When calculating the cost to waterproof your basement, you need to factor in much more than just a can of waterproof paint. We’ve rounded up the top types of waterproofing projects and how much they cost so you can figure out your budget.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Hornell, NY
There are 3 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Hornell
- B-Sure Systems IncB-Sure inspected and said the foundation is solid and is not moving anywhere. It is just the outer layer that needs to be redone.
- Herington PaintingThese guys are pros. Hard working, responsive, detail oriented. If anyone has a bad experience with this team, it’s a fluke. I highly recommend and will use again.
- Explicit ExteriorsJason and his crew are the best! Their work speaks for itself! Before my project was even done my neighbors were coming over to drool! When you pay for services you want people that you can trust to get the job done and do it well! I definitely found that with Explicit Exteriors! Their work is not only gorgeous but neat as well. I had work done by TH Modeling that was sloppy, they came once a week, and that really scared me about going into construction again on my house. I’m so glad I found Explicit Exteriors! I’ve already booked them for a back deck and kitchen remodeling. If you are looking to do any type of construction on your property look no further, Explicit Exteriors will have your house looking the best on the block read less
- Northern Enterprises General Contracting, LLCJust wanted to express my gratitude to George Ludwig and all his hard working folks at Northern Enterprises! My aunt was away from her home in Granville NY because she was helping care for my parents who both had medical issues in Virginia. Well the furnace went out, and the pipes burst and this resulted in water damage. I was helping her out with the insurance claim because she was busy with my folks. I was so lucky to find Northern Enterprises online. Not only was George Ludwig very responsive, he really helped handle the insurance claim too. We could not come back to NY to deal with any of this in person and it was just as Covid-19 was starting to be a concern in the states. George kept in touch with me by em-mail and text. He sent us any documents that we needed to sign, he sent photos of the work as things were progressing. He even waited to receive the final payment for the work he did until after we got the final payment from the insurance company. Not only did he do the work we asked, he did it with excellence! He went over and above anything that we expected. The house has been restored beautifully. And we never felt like we were at a disadvantage. There were no hidden expenses or unexpected expenses either. George made sure everything went well. He is a man of integrity who you can really trust. This whole thing started in January 2020- and George had it all squared away by early March. THANK YOU GEORGE read less
- Basement Systems Of New YorkCompany walked the property, reviewed / discussed the issues and provided a book thoroughly describing basement problems and how they should be addressed. Lots of valuable info in the book which was very helpful on its own. However, the focus of their work seems to be on providing drainage solutions within the foundation walls and they appear to be experts in this regard. Our preference would be to keep the water outside the foundation walls and feel that a provider specializing in this would better suit our needs read less
- Locktight Waterproofing CorpWe were having moisture problems and contacted them to remedy the problem. We scheduled the work to be done a few months out as they were booked. There was a death in the family the week before they started and we were out of our house most of the time that they were working. They were very professional and courteous and sensitive to the circumstances. The work they did was excellent. We have not had moisture problems in the basement since read less
- Explicit ExteriorsJason and his crew were among the most professional that I have ever experienced working with. Jason was knowledgable, caring, friendly and extremely easy to talk to. He had no problem answering even the silliest of questions that I had. His crew leader Rick was of amazing talent. And also just so pleasant to work with. Jason and his crew worked in my home for about 4 months. And I gotta say now that they are done My wife and i miss the company. lol excellent job Explicit Exteriors. Thanks agai read less
- Basement Flood Protector IncThey responded and called me promptly the next day, listened to my explanation of need and gave me an estimate for a system that would meet my needs. As my need was not major and only for backup protection and peace of mind, they suggested one of their smaller systems, but would make a recommendation after a visit. The service person came in 3 days at the appointed time, assessed my system and installed the one that was recommended to me over the phone. I was not able to be at home during the installation, so he showed my wife what he was doing and explained the his assessment and the installed system. He was very courteous and professional. On my inspection, the system looks professional and just what I was looking for. Between my wife's explanations and reading the system manual, I feel confident that I can care for the system and that it will well meet our needs read less
- B-Dry Systems of Southern New York, Inc.Dealing with B-Dry was great. From the consultation, to the office answering my questions, to the punctual professional team working in my basement. They kept me informed about the work being done, performed the work quickly, and cleaned up after the job. While on the pricier side of a home improvement, I have not had any issues with water in the basement for the past few months, and to far the system is holding up very well to the Spring thaw and April rain read less
- Js masonry construction llcSteve Walt is hard-working and professional. I was so please with his work at my industrial sites that I used him at home to help me solve a long-standing problem with water entering my basement.
Basement Waterproofers in Hornell
- Business Description:Additional ph # (610)328-4446. Additional email: email@example.com. Mailing Address:Po Box 530 Ephrata PA 17522Recent Review:My initial contact with Leelands was 10 years ago. I really admired the work they had done on my neighbors house. I just couldn't afford slate repair or replacement at the time. The employees were always courteous and patient. Fast forward to May 2018, I had exhausted all the patching my roof could take. I contacted Leelands, Donna promptly scheduled Luke to come out for an estimate. Luke was on time and provided honest feedback. I recieved a Photo Report, Field Condition Report and Proposals a few weeks later. It took me a few more months to decide how to proceed. In October, Leelands sent Gabriel and Miguel to make the repairs. They were prompt, courteous and worked diligently to finish the job. After a rainy 2018, my roof is still leak free read lessTANYA L.
- Business Description:Never Wet Basement Waterproofing is trustworthy, efficient, and cost-effective. Our customers will vouch that we can fix basement leakage problems both big and small, from a moldy crawl space to full-out basement flooding. We take customer satisfaction very seriously, so we provide free inspections, competitive pricing, lifetime warranties, and a guarantee of excellent customer service. Put simply, we will get your basement dry and keep it that way, and do so with smiles on our faces read lessRecent Review:Excellent! Hardworking experienced crew. The crew explained what was to be done each day, and showed me the progress of each task, and this was a major project. The men were very polite and respectful -- total professionals read lessLynn S.
- Business Description:Established in 1994, Max Parangi Architects P.C. provides complete Architecture, Interior Design, Planning & Landscape Architecture services. When Max Parangi Architects first opened its doors in New York as a "boutique" architectural firm, the goal was to develop and maintain the highest design standards as reflected by the Company’s motto: "Architecture of Distinction.” After two decades of expansion and the establishment of a second office in New Jersey, the firm’s vision and philosophy of.. read lessRecent Review:Max is a terrific architect. Like many people during this quarantine, I’m thinking about building a deck for my yard. I’ve interviewed many architects and Max was by far the most responsive, thorough and patient architect. During the interviewing process, Max was the only architect who took the time to understand my project and provided advice. He also looked up my town’s code and informed me of my options. When looking for a surveyor, he took the time to speak w/ them and explain the request. I would highly recommend Max read lessGerald T.
- Business Description:Highlander Waterproofing of Western New York specializes in basement waterproofing and foundation repair. Contact us today for a free inspection at (877) 415-0564.Recent Review:I put a lot of time into my decision of who would waterproof my crawlspace. I had multiple companies come and give estimates. At the end highlander had their best price and a guarantee. Going in I felt confident in my decision. But once the work was done all of the good feelings were gone. From constant miscommunications between sales, workers and bosses. The original work didn’t even fit the original plan. The backyard being more dry as a “result of the pump” never came to fruition. After round 1 of the work all they managed to do was flood the front of my home and make a waterfall in my crawlspace. Round two they fixed the discharge, but when I was told in the estimate that the high end of my home wouldn’t accumulate water because the pump in the low point would collect it and discharge it first. Asked salesman what if it doesn’t he eased my mind by saying “that’s what the warrant is for we would cover it” fast forward to second rainfall after work was corrected and boom standing water everywhere in high end of crawlspace. Then told by the boss they won’t touch it without charging more since not covered by warranty and given salesman stated they don’t charge extra no matter what they find. Turns out the 8600 dollar investment I made was a complete waste and now I’m left with a crawlspace that still floods and if I want it repaired by them it’s another 6000 dollars. But why would I trust a place I’ve already had comeback twice. I wish I could rewind a month and pick one of the other companies, I won’t name any so no one thinks this review is an ad for someone else. My advice is stay away from highlander and don’t trust what they say unless it’s in writing. Now I almost feel trapped as if they have to finish the work but I have little confidence they wouldn’t be out again after the next rain. Only positives are they respond timely and are polite while describing how you were basically deceived. Worst investment I’ve ever made read lessRobert W.
- Business Description:Since 1997, American Dry Basement Systems is waterproofing basements, encapsulating crawl spaces, installing sump pumps and battery backup systems and repairing foundation cracks in basements throughout Connecticut & Southeastern New York. Our mission is a simple one. We ensure that every customer that installs our basement waterproofing system will be water-free for life. Our system is backed by the best lifetime warranty in the industry. Our warranty is also transferable. You can trust us t.. read lessRecent Review:I consider it as my civic responsibility to warn public about this company. We had drainage system and sump pump installed by this company in March of 2020 and I paid close to $7,000 for it. Within a month of installation we has a day of rain and there was water in the basement. The water did not drain into the sump pump, instead came up through the floor and sump pump never kicked in. Clearly there is flaw in the design and installation of the system. The "technician" they sent failed to identify the problem or fix it. Clearly they are not standing by their system. I contacted Peter O'shea, owner of the company via e mail and to this date I have not received a response. Now I am left with an unusable basement after spending 7000 dollars. I have contacted BBB and waiting on their response. The sales person was knowledgeable and professional. I can't say the same about the workers that installed the system. I urge you to think twice before spending your hard earned money on their system. If you hire American dry to waterproof your basement you will not have a dry basement . It is just a matter of time before you see water read lessSajini J.
- Business Description:We are general contractors and handle mid size to large size jobs.Recent Review:Overall Charlie and his folks did a great job which we were very happy with. The painters were super fast and very very professional, clean and helpful. Actually all of the people Charlie used were extremely polite, clean and professional. I still use the plumber he used for the new bathroom. My only minor dissatisfaction was with the electrician. I had to replace one of the outlets he installed in the basement and I think he could have given me more advice with placement of lights, outlets and flood light. However to be fair the electrician did the work they were asked to do and most of it was satisfactory. There were some delays in finishing the basement but that is to be expected and I was always kept informed and they worked very accommodatingly around my convenience. Charlie was always available for questions and very flexible and understanding with changes and additions. Also I found Charlie to be very reasonable in terms of cost. He was also exceedingly helpful during the planning phase, giving advice that I felt to be in my best interest even when it meant less work for him read lessRoberto R.
- Business Description:I am a contracting professional with a 15 yr record of success overseeing all phases of painting and wood restoration projects. We have successfully serviced over 10,000 clients across Western New York. We offer high quality work at affordable prices. Our main focus is residential projects, and small to medium size commercial projects. Customer service is my number one priorit read lessRecent Review:Came to work on time, did a quality job, answered my questions and concerns completely. For this job, painting aluminum siding, Shades of Gray had the most detailed and best explanation of how the job would be done. By comparison other painting companies seemed to leave out a critical step or do the work in a way that made me question the quality of the end result. Shades of Gray inspired the most confidence that the job would be done right read lessEdward H.
- Business Description:Handyman work, General Contracting services, with over 25 years experience. Fully insured. Our motto "No job too big, no job too small" We are a small husband and wife owned business, therefore able to offer competitive pricing while keeping the quality of work high. We have a dedicated well trained crew read less
- Business Description:I charge a flat rate for all jobs. I will work with most situations.
- Business Description:General ContractorRecent Review:After I first spoke to him, he looked at it the next day, called me with a quote early morning and had it done the same day. No drama. Tenant told me it looks good. I would like to set the record straight about the contractor's phone number which he told me is listed in error and indeed it is. His correct phone number is: (607) 478-8376. On your site it is listed as area code (617). Pls correct this so that others will be able to contact this quality professional. <br / read lessAbraham F.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Sometimes, simple preventative steps, such as routine gutter cleaning, can be enough to keep water out of your basement. But, depending on the problem, you may have to consider a combination of basement waterproofing solutions.
How fast can water damage ruin a home? Within the first 24 hours of a leak or flood, electronic damage, mold development, and even structural issues can occur. Can you repair water damage yourself or should you hire a pro? Learn more.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Alfred Station
waterproofing contractors in Hornell
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer
- Integrity Creative Contracting LLC34 lake Street
Hammondsport, New York
- Integrity Creative Contracting LLC
- Leelands Slate Roof Repair101 N. Carroll Street
- Leelands Slate Roof Repair
- Neverwet Basement Waterproofing1227 Ridgeway Ave Suite L
Rochester, New York
- Neverwet Basement Waterproofing
- RAC Engineering PC658 Oliver Street
NORTH TONAWANDA, New York
- RAC Engineering PC