Pool Busters

Highland, MI 48356

In Ground Pool removal

10/26/2017

Jay P.

We were originally scheduled for an early December job, but a slot opened and we were inserted two months earlier. Doug and his crew showed up early in the morning on the first day to drain the pool and begin tearing down the safety fence, removing accessories and making way for the machinery to gain access to the pool area. Once everything was cleared, a bobcat and a backhoe were used to remove the concrete and break up the marcite as necessary to meet code. All waste and concrete remnants were hauled away. Day two involved filling the pool after approval by the town inspector, then putting down topsoil and seeding the area. The entire job was completed in two days. Now, three weeks later, the seed is sprouting with an expectation that the lawn will establish well next spring. All in all, it seems that Pool Busters did a great job! The final proof will be seeing how much the pool area settles after the winter season. So far, so good after a couple of saturating rains.

Description of Work
We needed a 50+-year-old marcite pool removed.

Category swimming pools

[Member Name Removed], Glad to hear the new lawn is coming in! Thank you for your review. If you have any issues with settling, please give us a call and we will come out and take care of it free of charge as that is always our policy.

06/23/2017

David C.

This is an update to the review I submitted previously. As mentioned in that review, I noticed some settling in the pool area about two-weeks after the work was completed. I contacted Heather and she agreed to have topsoil delivered the following spring to fill-in the settled area. I also asked that the topsoil be put in the driveway so I could wheelbarrow it to the backyard myself, since I didn't want to have to re-repair any yard damage caused by the machines. Heather agreed, and true to her word had the necessary topsoil delivered in late April. I have since filled-in and seeded the area. I am very satisfied with the service I received from Pool Busters, and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Remove a 16X32 in-ground pool with vinyl liner. Work was done in September, 2016.

Category excavators, pool cleaners, swimming pools

11/22/2016

David C.

The guys did a good job, especially given the fact there wasn't much room for them to maneuver their equipment. Both men (Doug and Mitchell) were personable and very good at what they do. After a rainstorm, a couple of weeks after the job was finished, I noticed some settling in the center of the work area. I was surprised, since settling doesn't normally happen that soon, if at all, so I took a couple of pictures and emailed them to Heather, the owner. I suggested that I could use a few yards of topsoil to fill in the low area myself and that I would prefer to wait until next spring before doing it in case it settles more. She responded immediately, saying she would have 5 yards of screened topsoil delivered to me next spring. Exactly what I wanted to hear! I'm very satisfied with the job and the response to the problem. I highly recommend Pool Busters to anyone who needs a pool removed with as little 'pain' as possible.

Description of Work
Remove a leaking 16 X 32 in-ground pool.

11/21/2016

David C.

Description of Work
Remove a leaking 16 X 32 in-ground pool.

07/14/2016

Derrick A.

Description of Work
Never called me back!

Category swimming pools

Mr. [Member Name Removed], My name is Heather and I am one of the owners of Pool Busters. Please let me know how you tried to contact us. I personally respond to each and every call into our company. I am terribly sorry that we somehow missed your call and/or message. What type of work did you need performed? We only REMOVE in ground swimming pools, we do NOT construct and install pools. Please feel free to reach out to me again if you have a need for our services.

01/04/2016

Allen P.

The entire experience with Pool Busters was first rate-timely and quality performance of all aspects of the contract, done with a committed and caring attitude. The project was started before the scheduled date, and was completed in approximately three working days, including all necessary clean-up. I have been dealing with contractors of all types in my profession for more than fifty years, and this was one of my very best experiences.

Description of Work
Complete removal of reinforced concrete in-ground swimming pool, including adjacent sidewalks and brick walls, regrading of back yard, with topsoil and grass seed.

11/30/2015

leslie L.

This job was a flop from the get go and, ultimately, the contractor did not satisfy the contract. After many, many attempts to resolve the issues, we were forced to take it to small claims court. After we were successfully awarded a default judgment, they still refuse to reimburse us the cost to complete the job per the district's court order. This horrible experience left us with a denial of final approval from the city inspector which we got months later, days after paying someone else to remove 2 ft deep of dirt/clay/debris/stones and replace with top soil at our additional expense. They damaged gutters which is causing additional issues to the house as it rains/snow melts and only partially removed a patio that we had to finish. We had to rent a power washer to clean the drive and street after them during a summer holiday, hound them to come back and waited for them only to not show up for agreed upon appointments. Luckily, we have the texts and pictures to prove this. Looking deeper into the company and owners revealed a questionable background (do your research-city, state and county websites!) despite the references (provided by them, of course) having positive things to say which was very misleading. They left us with a handshake and a smile to take their word as being an ethical contractor who would make things right. And we took it in the shorts as they got away with cash in hand.

Description of Work
Hired to remove a 33k gallon in-ground pool, pull necessary permits, satisfy city code, replace with fill dirt and top layer of topsoil.

Category hauling services, swimming pools

10/27/2015

Robert L. B.

Heather, Doug, Mitch, Dan, Mike, and Duane, all were excellent and amenable to work with. They were graceful with a couple of challenges that we all worked-through well together, tree-in-the-way and next-door neighbor encroachment. My wife and I were very pleased with their informative and helpful professionalism, from quoting through demolition / removal. My wife was especially impressed with their careful respect and treatment of our home and property, including care around landscaping to complete clean-up and removal of all debris and remnants. We gladly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
\_21Sep15, Mon PM – brought in Excavator \_22-25Sep15, Tue-Fri – Doug started early AM, opened fence, started busting pool. Wed= finished pool busting Thu-Fri= wait for Inspector, ~1:30pm EDT, OK’d hole; beginning filling late Thu thru Friday, 18 gravel train loads, Mitch= a Bobcat Maestro; late Friday 2 x Black Dirt Top Soil (+$600 extra for 2nd) + Grass seed & straw. \_26Sep15, Sat AM – Mitch & Duane came early ~7:30 am EDT and took the 2 x Bobcats, returned for the Excavator = *DONE*

Category excavators, hauling services, pool cleaners, swimming pools

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your pleasant review. We enjoy our work as well as the challenges that it sometimes brings! Also, thank you for posting the great pictures. Enjoy your new back yard!! Doug, Heather and Crew

10/21/2015

Janet E.

It was ok, but there were a few problems.

Description of Work
Dug out and filled the pool.

08/27/2015

Robin M.

Description of Work
We hired them to demolish a very large in-ground pool. They got the city permit(s) and did the job over three days, passed inspection and came out again in the spring to add additional dirt to an area that 'settled' more than expected over the winter. They worked quickly, efficiently and cautiously. They removed debris (fences, shrubs and concrete pathways) and crushed what was allowed into tiny pieces before covering the area with SEVERAL huge truckloads of dirt and topsoil. Pleasant workers. No false promises. Being scheduled so late in the year, left us with a muddy yard over the winter and spring until we hired a different contractor for that. We are pleased with the work and the results.

08/03/2015

Peter M.

Description of Work
They removed our decaying swimming pool, carted away the old pool pieces, removed the pool heater and filter, etc., saved the fence that they had to remove to access the pool so we could eventually replace it, and filled in the hole that was created. They were a couple of days late due to weather. So I counted that as prompt. We waited to review them because we wanted to make sure the ground didn't sink where they filled in the pool hole. Everything was perfect.

07/20/2015

David C.

Description of Work
I called Pool Busters on April 20 and spoke to Heather. We set up an appointment for the following day, and she arrived right on time. She looked at our pool, gave us a detailed description of what it would take to remove it, and left a written estimate. Unfortunately we have still not made up our minds whether to remove the pool or try to repair it, and hope to have that decision finalized soon. However, if we do decide to remove it, we will definitely hire Pool Busters.

05/30/2015

JEFF S.

They were very knowledgable and professional. Their recommendation to utilize a different method with my concrete, rather than removal, will save me ton of time and money. It is rare to see this type of honesty in the world of contractors. I appreciate their time and the solution they provided.

Description of Work
Pool Busters came out, same day for quote. Even on a holiday!

03/20/2015

SALLY B.

Description of Work
They removed my 50 year old inground cement pool and all the cement surrounding it, then filled and graded the yard. It is a beautiful clean canvas. It took two men three days with a small backhoe and jackhammer. They moved the cement out, packed it up and carted it away. The fill/soil is top notch and there really hasn't been much settling over the winter as I feared might happen. The only glitch was I lost electricity to my garage on the last day.

Category excavators, swimming pools

10/09/2014

Candace A.

Pool Busters did an amazing job in completing the difficult removal of our pool. In addition to doing a great job in removing what had become an eyesore especially in the winter and giving us back a beautiful green back yard, they were professional, nice and easy to work with. They clear in setting expectations for the project and daily work. Pool Busters, handled all of the permitting and inspections. They brought in all of the equipment needed to remove and haul away the pool materials, concrete, rebar and drainage. The coordination of delivering and speed in replacing the hole with fill dirt was impressive and made the job go very quickly. They then added top soil in preparation for landscaping. They cleaned the work site at the end of each day, including sweeping a neighbor’s driveway. This was not an easy pool removal due to the size and location of the pool and we were prepared for the worst; noise, mess and impact to the surrounding landscaping. Although it was a big job with noise and mess, Pool Busters did an outstanding job in minimizing the mess and impact to the existing yard. The result after a couple of hectic days is a beautiful backyard that we can enjoy year round.

Description of Work
Pool Busters removed a very large in-ground pool that was showing its age. This year the heater and water pump both stopped working. After reviewing the costs associated with replacement, repairs and maintenance, we made the decision to remove the pool completely. Our pool presented several challenges, in addition to being large and 12 feet deep, it was on a lower terrace from the driveway and had a very narrow access. The week of September 22nd, Pool Busters completely removed the pool in three and a half days including the removal of all of the pool material and surrounding concrete. They then completed the backfill and added top soil preparing our yard for grass and landscaping. They completely removed the all of the old pool piping, water heater and pump.

05/01/2013

LAURA S.

04/23/13 Crew showed up on time after making sure Miss Dig marked the gas lines and pulled the permit; the pool was 50% gone on the first day and removed completely by the second day. Removing the associated equipment and filling the hole was done on the days following. Progress was made every single day. The hole was properly inspected by the City of Sterling Heights and then filled in by Pool Busters. When the topsoil was laid, Pool Busters called me to let me know I needed more than was originally recommended. I agreed (it cost an extra $975 but was worth it) and a good quality topsoil was put in place. The first completely dry day we had after the work started was 05/01, and the contractor Pool Busters authorized to replace a section of city sidewalk was here and put in the new sidewalk panels. I am really delighted we made this decision. An inground pool is a huge expense. We spent $18,000 fixing it in 1993, and it would have cost $12,000 to remodel it this year. When we used to heat it, that cost $900 a year. We stopped doing that when the heater broke. Our sand filter needed replacing, and that would have been another $1,000. Each year, opening and closing the pool cost approximately $700, and chemicals cost us another $500 or so per year. It added a great deal to our electric bill each summer to run the pump.

Description of Work
Angie's List didn't seem to have a category for inground, gunite pool removal. I looked everywhere. Eventually, by doing a Google search, I found some information on it. All the companies I had found on Angie's List wanted me to rebuild/replace my pool, and I wanted it ripped out. I called Heather Seabert of Pool Busters (although it's listed as an LLC on the website, it's really incorporated). She visited the same day and I was given a price of $7900 to completely remove a 20x40 inground, gunite pool. This pool had a huge deck and had been there since 1972 (it was remodeled in 1993). The pool was also 11 feet deep and Roman style. A $3950 deposit secured the date. I called several of the references given and all spoke glowingly of the work. Several commented that it was messy, and one man reminded me, "This is demolition. There will be dirt everywhere." The work involved demolishing the entire patio surrounding the pool (without damaging the back patio). Part of our wood fence had to be disassembled. The entire pool, including coping stones, gunite, tile, pipes, heater, filter, pump motor, diving board, and all associated equipment was removed. This took much less time than I expected and it was less messy than I expected. There was a dumpster on my street for a week and progress was made on the job every day.

Chuck It Junk Removal, LLC

Chuck It is an insured full service junk removal company. We go to homes and business and remove items from wherever they are – attics, basements, or backyards. We remove most household items (no household hazardous waste), yard waste, and construction debris. Our jobs range from single item pick-ups to multiple truck loads. We price base on volume; meaning how much room your stuff takes up in our truck. We price based on volume; meaning how much room your stuff takes up in our truck. We operate out of an 18.5 cubic yard dump truck (It's 25% larger than most of our competitors). The bed of the truck is 12’6” L x 8’W x 5’H. Normally what I do is try to give an estimate based on what you tell me you are looking to get rid of. If it is difficult to quantify things then I like to give what I call our “milestone pricing;” what it cost for a 1/4 load ($269), 1/2 load ($399), 3/4 load ($519), and full load ($599). For reference, each quarter of a load on our truck is equivalent to the amount of stuff that would fit in a full size 8’ pick-up truck bed loaded to one foot over the bed rails. If the cost seems reasonable to you then we set a date and time to come out. Once we get there and see everything in person we will give you a hard written number and upon your approval we will be ready to load everything up. Once loaded we will donate items that are able to be donated, recycle as much as possible, and properly dispose of all other items in a landfill. If you should have questions or would like to schedule an appointment please give us a call. You can also check out our website for more information. The home page pictures may help you size up your load.

Dynamix Property Solutions LLC

Landscapes & Designs, Hardscaping, Paver Patios and Sidewalks, Tree Planting, Topsoil Delivery & Installation, Bush Trimming, Yard Maintenance & Fertilization, Mulch and stone Installation, Clean-Ups, Snow Removal, Estate Cleanouts, Moving Cleanouts, Junk Removal (building material and debris cleanup) & Hauling

Goodie's We-Haul

At Goodie’s Select Services our main goal is to do our best for you, at our best price! We offer a variety of service from Hauling junk, estate clean outs, house cleaning, preparing a home for listing, debris hauling, handyman services, brush clearing, and MUCH MORE! We do it so you don’t have to!

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, PayPal

Commercial & residential swimming pool removal.