Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Livonia, MI
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Livonia
- Galley Construction Co.,Inc.From beginning to end, the process was organized and painless. Rob answered all of my questions and was completely professional.
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCWe had never contracted for surveying services before, but Nowry & Hale made the process easy. We secured estimates from three companies; the other two included services we didn't need, were much more costly, and were not available for timely scheduling. Nowry & Hale was responsive, matched their services to our needs, offered competitive fees, provided a formal proposal, and scheduled in a timely manner. The crew arrived as scheduled, and did a great job - the survey tech thoroughly explained the process, and the crew clearly marked the boundaries we needed. We would hire this company again
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCVery professional and prompt land survey service. They showed up when they said they would, got right to work, and made sure I understood the boundaries of my property before they left. Also, they were charging nearly half what the other 5 land survey companies were charging. The closest to Nowry & Hale wanted $900 for the same service, and the rest were over $1000
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCInitial contact was via Nowry & Hales "contact us" link on the internet. A representative called back within a few days to discuss the type of survey they do, how the find the property lines and exactly how they will mark the lines. We made an appointment for July 16th and when we came home our 4 corners were marked with a metal rod/yellow cap into the ground as well as a wood stake indicating "corner marker". They also put wood markers labeled "property line" approximately every 20-30 feet down each side of the house. It was discovered that part of the neighbors fence impeded upon our property and Nowry & Hale specifically indicated this on the official survey document. This enabled us to have the city instruct the neighbor to remove his impeding fence. It was also discovered that the property lines were NOT where either neighbor said they were. With our official survey we were able to easily obtain our fence permit from the city and the fencing company we used had clear markings to install the fence
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCHe was quite pleased with the people. In fact we've got them coming out again next week some time to resurvey the property because we are buying some extras. They surveyed our property and we found out that the border was different than what we thought, so the lady next to us is going to sell us some land. They have to resurvey it so that we can get a legal description and buy the land that we thought was ours initially. My husband said that it was a good price and that they were fast. They are very pleasant to deal with. They did great on the actual job. They are giving us a great price on the resurvey too that we have to have
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCNowry & Hale were GREAT!! I would definitely call them back to do surveying for me again. I recently bought my house and am looking to fence in my backyard (I have a dog). Instead of placing my fence all willy-nilly, I wanted to make sure I was placing it on what truly was my property--I didn't want to encroach on my neighbors. I had called a total of 3 companies for estimates, and not only was Nowry & Hale prompt in getting their estimate to me, they were the only one to even bother calling me back!! (Apparently my job was too small for the other companies I called or something...) I went with them because their quote seemed reasonable and was significantly lower than what I had expected. They also had such great ratings here on Angie's List that I figured I wasn't going wrong. Michael was able to come out only 3 days after I had said I'd like to go with Nowry & Hale, and he was wonderful to work with. He and his other co-worker showed up a bit earlier than expected due to a cancelled job in the area, and in a matter of an hour they had my entire yard sighted up and staked out. When they were done working, Michael took the time to walk me around and point out all the corner markers. He also made it a point to show me where there were any buildings, trees, or fences encroaching on my property--and there were a couple! Those pesky neighbors....tsk, tsk. A week or so later, a very nicely done drawing of my land survey was mailed to me. Now I can get on with putting up my fence and I know that it's truly going on MY property. Thanks Nowry & Hale
- Louis Cantor CompanyThey were very effective and excellent customer service. They made sure I understood everything going on and the price is affordable. I would highly recommend these guys to do work for you.
- Louis Cantor CompanyI've been dealing with Jesse the whole time. He was professional and courteous. We contacted the company through phone and then followed on emails. Email responses were very quick. The quoted price was about $100 higher than other surveying or engineering companies but Louis Cantor were available to perform this job on a Sunday on a quite short notice. They arrived about 10 minutes earlier than scheduled and when we got there they have already started working. They were very nice people, easy to deal with. They answered all of our questions and were patient to explain exactly what are they doing and why. The survey plans contain exactly what we wanted. We received 3 copies plus a scanned copy in the email. The downside was that they misspelled my middle name and a dimension was wrong. This rendered the survey useless in a Court so they had to revise it and send us another set. What I didn't like is that the revised copy was not re-printed as I was expecting but rather they have used BIC Correction tape, typed the correct middle name and dimension on top, wrote "revised" and then photocopied. They also said that the DWG drawing file would cost extra if we wanted it. Overall, I think they did a good job in the field but they needed to pay a little attention at the drawings. I appreciate their effort to correct the mistakes so they deserve an overall A
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCTimely response and very competitive price. Provided the write up and survey very quickly and stayed after work to make sure I could pick it up.
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCGreat! Contacted them by email was very prompt and efficient. A serevice date set up. The men arrived and completed the work, answered my questions. I encourage others to use this company.
Last update on October 20, 2022
Land Surveyors in Livonia
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Find land surveyors in
- Garden City,
- Farmington Hills,
- Dearborn Heights,
- Lathrup Village,
- Oak Park,
- Bingham Farms,
- Beverly Hills,
- Walled Lake,
- Wolverine Lake,
land surveyors in Livonia
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Advanced Surveying & Mapping,LLC54256 Maple Creek Ct.
Utica, Michigan 48316
- Advanced Surveying & Mapping,LLC
- BOSS ENGINEERING3121 E GRAND RIVER
Howell, Michigan 48843
- BOSS ENGINEERING
- Coleman Land Surveying PLC4301 Saline Waterworks Rd
Saline, Michigan 48176
- Coleman Land Surveying PLC
- Flint Surveying & Engineering Co5370 Miller Rd Ste 13
Swartz Creek, Michigan 48473
- Flint Surveying & Engineering Co
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLC192 N Main St
Plymouth, Michigan 48170
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLC
- Powell Engineering & Associates LLC4700 Cornerstone Dr
White Lake, Michigan 48383
- Powell Engineering & Associates LLC