Have you noticed an unexpected water bill? Your meter might be to blame. This checklist can help you inspect your water meter to make sure it’s in working order.
Get matched with top Plumbers in Amboy, MN
There are 6 highly-rated local plumbers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Plumbers Reviews in Amboy
- Lawson Family Plumbing IncThey were very easy to contact. I was very happy with the work done. The pricing was excellent. I was very happy all around.
- Randy's Plumbing & HeatingThey did a great job, efficient, professional, they got my system running in minutes. I highly recommend them.
- Complete Basement SystemsThey came when they said. They covered carpet & furniture. They worked late & were fast. They stayed lat the 2nd day & called in more crew to finish. They cleaned p after themselves. Were courteous & business like. We were very impressed with the company & how fast they were and the good job they did
- Westman Plumbing IncI made a Big Deal purchase with them. It was good. Their price was average. One person came out and it took him less than an hour to complete the service. With plumbing, every job is different but their price seemed reasonable to me. There was one little hitch but it wasn't a big deal.
- Flo-Rite Plumbing LLCTim Dorn was very professional, on time, and didn't charge too much. Everything works perfectly after that. He did a great job.
- Jordan Plumbing and Heating LLCWell, the fittings they used between the old pipe sections and the new pipe section also leaked. They came out again in a timely fashion and tried different fittings which worked well.
- Jordan Plumbing and Heating LLCTechnician was called to fix one known burst pipe but showed the initiative to check for more in other locations. He did find another and in doing so prevented what would have been a catastrophic level of future damage. Repairs included an elegant solution for concealing the access hole that had to be made in a ceiling, something that was also entirely at the plumber's initiative. One repair failed and required a callback, for which they mistakenly billed us, but that was corrected when brought to their attention. This is the only reason for the B in Quality. Otherwise it would be an A. I've recommended Jordan to others and received only positive feedback, including from one relative who's picky and who's a contractor himself and knows good and bad work when he sees it
- Schwickert's a Tecta America CoThe plumbing was rerouted since the original job done was having exit route too high. It took creative thinking to correct it and the whole experience was great. Same with all other items. The roof was the best suggestion as it proved the damage was minimal and they didn't charge me to review it. Very happy with all their people and technicians
- Jordan Plumbing and Heating LLCI would gladly call on Jordan Plumbing and Heating again. They were punctual, were able to deliver same day service, and very professional and courteous.
- Spear Plumbing and HeatingOur water heater developed a leak. Spear Plumbing and heating was the contractor currently being used by Center Point energy. The installer called and made an appointment for the next morning. (The leak was bothersome but not an emergency). He showed up on time, was very knowledgeable and professional, was neat, and very quick. He had us up and running in 2 hours. As per the deal he drained and removed the old tank, used copper pipe in replacement areas, and brought the installation up to code which it hadn't been. When he was finished he went over everything. He showed me what he had done to be sure we'd pass the city inspection, he went over the features of the tank, and explained the electronic thermostat and maintenance procedures tat I will perform. Overall the guy rated a perfect 10! Before any craftsman comes to your home, particularly the basement, be sure that the way is clear. He needs to be able to navigate your steps and needs room to work on the water heater, furnace, etc. also, a lesson I learned along the way is that although the guy may like company at the bar he prefers to work without you looking over his shoulder
Plumbers in Amboy
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:I chose Executive because the reviews were excellent. Their rates were very competitive, in fact better in most cases. From start to finish this company performed like the well oiled machine. The reviews were spot on. They found a reputable carrier within 3 days and my car was picked up 3 days later! The carrier actually arrived one day early, loaded my car with care & delivered it one day early to Santa Fe. It actually arrived before I did! I was prepared for standard the 7 to 14 day wait and I understand this timetable does not always come together but it did for me because Lori & others @ Executive made it happen. My friend accepted delivery of the car and told me the boys who delivered it were extremely cautious unloading my car and very professional. I could not have asked for a smoother transition and I’m so pleased I did not have to navigate this on my ownBonnie W.
- Business Description:McGowan Water Conditioning has been So. Minnesota’s water treatment and water quality solution expert since 1955. McGowan sells, installs and services both residential and commercial soft water treatment equipment. Our knowledgeable staff offers the best variety of water treatment products and soft water services available for your home or business. Our services and products include: air purification, water softeners, water softener repair, water filtration systems, reverse osmosis water syst..Recent Review:<p>Very reputable. Units aren't cheap, but they hold up. We rented our unit for years, then purchased it. Has worked great to date.</p> <p>Date I listed above is approximate, but quite awhile ago.</p> <br /James L.
- Business Description:Great Lakes Home Renovations has been exceeding the expectations of homeowners in the Twin Cities and beyond since 1995. Visit our showroom in Apple Valley to learn more about Window, Door, and Bath Remodeling options. Of course, we also love visiting your project; in-home inspections and design consultations are always free. All of the products we feature come with a lifetime warranty, are low maintenance and easy to clean. We won't install anything in your home we wouldn't put on our own ..Recent Review:In May of this year we had Great Lakes Home Renovations replace the aging shower stall in our upstairs bathroom. Despite scheduling challenges presented by COVID-19 and an incorrectly measured shower pan (which had to be re-ordered), we are pleased with the results. Ben and crew were very polite and respectful to our COVID-19 concerns and performed their jobs quite well. Whenever I had a question, Ben answered it thoroughly. He also sought our input when needed which I appreciate. Ben did a very good job finishing the project and left the worksite very cleanMary S.
- Business Description:Angie's List Certified. Since 1977 we have been waterproofing basements. Our water control and wet basement repair services have given homeowners greater peace of mind. We have worked on more than 40,000 homes and businesses and installed more than 2 million feet of drain tile. Our award winning and experienced team -- 50 employees, many with 20+ years of experience -- know how to get the job done right. May contact through email, email@example.com or 800-978-7867Recent Review:We have a small very old basement with steep steps. The crew did an amazing job getting all the dirt and concrete out and the rock in. I was impressed with how clean it was afterward, given the nature of the work. They were very knowledgeable and took time to explain whatever I didn’t understandJustin B.
- Business Description:Bath fitter is north America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub to shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality. Additionally, we make it a priority to stay on top of the latest consumer trends in bathroom design and bathroom renovations to consistently meet the ..Recent Review:Scott was very helpful with the planning process. He made suggestions on creating a new shower that fits with our older home. Dan did great work removing the old and installing the new. He was on time, finished on time, and cleaned up everything before leavingAnne B.
- Business Description:Locally owned & operatedRecent Review:He is really good at what he does. He charges like half the price compared to four other plumbers I received estimates from. He gave me the estimate within two days when others gave it to me within a month and a half. He said that since I was installing the bathroom for my mother who is elderly I should give him a two day notice period to perform the work. He is really friendly and personable. He helps me out if I want to do some of the work myself. He does this to help me cut the cost by explaining how to do it. He is a down to earth and all way round nice guy. I would use him again in the futureMarie D.
- Business Description:Complete Basement Systems is a family owned & operated business with approximately 35 employees. Since 1991 we have been part of the Basement Systems dealer network and have thousands of warrantied customers. No subs. We offer Free Estimates. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service area includes entire Twin Cities Metro Area and Southern Minnesota. License: #BC143377. Financing available. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning service provider. Contact us at 1-800-63..Recent Review:I was disappointed in the beginning when I didn’t receive a response from the sales rep after 3 contact attempts. It turned out he left for another job. The reason for us hiring them is because we really liked his business ethics and trusted him based on his military background. They office staff was very professional in handling the matter and reassured me the work would be complete to high standards. I wasn’t present but my husband said they were very professional. They worked hard to keep things clean and were accommodating to the needs of our pet birds who required that the furnace remain on. However I’m dissapointed that they did not discuss if they completed the radon testing or not like they said they would. The only other issue is that we did financing through them and they needed a paper signed. Instead of leaving the dorm with us the first day to give them the second they gave it to us the second day which meant my husband had to take more time off to drive to my work to have me sign it then drive it back to them before returning to work himself. I’m not 100% sure if I’d hire them again. It depends on if we find out if they did the radon testing or notLindsay R.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:The heater they supplied was a good one. However, they sent an inexperienced repairman to replace the heater. He slipped and fell through our newly remodeled bathroom. The company repaired the hole in the wall with the wrong texture and then wrong the type of grout. We are going to have ceiling repaired by a company recommended by the my daughter who works for one of the largest builders in the country. I have cancelled my service with the warrantee company. I now have to pay an additional $150.00 to have the ceiling refloated and all the wrong grout taken off and replaced with the correct type. <br /> <br /> *In response to service provider response: We hired 1 contractor that they recommended. He came out and said that he did a lot of work for High Tech. He fell through the ceiling that same day. We called High Tech the same day. They wanted my husband to go up in to the ceiling to get a model number. He is 79 years old and could not do that. We then had to contact a different service provider and pay an extra $150.00June G.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:I waited a month before getting a test kit I called and was told there was something wrong with the Angies list orders but that I would be receiving a kit soon. It wouldve ben nice if they called me to tell me that though. The test results were quick and on par with other radon test I had done locallyJonathan V.
- Business Description:Full service plumbing company providing plumbing services from service and repair, to new home installation of plumbing systems, bathroom layout and design. We work with local wholesale companies to provide quality plumbing fixtures and products for your home
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plumber articles
The holidays can be hectic, so you don’t want to end up scrambling in case of an emergency. Here’s how to prepare for medical and maintenance emergencies.
Is your drinking water free of lead? If you have brass or copper pipes, it might not be. Find out how to check your pipes for lead.
Find Plumbers in
Plumbers in Amboy
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A&M Plumbing & Heating61583 230th St
Madison Lake, Minnesota 56063
- A&M Plumbing & Heating
- Bath Fitter2500 Cleveland Ave N Suite 1
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55113
- Bath Fitter
- Ed's Plumbing43495 261 Ave.
Cleveland, Minnesota 56082
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Ed's Plumbing
- Flo-Rite Plumbing LLC206 Weaver St
Mankato, Minnesota 56001
- Flo-Rite Plumbing LLC
- Great Lakes Home Renovations14690 Galaxie Ave Ste 100
Apple Valley, Minnesota 55124
- Great Lakes Home Renovations
- Lowe’s Plumbing215 Maxfield St
Mankato, Minnesota 56001
- Lowe’s Plumbing
- McGowan Water Conditioning Inc401 Eleanor St
Mankato, Minnesota 56001
- McGowan Water Conditioning Inc
- Pro-services Llc265 Silver Lake Rd NE Unit 101
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55112
- Pro-services Llc
- Tim's PlumbingP.O Box 302
Saint Peter, Minnesota 56082
- Tim's Plumbing
How much does a plumber cost?
Answer: The cost of a plumber ranges from $175 to $480, with a national average of $330. However, the price will vary depending on job complexity, timing, location, supplies and materials, permits, and level of expertise. These costs typically include toilet repairs, faucet installations, and leaky pipes. In addition to the service call, you may also need to budget for haul-away and trip fees often required during more complicated jobs. Ask your local plumbing contractor about these fees before hiring them.
How much does a plumber charge to replace a toilet?
Answer: On average, you can expect to pay your local plumbing contractor between $125 and $230 to replace an old toilet, with most residential homeowners paying around $150 to $180 for professional installation. You’ll need to consider materials and labor when calculating a final price. Not all toilets are equal. Depending on the brand you choose and the features you want, a new toilet might run you anywhere from $100 to $1,300. Add in the price of labor and installation, and your total project can jump up to $200 and $1,500.
How much does a plumber cost to fix a toilet?
Answer: According to our service providers, it costs roughly $75 to $200 on average to have your toilet repaired. However, this price will vary depending on the complexity of the job and the materials needed for the fix. Repairs can be messy and less-than-pleasant to address, but having a functioning toilet is most definitely necessary. If you’re experiencing problems with your toilet, contact a local, reputable plumbing contractor right away, as avoiding repairs can lead to bigger—and more expensive—issues over time.
Is liquid plumber safe for septic systems?
Answer: Good news! Liquid-Plumr® is safe for septic systems. Most drain cleaners disrupt the pH in your septic tank, which prevents the good bacteria from breaking down septic waste. The chemical make-up in Liquid-Plumr® works with the bacteria to break down waste quickly without harming your septic system. Still, it’s best to confirm with your local plumbing provider if Liquid-Plumr® is the right solution for your system.
How much is it for a plumber to unclog a toilet?
Answer: Even the most well-maintained toilets experience clogs. It’ll cost you an average of $200 to $700 to unclog your toilet. Severe clogs will require a more comprehensive repair method, so check with your local plumbing contractor to determine the best approach for unclogging your toilet.
Is Liquid-Plumr®, or any other liquid drain cleaner, safe for septic systems?
Answer: Yes and no. Liquid-Plumr® and other drain cleaners are most effective when used sparingly (one to three times a year). Repeated use of liquid plumber on drains could deteriorate your pipes and cause more damage. If your pipes clog frequently, put down the liquid plumber and call your local plumbing contractor immediately.