Painting a brick chimney can be a great way to give your home’s appearance a little boost without spending a ton of time and money. Here’s how to paint a brick chimney properly and some tips to consider before diving in with a brush.
Get matched with top exterior painters in Ottertail, MN
There are 6 highly-rated local exterior painters.
Recent House Painting Reviews in Ottertail
- Lakes Painting & PowerwashingHighly recommend Ron. Did outstanding job staining exterior of our log home. Extremely professional,knows his products and what is right for your home with prompt,reliable service. Our home is 44 years old and has never looked so good.He also does an awesome job with power washing the logs.
- Expert Building ServicesExpert Building Services was outstanding. They exceeded my expectations in every aspect of the project from timing to cost to workmanship. John and his team are friendly, professional, creative, and very skilled problem solvers. I will hire them again for any and all future building repair or renovation projects. I highly recommend you do as well
- PJ'S Painting & DecoratingPatty returned my call within hours and arranged to come the next day to give an estimate. She was very knowledgeable and helped me in color decisions. Joshua, Barry and Amber arrived on the scheduled day, later than planned but Joshua called to say they would be a bit late. Joshua supervised the work and really knows the job. Barry and Amber worked quickly and efficiently together. The work was finished in about 3 days, the weather hindered the outside painting. There were 3 tiny paint spills which Patty was quick to take care of when the work was finished. I was very pleased with the job and would hire this company again
- Paul Quick IncAfter approving the estimate, a future start date was selected to allow Paul time to finish other projects. Paul and crew arrived as scheduled and continued working hard each day until the work was done as promised. Cleanup was done each evening even though they would be returning the next morning. Paul does not try to oversell you on anything. In fact, he will make suggestions on how you can save money where possible. On a previous visit, I had asked Paul to estimate the cost to repair a leak in a difficult area of my roof. Two previous roofers had suggested that it would be very expensive and I should go ahead and replace the roof. Paul was able to fix the leak in less than an hour. This should allow me to get several more years before replacing the roof
- Monarch PaintingThey were professional. They answered the phone. They came up with solutions to figure out the problem. I ended up just doing it myself.
- Pride Custom PaintingPaul Christianson is a professional. He makes certain that his painting/staining crew is careful and that the painting or staining is the best. He checks on progress often and deals directly with the paint or stain supplier. I would recommend PRIDE to anyone wanting painting or staining to be done at their home or business
- Handyman PeteHe works hard and is very thorough. His clean-up after the project completion is meticulous. Our decks looked fantastic and the bathroom ceiling was even better than expected. He is very trustworthy and works hard even if we are not on site. He is very knowledgeable in many different areas. we would highly recommend his services
- Handyman PeteWe contacted Handyman Pete after reading reviews on Angies List. We set an appointment for Pete to come look at the work so he could bid the job. He was flexible on being able to come out on the weekend. He was on time and stated he would have an estimate back to us in a few days. True to his word he called back with an estimate a couple of days after his initial job inspection. The price was reasonable for the amount of work that was needed. We had him install all of the window and door trim. Also the baseboard. The work included two large trapezoid lakeside windows. Pete was very good about keeping in contact as we were working on getting the trim ordered, delivered, and stained in preparation for install. We set a date for install. Everything stayed on schedule. Pete did very nice work. He made sure we were happy with everything before he wrapped up the job. He always cleaned up after and never left a mess. We will definitely be using Handyman Pete again for future work
- Geo's Paint & Finish LLCGeo's had estimated it would take 5 days to complete the painting of our two story house. The very professional crew that arrived to perform the work finished in 4 days. They were easy to work with, and took great care in prepping the house and protecting windows, soffits and facia. They guarantee their work for at least 2 years so that if I find anything wrong, they'll return to correct it. I did find a splotch of paint on a window screen, and the owner himself swung by to clean it up. It's all perfect
- Geo's Paint & Finish LLCAfter a shaky start due to weather and confusion as to the agreed start date, his crew did a beautiful, professional job. We met with two different firms. Geo's Paint & Finish, Inc. was the only one listed by Angie's List in the Brainerd area. We liked his price as well as his apparent knowledge of the business. During our initial meeting he indicated he only used Glidden Stains. He said they were the best quality. We researched solid color stains through Consumer Reports and found they had rated Behr (sold by Home Depot) the highest. When we contacted George to finalize the deal we said we would have him do the work only if he used Behr Premium solid color stain. He agreed and said he might have to charge us a few dollars more per gallon. We were OK with that and, in the end, he honored his original price. For $2000 he painted our log siding, concrete foundation, log-sided storage shed, power washed everything including our two large decks and supplied the stain (our cottage is a modified A-frame so it really only has two sides- the rest is roof). He did not ask for a down-payment and did not offer us a specific contract in writing. In the course of building our cottage we've had the displeasure of working with many tradesmen who said one thing and did another, or did nothing at all. For that reason, we pressed him on the contract because we wanted something in writing in case it should happen again. The closest we got was his verification and agreement to an email we sent him outlining all of the services we had discussed. Since he didn't ask for money up front we decided to proceed. We had several occasions to contact him on his cell phone and every time we called he answered the phone. Not to have gotten a recorded message even once was impressive. We had to change the date twice and he was accommodating to our needs. When the project was finally underway his crew paid special attention to taping where the siding met the window and door trim. It wasn't easy to tape it so the log siding was painted but the trim was not. They took their time and it showed in the finished product. They managed to complete most of it in one day (two coats on everything) and probably would have completed all of it if they hadn't run out of paint. I offered to run to Home Depot to pick up another gallon but George insisted I shouldn't be inconvenienced and said he would do it. His painter came back the following morning and finished the job. As he was finishing some detail work I suggested he walk through the cottage to get to the lakeside deck and he removed his shoes so as to avoid getting dirt or paint from his shoes in our place. In short, the stain looks wonderful, the crew was not sloppy- they didn't drip stain on anything in the surrounding area, they did everything they said they would, they picked up all of their debris after it was completed and George gave me the choice of paying the crew leader or sending in a check by mail. Yes, it was one of the most positive experiences we have had with a contractor in the Brainerd area. Our only suggestion is to outline in an email or letter, in detail, what you are employing him for and get his agreement
House Painters in Ottertail
- Business Description:Welcome Home Moving Services strives every day to provide you the highest quality moving services in the industry. We are an honest and diligent company with only the most experienced movers. We have inherited a continued work ethic that we live by here at Welcome Home Moving Services. It is our promise to provide you, our customers with superior and professional moving services and top-rated customer service. We are directly affiliated with only A-rated carriers which gives us the best prici..Recent Review:Jerome and Adam from J & Z Moving were great. They had my stuff loaded quickly and all of the furniture fit through the doors without being broken down.Amanda T.
- Business Description:*PRIDE CUSTOM PAINTING is Fully Insured *PRIDE CUSTOM PAINTING Uses the best painting products on your home *PRIDE CUSTOM PAINTING gives you the most extensive preparation on all work *PRIDE CUSTOM PAINTING Gives guarantees that stick *PRIDE CUSTOM PAINTING employs only fully trained painting professionals *AT PRIDE CUSTOM PAINTING all work is owner supervised *PRIDE CUSTOM PAINTING paints and stains exteriors, interiors, decks, fences, floors and much more *PRIDE CUSTOM PAINTING starts with ..Recent Review:It went as planned and and ended up looking better than ever!Steven H.
- Business Description:Complete drywall and painting contractorRecent Review:It went great. Absolutely no complaints. The guys were friendly, on time and did an great job.Nicole W.
- Business Description:Expert Building Services provides free estimates for remodeling homes and buildings in the Itasca County area. John Schirber returns calls promptly and sets up house calls at the convenience of our customers. Once we discover the priorities, we collaborate with the owner to complete their wish list. We specialize in handicapped accessible homes. Are you looking for a bathroom or kitchen remodel? Maybe you need a new roof, siding or windows? John and Linda strive to give 110% to every customer..Recent Review:This is the second job, John, Daryll, and company have done for us. I like the way they respect our home and take extra steps to keep the job as clean and neat as possible. They have skills that make them perfect for remodel jobs on older homes as well as newer homes. They provide the best "bang for the buck" if you wish to hire pros. And since I myself do not possess the necessary talents to do such fine work, I'm glad they're nearbyDANIEL D.
- Business Description:Roofing contractor in business for 10+ years specializing in roofing and siding.Recent Review:It was good. I contacted 7 roofers and he's the only that got back to me. They communicated well and willing to work if there's any changes. The workers showed up time, they were fast, efficient, and clean.Karl D.
- Business Description:Have no fear, HelloTech is here. We can send a tech to your door to help with your computer, home theater, TV mounting, and general device needs. In many cases, we can solve your issues remotely for much less, simply by connecting to your computerRecent Review:One hour to set up a 32 " TV and sound bar. We are now using 3 remotes to operate TV. Kept asking questions. Second hour was the Harmony remote. First he did not bring computer. Had to use ours. Kept asking questions. He did not connect all of our equipment, we need to get someone else to correct what he did. Our last remote programming was done in 20 minutes. Plus during this covid time, he had to use bathroomJeanne & Temple B.
- Business Description:College Works Painting gives undergraduate students an extraordinary opportunity to build a competitive resume and gain marketable skills by teaching them how to manage their very own painting business. We help them develop and demonstrate a strong skillset encompassing business ethics, communication, organizational management and sales, along with a firm understanding of the mechanics of leadership applicable to any profession. We pride ourselves on delivering quality workmanship at a fair..Recent Review:The contractors were very professional and did a good job. They left the job site very neat and were considerate of the shrubs around the deck. The timing was as scheduled and communications went well.Elena I.
- Business Description:I will come to you and provide handyman services that are agreed upon. Please contact me by phone and leave a voicemail if I do not answer, as I am often unable to respond to emails and messages.Recent Review:Needed some help but the jib got doneKrista A.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
- Business Description:We are a full service General Contractor building new custom homes and garages, and remodels. We also build to your plans or ours. We will also do small jobs and subcontracting to other contractors for the do-it-yourself homeowner/contractor
Explore our Solution Center for helpful house painter articles
Whether you’re refreshing old patio furniture or breathing new life into some vintage decor finds, painting metal requires some finesse to ensure a lasting, smooth application. Use these tips to paint metal surfaces, no peeling, chipping, or rusting.
Learn the differences between latex, acrylic, and oil-based paint as well as the different types of primer. Discover which will work best for your project.
Find exterior painters in
- Battle Lake
- Parkers Prairie
- New York Mills
- Fergus Falls
- Pelican Rapids
- Eagle Bend
- Detroit Lakes
exterior painters in Ottertail
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Avalon Sculpture12484 County Rd 118 Mer
- Avalon Sculpture
- Brian Agather Handy Man Services103 Hawley st.
Lake Park, Minnesota
- Brian Agather Handy Man Services
- Imperium Painting & Interiors, LLC818 Jefferson Street
- Imperium Painting & Interiors, LLC
- Kretzman Paint Company820 S 8th St
- Kretzman Paint Company
- Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling25130 County Hwy 6
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- Pettis Painting / Linda's Interiors3496 SE 34th Ave
- Pigeon Hill Painting and Handyman Service75683 310th St
- Pixley InteriorsPO box 130
Pelican rapids, Minnesota
- Pride Custom PaintingPO Box 160
- Pro-services Llc265 Silver Lake Rd NE Unit 101
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling
- Sebasky Painting25672 324th Ave
- Sebasky Painting
- Welcome Home Moving Services339 S Lanvale Ave
Daytona Beach, Florida
- Welcome Home Moving Services