Pool Busters

Founded 1990 • With Angi since May 2013

In Ground Pool removal...

The Junkluggers of A2 & Novi

Since our founding in 2004, The Junkluggers has been an eco-friendly junk removal company committed to the environment and the communities we serve. The amount of household and commercial waste that ends up in landfills on a daily basis is astronomical. We believe that a lot of this is avoidable, and with just a little attention to detail - and a lot of love for our planet - we can help reverse this growing problem. We provide sustainable disposal services for homes and offices large and small - as well as unwanted items of all kinds. Our team of friendly professionals removes your junk and donates it to local non-profits and charities. Anything that cannot be donated or repurposed is carefully broken down and recycled, if possible.

Offers by The Junkluggers of A2 & Novi on Angi
1-866-XS-TRASH LLC

XS-Trash prides itself with Trust! Trust is a very important factor for our company especially when entering peoples homes. Its mandatory to do a background check on all XS-Trash employees before hiring for our customers comfort and Trust! XS Trash is your #1 Solution in residential and commercial full service junk removal. Whatever it is, we will remove it. PLEASE NOTE OUR MINIMUM CHARGE FOR FULL SERVICE JUNK REMOVAL IS $450. We clean out garages, basements, homes, attics, retail sites, offices, rental and vacant properties, storage units, hoarder homes, barns, sheds, tear-downs including yard and construction debris, furniture and appliances, electronics and automotive scrap, and just about anything else you can think of. We also offer dumpster service. We are a family owned business with years of experience and an impeccable customer satisfaction record. We are an eco-friendly company, recycling and/or donating, with competitive rates, free same day estimates with no obligation, and honest, yet efficient uniformed employees. We service most areas throughout Michigan. Fully licensed and insured. We accept checks and all major credit cards Call 1-866-XS-TRASH now and let us do your dirty work!!

Offers by 1-866-XS-TRASH LLC on Angi
Detroit Junk Busters

We offer hassle-free junk removal and dumpster rentals. Based in Detroit and the owners live in Detroit. We take pride in cleaning up our city in a responsible way. We are a family owned business. We will clean up your junk in a timely and efficient manner. We donate as much as possible and we strive for customer satisfaction 100% of the time, we would be happy to give you a tax deductible receipt for your items donated. . With years of experience, we will make your next cleanup project go as quickly and efficiently as possible, whether your taking out a few items or doing a whole house clean-out, let our experienced team do the heavy lifting. We offer residential and commercial services in the Detroit Metro area. We offer 10 yard, 20 yard, and 30 yard dumpsters, driveway friendly and roll off dumpsters available. We accept cash and all major credit cards.

10/26/2017

Jay P.

We were originally scheduled for an early December job, but a slot opened and we were inserted two months earlier. Doug and his crew showed up early in the morning on the first day to drain the pool and begin tearing down the safety fence, removing accessories and making way for the machinery to gain access to the pool area. Once everything was cleared, a bobcat and a backhoe were used to remove the concrete and break up the marcite as necessary to meet code. All waste and concrete remnants were hauled away. Day two involved filling the pool after approval by the town inspector, then putting down topsoil and seeding the area. The entire job was completed in two days. Now, three weeks later, the seed is sprouting with an expectation that the lawn will establish well next spring. All in all, it seems that Pool Busters did a great job! The final proof will be seeing how much the pool area settles after the winter season. So far, so good after a couple of saturating rains.

Description of Work
We needed a 50+-year-old marcite pool removed.

Category swimming pools

[Member Name Removed], Glad to hear the new lawn is coming in! Thank you for your review. If you have any issues with settling, please give us a call and we will come out and take care of it free of charge as that is always our policy.

06/23/2017

David C.

This is an update to the review I submitted previously. As mentioned in that review, I noticed some settling in the pool area about two-weeks after the work was completed. I contacted Heather and she agreed to have topsoil delivered the following spring to fill-in the settled area. I also asked that the topsoil be put in the driveway so I could wheelbarrow it to the backyard myself, since I didn't want to have to re-repair any yard damage caused by the machines. Heather agreed, and true to her word had the necessary topsoil delivered in late April. I have since filled-in and seeded the area. I am very satisfied with the service I received from Pool Busters, and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Remove a 16X32 in-ground pool with vinyl liner. Work was done in September, 2016.

Category excavators,pool cleaners,swimming pools

11/22/2016

David C.

The guys did a good job, especially given the fact there wasn't much room for them to maneuver their equipment. Both men (Doug and Mitchell) were personable and very good at what they do. After a rainstorm, a couple of weeks after the job was finished, I noticed some settling in the center of the work area. I was surprised, since settling doesn't normally happen that soon, if at all, so I took a couple of pictures and emailed them to Heather, the owner. I suggested that I could use a few yards of topsoil to fill in the low area myself and that I would prefer to wait until next spring before doing it in case it settles more. She responded immediately, saying she would have 5 yards of screened topsoil delivered to me next spring. Exactly what I wanted to hear! I'm very satisfied with the job and the response to the problem. I highly recommend Pool Busters to anyone who needs a pool removed with as little 'pain' as possible.

Description of Work
Remove a leaking 16 X 32 in-ground pool.

11/21/2016

David C.

Description of Work
Remove a leaking 16 X 32 in-ground pool.

01/04/2016

Allen P.

The entire experience with Pool Busters was first rate-timely and quality performance of all aspects of the contract, done with a committed and caring attitude. The project was started before the scheduled date, and was completed in approximately three working days, including all necessary clean-up. I have been dealing with contractors of all types in my profession for more than fifty years, and this was one of my very best experiences.

Description of Work
Complete removal of reinforced concrete in-ground swimming pool, including adjacent sidewalks and brick walls, regrading of back yard, with topsoil and grass seed.

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

11/30/2015

leslie L.

This job was a flop from the get go and, ultimately, the contractor did not satisfy the contract. After many, many attempts to resolve the issues, we were forced to take it to small claims court. After we were successfully awarded a default judgment, they still refuse to reimburse us the cost to complete the job per the district's court order. This horrible experience left us with a denial of final approval from the city inspector which we got months later, days after paying someone else to remove 2 ft deep of dirt/clay/debris/stones and replace with top soil at our additional expense. They damaged gutters which is causing additional issues to the house as it rains/snow melts and only partially removed a patio that we had to finish. We had to rent a power washer to clean the drive and street after them during a summer holiday, hound them to come back and waited for them only to not show up for agreed upon appointments. Luckily, we have the texts and pictures to prove this. Looking deeper into the company and owners revealed a questionable background (do your research-city, state and county websites!) despite the references (provided by them, of course) having positive things to say which was very misleading. They left us with a handshake and a smile to take their word as being an ethical contractor who would make things right. And we took it in the shorts as they got away with cash in hand.

Description of Work
Hired to remove a 33k gallon in-ground pool, pull necessary permits, satisfy city code, replace with fill dirt and top layer of topsoil.

Category hauling services,swimming pools

10/27/2015

Robert L. B.

Heather, Doug, Mitch, Dan, Mike, and Duane, all were excellent and amenable to work with. They were graceful with a couple of challenges that we all worked-through well together, tree-in-the-way and next-door neighbor encroachment. My wife and I were very pleased with their informative and helpful professionalism, from quoting through demolition / removal. My wife was especially impressed with their careful respect and treatment of our home and property, including care around landscaping to complete clean-up and removal of all debris and remnants. We gladly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
\_21Sep15, Mon PM – brought in Excavator \_22-25Sep15, Tue-Fri – Doug started early AM, opened fence, started busting pool. Wed= finished pool busting Thu-Fri= wait for Inspector, ~1:30pm EDT, OK’d hole; beginning filling late Thu thru Friday, 18 gravel train loads, Mitch= a Bobcat Maestro; late Friday 2 x Black Dirt Top Soil (+$600 extra for 2nd) + Grass seed & straw. \_26Sep15, Sat AM – Mitch & Duane came early ~7:30 am EDT and took the 2 x Bobcats, returned for the Excavator = *DONE*

Category excavators,hauling services,pool cleaners,swimming pools

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your pleasant review. We enjoy our work as well as the challenges that it sometimes brings! Also, thank you for posting the great pictures. Enjoy your new back yard!! Doug, Heather and Crew

10/21/2015

Janet E.

It was ok, but there were a few problems.

Description of Work
Dug out and filled the pool.

05/30/2015

JEFF S.

They were very knowledgable and professional. Their recommendation to utilize a different method with my concrete, rather than removal, will save me ton of time and money. It is rare to see this type of honesty in the world of contractors. I appreciate their time and the solution they provided.

Description of Work
Pool Busters came out, same day for quote. Even on a holiday!

10/09/2014

Candace A.

Pool Busters did an amazing job in completing the difficult removal of our pool. In addition to doing a great job in removing what had become an eyesore especially in the winter and giving us back a beautiful green back yard, they were professional, nice and easy to work with. They clear in setting expectations for the project and daily work. Pool Busters, handled all of the permitting and inspections. They brought in all of the equipment needed to remove and haul away the pool materials, concrete, rebar and drainage. The coordination of delivering and speed in replacing the hole with fill dirt was impressive and made the job go very quickly. They then added top soil in preparation for landscaping. They cleaned the work site at the end of each day, including sweeping a neighbor’s driveway. This was not an easy pool removal due to the size and location of the pool and we were prepared for the worst; noise, mess and impact to the surrounding landscaping. Although it was a big job with noise and mess, Pool Busters did an outstanding job in minimizing the mess and impact to the existing yard. The result after a couple of hectic days is a beautiful backyard that we can enjoy year round.

Description of Work
Pool Busters removed a very large in-ground pool that was showing its age. This year the heater and water pump both stopped working. After reviewing the costs associated with replacement, repairs and maintenance, we made the decision to remove the pool completely. Our pool presented several challenges, in addition to being large and 12 feet deep, it was on a lower terrace from the driveway and had a very narrow access. The week of September 22nd, Pool Busters completely removed the pool in three and a half days including the removal of all of the pool material and surrounding concrete. They then completed the backfill and added top soil preparing our yard for grass and landscaping. They completely removed the all of the old pool piping, water heater and pump.

Pool Busters

Founded 1990 • With Angi since May 2013

3061 Cooley Lake Rd.

Highland, MI 48356

Commercial & residential swimming pool removal.

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, PayPal