Handy Hubby

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2010

4.2

2010 N Reynolds Rd

Toledo, OH 43615

Highly skilled craftsmen perform at the top of their field. We display attention to detail & we are very conscientious on every job. The owner stops by job sites regularly to maintain the quality you expect....

03/02/2021

Ellen F.

They forgot about my first scheduled appointment and never called. I missed an entire day of work because the estimates are between 10 and 2 and they refuse to call on the way or give u a smaller window. 2nd appointment they were late I had to call again if it wasn't for a very sweet professional manager Lauralee I would have canceled especially since Brittany was so nasty about them forgetting me the 1st time. I will only schedule with Lauralee from now on im a realtor and have a ton of work and even more referrals so you would think they would give me star treatment but sadly only Lauralee does

Description of Work
Various small jobs

Category handyman service, doors

We have no record of your experience with us nor can we verify your identity in our records. We believe this review to come from a disgruntled employee with whom we had a brief working relationship. It was not a good fit. If you are a prospective customer and have any questions regarding this review, please call our office.

03/01/2021

greg L.

worst company ever I was overcharged the guys left a huge mess they had to come back 3 times and its still not right now they won't even respond!

Description of Work
Handy man service

Category drywall, handyman service, home remodeling

02/11/2021

Teresa S.

Went very well. The guys were very professional and respectful. They were done in a timely manner and they cleaned up their mess before they left each day. Overall I was really impressed by them.

Description of Work
New Bath tub and shower put in.

Category bathtub refinishing, concrete repair, drywall, insulation, plumbing

01/22/2021

Isaiah T.

They originally built a platform/frame for our bed, which went very well.

Description of Work
Disassembled and assembled a bed and platform.

Category handyman service, Uncategorized

12/14/2020

Tonya H.

They were great recommend to anyone needing a handy man!!

Description of Work
Handymen

Category handyman service, interior painters

12/07/2020

Bobbi A.

they were very professional , they left the areas they worked very clean. Eric and his partner worked at a good pace and were very polite.

Description of Work
replace fan and masonry work on my porch

11/23/2020

Lannie K.

The service was excellent as was the workmanship. I wouldn't hesitate to call them for any further projects.

Description of Work
The chimney stack had a hole in it caused by a woodpecker. The workmen patched the hole and painted the area.

11/18/2020

Candice R.

As everyone was trying to locate companies for remodeling/ repairs as staying close to home during the pandemic, it was a considerable time before we could even request an estimate. We are so glad we waited. After getting several quotes, the pricing by Handy Hubby was very reasonable and the workmanship was great! By the time we scheduled, they had brought on more people and the work was able to be completed in just a day and a half after only having to wait less than a week to get on the schedule. Some companies were not even taking on any new jobs or the wait time was at least 6-8 weeks out. For the estimate as well as the work, the team showed up masked and ready to go. I cannot say the same for some others in the area. Right on time each day. Brittany in the office was also extremely friendly, knowledgable, and professional. We would definitely recommend Handy Hubby.

Description of Work
Subfloor and new flooring in upstairs bath after a leak. Subsequent damage to lower bathroom and kitchen needed repair as well.

Category drywall, basement waterproofing, home remodeling

11/07/2020

Bonnie M.

Handy Hubby Toledo recently completed remodeling our master bathroom. The process from the first day we met John, the owner, to the day our project was completed was incredibly satisfying. John frequently came by to check on everything and to see if we had any questions or concerns with how things were progressing. I was also impressed with the way the workers and subs took great care of our home while they worked. We dealt primarily with Rob who tiled the shower and painted the walls. He is dependable, trustworthy and took great pride in his work- a real professional! My husband and I highly recommend Handy Hubby and will definitely use them for future projects!

Description of Work
Remolded master bathroom

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, home remodeling

10/06/2020

Gerald G.

The owner was very cooperative and helpful. They were very patience and communicative. I'm very satisfied with the service.

Description of Work
They did kitchen remodeling. They painted the wall, ceiling, and baseboard

Category home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you!!

10/02/2020

LaFloyd S.

Carmine did the grab bar and wax ring. He was quick and effecient and on time. We are really pleased. James put up our new bath cabinet, wall light, new faucet for bath sink, and new flood light in the back yard. Both men were prompt and efficient. Price was reasonable but it was not an issue for us because we wanted to support a small business. We used Home Advisor for a project but we changed to Handy Hubby. The 2 young ladies in the office are awesome. They are prompt and courteous. Keep up the good work.

Description of Work
We needed a wax ring put under toilet, a grab bar put in the tub, a bathroom cabinet with mirror and light fixture, new faucet in bath sink, new floodlight put up in backyard.

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing, basement waterproofing

Thanks so much for the nice review, we've enjoyed working with you and look forward to any future work!

09/23/2020

Brian H.

Handy Hubby did an excellent job on our remodel projects. They were very professional and cleaned up before leaving each day. I would highly recommend hiring them for and remodeling project!

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category remodeling

Thank you, we've enjoyed working with you!

09/23/2020

Marcie W.

I cannot say enough good things about Handy Hubby. They just completed a total bath renovation for me and the result has far exceeded my expectations. The small, full bath is exquisitely charming and is a lovely enhancement to my home. Remodeling can seem tedious, but all of the employees were courteous and efficient and very easy to have in my home. I highly recommend their services and look forward, with confidence, to some future projects.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, electrician, plumbing, siding, basement waterproofing, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Thank you for leaving us such a nice review, looking forward to ongoing and future projects!

09/16/2020

Sharmeta G.

I have always had great services with Carmine and the other workers. They recently installed new flooring in my home and it looks amazing! I highly recommend their services!!

Description of Work
New flooring

Category flooring contractor

Thanks so much for the nice review!

09/14/2020

Steven M.

We plan to have them back next year. It was nice. It was really good. They were here when they said they would be here. The owner was very helpful. He gave us some suggestions and recommendations. This was the 4th time that we have had work done by them.

Description of Work
They installed a stair case. They refinished the walls and the ceiling. They did general remodeling. They installed the carpet. They installed a ventilation fan in the bathroom.

Category carpet installation, remodeling, ceiling fans

09/11/2020

john S.

It was excellent work. He was dependable and always does good work. We are very happy with his great work and service. He will do the driveway by the end of Oct this year. He was reliable. He was like family to us now. He is a conscientious person.

Description of Work
They remodeled our kitchen and the rest of the house. They also did some siding work and fixed the drainage.

Category plumbing, remodeling, siding, home remodeling

09/09/2020

Chris K.

I would highly recommend the Handy Hubby Team. They completed an extensive remodel of your house, including a new bathroom, kitchen, carpet replacement, indoor painting, light fixture replacement and several general repairs. They were very professional, responsive and respectful throughout. We would not hesitate to use their services again for future work.

Description of Work
Remodeling

Category electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, sunrooms

10/14/2019

elizabeth M.

Excellent work. Timely communication and worked with us when scheduling became tight. Work performed during business hours each day and they left our home neat and clean each evening when they left. Finished bathroom looks even better than we thought it would. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Renovate full bath

Category handyman service, home remodeling

03/22/2018

Diane N.

It went really well. They do really good work and they've always been fair with me. I'm happy with them.

Description of Work
They installed blinds and a ceiling fan.

Category electrician, window treatments, ceiling fans

05/05/2017

Iris M.

I had been working with John at Handy Hubby for going on two (difficult) months until he finally decided to threaten to send back my check and hung up on me the day before he was apparently supposed to do the job. I needed a shower/bath replaced for my rental unit. Not a difficult job. Somehow, however, this turned into the biggest problem for John and he didn't hesitate to huff and gruff every single time I had to talk with him. He even went so far as to tell my tenants that I was a slum landlord and was violating codes because I didn't have a fan in the bathroom. The house was built in the 1940s. It, along with all older homes in Toledo, are not required to have a fan. Yet, John thought this was completely acceptable conversation to have with my tenants, who even thought it was weird. When confronted with my questioning him, he lied and said it wasn't true. It was an "assumption"?!? I asked him to keep conversation strictly between us and not to involve my tenants further for any reason. He ended by saying I was being so difficult, he might just quit the job. A couple weeks go by. Meanwhile I'm getting emails from his secretary for information I'd already spoken to John about. Not a big deal but twice I replied and neither time did they get the emails. I began receiving emails then with ??? and !!! to questions I'd answered now several times over. Texting John, I told him to please clear this up, that everything was set, I was only waiting for a start date as I'd asked for several times. I was then accused of never responding to his secretary so I had to take screen shots of my sent emails. The grand finale of this whole song and dance occurred when I then get a text from my tenant that they were by and were coming by the next day to start. I called John to figure out why I was hearing this from the tenant instead of directly from him. His attitude on the phone was belligerent and crudely disrespectful. I reminded him that I was his customer, not my tenants, and that we'd already discussed needing to keep communication between us - lest he go ahead and tell my tenant more ridiculous stories about me. He then calls me back an hour later. Tells me that I didn't get him grout. This is a huge problem. I say, well, pick up some white grout. No, no, no. Not good enough. Then I'm told that he half wants to send back my check because I'm such a bad client. After barking at me, he then hangs up. I try calling back. No answer. Currently waiting for the check to be sent back. Currently out 2 months of trying to work with this yahoo. BEWARE.

Description of Work
Bath remodel.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

We originally had an appointment with the home owner, [Member Name Removed] to ascertain the details of the bathroom remodel work that she wanted. She was not at the appointment at [Member Information Removed] in [Member Information Removed]. Instead it was her tenant who met me to discuss the project (which I took as [Member Name Removed] surrogate who would describe what she wanted). The tenant assumed that we were there to price a complete bathroom remodel including removing plaster from walls and ceiling. Since, the tenant explained the landlord had promised him that she would remodel the Bathroom before he moved in to the house many months prior. I responded that my information stated that the remodel work was to be limited to only replacing the bathtub & shower surround. The tenant asked me if the black spots all over the walls and ceiling as mold, and it was, how to remedy that. I said that is looked like mold to me, and at the very least, an exhaust fan and switch should be installed. I suggested that a topical "mold kill" would probably not be sufficient to get rid of the mold, if that's what the black dotted patches on the walls & ceiling were, but the wall & ceiling coverings would have to be removed entirely. At that point, I called the homeowner who informed me for the first time that she lived in [Member Information Removed] area, and she reproached me for involving her tenant. Without going into each conversation that followed, suffice to say that it seemed that the homeowner was aggravated with my thoroughness of trying to make clear what she wanted and how she wanted it done. As one example: how removing her existing tub would affect her tiled floor. The meant multiple options: from leaving gaps in the floor where tiles would be absent to replacing the entire floor if the existing floor tiles could not be matched. [Member Name Removed] said that she would provide new tiles & grout. I agreed to install a substrate, the tiles, and grout that she provided. I put that agreement in writing. I said I would wait to start the job till all material was staged at the job site. When the tiles arrived, the grout was not there. [Member Name Removed] said that she wanted me to pick up the grout. I was reluctant to do that since there are too many color choices, and didn't want to have to redo the installation if she was not satisfied. She was upset again. I offered a couple solutions to satisfy both of us. But she still seemed upset. I said that I was feeling uncomfortable with our problems communicating. With the homeowner being out of state, sometimes difficult to contact, and often hostile, I suggested that I would return her check and that she could find someone else to do the work. She became very irate then, and somewhat abusive. She demanded the check back immediately. She stated that she was an attorney, and that she would take action if I did not return her check immediately. I sent it to her certified mail that day. The next time I heard from her was through Angie's List Reviews. She, at first signed her name as [Member Name Removed] instead of [Member Name Removed], which threw me off. That is now changed to [Member Name Removed]. These are contentious times. I do not want to do work for someone with whom it is difficult for us to be polite and respectful with each other. With electronic media slanders rampant, I find this whole "review business" too often to be misleading and unfair. Nevertheless, I am at the point where I only want to work with people who are civil, & want good quality work for their hard earned dollar.

04/17/2017

Tori H.

Great! Happy with the work and all the workers.

Description of Work
Bathroom work - New Tub/Shower and Flooring. Also added New Toilet, Sink, and Vanity.

Category flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for the kind review, if you need any work in the Future please don't hesitate to call us.

01/09/2017

Judith D.

There was a couple things I called them back on but they came back promptly and took care of it. They did the work so we did not have to move out of our condo while it was being done. They had done it in 8 days. I thought that was very good because we didn't have any place to move out of our condo to. We weren't really inconvenienced by them being here doing the work.

Description of Work
We had two bathrooms redone. They didn't do plumbing work. They took out a bathtub and put in a shower. We didn't want the bathtub anymore. It's a bath and a half that they did. They put in two new toilets and two new sinks and new flooring. Light fixtures, that type of stuff. It was tile flooring.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure doing business with you. Looking forward to working with you on any future work you might have. Thanks again.

10/24/2016

Alaina S.

I can't say enough good things about the entire team at Handy Hubby. They just completed a full bathroom renovation for us - the experience was wonderful and the results are even better! From the initial visit, we instantly felt comfortable with John. He provided us with a comprehensive and detailed estimate within a week (which was much faster than some of the other companies we received bids from) and was willing to come over in the evening to discuss the estimate in detail with both me and my husband. He was patient with all of our questions throughout the entire experience. We never felt pressure from Handy Hubby. John also provided valuable advice as I was selecting materials and finishes. He even found us coupons for some of the big ticket items. We have been happy with every step of the remodeling process. The work was completed one week ahead of schedule, and the team was able to seamlessly manage "surprises" that were found in our older Old Orchard home. The crew kept the area extremely clean during the work and used proper barriers to ensure that dust, etc did not travel to other parts of the house. We felt 100% comfortable with the team that was working on the house when we were not there, especially because Handy Hubby doesn't use a variety of random subcontractors. The crew was extremely skilled and able to turn inspiration pictures into reality. We can't wait for our next project and are so happy to have found such a reliable and wonderful company to work with. Thanks Handy Hubby (especially John, Jack, Carmine, and Joe)!

Description of Work
Complete bathroom demo and remodel

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

09/19/2016

Julie M.

went well. he was on time and stayed on task.

Description of Work
Put together a computer desk and put a closet door on.

05/18/2016

C E P.

The work was done expertly and without delays.

Description of Work
Handy Hubby replaced most of our deck. They did an excellent job seamlessly joining the new replaced section with the the old section of the deck.

Category decks

Thank you so much for your review. Handy Hubby appreciates your business and your comments.