Does your yard flood easily from heavy rain or melting snow? A simple French drain installation can protect your home and landscaping from future water damage.
Get matched with top drain pipe contractors in Ottertail, MN
There are 3 highly-rated local drain pipe contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Drain Pipe Installation Reviews in Ottertail
- Finken WaterThe installation process went very well. The two people who installed the unit were very kind and quick to install!
- Van Matre Construction LLCI am a multiple award winning Home Builder from Minnesota. I am also very meticulous and extremely fussy about the way I want things done. Hire these guys!! Brady Van Matre and his crew were fantastic. I wish I had 10 guys like Adam and Michael working for me. Very conscientious about my construction concerns and keeping the job-site clean. Fit my job into their schedule even after the scope of the project tripled in size after they had already started. Very happy and I'm not easy to please
- Complete Basement SystemsThey went above and beyond, telling me the water softener was broken and told the furniture delivery people where to put it when I couldn't get it rescheduled for when I would be there. They kept me informed during the entire process. Very professional
- SafeBasements of Minnesota IncThey're really quick in giving me a call back through the detail and that was pretty good. They're thorough.
- Wencl PlumbingWe called early that morning, and they said they would have techs out to look at it by 1:00, and they were here by 12:30. We explained the issues we were having, that it was not heating the water at all, and that the unit was extremely old. They asked us to follow them downstairs while they inspected the unit. They throughly explained what they were looking for and how it made the unit run. Upon inspection, they explained the age of the unit, and that at its age it was not only dead, but using so much energy that it was not even worth repairing. They explained the different options we had, like a similar tank with different gallon sizes, the energy they used and if it would be the right fit for how much water we used. They also explained the pros and cons of the tankless water heaters, and that they had mixed reviews on how others liked them. It was their recommendation that with the mixed reviews on tankless water heaters, they would suggest a 60 gallon waterheater. They placed the order, and were here the next day, at the time they said they would be, to install the unit. They were very respectful of the flooring upstairs, and made sure to answer any questions we had during installation about the unit. The only poor thing I could say is that they did not clean up the sediment that was left on the floor, leaving me to clean up the mess
- Gene's of Apple Valley ConstructionThey showed up to do the work and appeared to have knowledge in what they were doing.When it was all done there was stuff they had to come back a do, because they failed to do some stuff that was in the contract..Once that was done, I had to have them come back again cuz they spread dirt and gravel all over a portion of my driveway, instead of hauling it away. I made them come back and top dress the rock on my driveway and they failed to even match the type of rock, that was on the driveway already.When it was all done I asked for a final bill of sale with the amounts of stuff used and was refused one by the owner.I would never let this company on my property ever again. They are one of the most unprofessional company's that I have ever personally dealt with
Drain Pipe Installers in Ottertail
- Business Description:Angie's List Certified. Since 1977 we have been waterproofing basements. Our water control and wet basement repair services have given homeowners greater peace of mind. We have worked on more than 40,000 homes and businesses and installed more than 2 million feet of drain tile. Our award winning and experienced team -- 50 employees, many with 20+ years of experience -- know how to get the job done right. May contact through email, firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-978-7867Recent Review:Our experience with this company was top-notch from beginning to end. Knowledgeable, friendly, prompt. They covered everything in our basement to protect from jackhammer dust, and cleaned up well at the end. The guys really seemed to take pride in their work. It was a very large projectMark P.
- Business Description:Expert Building Services provides free estimates for remodeling homes and buildings in the Itasca County area. John Schirber returns calls promptly and sets up house calls at the convenience of our customers. Once we discover the priorities, we collaborate with the owner to complete their wish list. We specialize in handicapped accessible homes. Are you looking for a bathroom or kitchen remodel? Maybe you need a new roof, siding or windows? John and Linda strive to give 110% to every customer..Recent Review:All the wood working turned out beautiful, the workers are not only experts, they are master craftsmen. All the work was finished in a reasonable time. Everything was approved by the city inspectors. I highly recommend Expert Builder ServicesMaureen F.
- Business Description:Innovative Basement Authority, founded in 2005, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Fargo, ND, Rush City, MN, and Minneapolis, MN. Innovative Basement Authority is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and..Recent Review:We had several things we wanted them to look at, one our driveway had cracks in it and it was sinking. He looked at that, and he looked at how secure one of our walls were because this is an old lake place. He looked the whole thing, the perimeter over and everything. He did a really good job. He made an appointment with us which was yesterday. He wasn't the easiest to make arrangements with; it seems like he works all of the time. Then, he came to my house in town yesterday and showed us what he found. He had pictures and showed us what solutions they could offer and it had pictures showing us how it works and everything. We signed up for more than we asked him to look for. The price that he quoted us was so much less than we were expecting because that's a good deal; you know all the walls and stuff like that. So, the first go he quoted us $3,529, and that's for lifting that driveway. They also have a seal dry system. It's like an industrial dehumidifier. Because there's a lot of trouble at the lake where it's closed up sometimes and it just smells musty, even if it isn't closed up. You know anytime you're on the lake like that, there's a lot of humidity. I was really impressed and so was my son. Even as much important, he listened to us He was a good worker and looking for solutions to problems. He worked very hard to get those appointments with us at a time that worked for us. The first one my son was on vacation, so he wasn't able to be up there. His name is Paul he comes from St. Paul. The second one though was more difficult, we had to do it on a Saturday. He doesn't normally do that, but he did in this case because that's the only time my son could do that because he was back working. His responsiveness was good, it was us who was difficult. He really worked with us, to the point where he had to consult his wife his wife for the Saturday appointment. He was there before time on a Saturday, by about 10 minutes and he was there on right on the dot up at the lake. Absolutely, we will use him again, my son maybe using him in Lakeville too. For y needs the estimate was wonderful, we were expecting it to be much more expensive, that was a pleasant surprise. I chose to go with them because there aren't a lot of companies, there are mud and jack companies. But, we were looking for someone to do the driveway, and they could look at that wall to see if it's secure. It turns out it needs some help, but you know this company can do it all, they can take care of both things. I guess that's my main reasonTERESA A W.
- Business Description:Celebrating 30 years of service, our family has specialized in structural foundation repair and basement waterproofing. We have built a long-standing tradition of excellent work and a commitment to total customer satisfaction. Contact us today and let's put your problems behind you once and for all. Basement Waterproofing: We custom design the SafeBasements Waterproofing System to meet your specific needs. Once the system is installed, it takes care of itself, backed by our Lifetime Guarantee..Recent Review:We hired Safe Basements to fix a problem with water leaching into our basement. One wall of the finished area of our basement doesn't have drywall/sheet rock, but instead has skim-coated mud and then paint directly on top of the cinder block. Since we moved into this house 5 years ago, we'd had water leaching in through that wall almost every year. We asked Safe Basements to come out and take a look, and they said that groundwater was filling up the cinder block, and that installing drain tile and a sump pump would direct the water into a trench and out of the house, thus fixing the problem. So, we hired them to fix it in November 2017, at a cost of about $5000. After they completed their work, we sanded down the previous damage to the wall, re-did the skim-coat, primed it and painted it to complete the repair ourselves. In March 2019, after all of the snow we got in February began to melt, we noticed that the paint on that same wall was completely blistered, with water once again leaching through the cinder block wall and breaking through the paint. It was exactly the same problem we thought was repaired. We called Safe Basements, and they visited twice. The person I spoke to over the phone said that sometimes the drain tile "system gets overwhelmed" and used "Act of God" to describe the heavy snowfall in February (language which is in the warranty and would ostensibly relieve them from any further responsibility). One of their staff who visited the house told us that the placement of our downspout outside of the wall would void the warranty, though the warranty materials do not address a specific distance requirement. They also pointed out that some water had come through our basement window, but that does not explain the water leaching through the cinder block. It seemed to us as if they were reaching for any reason to void their lifetime guarantee. However, regardless of whether the warranty is void or not, the most problematic issue for us is that upon viewing the new water damage, their staff told us that due to the nature of that finished wall, because it was mud over concrete as opposed to drywall with a vapor barrier, the concrete "couldn't breathe" and was therefore soaking up the water so it didn't flow to the trench that they'd installed below. This is exactly how the wall was when we first hired them, so we are at a loss as to why they either 1) didn't realize the construction of that wall in the first place, or 2) advised us to install drain tile that was apparently never going to effectively solve the original problem. We relied on their expert advice about how to address our problem, so we are disappointed that they sold us a solution that they reasonably should have known wouldn't work. Safe Basements has advised us to re-grade the exterior, which we have begun to do, and to either completely expose the cinder block on that wall (effectively unfinishing our basement) or install drywall (which isn't feasible due to the placement of a stairwell). The drain tile system is slowly working to some extent, and indeed, some of the blistering that caused us to call them has receded, but the blistered paint is still noticeable and needs to be fixed. So our original problem remains unsolved and we will incur more costs to repair that wall and try to keep water out of our basement. It seems to us that we could have just addressed the exterior grading in the first place rather than installing the drain tile, spending a fraction of the cost to get likely the same resultMichael B.
- Business Description:FORSBERG DRAINAGE & EXCAVATION LLC
- Business Description:At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing every customer’s individual needs are important. Whether it’s a simple sink clog or a damaged sewer line, you can count on a Mr. Rooter plumber to take care of your plumbing needs – day or night – with never an overtime charge. Our professional service, quality products and honest, up-front pricing make Mr. Rooter the best value in plumbing services nationwide. Mr. Rooter is ready for all emergency plumbing issues, from clogged drains and sewage backups to frozen pipes..
- Business Description:high-quality, low-cost concrete stamping. Concrete countertop for kitchen, bathrooms, and indoor/outdoor bars. Drain tile sump pump installation.Recent Review:I met Joel a couple of years ago while he was doing work for a neighbor. I took his card and told him that if the job he did held up, I would be in touch. When it came time for my project, there was not a single crack in my neighbors driveway, so I contacted him. <br /> The contract I signed called for the replacement of a broken asphalt driveway and rotten timber retaining wall. The project started out simple enough, with a bid of about $12,000, but the city stepped in and required special engineering and permits that were not part of the original quote. In addition the street in front of the house was under construction and changes that the city made meant several changes in the design of the wall and steps. <br /> The change orders for an additional wall, and the purchase of concrete patio furniture also increased the price <br /> His work was meticulous and artistic. He used gentle curves and angles on the wall and steps. He installed irrigation pipe under the patio to another part of the yard in case we wanted to irrigate at some time in the future. <br /> His price was very competitive(although slightly higher) than some others I got. I selected him because I knew his work, His bid also included thicker than customary concrete with more steel. He told me it is cheaper to do it right than to come back and fix problems later. <br /> Given the problems with city engineers and street construction, the job took longer than expected, but Joel and his crew were extremely efficient, and as often as possible left the property in a condition that we could use the driveway overnight. <br /> I was very pleased with the result, and I highly recommend his work <br /Douglas A.
- Business Description:Here at The Finished Look we perform all areas that pertain to building and remodeling. We also have a cabin care taking branch as well that services lake homes in northern Minnesota. We are very close with our employees and boast safety and cleanliness. Winter work in many instances be eligible for a 10% discount
- Business Description:Girard & Son's Pumping Inc. Drainage & Excavating
- Recent Review:Overall, we were very pleased with the service we received from Wencl Plumbing. Based on our personal experience, we would have no problem recommending them to family and/or friends. We will not hesitate to use them for any of our own future needsHeather G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drain pipe installer articles
From a worn-out sump pump to a flooded backyard, a French drain could be the answer to water troubles. Wondering how much it costs to install a French drain? Here’s an outline of the costs for each type and which factors affect the final price.
If you have an older home, you might need to use a pipe descaler to keep your pipes from clogging. Find out what a pipe descaler is best used for and when you need to consider hiring a pro to help you with the process with this guide.
Find drain pipe contractors in
drain pipe contractors in Ottertail
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Innovative Basement Authority1330 41st St N
Fargo, North Dakota 58102
- Innovative Basement Authority
- NELSON CUSTOM CONCRETEP.O. Box 27069
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55427
- NELSON CUSTOM CONCRETE
- Wencl Plumbing1082 SE 38th St
Owatonna, Minnesota 55060
- Wencl Plumbing