A dog fence is essential to keeping your pup safe. Luckily there are many options, from tall privacy fencing to wireless underground electric fences. This guide will help you calculate the average cost to install a dog fence.
Get matched with top fence companies in Eddington, ME
There are 2 highly-rated local fence companies.
Recent Fence Company Reviews in Eddington
- Brewer Fence CoAll the repair works went fairly well. I will use them again. It all seems expensive, but it is probably fair. I did some price comparison several years ago with another company and the other company came in hire, so I have to say, the price is fair. The crew was a little rough but they were okay. They got the job done read less
- allenfarm fence coExcellent advice, planning and execution. Punctual and polite workmen. We were very pleased with the process and the outcome.
- Brewer Fence CoExcellent service, friendly workers, material quality looks good and the fence looks well put together: straight, even and sturdy. We were so pleased we asked them to come back and do an aluminum gate for our back porch soon after completing the fence; that job was done very nicely too. The dog now enjoys the back yard and the bears will hopefully be kept out read less
- Mike ReedThis project turned out to be nothing short of a Disaster. He was hired to create a patio area around our new in-ground swimming pool that was installed this past summer and is situated at the bottom of a hill. On the day that he arrived with an excavator/digger to begin the job, both the pool contractor and I came out and told him not to fill in the creek that runs through the property and behind the circular stone bench. He did not like taking instructions from me, the female homeowner, and went ahead and filled in the creek anyway. He also failed to create a drainage system of any kind at the bottom of the hill to catch water that might come down in a storm. The first time we had a significant rainstorm, after 3 hours the mud began to breach the filled in creek and pour over the patio, through the stones in the bench and down the hill and into the pool. The pool was not just brown, it was actually filled with mud. (Our first pool party was scheduled for the following weekend and some of the youngsters present went racing down in hopes to catch frogs - it resembled a pond!). The pool contractors were kind enough to come out with an extra mega-filter and work with me night and day for more than a week to restore the pool, but from that time on we knew we had a real problem. We were unable to see the bottom of the pool for a total of 9 days. At my insistence, Mike came out with the excavator and dug out the creek, but actually asked me to pay for the machinery! In an effort to make certain that he would make good on that and his promise of sinking the pool filter blowout hose that was eroding our beautiful, old rock retaining wall, I agreed to pay for half the bill. He spent about an hour digging an unsightly ditch where the creek used to be, which compromised the new black chain link fence that he'd installed, and then disappeared. I gathered that he was racing off to another job with the excavator that I paid for. When I tried to get him to return and fulfill the second half of his promise, he kept putting me off, saying he would get to it "soon." This went on for several weeks, until I asked him if he'd rather deal with my attorney, to which he said he can now never work on my property. Speaking of the fence, he failed to use corner couplers, which makes the fence look awkward wherever it turns a corner, and there are several places where the space at the bottom is so gaping that our two large dogs can get out, and we live on a busy road. Today our old hound escaped, which prompted me to finally take this step of warning other customers. In short, this guy has a very bad attitude and business manner towards customers. His son, who is in college studying to be an engineer, and he got into a loud argument on the job one day, and the cursing and shouting could be heard all over the neighborhood. He smoked and threw cigarette butts all over the yard while he worked. He came to the back door every day asking for a check in large amounts for materials, indicating that he has no credit with the local suppliers. I told him at the end of the job that I have a policy, learned the hard way, of withholding a portion of the last payment, usually 10%, for a period of two weeks in the event that I find a problem with a job. He pleaded with me to pay in full, because he was desperate for the money, so I gave in, because it was awkward in front of his two sons. Now I have no leverage or recourse whatsoever. Even the grass seed never "took," and my mower pointed out that it had been seeded on sand, not the top soil for which I had paid. I have owned my home, which is on the National Register of Historic Places, has 32 rooms and a large carriage house on an acre, for 15 years. When I bought it, the place was an absolute wreck, and over time I have lovingly restored and improved the property to the tune of about $700,000 of my hard-earned money. I have hired virtually hundreds of contractors and workers over the past 15 years, for everything from roofing, plumbing, electricians, painters, you name it, and out of all there have been a few bad apples along the way. Overwhelmingly, however, the workers have been great, if not fantastic, and most have taken pride in their work and in helping to transform and return this in-town property to its former glory. I can honestly say that Mike Reed ranks as the WORST worker that has ever set foot on this property, from his attitude, behavior on the job and downright stupidity in ignoring our warnings about filling in a creek, for goodness sake, and providing no drainage, leading to a very expensive fix. Indeed, I have been forced to hire a Civil Engineer to deal with what he said would have been a very straightforward solution, had it been addressed while the patio and bench were being built. The Engineer and the "fix" that is now required to remediate the drainage problem come at a price tag of a whopping $14,000.00. I can not afford to fix this until next spring, so now, everytime it rains we are outside bailing mud, dragging sandbags and stressing to the max that the pool will once again fill with mud. Not to mention the spring thaw. This experience makes me wonder if the knock-down drag-out fight that Mike had had with his son that day might have been over the poor engineering of the patio, non-existent drainage system and/or filling in the creek. Later on that day Mike muttered something to me that his son was a know-it-all. Maybe he ought to have listened to him. The only reason that I did not give him a Lousy on the quality, is that the paving stones look decent, and the design aesthetically is pleasing. Another factor that induced me to pay in full on his final day on the project. The stone bench, however, is a terrible design, and the stones on top are just placed there with nothing holding them into place read less
Fencing Contractors in Eddington
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoin read lessRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks Matthew read lessTyrone G.
- Business Description:Luke's Painting Company strives every day to be the best in this industry and our customers agree that we are! We do this by treating every customer as if they are our only customer. We treat every project like it is our own personal space, leaving no mess left behind and being certain that every inch and every corner of every job is finished with precision and perfection. We have an exceptional eye for detail which is what makes us the best painters around! On top of all this we only use hig.. read lessRecent Review:Very impressive. Quality work from a true professional. I would recomend to friends and family with confidence. Looking forward to using on my future projects.Gordon M.
- Business Description:Our non-electric dog fence is comprised of 12 individual components. It is a REAL physical fence that can be assembled by any homeowner or professional installer which we can provide. Our fence acts as a flexible net that inhibits dogs and other animals from climbing. The bottom material is flared in towards you and secured with uniquely shaped ground stakes to create a dig guard. You don’t have to dig any holes, mix cement, or make any changes to your landscape read lessRecent Review:Pet Playgrounds installed a 6 foot fence in our backyard to create a safe play area for our dogs. The work was done quickly, the price was reasonable, and the fence has held up well to all kinds of weather. It is by far the best fence we have ever had, and I feel better knowing that when the dogs go outside, they are safe and secure read lessERIC M.
- Business Description:OWNER OPERATED 100% CHECKS & CASH ACCEPTED FOR PAYMENT 10% DISCOUNT FOR SENIOR CITIZENS QUALITY WORK DONE AT VERY REASONABLE RATES.
- Business Description:Canine Company is a family of pet-loving professionals who provide expert installation of the Invisible Fence® Brand pet containment solutions and training to keep pets out of harm’s way while providing their owners with peace of mind. We now offer the flexibility of eConsults done via the Zoom video platform in addition to in-home consultations. Canine Company also provides Manners obedience training to facilitate a simplified, rewarding, and lifelong relationship between pets and their own.. read lessRecent Review:So far, so good. The fencing was installed. Our dog had some anxiety after the system was turned up from training to regular level. The trainer at the next lesson was very helpful with ideas for making the dog comfortable and confident in the yard read lesselizabeth c.
- Business Description:M C Peters LLC has three employee's that have a combined experience of over 45 years. M C Peters LLC sub-contracts numerous jobs on a wide aspect from rough carpentry to interior painting and trim work. M C Peters normaly bills from the 1st and the 15th of every month (exclusions may apply) read less
- Business Description:At TLC, our mission is simple. We enjoy what we do, and we strive to provide our customers with the best in professional property care. From lawn and landscape, to construction and maintenance, we make it easy. Our teams draw on decades of experience to provide a full range of exterior services for your home. Since our founding in 1998, we’ve built our business on a fine balance between professional excellence and personal connection. We’re large enough to handle any project, but small enoug.. read less
- Business Description:Affordable Services Has been in business for approximately four years Based out of Hermon Maine and serving the greater areas. We are proud of the work and pricing we provide to the community making it affordable for all projects. We have an A+ rating on the better business bureau General construction Windows /doors siding/roofing remodels/new construction Interior/exterior painting decks/fencing drywall/trim and a whole lot more read less
- Business Description:We are a local small business that specializes in residential remodeling. The owner has over 15 years of experience in the carpentry/remodeling field. We will beat any competitors offer on a job and each month we offer special promotions for customers through our website. http://edpurdycarpentry.sharepoint.co read less
- Business Description:With more than 25 years of experience in the fence industry, our founders, Don and Ann, started the company after Don retired from being an elementary school principal for 35 years. Now, the second generation is also involved. Don and Jr. chose fencing because Jr. worked for another company for more than 40 years.When you need a fence constructed, contact ADA Fence Company. We are a professional fence company catering to clients requiring residential, commercial and industrial fences.We're fe.. read lessRecent Review:One man came in advance to see the proposed site. They scheduled as son as possible.. about 2 weeks later. The crew of 3 did a great job. <br />Sam S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fencing contractor articles
Wrought iron is classic, stylish, and regal. The total cost of installing a new wrought iron fence can vary significantly based on the size, design, and materials. This article will provide you with an estimate to help you get started.
A corrugated metal fence is a great way to give your yard a sleek, modern look while also saving a little bit of green in the process. This guide will break down the costs of building this type of fence and what you should consider before doing so.
Find fence companies in
- Old Town
fence companies in Eddington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Edward Purdy Carpentry2636 Kennebec Rd.
- Edward Purdy Carpentry
- One Stop Home Repair90 Stillwater Ave
- One Stop Home Repair
- Pet Playgrounds - West Haven48 Myrtle Ave
West Haven, Connecticut
- Pet Playgrounds - West Haven
- Superior Fence Inc.30 Industrial Plaza Dr
- Superior Fence Inc.
- TENDER LAWN CARE255 EASTERN AVE
- TENDER LAWN CARE