Winter is a great time to install a fence as it can save you money and preserve your landscaping. Here’s everything you need to know about installing a fence in winter, plus tips for completing the project safely and efficiently.
Get matched with top fence companies in Saranac Lake, NY
There are 2 highly-rated local fence companies.
Recent Fence Company Reviews in Saranac Lake
- GGI Construction CorpIvan and crew were able to come and start working quickly. Everything was quality work. We had them install a vinyl fence with two gates, lattice work under our deck with a door, some deck repair, and they even took over a job another contractor abandoned and built a retaining wall and leveled part of our yard and assembled a play house for our kid. They were upfront with pricing and timelines, even in this crazy time when supplies and help are hard to get. They were also amenable to any changes we wanted, even when it was completely our fault for changing our minds after what we agreed to. I'd definitely work with them agai
- Jan Fence IncJan Fence did a beautiful job. I needed a fenced backyard for my dog. The back 25 feet of the property was a mess - huge boulders on one corner, one side sloped down quite a bit and it was used as a dump for leaves - about 3 feet with dead trees and logs. I had one estimate from another company before Jan Fence - and the salesman looked at me like I was crazy for wanting to extend the fence all the way to back of the property. He pretty much whined about how difficult it would be to get around the boulders and trees. I called Jan Fence based on reviews on Angie's List and a recommendation from my realtor. Rob was the salesman that came out and he had no problem seeing how to navigate the boulders and run a reasonably straight line down the slope and through the trees - it was no big deal, just clean up the leaves so they could put in the pipes. I had a landscaper come in and they cleaned it, cut down some trees and removed all the deadfall. The price I got from Jan Fence was better than the other estimate and they could install several weeks earlier - how lucky can you get? The team that came out were professional and the team leader was an old pro and a pleasure to work with. His crew moved some big rocks around and addressed all the places that the dog might attempt to get his head under. The decorative gate at the front of the house came out beautiful. They showed up before 8AM and worked all day long on a very hot day - I think they took a 15 minute lunch break. They cleaned up perfectly, including hosing dirt from the driveway. So very happy I used Jan Fence. Because of them, I have a beautiful big area at the back of my yard that is slightly wooded and of course, my dog's favorite area to run around. I would have lost that nice space if I went with the other company who thought it would be a hassle to fence.
- Sadler Fence and Staining LLCFANTASTIC Stand Up Company!!! Great communication through out planning, showed up when they said they would, VERY professional, exceptional quality material, went above and beyond with instalation AND cleanup. Couldn't be happier with my new privacy fencing!!!
- North Coast ConstructionWe are completely satisfied with the quality of the finished work - even more we are delighted with the quality of the fit & finish of the work. The structural work was the responsibility of an architect who was also satisfied with the quality of the work. Renovation of one bathroom was done to a very exacting schedule - an upcoming wedding - and Povero met the deadline
- Lowe's Home ImprovementMaterials were delivered on time and extra material was picked up promptly and refunded to my account. Couldn't ask for better delivery people. They placed materials just off the edge of the driveway as to not drive there lift into the lawn and create ruts. pick up of materials was scheduled to my time so the I was available to count returns with the driver. Receipts of returned material to my account came in the mail a few days later
- Another Fence RepairAnother Fence Repair replaced a fence for me last year. The job that was done was of the highest quality. Unfortunately, due to no fault of Another Fence Repair, a post warped causing a bowed look to the fence and the post the gate was attached to split slighly. I called the company because I knew with the meticulous nature of the owner, he would want to take care of both situations. Within days after my call, the post had been dug out and replaced, straightening the fence, and the gate had been adjusted at a more than reasonable cost. Another Fence Repair will always be my choice for any type of fence installment or repair
- Another Fence RepairAfter it taking a bit of time to make contact and receive an estimate (which was extremely reasonable), I chose "Another Fence Repair" to replace a wind-damaged fence with a wooden Dog Ear fence. The quality of the work was outstanding -- 30"+ holes were dug and filled with cement when setting the posts; full 2 x 4's were used for the horizontal frame; and, the full Dog Ear boards were installed individually to allow for slope in the yard. Everything was very well cleaned up, though I had to wait a few weeks for a return visit to cut up the old fence and take it to the street. Aside from the few glitches both pre and post installation, I was very pleased. Bottom line, the fence installed was outstanding and very reasonably priced. I can't imagine having been able to get a better fence for the money anywhere
- Oneonta FenceSteve showed up, measured my property, and we discussed the fence gate that needed to be placed across the driveway. He made a drawing, a few calculaltions, and gave me a written estimate. I thought the estimate was very reasonable, and sent him a check the next day for the deposit. It took about 3 weeks for the fence to arrive at oneonta Fence, having been ordered from another company. When the work was to be started, Steve showed up with a small crew, and they spent the entire day at my house. The crew was equally polite. They installed the fence exactly as I had wanted it. The gate was installed shortly thereafter. I am very pleased with the quality of the new cedar fence and the workmanship that went into installing it. Steve Hiscox is a gentleman and very honest. His crew is the same. I would hire them again in a heartbeat. Incidentally, his crew left before I could pay Steve the balance of what I owed. I was expecting a call from him, to see when I would send the check. After two days, I sent Steve an e-mail, telling him I had put a check in the mail to him. The whole experience renewed my faith in contractors! It was effortless, from start to finish
- Kabes FencingChip and Paul were awesome. They came on a Wednesday to set the posts and make a change in the layout that my husband requested. They returned the following Monday to attach the chain link. The weather was less than nice and they worked throught a rain storm (no thunder and lightening thank goodness). Even though it rained, they didn't rush or do a mediocre job. They cleaned up all of the dirt and rock that came from the holes that were dug to set the posts in concrete as well. That was so nice !!! Needless to say, it looks great !!!!! If I need any other fencing, I'm calling Kabes. They were the best price and the best crew
- Oneonta FenceSteve was extremely flexible around our work schedules. He came, measured, discussed different options of fencing. He didn't pressure us to buy a more expense fence that we didn't need or couldn't afford. It is almost a year later and it looks great and is doing a great job keeping our dog and toddler fenced in. I would highly recommend Steve to anyone interested in fencing. We went to work one day, came home to a fenced yard. Two Thumbs Up
Fencing Contractors in Saranac Lake
- Business Description:Locally owned construction and landscaping company, we do quality work and insured. Free estimates.Recent Review:Very good!Randy S.
- Business Description:Our non-electric dog fence is comprised of 12 individual components. It is a REAL physical fence that can be assembled by any homeowner or professional installer which we can provide. Our fence acts as a flexible net that inhibits dogs and other animals from climbing. The bottom material is flared in towards you and secured with uniquely shaped ground stakes to create a dig guard. You don’t have to dig any holes, mix cement, or make any changes to your landscapeRecent Review:Pet Playgrounds installed a 6 foot fence in our backyard to create a safe play area for our dogs. The work was done quickly, the price was reasonable, and the fence has held up well to all kinds of weather. It is by far the best fence we have ever had, and I feel better knowing that when the dogs go outside, they are safe and secureERIC M.
- Business Description:Handyman work, General Contracting services, with over 25 years experience. Fully insured. Our motto "No job too big, no job too small" We are a small husband and wife owned business, therefore able to offer competitive pricing while keeping the quality of work high. We have a dedicated well trained crew
- Business Description:Welcome to Adirondack Customs LLC, a full service building, remodeling and insurance restoration firm located in Chestertown NY. You also can check us out at www.adriondackcustoms.com for samples of what we can offer you. Please feel free to ask questions, look around and request a free estimate. We are here to serve you and make your project distinctive, long lasting and give you a quality resultRecent Review:Kevin Stonitsch met with us once at our property, sent us some CAD images of his planned work and made many broken promises about when he would start our project. After 4 months of no work or materials on our site, we asked him for our $7,000 deposit back. When he didn't return our money, we filed a larceny report with Officer Mell of the Glenville, NY police department. When officer Mell reached Mr Stonitsch he told Officer Mell that he might file for bankruptcy and the most he could pay us was $5,000. Upon Officer Mell's advice, we accepted the $5,000Margaret H.
- Business Description:Quality oriented business. Offering professional and reliable services.
- Business Description:Free estimates fully insured and licensed "no job too big or small" 24 hour service references availableRecent Review:He gave me a price, upped it and used a metal roofing instead of plywood and shingles. He cheated in every place that he could. He didn’t replace the rotten wood either. He didn’t start til 10 or 11 in the morning, so he was gone by the time I got home. It was just bad work. The roof has a big bow in it and he also didn’t go the height that I wanted to. The cuts were also bad, I could have done better and I don’t think he knows how to put nails or screws in. Also, instead of putting new 2x6’s for the roof beams, he just flipped them over and put the knots on the top. He also didn't want to bring his regular help, so he brought his girlfriend. Just lousy workThomas D.
- Business Description:We opened in 1996 as a part time business specializing in dog containment. We started out installing underground fence, chain link fence and kennels. Since we were marketing exclusively to dog owners, the name L.L. Dog seemed to make a lot of sense.Recent Review:It went well. I went with a cedar wood driveway gate (that I did not want to look like a driveway gate) and cedar wood enclosure and a small additional 6 foot chain-link gate in between the house and another structure. I first had the driveway gate completed, and several weeks later as I wanted the enclosure was completed as was in the contract. They were very easy to work with and were friendly, and the owner of Oneonta Fence was helpful in suggesting the type of fence and layout. It was easily possible during the installation process to make slight changes in the angle for a better surround styleHeddi C.
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you..Recent Review:Showed up and did not fix or repair any work that was needed. Just covered up with tiles. left in the middle of the job and never returned. Never returned emails or phone calls.mando c.
- Business Description:We will build your dream home from the foundation to the roof.We specialize in custom masonry, USA Metal Roofing, log siding,and even log homes that are built in Europe and shipped to the US. Roofing Contractor, Deck Builde
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fencing contractor articles
A dog fence is essential to keeping your pup safe. Luckily there are many options, from tall privacy fencing to wireless underground electric fences. This guide will help you calculate the average cost to install a dog fence.
Wrought iron is classic, stylish, and regal. The total cost of installing a new wrought iron fence can vary significantly based on the size, design, and materials. This article will provide you with an estimate to help you get started.
Find fence companies in
- Lake Placid
- Tupper Lake
- Au Sable Forks
- Long Lake
- North Bangor
- Schroon Lake
- Port Henry
fence companies in Saranac Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- ADIRONDACK CUSTOMS LLC25 Ferris Rd
Chestertown, New York
- ADIRONDACK CUSTOMS LLC
- Gordon C Trip19019 Co Route 47
Carthage, New York
- Gordon C Trip
- I&B construction and handy man services152 Mudgett Dr
Hyde Park, Vermont
- I&B construction and handy man services
- KiJo Property Management1229 Patterson Hill Rd
Salem, New York
- KiJo Property Management
- North Country LandscapesPO Box 1791
Plattsburgh, New York
- North Country Landscapes
- Oneonta Fence2 Washburn St
Oneonta, New York
- Oneonta Fence
- Pet Playgrounds - West Haven48 Myrtle Ave
West Haven, Connecticut
- Pet Playgrounds - West Haven
- White-j contracting and services11089 maple ridge rd.
Medina, New York
- White-j contracting and services