Leelands Slate Roof Repair

Founded 1970 • With Angi since August 2008

101 N. Carroll Street

Reading, PA 19611

Additional ph # (610)328-4446. Additional email: info@leelands.com. Mailing Address:Po Box 530 Ephrata PA 17522

01/04/2019

TANYA L.

My initial contact with Leelands was 10 years ago. I really admired the work they had done on my neighbors house. I just couldn't afford slate repair or replacement at the time. The employees were always courteous and patient. Fast forward to May 2018, I had exhausted all the patching my roof could take. I contacted Leelands, Donna promptly scheduled Luke to come out for an estimate. Luke was on time and provided honest feedback. I recieved a Photo Report, Field Condition Report and Proposals a few weeks later. It took me a few more months to decide how to proceed. In October, Leelands sent Gabriel and Miguel to make the repairs. They were prompt, courteous and worked diligently to finish the job. After a rainy 2018, my roof is still leak free.

Description of Work
slate roof repair

09/27/2018

Heidi W.

After seeking bids for slate roof repairs for our church roof from 4 vendors, I selected Leelands. From the initial contact through the completion of work, they were professional and thorough. Their office manager is courteous and attentive. During the bid/assessment process, they identified the items requiring immediate attention and those that might require attention in the future. They provided a thorough report which included explanations, photos, and pricing for each part, thus allowing the church board to budget accordingly. The work was scheduled and completed promptly. The workers were efficient and the work site was clean when they left. I highly recommend Leelands!

Description of Work
historic church slate roofing and flashing repairs

09/12/2015

Jeff R.

My home has a 100+ year old slate roof in disrepair and several generations of cheap fixes. I contacted Leeland's for an opinion on repairs. The inspector was extremely thorough, provided pictures, and gave me his candid opinion on the remaining life of my roof based on the condition of my slates and flashings. He ultimately wrote up an estimate to paint the rusted metal valleys, replace several dozen broken slates, repair rotted wood, and install new copper chimney flashing and a cricket. It was a difficult decision to repair vs replace the roof, but I never felt any pressure from them one way or another. I agreed to the repairs originally, but ultimately changed my mind and just decided to replace the roof. I'm sure this was a hassle to go back and forth with me, but they were very patient, and ultimately returned my deposit. I really appreciate their honesty and customer service, and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for maintenance on their slate roof.

Description of Work
Inspection, widespread slate/flashing repair

06/25/2015

David C.

Description of Work
Repaired broken roof slates

05/21/2014

Phil R.

I have used Leelands over the past 10 years to perform annual maintenance on our slate roof home. In all that time I have found them to be a honest and professional company to work with. We had a leak at the top of the roof that was dripping into the attic on heavy rains. I could see that a slate had fallen out. I called Leeland's and spoke with Donna and as usual they were very responsive to my concerns about the leak. They came out within a week of my initial contact and found the spot where the slate had fallen out. They also proceeded to repair and replace other slates on the roof as part of the maintenance. The two guys that were there did a great job and were very professional and clean. All in all they replaced about 10 slates, cleaned the gutters and checked all other areas of the roof for any problems. I like this company and will continue to use them for annual maintenance and repairs since we would like to maintain this 87 year old slate roof for as long as possible. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Reasonably priced and great to work with.

Description of Work
Repair of slate roof

03/31/2014

Nicolas T.

We have used Leelands before to perform annual maintenance on our 125-year old slate roof in Chestnut Hill, and they have been fantastic: honest, pleasant, professional, reasonably-priced, and very detail-oriented. On this occasion, Leelands came out to fix damage to our slate roof caused by a fallen branch. The broken slates were allowing melting snow and rain to leak into our second floor guest room, so my wife and I were very concerned. Leelands was very responsive and on the first day that the snow was off the roof, Luke from Leelands was out to repair the damage. He was really fantastic. Even though it was very hard to access this section of roof, he was very careful about not damaging our bushes. Luke did a very thorough assessment and not only repaired the damage, but found a not-so-obvious place were broken slates were allowing water to penetrate the roof. We really like this company and will continue to use them for annual maintenance and repairs since we would like to maintain this lovely old slate roof for as long as possible. These guys are the real deal if you have a slate roof.

Description of Work
Leelands fixed a total of 24 broken slates and did a very thorough inspection.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We truly appreciate all the feedback that you have for us. We are so glad that we have had the opportunity to work with you, and we look forward to working with you again in the future! Thank you for being such a kind and loyal client of ours...we appreciate your thoughts and feedback...as well as...your business more than you even know!

08/07/2013

Brian P.

Leelands Slate Roof Repair was fine. They are a bit pricey. It's been several years.

Description of Work
Leelands Slate Roof Repair did roofing for me.

11/05/2012

Eric C.

Working with Leeland's was a great experience. I had a significant leak in my slate roof and the service appointment was scheduled very quickly. It was explained to me that the way they perform the repair and maintenance jobs was to have me pre-authorize $800 worth of work (time and materials) and if it went over that they would write up a separate estimate. If it was less they would only charge me for the actual work performed. The roofer showed up on time and was very professional. He was onsite for maybe 4 to 5 hours. The leak was fixed that day and 15 other slates that were missing or damaged were also repaired. He took photos of everything that was done - before and after and they were emailed to me in a PDF file later that week. Also included in the email was three estimates for other areas on the roof that need attention. I am planning on having them out to perform general maintenance on the roof every year. Total cost of all repairs was $400.

Description of Work
Repaired major leak in slate roof and replaced 15 other missing or damaged slates in various locations on the roof. Performed an overall inspection and provided estimates for three other repair jobs on the roof and chimney.

08/14/2012

John T.

They have been very responsive, fair in their pricing, and have quality work. They clean up and they follow up to make sure everything was okay.

Description of Work
They did roof repair work for me.

03/16/2012

stephen B.

So far, it looks like the job is okay. I would recommend them. I have no comparison point for the price. The job was delayed because of weather.

Description of Work
They roofed the house and replaced the gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

08/25/2011

Nicolas T.

They were really good. My experience with them was excellent. They came out and did a thorough assessment. They found all the slates that needed to be repaired. They honestly knew what they were doing. They are extremely positive. They were really good at educating me about what I would need in the future. They did not try and sell me a new roof right away. They just basically educated me about what I would need to do in order to continue maintaining this one hundred and twenty year old roof that we have and basically when I could expect to replace the roof. They are a great company. I will absolutely use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Leelands Inc for my roofing. I last used their services in June.

08/13/2008

KATHERINE A.

Leelands responded quickly to our original call made about receiving an estimate for repairs to a slate roof. The company sent out an inspector who then said he would fax an estimate that day. It's been several weeks and no estimate has been received. We've tried calling and requesting the estimate verbally but not response.

Description of Work
Inspect roof for a potential estimate.

Hello! My name is Ashley and I am the newest member of Leeland's Slate Roofing. I have come on staff as the marketing director about 3 months ago....I wanted to take a second and apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. I do realize that this was quite some time ago, however, we were unsure if anyone ever responded to this review...and if they did not then that is not acceptable! We would you like you to know that the estimator that came out to inspect your property is no longer with this company due to his lack of response to our clients. We understand that when you are having issues with your slate roof things need to be looked and and worked quickly so that there is no damage to the inside of your home, and so that no more damage takes place on the roof. We want you to know that we take pride in our work, and we are truly sorry that your experience with our company was less then a great one. We would love to have the opportunity to work with you again, and to show you that we have improved in many areas, and we are striving to give the very best service that we possibly can. We also wanted to let you know that we have recently just starting working with Angie's List more then every before. So if you did not receive any type of response to this review it is more then likely because our company was not very familiar with this site and that we could respond to our reviews! Again, we apologize for your negative experience and we would love to show you our improvements if you would ever have a need for slate roof work in the future. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this! Ashley

Quality Foxx

Oversees all aspects of a construction project from start to finish. Our main duties include hiring and training Subcontractors, applying for the necessary licenses and building permits and providing hands-on supervision and guidance to workers on the site. Our services are not limited to a specific field.

Offers by Quality Foxx on Angi
    Dry Tech Waterproofing Solutions

We are a locally owned and operated basement waterproofing company with over 25 years experience. With over 10 years of servicing the tri-state area, we have many satisfied customers. In addition to our quality workmanship, our warranty is among the best in the industry! Call now for your FREE, no obligation, in home estimate.

Award 2022
    Keystone Gutter Helmet

We are a small Reading based company specializing in seamless gutters in 18 colors . 1/2 round gutters , as well as soffit and fascia. We offer gutter and downspout cleaning services. Our gutter protection products include Gutter Helmet , which carries a lifetime, transferable warranty. We also offer an aluminum screen when Gutter Helmet is not needed. Licensed and fully insured . Estimates are free.

Slate Roof Repair. Steeple Restoration