Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Sylvania, OH
There are 12 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Sylvania
- SALGAU ROOFINGWe thought we might need a new roof, but Nicolai Salgau educated us about a silicone product with a 50-yr materials warranty that has been absolutely great. Before we proceeded, we researched this Gako product and learned that, while effective and high quality, it requires expert application. Salgau Roofing provided that. We have complete trust in their excellent work, meticulous application, and - critical, we think - superior knowledge of roofing materials and techniques. Before the silicone application, Salgau took pains to repair previous roofers' "repairs." Especially for slate, flat, or historic roofs, Salgau is first-rate. They have earned their excellent reputation read less
- SALGAU ROOFINGAs always great work. Showed up as scheduled and completed work as advised. Any debris removed after finished. I would not have anyone else work on my slate roof.
- SALGAU ROOFINGWe needed a copper roof above a bay window replaced. Salgau Roofing was recommended by another roofing company that does not work with copper. During the estimate they took the time to explain where and why the current roof failed, the weak points of the original design, and how they would re-design it to prevent future problems. The work was meticulously and well done. The owner and crew were curious and happy to answer my questions. The clean up was immaculate, we are very happy with the new roof, and have received many compliments from neighbors read less
- SALGAU ROOFINGIt went very smoothly. The owner of the company is always on top of things to provide quality workmanship. Arrives on schedule, and works to get job completed, and excellent cleanup as well.
- SALGAU ROOFINGPut request in on line for a quote and was able to get someone out the next day. Early the next week the work was done. As always work was done as promised. Tiles were replaced as outlined in quote. The owner of Salgua was at the job part of the time as well as stopped by that night when job was complete to make sure he as well as us were happy with work. We have used Salgau many times and have always been happy with work done read less
- SALGAU ROOFINGIt went great! Big crew worked fast and completed in one afternoon. Everyone cleaned up debris and left with area cleaner than it was!
- SMB CONSTRUCTIONI am giving two stars because the initial crew that came out to do the emergency repair did great. They were fast, respectful, and helped take a lot of the stress off of me after a tree fell on my house where part of the tree was actually inside of my house. The problem started after the emergency roof patching. The day the insurance adjuster came out to the house and Bill from SMB came out. Bill said he was going to give me a quote on repairing the tree damage. He asked me if I had a contractor in mind to do the job. I told him I was waiting for the insurance adjuster to make a Decision as to whether they were going to cover it or not. I told him that I wanted to get multiple quotes as I knew several contractors personally. Once I told him that I wasn’t going to go with them without getting quotes from some other contractors he turned around and left. He wouldn’t even give me a business card. When the insurance adjuster showed up he told him that I already have a contractor. I never said that I had a contractor and when I asked why he wouldn’t give me a quote he said “ I am not going to quote the job just so your body can do it off of my estimate”. My girlfriend could not believe he would be so rude so she called him the next day. He told her the same thing. He also told her he would not deal with us (the customers) and would only deal with our insurance company. He was extremely rude to her as well. The feeling I got is that Bill was looking to get the most Money that he could out of the insurance company and do the job as cheaply as possible so that he could keep any extra money that was left. After all was said and done the initial crew did a great job but Bill was extremely rude. This was a $40k plus job. I wasn’t going to go with any company without quotes from other companies. Bill completely ruined SMBs chance at getting this job and was rude to my insurance adjuster as well read less
- EDDIE'S HARDWOOD FLOORS• Extremely Unprofessional • Poor workmanship We hired Eddie after having part of our floors sanded and installation started in two additional rooms. After letting our initial contractor go, we thought, we would hire Eddie because of his good reviews and years of experience to complete the job. We were incredibly let down. Eddie said he would go through the entire floor and make sure it was sanded appropriately and that he would install wood flooring at the threshold to our dining room and repair any errors are last contractor made. After the staining and two layers of oil-based poly, were applied we finally returned home. (Due to pregnancy, I did not return home for a few weeks after this was completed.) Upon walking in we noticed that the floors were not properly sanded or cleaned before stain and poly were applied as there was rounded sanding marks and pet hair in the poly. (Our dog had been at my mothers-in-law’s home for a month before Eddie finished our floors and didn’t return for over a month after he finished them.) There appeared to be bubbling, stain marks and he even missed portions of sanding and staining on our stairs. A few days later my husband stepped on the threshold to the dining room and a board cracked due to being installed improperly. We were not happy but chose not to say anything as we were just happy to be in our home again. Approximately 30 days after having the floors cure, we had contractors install a kitchen island. Due to this the floors were covered with paper and taped with masking tape. This masking tape ripped the poly right off the floor. At this point we decided that we should contact Eddie when the rest of our renovation was completed to come repair the poly. (I wasn’t even going to mention the other issues.) After leaving two messages for Eddie he finally called back with an attitude. He told me none of this was his fault that this would be normal if tape was put on Poly. (I was told by two other floor guys that this should not happen on oil-based poly with 30 days cure time.) Eddies tone was loud, aggressive, and accusatory, so I asked him to lower his voice as it seemed he was yelling at me. He told me that this is how he speaks, and he continued to talk louder and then he started to talk over me. He said I was asking him to fix something for free that wasn’t his doing. Yes, I was asking him to fix this and I believed it was his mistake. So, I brought to his attention the other issues I never mentioned before because I did not feel like my request was unfair. He continued to speak over me, telling me if there was an issue that I would have called immediately. Throughout the entire conversation Eddie raised his voice at me and told me that I was in the wrong. The conversation ended with him speaking over me telling me that he just woke up from a nap and had to put his kids to bed and that I should be thankful he called me in the evening. Finally, he accused me, a paying customer of being unprofessional for asking him to not raise his voice at me and to come take a look at the issue. He said again that this is unprofessional and that he would call back the next day. It has been days and he has not called back read less
- SALGAU ROOFINGThis company is amazing! They were on time and very professional. Explained what was needed and performed authorized services. Didn't try to do more than was needed. Tried to save me money by using existing paint, but when I didn't have the right paint they figured it out and it looks great!
- SALGAU ROOFINGWent very well. A large house with dormers and copper flashing. Replaced bead board under overhangs. Happy with everything.This took about six days. Very good clean-up. Workers were great to work with, informed me about every thing they were doing.
Contractors in Sylvania
- Business Description:Harrison Floors has been family owned and operated since 1948. We serve Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. We install and refinish over 750 floors per year. Our goal is to provide you excellent customer service and a professional hardwood floor job. We are fully insured and covered by workers comp. We are an accredited business with an A+ rating with the BBB. Additional email - email@example.com. Additional DBA - Harrison Builders Inc. Cost is determined by the job read lessRecent Review:They refused to wear masks even when I requested them to. My Son has special needs and my mother has health issues. They were ridiculous. I had to ask my family to leave while they laid the floor. That kind of carelessness and ignorance is horrible. We are in a pandemic. Guess no one mentioned that to them read lessColleene K.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - A+ Building Maintenance & Home Repair. Is based in Toledo, Ohio and provides commercial & residential home and building repairs throughout northwest Ohio & southeast Michigan. Additional phone number - (800) 915-1542 read lessRecent Review:Hired A+ to replace two old items - a ceiling fan and a bathroom exhaust. Mike was there on time, worked throughout the morning and early afternoon. The hole in the ceiling for the bathroom exhaust needed patching to make it a little smaller, he took care of that and you'd never know there was once a larger hold there. Both jobs were done efficiently and well. Good work - I'd use them again read lessJoe M.
- Business Description:Dream Green is a landscape, design and home maintenance company that proudly offers services for all your outdoor and indoor living needs. We are a family owned and operated company, serving the Toledo area since 2002. Dream Green has decades of experience in horticulture and residential construction. We pride ourselves on individualized customer service and attention to detail . Dream Green is an environmentally friendly company using only organic fertilizers and sprays to maintain your land.. read lessRecent Review:Lyndsay's team is knowledgeable, professional and diligent. I have tried "cheap" options and you totally get what you pay for! Dream green's pricing is fair for the excellent work they do. I have a big yard and cant weed it all myself. They do a great job of helping me maintain the beds. And the leaf cleanup is a dream come true!! Treat yourself!!! I cant recommend Dream Green enough for their knowledge, quality of work and fair pricing read lessCali S.
- Business Description:We specialize in residential and commercial roofing installation. Salgau Roofing, Inc., has been serving the Toledo area for over 18 years. We will work with you from the planning stages of your project through to your satisfactory completion. Salgau Roofing, Inc., takes pride in our attention to detail, unmatched customer service, and high quality materials. Exceptional quality work guaranteed. European trained historical restoration read lessRecent Review:Salgau Roofing did and exceptional job. They have done 4 roofs for all done in time frame which was stated. I will continue to use Salgau Roofing for all my Roofing needsGreg K.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Highly skilled craftsmen perform at the top of their field. We display attention to detail & we are very conscientious on every job. The owner stops by job sites regularly to maintain the quality you expect.Recent Review:They forgot about my first scheduled appointment and never called. I missed an entire day of work because the estimates are between 10 and 2 and they refuse to call on the way or give u a smaller window. 2nd appointment they were late I had to call again if it wasn't for a very sweet professional manager Lauralee I would have canceled especially since Brittany was so nasty about them forgetting me the 1st time. I will only schedule with Lauralee from now on im a realtor and have a ton of work and even more referrals so you would think they would give me star treatment but sadly only Lauralee doe read lessEllen F.
- Recent Review:They did a very fine job . Very professional. No complains. Good price. They were early before time.Suzette G.
- Business Description:At New Roof, Inc. we pride ourselves in providing quality, professional services 24 hours, 7 days a week. We specialize in both commercial and residential repairs, reconstruction and emergency services. We are experienced and prepared to handle your request. In our 30+ years, we have successfully completed thousands of projects with a high level of customer satisfaction. Your New Roof is guaranteed for 10 years from the date of installation against any and all leaks resulting from faulty mate.. read lessRecent Review:They were responsive when I needed to communicate (Jeff always took my calls), they cleaned up reasonably well (I'm still finding some nails), and the quality of work was terrific. They were meticulous and was always willing to accommodate our requests on certain areas, like the oven vent or house wrap, and the installers clearly want to do high-quality work. A small complaint would be that I wasn't always sure if they were coming on a particular day. But overall I am very satisfied and would hire them again read lessJim B.
- Business Description:Prior to founding Radiant Windows in 2001, my wife and I traveled around the country and different parts of the world designing windows, equipment, and factories for the window industry. We know windows. We are truly experts when it comes to helping people to make the right choices when deciding to purchase new windows and doors and all the little details that go with them and within their budget read lessRecent Review:I am very satisfied with all the works that they did, everything was done very well. They were professional and on time.michael b.
- Business Description:Additional Phones - (734) 848-6735 & (800) 216-2733 .Recent Review:I had a new roof put on in late April and early May. The Company was able to find the leak and the roof looks great. There is one problem they didn't correct and that is when it rains, some water does not drain into the eaves. Instead some of the rain runs down between the roof and the gutters. The roofing foreman says it is a drip edge problem and the owner says it is a coil problem. The roofing person tried to adjust the drip edge but it still leaks a little. Plus he didn't do the whole roof. All I know is that I thought that would be part of the contract is to have the water actually drain off the roof into the eaves. I didn't know you had to contract that separately. The owner did tell me that the roofers would put coil to fix the problem but they never showed up. There were other minor communication problems between the salesman, office, and the roofers such as dropping off the dumpster 10 days before work began and not providing the homeowner with a sample of bad shingles to file a claim with Owens Corning as their shingles only lasted half their warranted life. I consider those problems no big deal and fixable for the company. My big concern is now I have to contract with another roofer to finish the job of fixing the drip edge or coil or whatever it takes for the rain water to go into the eaves. And with all this rain the last few months I am sure I won't be able to have someone fix it until next year. I just hope it doesn't do too much damage until I can get the roofing job completed read lessRenee F.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Ottawa Lake
- Ottawa Hills
- Luna Pier
general contractors in Sylvania
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Sculptor's Touch Remodeling LLC19700 Cross Creek Rd
Bowling Green, Ohio
- A&B CONSTRUCTION5755 COMET AVE
- A+ Building Maintenance & Home RepairPO Box 398
- Aero Construction of Ohio LLC10102 Hertzfeld Rd
- Affordable Improvements5263 Bentbrook Dr.
- All American Construction & Plumbing837 N Centennial Rd
- ALL PHASE BUILDINGS & GARAGES5352 Jackman Rd
- All Points Building And Construction2197 W. Rauch Road
- All Professional Maintenance1950 Arlington Ave.
- All Residential Repairs, LLC6224 Capshore Dr
- ALTERNATIVE MAINTENANCE & REPAIR LLC1045 SCRIBNER
- Antique Beams and Boards LLC9222 County Road L
- Arnolds Home Improvement1770 Tremainsville Rd
- Attention To Detail7395 Latcha Rd.
- A Sculptor's Touch Remodeling LLC
- Caydens General Contracting
- Chronus Construction and Landscaping1690 Woodlands Dr Suite 200
- Cole ConstructionPO Box 2579
- Comfort Zone22210 mermill rd.
Milton Center, Ohio
- CREATIVE HARDWOOD FLOORING26499 Southpoint Rd.
- Curran Fixes LLC401 Ford St.
- CURTIS CONSTRUCTION CO1982 Lotus Dr
- Cutting Edge Construction & Remodeling4201 Vermaas Ave
- Caydens General Contracting
- Glass City Construction, Inc2610 N Erie St
- Glass City Construction, Inc
- H & H Plumbing Services11931 County Road 13
- H & S CONSTRUCTIONPO BOX 196
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handy Hubby2010 N Reynolds Rd
- Harley construction and flooring llc1123 Tricia ct
- Harrison Floors159 N Lallendorf Rd
- Homers Home Improvement LLC4580 County Road N
Mc Clure, Ohio
- Hometech Construction1397 wildwood
- H & H Plumbing Services
- J Collins Construction & Remodeling6108 Holly Valley Dr
- J Lohr Contracting2009 County Road 23
- J.H. Custom Carpentry Work2214 Wilkins Rd
- J.W.'S HANDYMAN SERVICE LLC9596 RUDOLPH RD.
- JCP building LLC
- JDP Construction LLC7956 Whiteford Center Rd
Ottawa Lake, Michigan
- Jim's Affordable Home Improvments & Repairs5171 Esch Rd
- JT's Handyman Services1626 co rd q
- J Collins Construction & Remodeling
- Krueger construction3763 county rd 4
- Krueger construction
- L&M CUSTOMS LLC1316 Eleanor Ave
- L&M CUSTOMS LLC
- R Frank & Sons Construction6517 N Opfer-Lentz Rd
- Radiant Windows LLC101 N Benton St
Oak HARBOR, Ohio
- Randy's Repair Service5846 Normandy Dr
- Raw Construction6364 County Road 4
- RENEW PROPERTIES5658 MAIN ST
- Rhino Shield7745 E 89th St
- Rick's home repair service4764 County Road C
- Riverbrook Construction1154 Clarion Ave
- RIVERBROOK CONSTRUCTIONPO Box 45
- RM Remodeling Solutions24251 Front St.
Grand Rapids, Ohio
- R Frank & Sons Construction
- S&S Solutions27964 S. Pointe
- Sailer construction17300 albain rd
- SALGAU ROOFING2075 Starr Ave
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Signature Construction Co.623 Brighton Ave
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- S&S Solutions
- T & R FENCE & DECK406 PICKERD
- TCR - Thomas Construction and Remodeling, LLCPO Box 266
- Tedrick Tile & Floor Coverings LLC
- The Honey Do Man315 W Main St
- Timmerman Bldrs.237 Brooke Dr.
- Tinnel Construction1131 Meanwell Rd
- Total Handyman ServicePO Box 149
- Total Quality Construction Ltd3315 Centennial Rd Ste I
- T & R FENCE & DECK