Whether you're remodeling your kitchen or need your driveway resealed, hiring the right contractor for your home project is crucial. This guide shows you how to find a contractor who'll do the job right, on time, and on budget.
Get matched with top general contractors in Granby, MO
There are 1 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Granby
- Haven CraftsmanshipNathan was a great choice for the woodwork we wanted and kitchen upgrades. He built a floating L shaped bench for outback kitchen nook and a custom pull out rack in a new wall mounted cabinet to hide and store our kitchen pots & pans, replacing the exposed hanging rack for pots & pans. He also mounted a wall kitchen cabinet. Overall, his work was of great quality and he is very professional, personable and we recommend him highly
- Haven CraftsmanshipExcellent ! Nathan is a talented trim carpenter, very professional and detail oriented and clean and courteous. He also completed minor electrical (hanging lights, etc.) work and other general maintenance repair work as needed. We highly recommend him and Haven Craftsmanship for any quality carpentry and service work needed
- Harris Renovations, LLCHarris Renovations offered a better remodeling experience than we could have ever expected. We believe their professionalism and attention to detail were better than anybody else we could have hired. Casey and Wendy were always easy to contact and were quick to reply to any correspondence. We are beyond happy with the result of their hard work and will absolutely be hiring them again for more projects
- Harris Renovations, LLCI would like to give Harris Renovations a very positive recommendation based on the huge amount of work they did to my house. They replaced sticky, laminate flooring with engineered hardwood. They painted the entire interior, replaced light fixtures, and updated old outlets. Craig installed energy efficient windows. Casey built a custom bathroom vanity for me from an antique dresser I bought at a flea market. They really did a fantastic job. Since then, I have hired them to build a deck. And, they are currently building a craftsman-style cottage with a porch that I plan to use for storage
- Southeast Kansas OutfittersHe's pretty busy, so the hardest part was waiting for his schedule to clear. When he came he quickly assessed what was needed, but then asked me to explain exactly what I wanted and made sure we were on the same track all through the process. That is so rare in a carpenter, that I was more than pleased. He is very knowledgable about how projects could be finished, but he doesn't take over! All the gaps were even between the floor boards to allow rain to drip through, the cuts were at just the proper angle to blend into the overall look. The end pieces and scraps were kept picked up and after it was finished he even brought our deck furniture back. I'm just really pleased overall
- Harris Renovations, LLCVery well. the estimate was for 2-3 days of labor. They were done in 2 days. All the doors were installed. Even though it was revealed that the storm door was not in the orginal quote.
- A-1 Mr HandymanTom is extremely reliable, which is a plus in the construction business! If he says he will be somewhere at a certain time, he will be there. His work is good, he has a wide knowledge base, and is reasonable in his pricing. Recommend
- Harris Renovations, LLCExtremely well!!! Casey and his staff worked fast and professionally to complete the work. He even made the countertop for the kitchen cabinets and took great pride in the finished product. He did great and I was very impressed with the end results!
- Harris Custom HomesThey are still not finished, when we started on July 20, 2011 Travis said it would be a couple of weeks maybe 2 1/2 weeks. that was two months ago. My 84 year old mother is retiring and we wanted to put her office things in the garage but even though Tammy and Travis said it would be done on time it still is not. My mother has had two hip replacement and uses a walker and a lift chair. So not only me a Joplin Tornado victim but my mother they are abusing. They continue to substitute inferior products for the ones we agreed for at first, they do not show up when they say the will, they live plywood out in the rain uncovered, they took my money and have not delivered the finished product
- A-1 Mr HandymanMy wife said it best, "He was good at one thing...taking our money every week." I'll start with the fact that we were left with no way to bathe in either of our two bathrooms by the time A-1 Mr. Handyscam was finished. They destroyed their own tiling job in our master bath along with destroying the shower/tub combo and leaving us with a non-diverting tub spout, faucets that have to be turned on/off with a screwdriver and a bunch of half-removed black caulk that they thought would look nice with their botched tile work. The upstairs bathroom on the other hand, also a complete re-do left us with a shower that turned on, but drained out of a broken pipe through our kitchen ceiling onto the floor. General attention to detail and finishing capabilities just don't exist with these guys. Their idea of fixing the drain pipe that was not done to code (no trap) and damage they caused by over tightening the drain cap with washers in the wrong place? Spray some leak repair all over the pipes. That didn't work either. Finally paid another plumber over $500 to fix that, get it to code, and get the upstairs sink plumbed and running. Unfortunately we didn't want to pay extra to have the crappy tile job fixed. Nothing like seeing the bar code from tiles facing out on the wall and seeing clearly where nothing lines up to help anger me every morning I walk in. But that's only because I can't use my own bathroom that they destroyed and never repaired. Next is their inability to accurately estimate timing and costs on jobs. We gave an itemized list of changes to be quoted. That list definitely grew over time, but everything we were quoted on was about 3x more expensive and took 3x longer than originally quoted. That might be OK, except every piece of work we had done was either unfinished, poorly executed or both. There was some quality work done in some areas, but the quality disappears when the job isn't finished. The only quality work I can log was done by Tom himself, and unfortunately that work went unfinished. Today I was up a ladder tacking flashing back onto the upstairs window that was installed. They decided to remove more siding than needed to rough in the window and left it all exposed and never finished with the Tyvek that should've gone up until we could re-side. Some details on different jobs performed... Door installations: interior slab doors were not properly painted (and painted while on hinges). Maybe old rollers were used, because there are bits of roller painted onto the doors which are rough to touch, like the paint was watered down to save money - even though we bought the paint! Painted on hinges so hinges are covered and paint drips on floor where each door was painted. Front door: could've been a decent job, except off plumb and never finished staining the outside frame that was built. Back door: roughed out and left unfinished exposed plaster walls, got the door nice and stained up with dirty hands while installing, and lost the alarm sensor on the original door (thrown away) Painting: some decent work, but all done before major construction so now loads of damage to the paint and wear and tear from other work done after. Painted several hinges shut, and even a light switch. Careless. Master Bathroom: already talked about both bathroom botches. Glad to be writing this review with the ability to shower without going to our daughter's home or a hotel. Here's more details. $10/sq ft marble tiles destroyed after they turned on the tile heating pad they installed instead of letting it cure for 30 days like the installation manual instructed. Over-tightened light fixture at switch so it shorted out a couple weeks later. Put black caulk in for seams (artistic choice?) and then 1/2 stripped out when we asked for white, never finishing, and leaving the shower unsealed/not waterproof. Incorrectly plumbed the tub/shower (shower permanently on, faucets don't turn on without uncapping and using a screwdriver. Never worked but they called it finished. Now we have to demo the wall, replumb and retile from the ground up. Two new plumbers have said "I've never seen anything quite like this!" and they weren't paying a compliment. Upstairs Bathroom: Drain gaskets installed incorrectly and overtightened so leaking and had to replace broken gasket set. No trap plumbed in the drain pipe. Sink pipes were clogged from tiling buys washing grout down bathroom sink; had to be cleaned and re-installed. New sink was hung but never plumbed and connected to pipes. Tiled over outlets and cut tile wrong so can't install plates over GFI and lightswitch without re-cutting and finding an oversize plate. Some tiles on wall face outward so you see the purchase barcode. Left ceiling over shower unfinished. Wood floors: They were supposed to sand and refinish the floors. They didn't sand between coats of poly so now there's bubbling on the floors all over downstairs and they'll have to be redone again. In addition they didn't plug any holes in the floor, so I've got poly all over boxes and other items we were storing in the basement. They did manage to sand right into the co-ax cable coming out of the floor though. Bonus points for not paying attention. Upstairs kid bedroom: painted accent wall with chalkboard paint but managed to get it on the ceiling and opposing walls but never cleaned up. Installed beautiful casement window but tore out more siding than needed and left outside unfinished with galvanized flashing and original plywood exposed. Never came back to finish. Electrical work: replaced some outlets (OK), but replaced a GFI in the kitchen and drove a nail into it... caused shorting problems with back of house until an electrician came out to fix it. Wired and incorrectly installed a back stairwell 'night light' that never worked until electrician fixed. The sad thing about all this is when we met Tom we liked him and trusted him. Apparently that was our big mistake. The work HE actually did was well done, but never really completed to the point where we don't have to do something else to finish or fix it. The work his contractors did was just poorly executed. They just didn't care or don't have the skills to do things properly. As a result, almost everything they've done except install some floating click-lock flooring is having to be finished, cleaned up, or demolished and redone from the ground up. Catastrophic waste of money, and they just vanished and moved on to the next chump waiting to pay once the 1 month turned 4 month job money-pot ran out. My biggest gripe is we ended up in a hotel and spending an additional $4,000+ in room fees only to "finally" move in and have no working bathrooms and work still being done. Highly unrecommended
Last update on October 21, 2019
Contractors in Granby
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Always wanted to build your very own chicken coop? Learn how to build a simple, sturdy, and safe chicken coop DIY in this 12-step guide.
Elevate your DIY skills and discover tricks of the carpentry trade by learning how to build stairs while remodeling or adding a deck to your home.
Find general contractors in
- Pierce City,
- Webb City,
- Carl Junction,
general contractors in Granby
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A-1 Mr Handyman243 E High St
Granby, Missouri 64844
- A-1 Mr Handyman
- Bella Vista Contractors Inc20 Syston Ln
Bella Vista, Arkansas 72714
- Bella Vista Contractors Inc
- Chad's Handyman Service, llc26571 Highway A
Stella, Missouri 64867
- Chad's Handyman Service, llc
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
Slocomb, Alabama 36375
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Joplin Drywall, Painting, & Interiors1322 South Main Street
Joplin, Missouri 64801
- Joplin Drywall, Painting, & Interiors
- Labor Ready1651 W 7th St Ste 5
Joplin, Missouri 64801
- Labor Ready
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Zippro Construction2018 S Jackson Ave
Joplin, Missouri 64804
- Zippro Construction