Your front door should make a great first impression. This guide presents all the types of front doors available to purchase, from steel to solid wood to wrought iron, and also includes important tips to know before you hand over your credit card.
Get matched with top door installers in Westbrook, ME
There are 22 highly-rated local door installers.
Recent Door Installation Reviews in Westbrook
- A & D RenovationsExcellent. I would recommend Dennis and his crew to anyone. They did a fantastic job in a timely manner and helped get me and my dog reunited in our comfy new home. He also communicated with me regularly so that I always knew what was going on. Thank you Dennis!
- Sunshine Contracting CorporationInstallers arrived on time, however, the 1st guy did not speak english, so he just propped the door open and got started. 15 minutes later, 2 other guys arrived who spoke english, so I was able to communicate. Great install, and they cleaned up so well, you would never have known they were there. Love our window
- Upright Building ServicesFred did a great job on our house! This was the second time we've had Upright work on our home, and we were just as pleased as the first time. To start, our front door was extremely drafty. Fred essentially rebuilt the frame, installed our new door and storm doors, and he also used spray foam insulation to ensure that no air would be leaving or entering the house. The frame was tricky to repair because the original work was just... bad... but Fred did a great job fixing it all up. Next, he installed new flooring and trim work. Again, the quirks of an older house made the job difficult, but the end result is amazing and just what my wife and I envisioned. Fred is a personable guy and a hard worker, and next time we need work, we will be giving him another call
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsWorkmanship was excellent. Fast service. Cleaned up area when job was finished. Very professional. Would highly recommend.
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsGreat! The project went very well and we could not be more pleased. They worked with us to get exactly what we wanted and they were quick and clean. Definetly recommend and will use in the future. Prices beyond reasonable with great craftmanship! Everyone was very nice and willing to please!
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INCWorking with Dave and his crew was awesome! Dave is very honest and does quality work. The site was always left clean at the end of the day. The work done was top notch! I highly recommend Dave Johnson!!
- Upright Building ServicesContacted him on May 21 simply for a quote to replace a commercial grade steel door & frame. He didn't go by until June 3. He gave me a quote verbally on June 9 of $125/hr for up to two 8-hour days, said he could do the job the following week if I sent the money. I kept asking for an invoice, he told me he was busy, so eventually on June 19 he asked for my e-mail. When I sent him my billing info, he said he needed to go by to give me an estimate and he'd charge $340 just for that. At which point I finally realized I needed to find someone who would take the job seriously. Seems like a nice guy otherwise
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsDoug Moore is a dependable, honest hard worker. The quality of his work is excellent. He is also enthusiastic about his job. He will help you to pick out designs. He works in a timely fashion to get it done. I would definitely recommend him.
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsWork was performed efficiently and quickly. It was a pleasure doing business with Moore’s Home Improvements.
- A & H Improvements Inc.We hired Joe Fenderson of A&H Improvements Inc / AH Custom Builder Inc in Sept 2020. He was hired to install/replace 13 windows, 2 sliding doors, 1 front door, patch plywood sheathing, rewrap house, install siding, replace exterior trim, and install 12 ft by 38 ft deck. We paid our first payment to Joe and the project was scheduled to start November 2nd 2020. His crew started November 11th 2020 and worked on the project variously until February 22nd 2021. A&H completed the windows (1 leaks), sliders (1 broken frame), and front door installation, 65% of the sheathing replacement, and partially finished the interior window trim. His crew was a revolving door of carpenters. Each time a new carpenter came to the house they always had to correct mistakes the previous ones made, our front door was reinstalled 3 times. The crew damaged one of the sliders frames during the install. Which at first they denied responsibility and blamed it on the supplier of the door, when that failed they tried to say we damaged it during storage. Luckily, one of us was home the entire time and heard them break it. Joe agreed to replace the broken frame and stated he would subtract the cost out of the final payment. The laborers also wrongfully demo'd and trashed 3 windows interior trim that was not in the scope of the project. At this point in the project, we paid our first and second payment. We also had two change orders that were paid for. We made three attempts to contact Joe starting on February 22nd to coordinate a time frame for when the siding and deck would be installed. We received no communication until March 19th 2021 stating that he could not complete our project due to employee issues and could offer us a refund for the uncompleted work. We agreed on taking the refund and sent Joe a spreadsheet breaking down what we feel would be a fair refund based on work completed on March 23rd. Joe replied back on March 24th stating “The numbers seem to be in the ball park of what I was thinking but I will need to take a look at your file to compare your list to mine...tomorrow afternoon”. Joe came to collect trash and his tools from the house on March 25th. He again verbally agreed that the number we gave him was in the ball park of what he was thinking and that we would receive our refund in 1-2 days. No communication was received from Joe for 5 days, on April 1st we emailed him asking for an update. April 5th we emailed him again stating that we needed to have our refund by April 12th or we will have to escalate the situation. April 12th we received an email from Joe stating that he had family issues and that we would hear from him on April 13th. We have not had any communication with him since. We now have filed a formal complaint through the attorney general's office and are hoping that Joe will refund the money that we are owed so we can finish protecting the exterior of our house before we start to get mold and water damage. We are first-time home buyers and we had been saving up for this project for many years. To say we are upset is an understatement. We thought Joe was a good person when we hired him, but we were just hurt, devastated, and disappointed. I still hope that he will realize scamming people out of their hard earned money is not the way to make his
Door Installers in Westbrook
- Business Description:Regal Replacement Windows is a full service window company. We sell and install the best replacement windows in the industry. Our partnership with Soft-lite, Harvey, Paradigm, Marvin and Andersen assure that you receive beautiful windows with the quality craftsmanship you deserve and Energy Star performance for maximum efficiency. The choices are endless when it comes to style, color and patterns. All of our windows are American Made (Paradigm is actually Maine Made!) and have a 20 year g..
- Business Description:*FREE ESTIMATES AND INSURED* Go with Mooers! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:I was issued a contract that did not list the full details of the job requested. The contract also did not reflect Maine law regarding start dates for projects over $3000. The retainer requested was more than that allowed for by law. I requested updates to the contract and was sent pictures of notes taken in a notebook. I updated the contract to reflect the content of the photos and sent a corrected draft. I was told, "We don't have time to mess with contracts." A contract is an agreement that should accurately reflect a service expectation and state law. This was an unprofessional messMichele K.
- Business Description:Our goal is to help you through the often complex remodeling process. We have a great deal of experience in detail orientated kitchen & bath installations, structural issues as well as water damage. Check out our website for some photos. We strive to meet customers within a week of your call and a price within a week of our initial meeting. We can be reached by email at Eric@LRHiggins.com or call us directly at 207.856.2448.Recent Review:I don't give 5/5 stars on a review often, but I was extremely impressed with the work LR Higgins did on a water damage project on my house and would not hesitate to hire them again. Dean was our project manager and did an excellent job. We had damage internally from water that had seeped behind our siding which resulted in deck rot (because flashing wasn't previously applied correctly) and internal wall damage in the basement. The 3-man team that worked on the project was detail-oriented and focused on doing the job "right" rather than doing it quickly (which I greatly appreciated) but also did their best to make the exterior work blend and match the rest of the siding so it would not stand out like a sore thumb. The cost was reasonable for the work done and I felt like the work was high quality. I had unsuccessfully contacted 3 other companies for estimates before contacting LR Higgins and either wouldn't get my calls returned or they didn't show up for the estimate. Eric Higgins was very responsive via email, called me back after I left my first message about the issue, and I was in contact with him via email several times during the project. He always responded. I would definitely recommend this contractor group and use them again for work on my houseJulia M.
- Business Description:We are a construction company that serves the mid-coast Maine area. We have a large range of what we are able to do. Our attention to detail is what sets us apart. We have some subcontractors that we use in order to make jobs move faster and save our clients money. We are a very honest company and stick to our word. We have a crew large enough to handle projects or size but not so large we can not help smaller projects. We bill according to the project and require a deposit of materials plus ..
- Business Description:Clear Choice Home Improvements is New Hampshire's largest and New England's fastest growing Home Improvement Company. Family owned and operated, we provide truly personalized home remodeling services. At Clear Choice, we pride ourselves on presenting the best quality replacement windows, vinyl siding, roofing, bathroom systems, and gutter guards. Clear Choice will ALWAYS install these products in your home as if we were putting them into our own. Should those products ever need service, Cle..Recent Review:Amazing crew and good communication start to finish.Margaret T.
- Business Description:Renewal by Andersen of Portland, ME is proud to serve the window replacement and patio door replacement needs of the southern Maine area. We are the window replacement division of Andersen Windows, drawing on the Andersen tradition since 1903 of quality, innovation and craftsmanship. Our turnkey process begins with a call from you and includes a respectful in-home sales consultation, custom-manufacturing of replacement windows to precisely fit your home and installation by a dedicated team of..Recent Review:They provided outstanding service and quality in replacing every window and most doors in our home during a frigid week in March. All crew members were beyond professional and made the experience surprisingly smooth. The home is over 200 years old and required extensive work to remove the old windows and restore wood around the frames. The result was beautiful smoothly operating windows that look astonishingly close to the Colonial originals and we couldn't be happier with the result. Windows that glide open and shut and a 200% improvement in the insulation of the house! We have had so many compliments from friends & neighbors on how much more sunshine and clarity we now have without compromising the original Colonial character that we value. Everyone at the company has been a pleasure to work with and we can recommend Andersen of Portland with complete confidencewendy h.
- Business Description:A full service builder and remodel company. The client deals directly with the owner, and all of the work is done by the owner , we only use subs for utilities. 26 years experience in carpentry and remodelling. We also install tile and custom showers! All done in house! This allows us to stay consistent in our quality. Effective and constant communication plays a key role in a successful projectRecent Review:Justin (the owner) was outstanding! He was prompt in responding to all our questions and concerns. The work was completed and done exactly as he promised in the timeframe we had agreed upon. Justin’s workmanship is second to none. We could not be happier with how beautiful our new bathroom came out! We look forward to having Justin build us a new enclosed porch and we highly recommend Blue Diamond Carpentry LLCBecky W.
- Business Description:community is been serving maine since 1999. Theirs no job to small or big we get them all done.no money down paid when job completed and customer is happy.Recent Review:Larry followed through with everything, was on time, and did an excellent job. We would absolutely hire him again for additional work.John N.
- Business Description:Backshore Home Improvement, owned and operated by David Clough, is a full-line interior/exterior home remodeling contractor. We pride ourselves on quality and detailed craftmanship to improve your living environments. No project is too big or too small, please contact us to discuss your remodeling plansRecent Review:David’s team performed high-quality work on time and on budget. I highly recommend them!Nathan D.
- Business Description:Fortin Construction, Inc., started over 25 years ago, is now the largest home construction company in Maine. As Maine's premier home builder our family-run company specializes in customization. Whether it’s for a new home or a remodel, we work with you to build exactly what you want. Our in-house drafters have experience in all types of home design plans and can customize your home to your heart’s desire. We provide top quality materials and the finest workmanship at competitive prices, earni..Recent Review:Fortin Construction offers everything you need to build a new home in one stop. Budget and schedule were spot on. All materials used are name brand quality. Dedicated service guy for one year after completion is a very nice touch. Best of all Fortin was able to locate/position my home providing a bone-dry basement in an area which makes that almost impossible. Would highly recommend. Well done!Craig H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful door installer articles
There are many types of door locks available to homeowners, and each has their own benefits, drawbacks, and uses. This guide breaks down the most common types of door locks, what their attributes are, and in what cases you should consider using them.
The front door is the first thing most people will notice about your home, which is why even small upgrades can give you curb appeal a big boost. This guide lists seven changes you can make to your front door that will have a big impact.
Find door installers in
- South Portland
- Cape Elizabeth
- Peaks Island
- Old Orchard Beach
- North Yarmouth
- Hollis Center
- Steep Falls
- South Casco
door installers in Westbrook
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & D Renovations38 Middle St
- A & H Improvements Inc.37 Kennedy Dr 2078904438
North Waterboro, Maine
- A Jack of Trades615 Pond Rd
- A&A Home Improvment22 mountain view ave
- A+ Construction74 Main St.
- A+ Garage Doors26 Split Rock Road
North Yarmouth, Maine
- A-1 remodeling services
- Above & Beyond LLC524 Lincoln St
- Ace Drywall and remodeling146 west grand ave
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Advanced Replacement Windows221 Virginia St
- Airtight Window & Door9 Standish Gln
- All Season Home Improvement Co823 Church Hill Rd
- Always Somethin' Home Improvement44 Graham St
- ANDROSCOGGIN BUILDING AND REMODELING21 MAIN RD
- Anything Goes78 Pleasant Avenue
South Portland, Maine
- Aube's Home Improvement44 Towle St
- Auburn Frame to Finish55 Buckfield Rd
- A & D Renovations
- Backshore Home Improvement520 Gray Rd.
- Bagala Wood & Window Work677 Main St
- BEACH GLASS & WINDOW CO162 SACO AVE
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Beaulieu Builders56 Acorn Ridge Rd
- BECKER CONSTRUCTION6 RUSSELL RD
West Poland, Maine
- BELANGER & SONS GARAGE DOOR320 GUINEA RD
- Bios Inc17 Patrick Dr
- Blanche Builders Construction Co. 1239 Weeks Mills Rd
- Blue Diamond Carpentry152 howitt road
- BOB'S OVERHEAD DOOR CO1 Deschaine Dr
- Bonafide Builders LLC591 Poland Road
- Brown's Hill Remodeling & Construction430 River Road
- Bruce Timberlake101 Parrott St
South Portland, Maine
- Backshore Home Improvement
- campbells custom carpentry247 east ave
- Casa Pro LLCPO Box 425
- Casco Bay Roofing & Renovations39 Sumac St
- Castonguay&Son24 Fortin Drive
- CAVALLARO AUTO REPAIR959 MAIN ST
- CertaPro Painters of Maine740 STROUDWATER ST
- Classic Copper Works9443 Cossey Road
- Clear Choice Home Improvements8025 South Willow St Suite 107
Manchester, New Hampshire
- Community Home Services47 Sanford Rd
- Complete Carpentry1009 CAPE ROAD
- CONSTRUCTION CONNECTION17 Chestnut St 1
- CUSTOM EXTERIORS2044 Washington Ave
- campbells custom carpentry
- D & D Woodworks6 Laffin Dr
- D JOHNSON5500 Banwell Place
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Daddy Do List154 Old Mill Rd
- Dana Larrabee Sr. General ContractingPO Box 721
- Darling and Sons ConstructionPO Box 1301
- Darrell Davis - RRC Inc6 Nonesuch Cove Road
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INC17 LASKEY RD
- DAVE'S CONSTRUCTION & REPAIR39 SOUTH ST
- Davis & Son construction32 Libby rd
- Dews Door Company Inc199 Middle Rd Ste 5
- Dirigo Property Services LLC850 Plains Rd
- DSI Door Services Inc31 Diamond St
- D & D Woodworks
- Gary Ruel CarpentryP.O Box 1696
- Gaudet's Door INC.373 Gray Rd
- Generation General Contractring387 Goodwin Mills Rd
- Gilman Restorations5545 Bayvue Rd
- Granite State Glass - Rochester186 South Main Street
Rochester, New Hampshire
- gregsglass&glazing142 Rand Rd.
- Grenn Justice Constructions40 Pike St
- Gary Ruel Carpentry
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handy Andy & Son404 Gray Rd.
- HandyMaine364 Elm Street, Suite 119
- Handyman Services Of Maine9 Charles Rd.
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- Hardt's Construction477 Bowdoinham Rd
- HAZELWOOD HANDYMAN10 GRANITE HEIGHTS RD
- Higher Level Contracting Services, LLC.48 Dutton Hill Rd
- Holden Building & Carpentry75 Olympia St
- Home Conceptions IncPO Box 460
- HomeExperts of Maine66 Industrial Park Road
- Hometown Builders LLCP.O.Box 98
East Parsonsfield, Maine
- HORAN BROS.BUILDERSP.O. Box 188
- Hour Glass Company619 Main St
South Portland, Maine
- Humble Handyman46 Union St
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- J.A CARPENTERY106 Summer St
- J.A. Proctor Carpentry8 Coyote Lane
- jd buildersP O Box 6472
- Jeffrey R Verrill Contracting Services63 Country Lane
North Yarmouth, Maine
- Jettco Builders LLC46 Fieldways Lane
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- Jonathan Ray Antique Home Restoration1403 Acton Ridge Rd
- J.A CARPENTERY
- K & S OVERHEAD DOOR CO35 TALL PINES DR
- Ken-Do Construction204 Chadsey Rd
- Kevin Hudner485 Quaker Ridge Road
- Kinnear CarpentryP.O. Box 3655
- KLP Improvements Home Improvement Specialists213 Libby road
- Komfort Renovations99 Birchvale Drive
- K & S OVERHEAD DOOR CO
- Lakes Region Property Management, LLC715 Webbs Mills Road
- Lakes Region Property Management, LLC