What’s the cost of residential excavation? Before any new build, from a basement to a pool, knowing how much an excavator will cost is essential to staying on budget. Learn pricing estimates for various excavation projects and common excavation FAQs.
Get matched with top excavators in Eddington, ME
There are 1 highly-rated local excavators.
Recent Excavating Reviews in Eddington
- BELL'S CONSTRUCTIONLee showed up the day that I called to look at the project and provided an estimate that was half the price of other quotes that I received. After telling him that I wanted to go ahead with the project, he showed up the next day to start. He was very easy to get a hold of and was very prompt. The job was completed very quick and I'm very happy with the outcome. He didn't even charge me for the labor on seeding the new lawn. I will definitely be hiring him again with any construction projects
- FROST FOUNDATIONSBrian and his crew were fast, professional and great to work with. Outstanding results at a fair price.
- HASLAM'S SEPTIC SYSTEMBob arrived the first time to find I had uncovered the wrong tank. He couldn't wait for me to uncover the correct access so he left, but returned a week later, completed the job and gave me some good advice about a riser for the tank. Overall, I will hire him again in 5 years.
- BELL'S CONSTRUCTIONThey offered the best price to have our yard leveled. They came promptly when they said they would, but did not complete all that they said they would complete. The yard still has some giant areas that puddle. Owner then came to our house and presented me a bill for almost double the price that we had agreed upon and when I agreed to pay only what we had agreed upon, he was very angry and threatening towards me. I gave him a check for what we agreed on, and never heard from him again. Lesson learned... get it in writing... always
- C A STROUT & SONSOur septic system failed and we needed it replaced. We accepted a bid for the scope of work from Ron Strout, of CA Strout and Sons. On the day the work was supposed to start, they never showed. They came the following day, and dug up the old system in the midst of a all day rain storm. The following day, nothing. After repeated calls I was informed that the ground was too wet for the heavy equipment and the solution would be for me to spent another $2,000 to have them build a temporary gravel road around my property. I asked for other options and was told 4 days of good weather would dry the ground enough for work to commence. I elected the later option. 5 sunny days later, nothing. They never showed. Calls were not returned. Even more days go by and still nothing. At this point I am angry and frustrated. I ended up finding a different contractor.The bottom line CA Strout and Sons is a sizable company. $10,000 jobs are a minor annoyance to them. They like to do the big municipal jobs but will stoop to take homeowner work if things are slow but will drop your job in a heartbeat if something bigger comes along. This is a company without any sense of honor or moral compass. I will never ever do business with this company again.The only silver lining. They agreed I didn't have to pay them anything and I found a great contractor to finish the work.S
- O'DONALD'S CONCRETE INCWell to begin I couldn't get an exact date for them to start so I had to keep my ground guy and plumber up in the air until I found out the date. 1 week after They were suppose to start I got a phone call from the customer saying that they we starting the footings and walls. I decided to stop over to tell them where I needed the bond-outs and nearly got into a confrontation with the owner because he apparently hadn't received the information from his secretary which was alredy taken care of. After they were done pouring the walls I had to wait about 8 days for them to strip the forms after repeatedly calling them to inquire about them stripping the forms to schedule my plumber and excavation guy. Finally they stripped the walls and I waited another 7 days until they finally poured the slab which took all of 3 hours-only! Moral of the story- it took almost 3 weeks to complete a 3 day job, they held up me as the G.C, the plumber, the excavation guys and concrete coring of ME. NEVER WOULD I SUB OUT O'DONALDS CONCRETE INC OR RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE ELSE. I have been a contractor for numerous years, done many jobs where a concrete sub was needed and dealt with plenty of other contractors and never been treated like the way I was this time
Excavators in Eddington
- Business Description:Holt LLC is proud to offer dump truck services. Including hauling materials to and from sites. Roll off dumpster service, Supplying aggregate of all types, Demolition and removal services. Excavating services, Forestry Mulch services. Drive way repair and installation, Fire way and excess path clearing/maintenance, Bush hog service, Brush cutting, pasture maintenance and reclaiming, Bob Cat service, Track loader service. And any thing else you can think of doing on a property or construction ..Recent Review:Everything went perfectly. I was contacted through text, my preferred method, and the dumpster came exactly when I asked for it. Ended up paying half what I was quoted from another company. Highly recommend Holt LLCDrew H.
- Business Description:THE HORTICULTURAL INTUITIVE IS A FAMILY OWNED LANDSCAPING COMPANY LOCATED IN COASTAL MAINE.Recent Review:Great, From the first consultation to the finishing touches, chris and jeff are easy to work with and very professional. Beautiful work, great craftsmen and artists in their own right.Emily E.
- Business Description:general contractor
- Business Description:25 Employees
- Business Description:We are an electrical contractor doing residential, and commercial repairs/installations. Our electrician has had his Master license since 2009 and is also experienced in motor controls and PLC programming. We pride ourselves on a quality job and happy customers. Our team is a small family owned, and service oriented. It consists of the owner Peter Starr, partners Tammy and Brett
- Business Description:FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED. ADDITIONAL EMAIL: BILLING@FARLEYANDSON.COM.Recent Review:.Dan K.
- Business Description:Top Quality Lawn Care is a service provider in Bangor, ME that provides a large assortment of services such as lawn care and landscaping. We have tools that make us incredibly efficient, such as equipment upgrades and online billing, so we can save you money while still delivering high quality services
- Business Description:Serving the Orono area since 1985Recent Review:We have been using them for years. Dana is always available and always on time. We live on a farm property and they have always done a great job. They are very knowledgeable, responsible, and reliableKatharine H.
- Business Description:excavatingRecent Review:They arrived promptly with all their equipment which was left onsite during the job. Metal was measured onsite and installed over a vapor barrier which was applied over the shingles. The job took a total of 7 days to do house, porch, garage and shed roof. They worked very steady throughout the project some days working until 7pm. What really impressed me was how they took the time to cut into the brick around the chimney to ensure the proper flashing. All areas around the yard was cleaned up daily before they left the job site. I would recommend them for any job their work was excellent!!Michael S.
- Business Description:At Central Maine Construction we provide services ranging form setting up your house lot for building to loaming to mowing lawns, and anything in between. We take pride in our work. We wont leave until our customers are completely satisfied in the work performed. Once we have completed work to customers satisfaction. Payment can be paid before we leave or we can send you a bill. If in any case we do send you a bill payment is expected to be made within 30 days of recieving bill
Explore our Solution Center for helpful excavator articles
The cost to dig a trench is relatively low, as it’s usually just the first step in a larger home project. In this guide we explain how much it costs to dig a trench to make room for things like utilities and foundations and what factors can drive up that
Call 811 before you dig in order dig safe. One call two days ahead of work can prevent injury and potentially expensive damage to underground utility lines.
Find excavators in
- Old Town
excavators in Eddington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- BELL'S CONSTRUCTION34 LEAR LN
- BELL'S CONSTRUCTION
- G Cote Construction17 Sand Rd
- G Cote Construction
- Keenan Construction213 River Rd
- Keenan Construction
- Lockharts Lawncare and Critter Removal702 main st
- Lockharts Lawncare and Critter Removal
- Maine Property Construction LLC30 Bomarc Rd
- Maine Property Construction LLC
- YARDSMITHPO Box 28