Sears Appliance Repair

Founded 1956 • With Angi since August 2016

3.6

Cary, NC 27511

Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only

09/26/2020

Richard Z.

the technician came out three times and refused to work on the mower. It was a different excuse each time. The last time he said parts were not available; He left, I went indoors and successfully ordered all the necessary parts from Sears!!!

Description of Work
repair a lawn mower

Category lawn mower repair

07/03/2019

Steven C.

We just got stood up after being home from 1-5 with no call or contact about this, the most recent of 6 different appointments for these two repairs and still non-functioning equipment. Avoid this scam group at all cost. I think a couple of the techs I met are probably okay but they are set up for abject failure by their company. Here's how it's gone. After using them successfully a few times over the years, when my wife and I decided that we couldn't find a new fridge to replace ours, we decided to replace the ice maker (for the third time) and while they were at it. fix the broken water dispenser paddle. While I was calling, figured I could get them to fix the Jenn Air cooktop burner who's dual function switch had gone bad. Turns out you need two different appts for that so I set them up (at least for the same day... but two different techs). While on the phone, they also finally talked me into their Appliance Home Warranty. Mistake. That's when the fun begins. Neither 1st appts fixed anything but they each supposedly diagnosed the problems and ordered parts. The parts will arrive and you call back in to reschedule the repair. Parts came fairly fast and called back. Had to schedule two different days but thankfully work for company's that allows us some flexibility. Cooktop tech came and after an hour or so, decided the wrong parts were ordered. Of course you get a different tech than the one who first came and did the diagnosis. So he leaves and we think some different parts will show up (???). But let's go to the fridge. Tech is scheduled to arrive between 1-5. I check online about 4 and it indicates, "sorry we missed you". But alas, tech shows up about 6, literally has trouble opening the cardboard box the parts came in, and then can't put humpty dumpty back together again as he struggles with a ribbon cable that he can't connect. Get's the icemaker and H2O dispense paddle in though but the panel on front is now dead so no dispensing. Okay, figure bad luck, the guy will order the new board and I'll call again to reschedule. I could seriously go on and on with more issues the least of which is their customer service (Philippine call center with a bad quality comm system - can barely understand and not only because of variable English skills). As I finish writing this (7:01 pm), I have been on hold for 41 minutes to ask why the latest (fridge) appt tech never showed for our 1-5 appt, why their online system said my tech had arrived and why their online system now says my appt has been rescheduled to Jul 9. ***?????

Description of Work
refrigerator ice maker, water dispenser paddle and cooktop burner switch

03/12/2018

David H.

Told me I needed a $12 sensor to make the refrigerator stop freezing everything. BUT then, the price kept changing. 1st quoted $450 for a 30 min repair. But if I signed up for a home warranty, then the repair would get at 50% discount. When my eyes blinked in disbelief, he said he might try another job code in the computer and then it was $350. Then he printed a receipt and the price was $275. But the $99 diagnostic fee (which seems pretty standard) was NOT applied to the total cost of the repair. I called Sears to ask about this. 20 minutes being shuffled between departments. Got someone who said the diagnostic fee should be applied to the total job cost, but the total job cost would be >$300. Bait and switch. Clearly dishonest pricing.

Description of Work
Refrigerator Repair

phillip M.

The technician was prompt and very respectful. He was aware of the issue and was able to remedy in a timely manner. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
The refrigerator's water lines were clogged and was causing the ice-maker to leak and spill water on the floor.

April K.

Very well. The technician was thorough, efficient and very knowledgeable concerning operation of the machines, answering all my questions to my complete satisfaction.

Description of Work
I had my 2006 washer and dryer serviced to maximize performance and to prevent/minimize breakdowns.

Chris T.

Tech was courteous and very professional. Came on time and fixed issues quickly and with a smile. Prices was very reasonable and would recommend Sears. Keith was excellent.

Description of Work
Fix issue with Dishwasher

01/17/2018

William P.

He fixed it in about an hour and it works fine now.

Description of Work
Dish washer not draining

12/18/2017

Tim D.

Extended warranty service. Had to have them back twice and still did not fix it. Event I had to hire someone else, who told me that Sears repair was on the wrong track.

Description of Work
Double oven temp control

12/11/2017

Alan and Rebecca W.

The service man came out, found out a screw was loose, and was gone in less than 10 minutes. The service call was $99 just to come out. He charged an additional $61 to tighten the screw. If I didn't have a coupon it would have been 20% more. The $99 should have covered the diagnostics as well as the 30 seconds to tighten the screw.

Description of Work
Needed dryer fixed. It worked but made a clicking noise.

11/20/2017

Tim U.

Great. Problem determined immediately. Repair accomplished and tested within 5 minutes.

Description of Work
Repair washer with overfill problem.

11/07/2017

Beverly W.

I did not have the parts installed because of the cost. I actually paid the technician $89.00 a piece plus tax ($188.00) just to come to the house and diagnose the problem. He determined that the washer needed a $34.00 part and the dryer needed a $94.00 part. With labor costs, the total for the washer repair would have been $303.00 and the dryer repair would have been $362.18 for a grand total of $665.18. During my initial call to them and during the technician's visit I was offered a service contract, which I declined. Had I accepted, I would have paid only $140.00 for the washer and dryer repair and $49.99 per month for one year ($599.88) for the service contract. The repair and the service contract would have cost me $739.88 by the end of the year. I should have contacted another repair service to see what their costs would have been, but since my washer and dryer were purchased in 1988, I decided to purchase a new set instead - but not from Sears.

Description of Work
The knob was broken on my washer and needed to be replaced. My dryer sometimes had a squeaking noise when I would turn it on. It needed a new part.

10/30/2017

Susan G.

Repair started January 2017 on our 2 yr old Kenmore Elite French door. Repairman came out, noted that there wasn’t Freon recharged and ordered parts. After 8 months of experimentation and more than 8 service calls, with incredible time lag between each, refrigerator now appears to be holding Freon. Time will tell if it’s truly fixed as previously after recharge the Freon held for only 3 months. Biggest problem is all appointments and customer service comes from the Phillipines, not America and they just didn’t seem to care that we went 8 months without a reliable frig. Their record keeping system stinks as they didn’t know how many times people were here nor how many appointments were made that no one showed up. Sears previously had a reputation for unconditional satisfaction. Now that it is outsources, I can guarantee your dissatisfaction. You would think that they would stand behind their product, and after such a long time to get an essential appliance repaired, that they would have offered some type of accomendation

Description of Work
Refrigerator not keeping cold

09/25/2017

Anne D.

They were responsive. They did a B job on professionalism and there were two of them. It was not that dirty, just smelt with urine so I thought they could have done something strong and when a person calls and says they need to get the carpet sanitizes and the odor out they do go a little further.

Description of Work
I used Sears Home Services to do carpet in my master and kitchen. They sanitized it to get rid on the odor.

Category carpet cleaners

09/18/2017

Mark K.

After 2 days I called and requested refund since Ice maker was still not working. The best they could do was scheduled another appointment in two weeks and charge me to fix the problem. They would not refund me, since the repairman "fixed" the ice maker. Explained he did not fix anything, as it was still not working. Spoke to manager who repeated the same script. Needless to say I fixed it myself and the part is only $49 not the $325 Sears charged. They will still not refund me for not fixing the ice maker.

Description of Work
Ice maker was not working. Sears contractor A&E said I needed a new ice maker, which they installed and charged $325. Repair contractor left after installing stating I will have ice in a few hours. After 3 hours and no ice I called Sears and was informed person who "repaired" would call me back. That person never called back.

09/14/2017

patrick M.

On price, they always have a special. I've used them for two or three years, so they were perfect. I go back to them because of the job they do and how professional they are.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning.

Category carpet cleaners

08/20/2017

Scott W.

Sears repaired my washer in March 2017. In August, the same problem cropped up again. I scheduled Sears to repair on August 14. The technician never showed. I understand that technicians can get behind if one of their jobs takes longer than expected, but Sears should have called to let me know. The next available repair date was August 28 -- two weeks later. Sears also refused to waive the diagnostic fee. My most likely next step is to get a local business to repair the washer, and cancel the appointment with Sears.

Description of Work
Repair washer

06/19/2017

Andy M.

Waited all day and they never showed up or called. Once I got someone they said they overbooked and would not make it that day.

Description of Work
Washing Machine repair. Ice Maker repair

06/19/2017

Julia C.

We used sears for flooring and it was a bad, bad experience. It was ongoing. A lot of phone calls I had to make. They messed up the bathroom. It caused a leak, and the leak was there for a long time until it started surfacing. Then we had to have the bathroom floor tore out all the way to the ground and had it rebuilt. They wouldn't pay for it, even though it was their fault. They claimed it wasn't their fault. And when they laid the flooring to begin with, there was structural issues. The guy went under the house and looked at everything and said the form was good to go. Well come to find out, no it wasn't. So that's when I contacted Sears, and I told them, "why would the guy go ahead and lay the flooring and say everything was good when it wasn't?" It was a big stink. It was a big issue. We had to get $30,000 worth of work done to level the floors and replace the seals around the house. I had a lot of issues with the people that did the work. It took about three years to get the service completely finished, and I am still having issues again. And now I've heard Sears is going out of business. I've got a number of the people who did the work. They work for Sears; it was a different company, but Sears hired them to do this work. They messed it up at the very beginning and didn't want to pull it up and redo it, and they tired to make do a patch job.

Description of Work
Flooring

Category flooring contractor

05/12/2017

Barbara W.

So far, their service has been great. So far, the unit is working well. I appreciate the work that was done and the service. I don't have anything negative. It was the best price. I did get some other prices, but I got theirs and he gave me what I really wanted and needed. They sent one person out and they were too high when they called. Then they said, “okay we will send another person out”, and they gave me a better deal. They were on time. When they said, they were coming out on those two days of work, they were there. They didn’t cancel anything.

Description of Work
We loss the heating, it went out. I had to have a new unit put in. They put a heating & cooling unit in. They’ve been out and did their 6-month checkup, I guess. The check was done in December and then they came in January. It was a lady and she did a good job. She crawled right up into that attic.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/28/2017

Marsha O.

Of course when he came to repair it, the washer decided to work. So no need for a repair, and no charge. But if the washer decided to really breakdown, I would call them back. He was friendly, professional, and punctual.

Description of Work
Our front load washer wasn't doing the final spin.

03/13/2017

MARY M.

Ice makers stopped working, which I realize is a common problem. Service tech arrived opened ice maker door, said here is your problem and replaced the part. In an out in 15 minutes. Tech did not do any further research to make sure the part installed worked, and that there were not any additional issues. Needless to say, this wasn't a fix. Called back, to set up tech to come back out. Technician arrives and couldn't get ice maker to cycle. Upon further inspection, he found the insulation within the fridge was breaking down. While I do not fault the technician for the manufacturer defect of the fridge. Had he done a through job initially, we would have found this larger issue at that time and found would not have forked out the money for the part. Since that time, I have been stuck in the never end service loop of finger pointing. It has been frustrating and I will not use them again.

Description of Work
Needed, ice maker repaired.

03/01/2017

Brian B.

Technician arrived on-time, was courteous, and professional.He listed to my problem and diagnosed the condition. He supplied me with a written estimate of the charges, and explained what the issue was. I denied having the repair done. I bought the part at the local appliance part store and installed it myself..

Description of Work
Sears offered a free appliance diagnostic for my Kenmore Elite gas range which was not heating in the top oven.

02/23/2017

Casandra L.

It was a nightmare. I have a home warranty, so my warranty company hired Sears. The first guy came during our scheduled 8-12 window, assessed the machine, and said that parts needed to be ordered. Ok, fine, that is understandable. My next appointment was yesterday with a window of 1-5. I got a call from the tech at 3pm saying he would be running a little past 5. Then again at 5 telling me it was actually going to be 6:30. I called as that got closer, and he told me after 7. THEN at 7 he calls me that he is on his way to the appointment before mine. He asked if I could reschedule. I said NO because I cannot take time off of work. When I call at 8:00, no answer and again at 9. I find out the NEXT DAY when I CALL to complain that he had rescheduled me to a week from now. My dishwasher reeks from standing water. I called Sears customer service. They tell me there is nothing they can do. They cannot do it any sooner, and they will not schedule me an appointment after five even though they obviously have guys running around after 7! I called my warranty company and I'm stuck because the parts are already at my house. Terrible customer service. Refuse to provide any remedy despite this being ENTIRELY their fault for overscheduling the tech. They don't care, because they have me trapped. Thankfully I only came out of pocket $75 because of my warranty company.

Description of Work
I needed my dishwasher fixed

01/25/2017

Terri M.

The quality of the work was excellent. It took three full days to complete 2 rooms and a hallway. When the salesperson came for the first visit, she did not leave samples for work to be done six weeks away. I called and asked for samples and never got them. I picked the colors for upstairs out in a downstairs room with different lighting. I am disappointed in the color but will live with it. I also asked that the cost be broken down room by room and they said they couldn't do it that way. I do not know the cost of the materials or the labor. Just a grand total.

Description of Work
New Flooring

Category appliance repair, carpet installation

01/23/2017

David H.

Awful. They didn't have a common belt for a clothes dryer on their truck or in a local warehouse. They had to ship it in from somewhere else. Getting them to come back out is a nightmare (still have not). They canceled my scheduled appointment for another day by sending me an email. The original technician was nice, but the customer service is horrible!!!!!!!! The repair fees are outrageous as a belt, roller, a simple tension roller including labor was over $336.00! I have a sick child who needs clean clothes and bed sheets. I have to take time from work. This is their error and not even a supervisor could help. This is hands down one of the worst service experiences I have had. They also don't work weekends.

Description of Work
I scheduled a dryer repair.

Dave Caldwell - Guaranteed Rate

LOCAL CHICAGO LENDER helping homeowner's PURCHASE AND REFINANCE for over 20 years. Senior Vice President of Mortgage Lending - Jumbo, Conventional, FHA, & VA Loans. I've been honored to be ranked in the top 1% of mortgage originators nationally by Mortgage Executive Magazine since 2011. My team and I are available to answer any questions and keep you informed starting with the loan application through closing. You can also visit my web page to apply online anytime. NMLS ID 224318 / Guaranteed Rate NMLS ID 2611 / NMLS Comsumer Access URL http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/

Streamline Services, Inc

***NOW OFFERING 0% INTEREST FOR 60 MONTHS ON NEW HVAC INSTALLS, LIMITED TIME ONLY, ON SELECT UNITS*** Streamline Services, Inc. has been serving the plumbing, electrical and HVAC needs of Raleigh and surrounding areas for over 18 years. We are a family-owned and operated business. We're committed to providing the highest quality service with our licensed and certified technicians, continuing training, and dedication to our community. Whether you have a plumbing, electrical or HVAC project, Streamline Services, Inc. is Raleigh's Top choice for professional plumbing, electrical and HVAC services. Office hours Monday - Friday 7:30 am -6:30 pm Emergency service available 7 days a week 24 hours a day!

Offers Coupon

Strong Quality HVAC Home Improvement

17 years in the business with specializing in Heat & Air, Refrigeration and Home Improvement. Serving in the area codes of 919, 252, 336, 910, 704

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
    $10

Appliance repair - cooktops, microwaves, dishwashers, double ovens, dryers, freezers, garbage disposals, gas grills, ice makers, ranges, range hoods, refrigerators, ovens, stacked laundry, trash compactors & washers.

AIR-DUCT CLEANING, STEAM CARPET CLEANING AND CAR UPHOLSTERY CLEANING.