When installing a garage door opener, you need to consider the type, horsepower, any accessories you want, and whether you should DIY it or hire a pro. This guide will help you determine the true cost of installing garage door openers.
Get matched with top garage door companies in Hornell, NY
There are 2 highly-rated local garage door companies.
Recent Garage Doors Reviews in Hornell
- KsK Garage DoorsKevin repaired the door in a short period of time. He spotted the problem immediately and made the adjustment that was needed. He was very polite and professional.
- Fred C Johnson CoI called late on a Friday afternoon, and they had an appointment set for me for the following Monday (they are closed on Saturday and Sundays). They gave me a window of four hours, and I received a call from the office about two hours into the window letting me know the repairmen were on their way. The repairmen were prompt, very polite, and helpful. They quickly took care of the door and also called in to get some quotes I had requested for a potential new door. I was very pleased with their service. I felt the service call and repair work fees were very reasonable, as were the quotes for the new doors read less
- AUTOMATIC GARAGE DOOR REPAIR SERVICEDid not have the correct spring on first call, but rigged the door to work well without it. Returned in a day with the correct spring and put it in even though we were not home.
- DARMSTADT OVERHEAD DOORSThis company has clearly worked with these types of old wood doors and hardware before. They came, had all materials on their truck made sure the springs and pulleys were all working and properly tensioned, rollers secure and seated properly and finally changed out some worn parts inside the opener to get it all functioning again. My neighbor was so impressed with their work that he hired them on the spot to replace his garage opener. Turns out they had a new opener/motor in the truck ready to install read less
- Joe's Overhead DoorsAfter contacting a different overhead door company and having no results I stumbled across Joe's Overhead Door. The young man had recently purchased the business. We made an appointment. He showed up on time with a can do attitude; listed what he could do and gave me a price. Within three weeks he returned and did everything quickly and efficiently. The only hitch in the job was the remote opener had to be backordered. However, when this delay ocurred he notified me right away and gave me a day when he would be there... which was the day he came. Based on my experience with him I'd say to you - use Joe's Overhead Doors read less
- MADSEN OVERHEAD DOORSI had to have a new garage door installed. They gave me an attractive price, so I hired them. They matched my price to another company, even without me asking. I'm very happy with the garage door. They did an excellent job.
- Joe's Overhead DoorsExcellent, professional, and affordable service. The vendor understood my urgency on getting the garage door fixed ASAP. He even came on Sunday to replace the old opener with a new one. He replaced everything: the opener, 2 remote controls, the wireless keypad, the motion sensors, the belt drive, etc. We had a great service experience read less
- Art's Overhead DoorsThey removed the existing opener and installed the new opener and replaced missing cables. They called to schedule the job, arrived on schedule and called upon completion. Everything went as promised. The area was left neat and clean. The only detail is they did not install lights in the opener which we can easily do ourselves but it would have been a nice touch read less
- Overhead Door Company of WatertownWe are waiting for a new door to come in now. They are going to come and put in on. They haven't taken the old garage door yet because we are waiting for the new door to come in. We've always been satisfied with what they've used. They are responsible and I've been totally satisfied.
- CURTIS LUMBER COI did put in garage doors and I purchased the doors at Curtis Lumber Company and that was 5 or 6 years ago. They have been in our area for a long time. I think they are a chain but I think that they are still a family owned company. They typically are known for quality. It is a quality product and it is not like you are going to get a cheaper model. You get what you pay for. I absolutely will use this provider again in the future read less
Garage Door Companies in Hornell
- Business Description:Established in 1994, Max Parangi Architects P.C. provides complete Architecture, Interior Design, Planning & Landscape Architecture services. When Max Parangi Architects first opened its doors in New York as a "boutique" architectural firm, the goal was to develop and maintain the highest design standards as reflected by the Company’s motto: "Architecture of Distinction.” After two decades of expansion and the establishment of a second office in New Jersey, the firm’s vision and philosophy of.. read lessRecent Review:Max is a terrific architect. Like many people during this quarantine, I’m thinking about building a deck for my yard. I’ve interviewed many architects and Max was by far the most responsive, thorough and patient architect. During the interviewing process, Max was the only architect who took the time to understand my project and provided advice. He also looked up my town’s code and informed me of my options. When looking for a surveyor, he took the time to speak w/ them and explain the request. I would highly recommend Max read lessGerald T.
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford.. read lessRecent Review:Norb quoted $500.00 to install a new kitchen sink. Then he has an “employee” call saying cost has gone up to $650.00 Would not recommend this company to anyone for anythingMario R.
- Business Description:We are a full service construction company that operates year - round. There is no job too small or too large for our team of quality craftsmen. We give free estimates and do all project work by contract. All service and maintenance work is invoiced, so you'll always have an explanation of the work that was performed. Warrantees vary from 1 year labor to 40 year manufacturer, depending upon the work being done and you can rest assured that the job will be done on time, on budget in most cases.. read lessRecent Review:When my husband and I purchased a retirement home in New York, we had no idea how to go about finding the right person to do our remodel, especially since we lived in another state. Luckily, my husband found Larry Becker of Maple City Contracting on Angie's list after a bad encounter with a shyster for lack of a better word. Mr. Becker is a highly honest, knowledgeable, and excellent contractor. Not only that, but he actually communicates with his clients. Communication for us was key; we knew the work was going to be extensive and that we couldn't do it all at once, but Mr. Becker worked us into his busy schedule and responded to every one of our emails, and believe me, we sent a lot. For all these reasons and more, we found Larry's professionalism to be off the charts. He is someone you can definitely trust. Furthermore, he and his crew do outstanding work. The craftsmanship is laudable and meticulous. Being a lover of HGTV, I had many ideas and wanted things done right. After all, we were paying for a contractor's expertise, so that's what we expected, and with Maple City Contracting, that's exactly what we got. I could go on and on about how awesome are experience was and still is with our contractor as we approach the final stages of our remodel, but I'd rather just end by saying that everyone who has seen the interior of our house, admires the carpentry and wants the name of our contractor. Mr. Becker and his team's work speak for itself. I'd give him three thumbs up, but I only have two read lessmarty r.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - GDSCO. Garage Door Supply Company is an authorized Chamberlain LiftMaster dealer. We carry a complete line of LiftMaster Parts, Accessories and LiftMaster remote control transmitters and receivers. LiftMaster is a registered trade mark of the Chamberlain Manufacturing Group. LiftMaster and Chamberlain parts, accessories and remotes are interchangeable with Sears Craftsman parts, accessories and remotes. read lessRecent Review:Great. I'm in IA, he's in UT. Not conducive to doing business.Michael F.
- Business Description:fully insured, 14 skilled carpenters and roofers, licensed autocad draftingRecent Review:Excellent job on replacing roof on 100+ year old home. Conscientious and dependable. Follows through on projects and makes sure customer is happy. Would gladly use them again.Bennett H.
- Business Description:We are an independently owned contracting company that is dedicated to provide quality workmanship at a fair price.
- Business Description:Professional Handyman Services - Owner operated with 1 employee, "Jack of all Trades, Master of none" Convenient billing options accepting Cash, Check, and Secure Credit/Debit card, returned check fee of $35 per incident. Minimal fee for project estimation, will be deducted from final bill if awarded project read less
- Business Description:Residential Construction
- Business Description:A locally owned and operated business, with the customers budget, quality, and satisfaction in mind. 24 hour emergency calls welcome.one time done right, your way.
- Business Description:General building renovations, remodeling and new construction. Have three employees & we do not use sub-contractors. All work is done by C & G Construction. We do not leave your job until work is fully completed and acceptable to you. All our workmanship is "fully "guaranteed". Once you use C & G you will always use C & G "guaranteed". We have been in business continuously for 39 years, and that is our best reference read lessRecent Review:Seemed professional and said he would call us the following Wed. but to call him if he had not called to remind. Called 5 times, left messages and never responded back. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!Linda C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage door company articles
A new garage is something many homeowners wish for, but the undertaking requires a fair amount of prep work. Learn what you need to plan for, such as ventilation, insulation, usage, and zoning laws. Use these tips when planning your new garage build.
Hiring a company to transport a vehicle can be a great option if you're moving to the other side of the country. Here's how much you can expect to pay.
Find garage door companies in
- Alfred Station
garage door companies in Hornell
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Barrier Window Systems Inc7356 Main St
Westmoreland, New York
- Barrier Window Systems Inc
- Deck-it Construction110 stark ave
Penn Yan, New York
- Deck-it Construction
- Fingerlakes construction10269 old route 31
Clyde, New York
- Fingerlakes construction
- Integrity Creative Contracting LLC34 lake Street
Hammondsport, New York
- Integrity Creative Contracting LLC
- Kuehne Cosntruction7 Orchard Lane
Penn Yan, New York
- Kuehne Cosntruction
- Norb Miller General Contractor129 Elm Rd
Dundee, New York
- Norb Miller General Contractor
- Pioneer Pole Buildings Inc716 S Rte 183
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
- Pioneer Pole Buildings Inc
- TJR Handymen2956 2nd ave
Wellsville, New York
- TJR Handymen