When your lawn mower won’t start, it can ruin a whole day's worth of yard work. Luckily, you can easily troubleshoot using these tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Maple Grove, MN
There are 3 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 8 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Matching on Angi
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Maple Grove
- Twin Cities Lawn Mower Repair & Snow Blower RepairI can’t speak highly enough for the work done on my Craftsman 42 inch lawn tractor. Came to my home on Saturday and thoroughly serviced and made repairs in a efficient and economical basis. 5 stars all the way around.
- Twin Cities Lawn Mower Repair & Snow Blower RepairOur regular small engine repair person decided not to service our area this season, so I searched for another local business and I'm glad I went with Twin Cities Lawn and Snow Blower Repair! Jim was super helpful and was excellent with communication! I highly recommend and will use again in the future
- Stillwater Turf And PowerThere needs to be a way to rate at zero stars or negative stars. Sales order #10415 dated July 10th 2018. I brought my Toro 522xi 2 cylinder engine garden tractor in running on one cylinder. I brought with me a new starter for the tractor I bought on Ebay that he agreed that he would install since the engine had to be removed for the repair. He called me after the work was done. I got there and he said “let’s load it up” and we did. I get inside and he goes over the repair showing the damaged parts replaced and he talks to me like I’m brainless and stupid. I have a good well of knowledge about the mechanical repairs he was doing. He then said “you know that rear tire with a slow leak”? Yes I replied. He then said “I bought a tube and installed it”. I never got a call from him about that and I didn’t authorize that repair. It was a very slow leak in the tire. The tube was $49.84 which could have been bought at Fleet Farm for about $20. The labor he charged for just putting the tube in the tire was $85. A total of $134.84 in unauthorized work which would have been about $40-$50 at Fred’s Tire about 5 blocks away. Then he told me: “oh by the way you are going to start going through batteries”. I then asked why? He replied with “it’s not charging at the stator”. At that point I silently thought that he was up to something. Then I asked him ok what would it cost to fix that? He replied with: “Oh, uuuhh,,,, about $500”. I was really tired that day as I was in another one of the months long flare ups from chronic Lyme disease. I really wish right then I had challenged him on the unauthorized repair of the rear tire in which he gouged me big time. Then I should have also challenged him on the charging system not working because IT WAS WORKING WHEN I BROUGHT IT TO HIM! I have gone through several batteries until I bought a small Mazda Miata size battery and got it to fit after removing some shields. I have to charge up the battery before each mowing. I can’t use the headlights because the battery wears down a lot faster. With the non functioning charging system the engine ignition and the electric clutch run solely from the battery and it wears down after about 4 hours. The Miata spec battery I bought at Walmart wore out after 1-1/2 years and I had to replace it partly under warranty. So I’ve spent around $200 on small car battery’s for my garden tractor so far. My tractor is not worth as much because of this and it’s a major hassle. The charging system on my tractor had nothing to do with the repairs he did related to the pushrods, lifters and head gaskets. He might reply with that the battery light was on on the dashboard of the tractor. Well a common problem with that Toro 5xi series of Toro tractors is that the battery light comes on, or flickers while the charging system is working fine. My other garden tractor a Toro 520xi has the same thing happen on it and it’s charging system also has worked fine. It’s been discussed often on garden tractor forums. Ed at Hugo Power a Toro dealership has a device for checking that which is unusually a bad diode. I’m the only person who has ran that tractor since I bought it from Century Power in March 2015 with a little over 300 hours on it. The charging system was working until Art at Stillwater Turf and Power worked on it. So I’m thinking of two scenarios when he worked on it: 1. He crossed some wires by accident and blew one of the components in the charging circuit and wasn’t man enough to own up to his mistake. 2. He left some wires for the charging system unhooked or they were cut or not installed or not installed properly. I got ripped off big time. Anyways I’m never spending another dime there because his work was at the least incompetent. I really should have taken him small claims court over this. I suggest not giving him anything more complicated to work on than a balsa wood airplane with a wind up rubber band. What a ripoff I experienced trusting that guy
- SeasonGreen Turf ManagementJim has serviced my yard for 7 years now and continues to show up consistently and does a great job. He also has been more than willing to do additional services as needed.
- Mobile Engine DoctorThese guys are the absolute best. I have seldom have such a positive experience with a repair company. My snowblower completely stopped working. On the phone, first they suggested a shear pin may have been broken and they were absolutely correct. I replaced it, The engine still wasn't turning over so they suggested over the phone to run a space heater in front of the gear box to melt all the ice. I did and the engine turned over and the snowblower was working again. But now it was making a horrible noise. A technician came out and in five minutes, he had solved the problem (a belt was loose and making a slapping noise) and on top of everything else he was on time and very helpful. I will definitely use them again for any small engine repair. Honest people, how great is that
- Twin Cities Lawn Mower Repair & Snow Blower RepairExtremely well! The process to arrange pickup was easy and fast, I got an informative estimate with request to authorize, and really fast repair and delivery back to me. They wen above and beyond by sending a specific list of tips, dos and donts for my machine for both the winter season and offseason. Fast, professional, knowledgeable, friendly and a fair price. I highly recommend
- Twin Cities Lawn Mower Repair & Snow Blower RepairThey were very professional and courteous with their service. I would hire again for snowblower or lawnmower repair. The communication throughout the entire process was second to none!
- Twin Cities Lawn Mower Repair & Snow Blower RepairPicked up and dropped off snowblower, very responsive to initial request, quote was accurate, provided good info for how to maintain going forward
- Small Engine Mobile RepairMatt did everything we hoped, took the time to explain how to keep the machines working smoothly, and did it for significantly less than the price quote. Very pleased with his professionalism and his services.
- Robbinsdale MarineRobbinsdale Marine has been my go-to operation for lawnmower and snowblower upkeep and repairs since the mid-nineties. This week they tuned up my Simplicity snowblower and adjusted the forward and reverse speeds within 2 days. They don't try to sell you things you don't need. Give them a chance, they won't let you down
Last update on March 9, 2022
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Maple Grove
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
Find out how much it costs to tune up a lawn mower yourself or to hire a pro to do it for you. Get true lawn mower tune-up costs by type of mower.
Is your lawn mower pull cord frayed—or worse, did it just come flying off before you went to mow? Learn how to replace a lawn mower pull cord in this guide.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Brooklyn Park,
- New Hope,
- Brooklyn Center,
- Coon Rapids,
- Spring Lake Park,
- Golden Valley,
- Columbia Heights,
lawn mower repair shops in Maple Grove
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Extreme Lawns LLC4737 County Road 101
Minnetonka, Minnesota 55345
- Extreme Lawns LLC
- Innovative Irrigation Specialists1756 149th Ln NE
Ham Lake, Minnesota 55304
- Innovative Irrigation Specialists
- Nicholas Feely Construction LLC7263 East Fish Lake Rd.
Osseo, Minnesota 55311
- Nicholas Feely Construction LLC
- R & R Small Engine Service4224 E 41st St
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55406
- REDING REPAIR16787 HUTCHINSON DR
Lakeville, Minnesota 55044
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
Canton, Michigan 48188
- Rick's Small Engine Repair5802 Boone Ave N
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55428
- Robbinsdale Marine4137 Lakeland Ave
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55422
- R & R Small Engine Service
- The Hover Shop20028 172nd St. NW
Big Lake, Minnesota 55309
- Tri-K Services5839 HIGHWAY 12
Maple Plain, Minnesota 55359
- Twin Cities Lawn Mower Repair & Snow Blower Repair6926 Richfield Parkway
Richfield, Minnesota 55423
- The Hover Shop
- UFC FARM SUPPLY801 State Highway 284
Waconia, Minnesota 55387
- UFC FARM SUPPLY
- Weber's Lawn & Landscape24300 129th Ave N
Rogers, Minnesota 55374
- Weber's Lawn & Landscape