advice on how often I should get the septic tank cleaned for future reference. I was very pleased with their services and would recommend them to anyone needing Septic tank cleaning
- Island Septic SystemsInspection and pump out along with showing where drain field was located in purchase of a new home. Very informative and helpful.
- Knights Septic TankI contacted Knight's Septic Service on a Friday morning and spoke with Michael about a new drain field. He told me they were about a week and a half out on work, which I replied was fine. He had someone out the next day, Saturday, to inspect the site. A week and a half later they came out and performed the work. They arrived earlier than expected and were finished in about two hours. They had top of the line equipment and went out of their way to minimize the damage to my property. I gave pricing a "B", because of the cost to pump the tank ($200-$350 depending on how recently it's been pumped.) Depending on where you live in the tri-county area, you can find pump trucks cheaper. The cost of the drain field itself was $1400. I found this to be very reasonable. I priced doing the work myself and asked around about some local contractors, after that I felt Knight's price was a good deal, especially when you account for the expertise and professionalism they bring to the table. I hope to not have anymore septic issues for a very long time, but if I do, I'll definitely call Knight's
- Knight's Septic TankWe hired Knight's to perform our septic tank maintenance and were pleased with the service and staff.
Septic Tank Companies in Charleston
- Business Description:We specialize in land development that includes … lot clearing, excavation, grading, demolition, ponds, and more! We also specialize in the new construction of septic systems DHEC licensed and certified by the Carolinas We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:They were awesome! Please before you get anyone to do anything for you, please contact them to come out for a quote. I used them more than three times already. Because of how quick he moves, I know 4 of my family members that used him also. Pricing, response time, overall work is just awesome. I promise you won't be disappointedLaporchia C.
- Business Description:Coastal Siding and Window's owner has over 37 years experience in the remodeling business, and has been exceeding the expectations of Charleston homeowners for 23 years. We specialize in adding both beauty and value to the exterior of our clients’ homes with high performance siding, windows, soffit, fascia, and more. We use only the most trusted brands, and the quality of our workmanship is unparalleled in the industry. Contact the professionals at Coastal Siding and Windows for more inform..Recent Review:Mr. Levin got us set-up. Billy came out and measured. Factory production was extended due to COVID. Once windows were ready from the factory, Billy and crew came back and did the installation. Billy's crew was like a well-oiled machine! Everyone had their job and they were all very efficient. Everyone was professional and personable. They arrived at 07:30 am ready to work, dispersed to their various tasks and completed everything by 01:00 pm. Everything was put back together and clean. Save for the new windows, you couldn't even tell they'd been there! Very pleased with they're attention to their business. Super Happy with our new windows too! They are just what we neededStu & Maureen M.
- Business Description:We are a small company that believe's quality work at a fair price is the only type of work we will tolerate giving the customer and we stand by our word! We are licensed in commercial & residential plumbing & gas work! Over 20 yrs exp. in the lowcountry! license # M112780 Like us on facebook & receive 10% off the service callRecent Review:Failed to show up for the appointment and no call.Ed T.
- Business Description:Plumb Pro offers a full range of plumbing installation and repairs. We are fully licensed and insured. Warranty on every service performed and a free plumbing inspection with every service.Recent Review:He set up a time to come for an estimate and did not show. He did apologize when I called him the next day.Tim K.
- Business Description:Pink Plumbing is your premier plumbing company in the Charleston area. We provide numerous services within the plumbing industry. If you are looking for friendly, competitively priced, hardworking individuals, look no further. We will be with you every step of the way, from the initial call to the completion of your project. Your satisfaction is our guarantee. We look forward to coming to your location and handling all of your residential or commercial plumbing needsRecent Review:We hired Pink to install two new tankless water heaters. From the beginning, we had issues. Lewis came out and said it was our mixing valve but did something and said it was working. It wasn’t. Several visits later it still wasn’t working Their solution was to keep the upstairs super hot when people wanted to shower downstairs and turn it down when we used the upstairs shower. So that’s what we did to get by. A few months later the downstairs unit stopped working. The motherboard had to be replaced. We asked why a new unit would have a motherboard fail and they told us it just happens. We continued to have issues with the upstairs unit and eventually the downstairs unit had problems again. Finally, after two additional visits, a new plumber from Pink got on the phone with Navien, discovered the unit was never changed from factory settings and was running as a commercial unit which is why the motherboard went and which was causing it to run constantly (burning gas) The plumber also told me it had never been installed properly and was missing a part but was now working correctly. At the same time, he looked at the upstairs unit and said he did something to fix it. The next morning I had no hot water. He came and fixed that (apparently he had switched it off). Shortly thereafter, an alarm went off for the unit. The same plumber came by and reset it while out for the evening. When the next person took a shower, the alarm went off again. At this point I was furious and demanded someone from their company fix this very expensive and brand new unit once and for all. They would not come out again so fortunately, I had to call another company. They said that unit (a Rinnai) also was incorrectly installed and was soon going to be doing damage to our pipes in the walls due to the manner in which they had it draining. It too was missing something which is described in the plumber’s assessment. At this point we feel Pink Plumbing (who had sometimes returned for free, sometimes charging us over 8-9 months) should be responsible for the repair work. We are asking Pink pay compensation for the emergency visit and the repair work on the second unit. We spent many months with two units working improperly costing us time and money. We contacted Jud Leggett several times and he always says he will look it over and get back to us. He never doesCarol A.
- Business Description:Knights Septic Tank, established in 1969, is a family owned company that operates in the lowcountry and surrounding areas of South Carolina.Recent Review:They called to say they could come a day earlier than anticipated. All went as you would expect a good company to perform. I also got a discount for being a senior citizen.David S.
- Business Description:We serve the entire “tri-county area,as well as Beaufort , Blufton! Family operated since 1990. Full line Gas and Plumbing installation and service provider. Specialize in GENERATOR and TANKLESS or TANK water heater installs. Fire pits and gas lamps. GAS LOGS sales and install.Recent Review:Peeples plumbing was so easy to work with they were able to accommodate my schedule and work around a late rescheduling. The tech that came out to install my gas grill was very knowledgeable and instructed me how to swap out the propane orfices for the new gas orfices. He was also very neat and careful not to damage my newly laid sod. I would definitely recommend using Peeples Plumbing and I will call them again for any plumbing jobs I may have in the future.Jim C.
- Business Description:Real Pro Home Inspection provides high quality home inspections at an affordable price. We inspect every detail of the property Including: Roof, structure, electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems. All appliances in the home including dishwasher, stove, microwave, refrigerator, washer and dryer are tested for proper functionality. We will also perform a wood destroying insect (termite) inspection on the property. We are licensed Radon technicians. Our inspections are extremely thorou..Recent Review:Phil was thorough and very knowledgeable. Gave advice on items that needed to be fixed.Robert T.
- Business Description:Fully licensed to preform carpentry, Handyman Services, Interior / Exterior Painting, Screen Porches, Carpentry . Proud Super Service Award Winner in multiple categories in 2012 and 2011. Affordable Handyman of Charleston, SC is locally owned and operated. Excellent customer service and professional quality work. Call and let us help you save money and relieve you from the headaches that other contractors may give you. If you are a do it yourself-er but don't know how to get started with your..Recent Review:It went very well. They did a great job.Les K.
- Business Description:911 Restoration of Charleston is a full-scale water damage cleanup restoration company offering you peace of mind after a disaster. We provide water damage restoration, sanitization, mold removal, fire & smoke damage, reconstruction and everything in between with 24/7 availability. Take precautionary actions during the coronavirus. Our techs are trained to sanitize and clean your property with disinfection solutions and follow CDC and EPA protocols. Disasters can happen anytime due to pip..Recent Review:McQueeney is a liar & rip off! He tried to get payment before completing the work multiple times. His workers (Cody & Ishmael) took select pictures of only the good areas. They didn't think we would go under the crawlspace & take our own pictures. We were about to pay his worker but decided to check behind him. He tried to stop us. There was still mold & debris throughout the so-called cleaned crawlspace. Of course we didn't pay! I called Mr McQueeney to complain & he made excuses for the shoddy work! I told him not to have them back on my property. The following week our hvac company began working in the crawlspace. During, this time Mr McQueeny snuck another worker, John, on my property to try to fix their botched work. This interfered with the hvac work. I caught John & told him to NEVER come back on my property. John thought I was aware of him being there. I emailed Mr McQueeney! 911 Restoration trepassed & still didn't clean or remove all of the mold in our crawlspace!! I don't know how they are still in business. SCAM ARTIST!!! I found another company to properly clean our crawlspace. This con artist had the audacity to put a mechanical lien on our property that we have to fight! STAY FAR AWAY from DAVID MCQUEENEY aka 911 RestorationAnthony N.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to grow plants over your septic tank, the answer is yes, as long as you stick with plants that have shallow root systems to avoid damaging the septic system. Learn the best plants to install over a septic tank.
Septic system cost varies from place to place, depending on type, size and location. While they can be costly, septic tank systems can be worthy investments. Before you dive in, consider variables that drive the cost of a septic system.
Find septic tank services in
- North Charleston
- Mount Pleasant
- Johns Island
- Sullivans Island
- Goose Creek
- Seabrook Island
- Kiawah Island
- Dewees Island
- Isle Of Palms
- Folly Beach
- Wadmalaw Island
- Moncks Corner
- Adams Run
septic tank services in Charleston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 843 Plumber1060 Oakcrest Dr
Charleston, South Carolina
- 843 Plumber
- Brinson Services5667 Dixie Plantation Rd
Hollywood, South Carolina
- Brinson Services
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Golden Rule Plumbing5150 Wade Hampton Blvd Ste A
Taylors, South Carolina
- Golden Rule Plumbing
- Knights Septic TankPO Box 3407
Summerville, South Carolina
- Knights Septic Tank
- Palmetto Outdoors Solutions717 Getaway Lane
Pinopolis, South Carolina
- Peeples Plumbing & GasP.O. Box 706
Roundo, South Carolina
- Phoenix fire protectionPO Box 845
Folly Beach, South Carolina
- Pink Plumbing, LLC1068 Clements Ferry Rd
Charleston, South Carolina
- Plumb Pro9997 Highway 78 Unit B
Ladson, South Carolina
- Palmetto Outdoors Solutions
- Superior septic and excavation3960 N Highway 17A
Jamestown, South Carolina
- Superior septic and excavation
- The Plumbing Experts3307 New Easley Hwy
Greenville, South Carolina
- The Plumbing Experts