Looking for general contractor marketing ideas? These actionable tips for contractors will help you book more jobs and build your reputation. Keep reading to learn how to get new leads fast.
Get matched with top home builders in Duluth, MN
There are 5 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Duluth
- Sisu Builders LLCAbsolutely professional and pleasant to work with; highly recommend sisubuilders.com with great confidence for a job well done.
- KNUTSON CUSTOM CONSTRUCTIONI can not say enough good things about Knutson Construction. They took over a project that was partially completed by a previous GC and saved the day. Pricing was higher than others, but worth every penny spent. The quality and craftsmanship shows. Should we have any additional projects, we will be using them again
- JAY LITMAN CONSTRUCTION REMODELING & HANDYMAN SERVThe company was recommended by another that could not take on the business. The estimate was prepared promptly and there was also appropriate follow-up. Thanks!
- Bougalis Construction IncNick was very helpful and knowledgeable in helping us to decide on a garage plan that best fit our needs. He and his guys started the project on time when planned and finished on time. They were here everyday working around our needs as well. Nick and his crew were always keeping us informed as to what was next, how long it would take and what we could expect. (like when water was off).. job site was ALWAYS cleaned up, nothing was ever left that could cause injury to us or our neighbors. They were very thoughtful or our needs and the neighbors with their big trucks and equipment around thia small area. The finished job was more than we expected! Nick has called us a couple times already just making sure we didn't have any problems or concerns with his work. Of course, we don't, the work was great, done right the first time and in a timely manner. Nick and his crew were great
- Badger IncIt was a great experience. We have told our neighbor down the road about Badger, Inc. and I believe they are calling ", The Badger". His experience tells the story. Thank you Susan Danielson Duluth MN 55812
- TERRY DAVIS CONSTRUCTIONThis company is great to work with. The owner effectively communicated with me during all phases of the project. They were here when they said they would be and were finished when they said would be. It looks even better than I hoped it would. We've gotten many compliments on it. They are also reasonably priced. I would recommend them to anyone
- JUTEN GENERAL CONTRACTINGThis house was a huge project for all of us. We had not built a house before and the Jutens had not built a large, custom log house before, so, it was a learning curve, the whole way. The log shell was built in Montrose, Colorado, by the Frontier Log Home Company, and we sent one of the Juten contractors out there to meet with the architect and builders. The logs arrived on site in four semis, accompanied by a member of the Colorado team, who supervised the Jutens in putting up the log shell. Over a period of four months the Jutens cut the windows and doors, closed in the shell, built the roof and oversaw and worked with, the sub-contractors. In December, we had used our construction loan and our personal resources and had to stop and move in. The house was finished over the next five years by other individuals. Juten Construction does excellent work, but, at that time, they did not have enough control over their subcontractors and, as most do, the project wound up way over budget. However, that was 22 years ago, and I know they have built many houses since then, and have probably gotten a handle on the financial end.. They are willing to listen to what you want and easy to work with
- The Carpentry Works LLCThey did an excellent job. Dave was excellent about explaining what would be the best thing to do for my insulation, which I knew already from extensive research, but I was checking to make sure he knew what to do. He was excellent about explaining his estimate. They were arrived in a timely manner after I hired them, and completed on time. The workers were profession, completed the job to spec, and cleaned up after themselves. I had Dave give me estimates for a couple other jobs, but the prices were higher than competitors
- Kaski IncWork has not started yet but they have been excellent with estimates, design, scheduling, their eye for detail was impressive.
- Knutson Custom Construction, LLCKnutson Custom Construction was hired to do our kitchen renovation, which was completed in July 2010. Estimates were competitive with those received by other contractors, but we chose to work with Ken and Andrew because we had seen their work in other homes and were impressed with it. Both were punctual, adaptable and extremely meticulous in the planning phases of the project. An emphasis on clear communication was made in particular by Ken, the elder Knutson. During the planning for this project, we considered numerous ideas in detail and Ken was able to give a thoughtful breakdown of the logistics and financial considerations for every option we explored. His patience and professionalism during this phase was commendable. The project stumbled briefly when our designer left the company we had contracted with to complete that portion of the work. Ken worked hard to bring the new designer up to speed and smooth over tensions that arose during that time. This project included subcontract work from an engineer, a designer, an HVAC specialist (for return air), electricians, plumbers, and a painter. Ken's meticulous attention to detail was crucial as he brought each of the subcontractors on board. He helped prevent numerous costly missteps as materials were being ordered and the scheduling of the project got underway. When we got to the demolition and building phase, that attention to detail persisted. Andrew oversaw most of the "hand's on" aspects of the construction and solved day to day logistical issues as they arose at this point. Ken played a smaller role in the actual construction but was the primary liaison coordinating work on the part of each of the subcontractors. He picked up on and corrected a handful of small mistakes made by the plumber and electrician, and saw to it that those issues were resolved quickly with as little inconvenience to us as possible. It was clear as the project progressed that Ken and Andrew had well established relationships with each of the subcontractors they brought into our home and that these were people who could be trusted. The project was completed within a week of the projected timeline, which considering the scale of this job was pretty impressive. We did not go over budget despite numerous last minute changes and adjustments. In the end, it turned out better than we could have hoped for and the new kitchen is now far and away our favorite part of the home. Best of all, this renovation was performed on a home originally built in 1909, in the "mission transitional" style, and they were able to see to it that the new construction meshed perfectly with the older part of the home. Most of our guests are actually surprised to hear that the kitchen was remodeled a hundred years after the rest of the home. At this writing, the kitchen is a year old and we have seen no issues with the quality of workmanship they performed. I was impressed enough with the Knutson's work that we again hired them to do a very nice shed for us last Fall. We would refer anyone in the Duluth area to them who is looking to do high end renovation on an older home in a style which is consistent with that of the original architecture of the home
House Builders in Duluth
- Business Description:License: #1199311 (Wisconsin) . Additional license: #BC647932 (Minnesota).Recent Review:So satisfied with the quality, price and communication. Job was done exactly as discussed knowing if the roof wood was bad I would have to pay for replacement. I knew exactly what any additional materials I would need so I was prepared for surprises. Fortunately my roof wood was perfect so the bill was to the penny of the estimate. I could have been charged more because I don’t know roofing and can’t climb a ladder to inspect damage so would have paid any additional charges. Fortunately they were honest and I didn’t need any other work done. They cleaned the site when done and the supervisor, Abe Savage, was in constant communication and on site daily to explain what the days activities were and how the process was going. He and the owner even came after the crew finished and inspected their work, check housekeeping of site and make sure I was satisfied before they asked for the balance of my payment! The would have installed any shingles I wanted but they suggested a trusted brand they use. I did my research and was pleased with the quality and warranty. I called the manufacturer and they provided additional warranty info and have in writing they will transfer the warranty to a new home owner as well. Huge bonus! I have already started talks with Sisu on building a new house in the spring. Locally owned and long time community members in Esko, Cloquet and Superior area. I am going to hire them again and recommend you do too. To back up what I say, you may come see my roof personally, 218-451-0336 call or text. Carocarol r.
- Business Description:Fusion Finishing is a Licensed Builder (LIC# BC634614) that does; remodeling, additions, basements,new home construction, bathrooms, kitchens and much much more. Fusion has the ability to create 3D drawings to see what your project may look like prior to starting the work. Most of the work is done in-house so you can have the peace of mind of knowing the project from step A to step Z will all be done with only the highest standardsRecent Review:David was very professional and worked efficiently. He communicates well and will discuss with you any questions or suggestions you may have and gives you his opinion. His work is first rate and we are very happy with the final outcome. We would hire him for any future projects. Thanks David!Jim R.
- Business Description:We are here for the sole purpose of helping you keep your home in tip top shape. We will meet with you free of charge and go over your project list and give you an estimate for each item separately so you can get things done that are the most important to you when it fits your budget. We have a crew of ten and look forward to serving you to make your home a comfortable place to be with everything working the way you want it to. Give us a call today for a free review of your listRecent Review:Have not heard from Marshall Handyman on my projectRon F.
- Business Description:Specializing in HOME INSPECTIONS! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:The service was good. They did what they suppose to. They were quick and they were there when they said they would.Neil C.
- Business Description:LBC Garage Doors provides free estimates, 24 hour customer service, and sells & installs top quality, energy-efficient garage and entry doors to improve your curb appeal.Recent Review:Great, door has never operated so well.Nathan E.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br..Recent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern MinnesotaCesar M.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:For over 40 years Litman Construction Inc. has specialized in residential and light commercial remodeling, repairs and maintenance. Litman Construction has a full time crew who provide professional, skilled services to take care of just about any home, apartment building or business; repair, maintenance or remodeling project. With just a call, you can arrange for a convenient estimate or scheduling of your next project. You'll find our company a dependable, affordable and an efficient way to ..Recent Review:Litman Construction won a bid through St. Louis County to install a vertical lift (elevator) to make our home handicapped accessible for our son with special needs. We began the project in ample time to complete it by the end of our funding year. We completed our portions of the project and Sam assured us that the project would be done on time. Two weeks before our funding year ended, Litman construction began their work, assuring us it would get done. The lift had not been ordered, so our project was not completed on time. It lost our son $12,000 of county funding to use this year for a handicapped accessible shower and ceiling lifts to keep him and our caregivers safe during transfers. Litman apologized, but did nothing to make the situation right. They proceeded to blame us for the delays. My husband was up until 2 AM one morning removing a wall so Litman could begin their work. Had we known that Litman's delays would be that impactful, we would have done what needed to be done ourselves. We could have easily done what needed to be done in a weekend. Litman Construction essentially sheet rocked and painted a U-shaped "closet" that was 5 feet deep, 6 feet wide and 12 feet high. They added a 42 inch high wall on top of the 8 foot wall my husband had already built. They sheet rocked and painted 204 square feet and charged $5,145 for their labor (85.75 hours over 30 days). On-line estimates put sheet rocking at $1.50-$3.00 per square foot (materials and labor combined) which would put our project at $306-$612. Even though Litman did not touch the lift (Arrow-Lift the lift manufacturer installed it) they charged a 10% mark up on the lift, and the electrician they hired (TK Electric) wired the main circuit board incorrectly so it was destroyed the first time it was hooked up. Their response to that was "He's done them for us before, but I guess mistakes can happen." Litman construction did not even do their work well. They left sheet rocked seams for us to have to blend into a wall above (they painted up to bare sheet rock). The bottom door header was put in crooked (it is 36" wide) and the dimensions for the door were incorrect despite them having a plan. When the lift was installed, shims needed to be placed at the top so the door opened correctly. We had to fix all their shoddy work after we fired them from the project. There was no service recovery or effort to make their mistake right. When we knew that the project was not going to get completed before the waiver year was up, Sam, the project manager, told us that he has had funding extended (our social worker never had heard of that) and that my husband was handy so he could complete parts of the next projects to fit into the money we have left over this year. He blamed us for the delays. In the end, Litman was paid for their job and there was no accountability for them. I left a one star review and told our story on their Facebook page and they deleted all four of their reviews. They turned off the ability for people to post to their page except in the comments of their posts. Instead of responding to a complaint, they deleted it. That, to me, says volumes about their company. If you want timely, high quality work done, go elsewhereNena J.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
As a general contractor, knowing what to charge can be difficult. But there are a few pricing models you can use to figure out the best rate. Discover how to come up with a fair price to keep your business thriving year-round.
Want to know how to become a roofing contractor? This growing industry is a fantastic choice for construction beginners and pros looking to gain a new skill. Learn how much roofers make, what licenses you’ll need, and how to find clients fast.
Find home builders in
- Two Harbors
- South Range
- Lake Nebagamon
- Solon Springs
- Iron River
- Hoyt Lakes
- Moose Lake
- Silver Bay
home builders in Duluth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Case Construction1515 N 42nd Ave E
- Case Construction
- E & H Custom Builders134 E Highway 61
- E H Lawrence Co Inc101 East Iron Drive
- Empire Roofing1632 London Road Ste #1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- E & H Custom Builders
- Fusion Finishing LLC.17135 Bison St
- Fusion Finishing LLC.
- Iverson Construction5857 Hwy 73
- Iverson Construction
- J & R Sundberg5904 McQuade Rd
- J. Benson Construction3230 Gorham Ave
- JAY LITMAN CONSTRUCTION REMODELING & HANDYMAN SERV5224 WASHBURN RD
- JOHN LUCIA CONSTRUCTION llc8835 PEQUAYWAN LAKE ROAD
- JUTEN GENERAL CONTRACTING3559 EMERSON RD
- J & R Sundberg
- Kaski Inc2711 Courtland St
- KNUTSON CUSTOM CONSTRUCTION416 Maple Grove Rd
- Knutson Custom Construction, LLC408 E. Oxford
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Korby Construction Inc30 Timberline Dr
- Koski Concrete & Construction, LLC11920 Appaloosa Pass
- Kaski Inc
- Odin Construction & Design2119 W 7th St
- Odin Construction & Design
- RCJ/Ryan Jackman LLC
- RCJ/Ryan Jackman LLC
- TERRY DAVIS CONSTRUCTION325 East Gary St.
- The Carpentry Works LLC1330 Missouri Ave
- Tony Platcek Construction331 3rd Ave
Two Harbors, Minnesota
- Torgersen Construction1252 Airport Rd
Two Harbors, Minnesota
- Tri State Builders Supply Inc2701 Courtland St
- TERRY DAVIS CONSTRUCTION
- Under Construction4827 Tioga St
- Under Construction
- William Freeberg Construction LLC4379 15th Street NW
- William Freeberg Construction LLC
- ZIERDEN BUILDERS4571 MARTIN RD
- ZIERDEN BUILDERS