Ben's Painting & Renovation

Founded 1984 • With Angi since June 2010

16082 Fishing Ave W

Rosemount, MN 55068

Ben's Painting & Renovation is a family owned and operated company with over 30 years experience. We take pride in our work and are dedicated to each and every client. Instead of trying to tackle a project yourself, let us step in and deliver the quality craftsmanship you've been looking for.

08/23/2021

Marilyn P.

Great, Ben used his extensive experience to suggest the best options for our project. Communications were good as to when he would and would not be working. Great attention to detail and responsiveness to any concerns. We are happy with the results.

Description of Work
Exterior and interior painting of a newly screened in porch

Category ceramic tile, house painters, interior painters

03/12/2019

Michele M.

Ben's enameling truly transformed our home, brightening it up and making it feel brand new again. We had too much oak throughout the house, so the enameling made a huge difference. Ben's a perfectionist, and put lots of time, hard work and detail into ensuring the every piece of wood was smooth and perfectly enameled (which I learned was far more than simple painting; it's the process, type of paint and number of coats). We were able to stay in our house the whole time, and the dust was minimal as he sealed off rooms as he was working. I'd highly recommend Ben's for any of enameling or painting job.

Description of Work
Enameling of kitchen and bath cabinets, baseboards, windows and doors on 2 floors

Category woodworking, interior painters, cabinet refacing

07/02/2018

Doug W.

Great work done, looks great, clean, & Professional, Super job

Description of Work
They (Ben & Alex) painted Kitchen cabinets, walls, Sun room ceiling , walls & trim on windows, living room walls, fire place mantel, cabinet, Den walls and hallways and a large Rainbow Play set outside.

Category wallpaper removal, pressure washing, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing

06/01/2015

Kristina T.

They are reliable and do a good job.

Description of Work
He power washed and painted my deck.

02/17/2015

Jerry P.

d not even been there.Done in a timely mater and cleaned up everyday, as they ha

Description of Work
Prepped and painted seven rooms on the main level that have not been done since being built in 1999.

Category house painters, interior painters

It was a pleasure working with you. We appreciate your business.

12/18/2014

Russ P.

Description of Work
Stained, sanded, and varnished six window casings for newly installed windows in kitchen, breakfast room, master bath, and guest bedroom. Resurfaced entire knockdown ceiling in kitchen, breakfast room and family room, repaired wall in back hallway, painted back hallway. We found Ben and his son Alex to be very professional, prompt, and courteous. They were extremely careful in their preparation and cleanup. Our dealings with office manager Jenni were very pleasant and efficient. We plan to use them again.

Category house painters, interior painters

Thank you for your great rating and recognizing our quality, professionalism, promptness and courtesy. We appreciate your review and your business.

10/05/2014

Teresa D.

I called to get an estimate for the exterior of our house. The person who answered the phone took down a lot of info and told me they weren't accepting any more exterior jobs for the year but someone would call me back and come out and give us an estimate. I said that would be fine. I never heard back - even after I called again and left a voice mail.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing

Category house painters

Sorry the info was misplaced. Family emergencies take first priority.

09/17/2014

Dawn T.

I am disappointed in this contractor for lack of professionalism and customer service. Ben arrived at my home within the 1 hour time slot that he had given me. He walked through my home and I explained to him what I needed done exterior wise and interior wise. He told me he would send me a quote. I asked him what his timeframe was to complete because I need to have the painting done within 2 weeks, since my home was going up for sale due to a relocation. He said he would check his schedule and let me know. He said he could do the exterior within 2 weeks but would have to check on his schedule for the interior work. He said he had 1 employee out due to a work injury. Two days later I received an email with Ben stating "After checking on my schedule for exterior jobs for the remainder of this year, I found I am full for 2014 and willnot be able to fit you in." Now how would he not know that his schedule was full on Monday when he came to give me a quote, but told me he can't fit me in at all for the rest of the year?

Description of Work
Provider visited my home for an exterior and interior painting quote.

Category house painters

I am sorry that I could not meet [member name removed] schedule. When [member name removed] called she should have mentioned that she wanted the job done immediately and I could have told her the schedule was full for the year. Weather is an important factor in Minnesota.

08/12/2014

James B.

Ben provided a free estimate, showing approximate costs of several alternatives. He also recommended appropriate paint categories for installed surfaces and climate. The entire job was completed in four consecutive days on-site, followed by a complete walk-around inspection with the owner. Surface repair and preparation was superb, with great attention to detail. All windows and doors were entirely masked during painting of adjacent surfaces. Caulking was expertly applied in all appropriate areas. Disruption of client activities was minimal. The result is a new-house look and durability without the cost of complete re-siding of the house. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Description of Work
Exterior house repair and painting. - Provided a free estimate with several alternatives and contingencies. - Power-washed entire exterior. - Replaced numerous deteriorated siding panels. - Re-framed garage door opening. - Hand scraped all damaged paint. - Patched all holes and defects. - Primed all bare surfaces. - Applied two coats of premium house paint to siding and contrasting trim. - Hand-rolled or back-brushed second coat for maximum durability. - Installed new window shutters provided by owner. - Removed all construction debris, including vacuuming of paint chips.

Category house painters

[Member name removed] was enjoyable to work with, recognized our capabilities, and responded well to any suggestions we recommended. [Member name removed] is definitely a good customer.

05/31/2014

Gisele O.

Description of Work
They have been great so far, we are just in the quote process and have not started any painting or repair. Looking to do work later this summer. Ben was on time for appointment, quote came back really fast and reasonable. Both Ben and his wife are very pleasant to work with

Category house painters

We would definitely enjoy working with [member name removed] to accomplish her goals.

03/21/2014

Pamela H.

Ben's son Alex did extensive repair of any holes and dings as well as dry wall seam bulging repair. He was very conscientious concerning the detail work and clean up after each day's work. Both Ben and Alex are personable and dedicated to excellent work. I will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Ben's Painting is a father and son business. I had seven rooms/areas painted.

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

We enjoyed working for the members. They were easy going and pleasant to work with. We are glad they appreciated our pride in our work. Thank you.

01/29/2014

David M.

The remodel was a challenge for them given the 24 foot ceilings but these guys are rock stars. Always very concerned about the dust and our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Removed Wallpaper and painted, removed Popcorn from our ceilings and replaced it with Knock-down finish, refinished windows and other projects.

Category house painters

Thanks for the great review. They were great to work for. They appreciated our expertise, tidiness and humor.

01/28/2014

Clydia B.

They were punctual and came right out when they said they would. They did what they said they would and if there was anything that needed to be fixed, they came out right away.

Description of Work
They stripped off the ceiling and redid a textured ceiling.

Category interior painters

Thank you for responding to Angie's list. We appreciate your repeat business and the good review.

03/18/2013

Dale O.

Things went pretty well. They did it all in one day. They were pretty efficient. I am planning to call them back in the spring because they missed some spaces inside the screen door. They told me to call them back if I noticed something and that they would come to do the touch up. I don’t have any doubt about them coming back for the touch up. They were nice people to work with. Ben did replace a couple of boards and did a beautiful job of that on the siding. It was anticipated but not that much. They weren’t the cheapest but I thought that they were the most professional. I only had two quotes.

Description of Work
Ben's Painting & Renovation painted the front of our house.

Category house painters

Thank you for the complimentary review. We have enjoyed working with you in the past and hope to be of more service to you in the future. You are definitely a preferred customer.

11/30/2012

David A.

Ben did a great job and saved me a lot of time and effort. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
I had Ben come out and paint the front of my house and my porch. I intended to do it myself but procrastinated. He power washed and prepped the house, and painted.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Thank you for the complimentary review. I like to assist procrastinators. We appreciate your business.

10/31/2012

Randy C.

They power washed deck and stained it, then put on 2 coats of sealer over the stain for a longer lasting result. Some porch trim was pealing from sun exposure, so he scraped , sealed and painted the affected trim.

Description of Work
Stained and finished deck and repainted some pealing trim.

Category house painters

Thank you for the complimentary review. We appreciate your past and potentially future business.

01/05/2012

Clydia B.

I have had Ben do multiple jobs for me throughout the years and he has always provided great service and value for the work he has done. The interior and exterior painting has always been of excellent quality. The wallpaper removal was always done very well and all cleanup was done to my expectations. The pressure washing and deck painting has been excellent.I would recommend Ben for work.

Description of Work
Interior Painting - painting multiple rooms and ceilings. Exterior Painting - doing pressure washing on the deck and then painting the deck and railing. Wallpaper removal - removing old wallpaper and then refinish and paint.

Category wallpaper removal, deck cleaning, house painters, interior painters

Thank you for reviewing our performance and quality of work. We take pride in performing a quality job. We definitely appreciate your past and potential future business.

Clean & Clear Services

We are a Twin Cities Window Cleaning company providing services to both residential and commercial clients. You can expect quality results and a top-notch customer service experience with us. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee! I look forward to hearing what we can do for you! (We are a fully insured company.)

Offers Coupon

Urban Services

We offer residential window cleaning, gutter cleaning, holiday lights and more! I have been doing this for over 10 years and have seen it all. I have got the knowledge and expertise to get the job done and done right. I know we don’t have any reviews or anything like that but I just started this business. I worked for another company, that in my opinion was growing to fast and quality went downhill, so I started my own. I started this with a few core values in mind: offer quality work for a quality price, never get too big where the quality starts to decline, be respectful of clients and their homes and make sure the right people work for us so all our customers feel safe and know work will be done right. I know you will not be disappointed with Urban Services. Satisfaction is guaranteed.

Offers Coupon

Pro Performance Painting & Decorating LLC

We offer quality and affordable painting services.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Pressure Washing. Custom Painting & Staining - Interior & Exterior Painting. Ceilings. Knock-Down & Texture Ceilings. Drywall Repair. Wallpaper Removal. Staining. Remove & Replace Doors. Replace Woodwork. Refurbish Cabinets. Tile Work.

electrical, plumbing, gas.