Attic insulation can help keep you comfortable year-round, lower your energy bills, and provide cleaner indoor air. Find out how much attic insulation costs and learn answers to common questions about this household essential.
Get matched with top insulation contractors in Eddington, ME
There are 2 highly-rated local insulation contractors.
Recent Insulation Reviews in Eddington
- B McLaughlin Quality Construction & RenovationExcellent company! Great communication and quality of work, trustworthy people. I highly recommend this company. This house was taken down to the frame and rebuilt with new electric, plumbing, roof, insulation, windows, drywall, floors and custom kitchen. Brian and Larry were very knowledgable and always available to discuss decisions. Brian always kept me updated on progress and returned any missed calls right away. I feel as if I won the lottery in finding this contractor. I was nervous hiring a contractor for the first time after hearing many horror stories about terrible contractors from other people. This company and its people are amazing. I can't say enough about them, I recommend them to everyone for any size project, from decks, roofs to complete remodel projects you can't go wrong with B. McLaughlin Quality Construction read less
- D D Dyer ContractingI think the job went great over all, but they did not show up with everything they need to get the job done. But was able to get what they need and have the job done in the time promise. I actually gave then a tip for doing the extra things for me.
- Penobscot Home PerformanceIt was an absolute pleasure to work with Matt Damon and his work crew of three, as well as with Joseph Sewell, the electrician who was subcontracted for the electrical work involved. The work began with a thorough home energy audit conducted by Matt, using a blower door to determine the air leaks within the house. (The house was built in 1940 and was very leaky!) Matt also explained that the work I had planned was eligible for an Efficiency Maine rebate of about $1,000. (The price for the job I have cited is net after the rebate.) The energy audit was done in December and the work was scheduled for late January, the earliest date that Penobscot Home Performance was available. The work crew arrived promptly on the scheduled date and, despite snow and cold, completed their work in less than two full days. The crew went above and beyond the original specs of the job by also foam sealing leaks in the cellar along the edges where the concrete foundation meets the framing, and they even provided an impromptu repair to a broken window in the cellar. Although the loose cellulose is messy to work with, they did an excellent job of cleaning up at the end of the job. I also had the electrician install new digital thermostats, at a very modest additional cost. The whole crew was courteous, tidy, and they even put up with my dog! At the end of the whole process, Matt repeated the blower door test and determined that the energy efficiency had improved by about 30%. This verdict was borne out by the next gas bill I received after the work was completed, which reflected a 30% decrease in the number of therms used. I plan to have Penobscot Home Performance back in the spring to install new storm windows and foundation insulation read less
- R L Garside & SonHe coordinated well with the siding company that we used when replacing our siding. He was very professional and informative. He showed us the different types of insualtion and explained them to us. They showed and were finished within a day. They also cleaned up after themselves.
- R L Garside & SonIt went extremely well! On time and done right the first time. I cannot praise them enough. I would and have whole heartedly and with enthusiasm recommend them to anyone.
- B McLaughlin Quality Construction & RenovationThey did an outstanding job. On time, on budget, easily handled additional work. Very trustworthy crew, great guys. High quality work, have used them again for some roof leaks. Thanks!
- Advanced Spray FoamJust bought this home in March and noticed an ice build-up on the front eaves. Mark, one of the two owners, came over and did an assessment. He looked over the whole house before going up into the attic, and mentioned that one of the things I could do myself and thereby save some money was to put styrofoam insulation in the bottom of the 2x6 framing, sealing it with canned spray foam. He drew up a proposal for the attic, addressing the lack of an escape for the bathroom vent and pointing out that I had no way for the hot air to escape since the roof vent had been shingled over, and suggesting two gable vents. He sent the proposal to me, one of his goals being to address the problems as economically as possible. I noticed later that he forgot to include the gabled vents in the proposal, but since I had a new roof put on a couple of weeks later and a roof vent installed, it was a mute issue. A contractor going into the attic after they had finished remarked that they had done a good job ("there's insulation everywhere, and lot of it"). In the process of installing the blown-in insulation, it was discovered that insulation was completely missing from the boxed-in counter lights in the kitchen. Another contractor later said that a minimum price for what they did was about $3600, or $400 more than I ended up paying. They did the work in one day with a crew of two, and did a good job of cleaning up. I'd recommend them enthusiastically--good, honest folks, just check to make sure there aren't any inadvertent omissions in the proposal itself read less
- B McLaughlin Quality Construction & RenovationWent well, arrived to work in a timely manner, listened to our questions, came up with solutions, pleasant manner, finished in a timely manner.
- New England Spray Foam Insulation Co., LLCVery thorough given the complexity of the project. 1840 post and beam Cape with lots of nooks and crannies. Friendly professional service!
- Dave Ireland Builders LLCWas not at all responsive to telephone calls, never came to follow through never did a full inspection, and was very unprofessional. Crew actually used my washer and dryer while I was away! None of the 12 recommendations made by people who had used his services before were forthright and honest with me when I called for their input read less
Insulation Companies in Eddington
- Business Description:Efficiency Foam provides high quality installation of closed cell spray foam insulation. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today read lessRecent Review:They finished the job sooner. They were excellent and fantastic.Tim D.
- Business Description:We are a family run and owned company that specializes in cleaning dryer vents and duct work, duct repairs as well as dryer vent repair and full installations. We also seal duct work using a process called Aeroseal. We service all of Maine. We are fully insured and qualified to handle any job that you need read lessRecent Review:Mainely Ducts have the hardest workers I’ve ever seen. They’re kind, courteous and prompt! They keep you up to date with progress and make sure that everything is working thoroughly before they take off. Would definitely recommend these guys for any and all duct work you need! They also have pressure washing which is a huge bonus read lessKimi F.
- Business Description:Has your home or business been damaged by a fire? Octagon Cleaning and Restoration is your Maine source for all of your fire damage recovery needs. We offer water extraction (water removal), fire and smoke restoration, water damage restoration, water damage cleanup, and fire smoke damage restoration, as well as carpet cleaning services and commercial carpet cleaning. Our services don't stop there! Are you in need of black mold removal or air duct cleaning? We have you covered! Our superior ai.. read lessRecent Review:I called Octagon the day after we had an upstairs water leak. The next day, Octagan had scheduled a technician to assess the damage and set up the mitigation solutions to dry out the damage before mold could set in. Everyone from Octagon was friendly, professional and very responsive. If you need a fast, reliable and effective response, you will find it with Octagon read lessStephen H.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou.. read lessRecent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend them read lessGrant M.
- Business Description:New England Spray Foam is a registered Efficiency Maine Partner that services the entire state of Maine.Recent Review:It took two weeks and many calls & emails for Mark to respond to the problem of a leak in the system which caused damage to the ceilings & floor. When he called back we were told that his company didn't have the time to come out. He referred us to another company that does work for him. Two weeks later, someone came to look at the system, said they think they found the problem and told us if it leaked again to call back because we might need a new pump. Well, it leaked. We called. They didn't return the call. So, we called a local guy who was willing to come out that day. When my husband explained what we were told, he said there was no pump involved. And, he was right because with the information we got from the local guy, my husband was able to fix the problem in ten minutes. Very disappointed in the lack of and quality of service from New England Spray Foam read lessTheresa L.
- Business Description:20 years of experience building from the ground up custom homes, garages, decks, staircases, and more.... Fully insured and a leader in green energy building techniques
- Business Description:Reliable business with no hidden costs, or hidden fees. Arrives on time and performs all work with professionalism!Recent Review:Professional and high quality workmanship <br />Danny M.
- Business Description:M C Peters LLC has three employee's that have a combined experience of over 45 years. M C Peters LLC sub-contracts numerous jobs on a wide aspect from rough carpentry to interior painting and trim work. M C Peters normaly bills from the 1st and the 15th of every month (exclusions may apply) read lessRecent Review:We found Mark through the Bangor Home Show. He contacted us right away. He came out to our house and reviewed the work to be done. We sat down, he answered any and all questions that we had. He started the next week. Job was completed in 2 days. After they were through they cleaned up and also walked around the house with a metal detector to make sure they got any nails that may have fallen on the ground. We were very impressed with Mark and his crew. We will absolutely being using Mark again for our new front deck project. We highly recommend him. <br / read lessDawn W.
- Business Description:1 employee- Mortgage Documentation Specialist for the: FHA/VA Energy Efficiency Program.Recent Review:Excellent. The guy that came was so knowledgeable about his products. It's unbelievable. I thought for the quality, it was a reasonable pricing.Martha S.
- Business Description:Owner operated. We use subs for plumbing, heating, electrical & foundations. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. May contact through email or call. Free estimates.Recent Review:We hired Greg & his men to install vinyl tile in both bathrooms & our kitchen. When they came to install it Greg wasn't around to see how things were going,his workers were the only ones there. Some times he showed up at the end of the day. Well his workers were on drugs they were falling asleep trying to lay the tile (right out of it). He wasted I don't know how many tiles because he was so messed up he couldn't get the cuts. Then the guy spent more time outside people kept showing up I'm not sure if they were dealing drugs or what. It made us very nervous. Then his phone kept going off and outside he went again for 30 min. When he finally got one room done he started grouting and that was another mess it was high & low all over the place. Greg told us the tile would come right up to the cabinets, well it did not, I have a big grout line up against the cabinets it looks awful. One day his worker was so out of it I had to call Greg to come over and get him out of here I couldn't stand it any more he was messing up tile after tile. So the job that should have taken a week or so took about 2 1/2 wks. When we ordered the flooring we also ordered the matching transition strip. When they arrived they didn't in any way match the tile so we had to get something else. Greg said when I got them he'd come back and install them. I notified him in the summer and he said he was tied up until October out of state . I wasn't happy because that wasn't our agreement but I said ok. Well October came he never contacted me, so I had to hire a flooring person to install the transition strips. I recently notified Greg to ask him what happened to October and I got a song and dance. So unless you want pure agravation I would not hire his company read lessmary w.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful insulation contractor articles
Different types of garage insulation all come with advantages. The best option for garage insulation often comes down to price and existing setup. Learn the different types of insulation for your garage and choose the right fit for your home.
How much does insulation cost? The price you pay for insulation depends on a number of factors, including the type you choose, thickness, square footage of the area to be insulated, and more. Learn the average costs of insulating your home.
Find insulation contractors in
- Old Town
insulation contractors in Eddington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bragg Builders16 Harris Rd
- Bragg Builders
- Cottle & Downes Construction LLC.65 heritage park
- Cottle & Downes Construction LLC.
- GC Renovations Inc58 Brasley Ave.
- GC Renovations Inc
- Insulation Systems of Maine953 Augusta Rd
- Insulation Systems of Maine
- J.B. Johnson and Son Carpentry97 1/2 Grant Street
- J.B. Johnson and Son Carpentry
- Keyes Roofing & Construction1095 Moosehead Trail
- Keyes Roofing & Construction
- New England Spray Foam Insulation Co., LLC2195 Carmel Road North
- New England Spray Foam Insulation Co., LLC
- Penobscot Home Performance528 Millvale Rd
- Penobscot Home Performance
- Quality Insulation121 C Target Industrial Cir
- Quality Insulation
- TENDER LAWN CARE255 EASTERN AVE
- TENDER LAWN CARE