You probably haven’t spent much time thinking about bleach or refrigerated food while getting ready to move, but neither should get packed in your moving truck. Learn about this and other tips for what not to pack when you move.
Get matched with top moving companies in Cumberland, MD
There are 11 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Cumberland
- Carmack Moving & StorageI had recently retired and was moving from Alexandria, VA to a small town in WV. This was a very stressful time for me. However, Carmack made the move much easier for me. Debbie Gass, who packed me, was incredibly organized and very careful of all items to be packed including 2 china cabinets!! She was very personable and was prompt and really knew how to get the job done. I really wanted to make the move in one day and Carmack made it happen. Ernesto and his crew arrived promptly at 8 a.m. and had me loaded on the truck before noon and I was in my new place and unloaded by 5 p.m. that same day and I moved 130 miles away.. They were so professional, friendly and organized and made this one of the less stressful and easier moves that I have ever made. I would HIGHLY recommend Carmack to anyone whether moving across country or local. The office staff was great and made that one day move for me. I have had no damage to anything and my furniture etc. was wrapped and protected. Kudos to Carmack for a great move!!
- Northeastern MoversNortheastern Movers is the most honest, efficient and organized moving company that I have ever seen. They sent over four movers who were all very capable. The crew efficiently packed all our belongings before loading them onto the truck. The whole thing was done very efficiently. Even the delivery was made on time and nothing was damaged. These guys were amazingly helpful every step of the way. I will surely hire them for every future move of mine
- Mover Dudes IncIt went very well. Every communication I had with Kory was great; he was very professional, helpful, and timely. He always got back to me quickly. The quote that I received from him was fast, detailed, and ACCURATE! The day of the move went pretty smoothly. They gave us a 1-2 hour window of expected arrival time, called about 30 minutes prior to showing up, and got to work right away. There was a bit of a delay between when they were expected to arrive to deliver the boxes than when they did show up, but that could very easily have just been traffic between the two cities and wasn't very long at all. The gentlemen we had delivering and unloading the boxes were very helpful, asking us how we wanted the boxes arranged and where they were to go. They kept up with that system accurately and were very quick about setting everything up. The one hiccup I will share is that we were hoping to be invoiced for the services, and weren't. Our system doesn't really allow too easily for same day payments. But Kory did tell me this ahead of time and we also rushed up the date, so it may have been different if we had been able to wait a little bit longer on our booking date. Overall, I thought this company was very professional and everyone I interacted with did their utmost to be helpful and cordial. I never felt like they weren't trying to do their best. I will absolutely use them again in the future if we have the need, and would recommend them to others
- Mover Dudes IncExcellent – would have been perfect & saved 1 hr’s time if a smaller truck had been used for the 2 rooms of furniture – bridge issues arose, but Tyler managed it all very professionally.
- EASY MOVERS INCEasy Movers had a really great team, the guys were polite, tackled some very steep, narrow stairs in our townhome with great skill as we had several very large pieces of antique furniture. These guys worked solidly all day and it was a VERY long day for them. I would certainly recommend them to anyone as were no breakages, they took into account a request to put the rugs down first in the new home, and asked where we wanted each piece/box. I would use this team again and heartily recommend them
- Green Line Moving & StorageGreen Line - Moving and Storage gave us the best price, they gave us a price by the hour as opposed to sq footage and they had a deal that we took advantage of. They had a deal that they would move your stuff and store it for 30 days. We had a situation here, my sister and my daughter both got sick and had to be hospitalized one after the other and in the mean time, we had all these boxed packed and we couldn't move because my daughter fell sick again, so they were nice to come and pick the boxes and they are coming back tomorrow to bring the boxes and move us to our new house. They have moved our moving date probably 4 times and they were kind to do that without any fee. The movers who came to pick up the boxes were extremely polite, courteous and they were very careful and they had had to take a box out which wasn't supposed to go on and they brought it back in and were very nice. They were helpful and very nice.I would recommend them to other people too, they couldn't be nicer and professional. They were more than accommodating. There was a cluster of boxes and some needed to go and some didn't and they said thank you like 20 times. It was much better than I expected from any moving company
- Stevens Worldwide Van Linesthe guys did an excellent job--packed everything carefully, worked efficiently and cheerfully, arrived when scheduled--even came in under the original cost estimate!
- Klavuhn Moving & StorageThe two men who showed up did a very good job. They arrived early. They were scheduled at 10 am and were waiting for me when I arrived at ten minutes 'til. They were not daunted by the situation of getting the sofa through the door. I was hoping they would have wrapped the sofa in a protective tarp, but they did take care not to damage the leather furniture piece. After struggling for a bit to get the sofa into the door frame they managed to get it into the right position where they could push it through inch by inch until it was completely out the door. After that the chest of drawers seemed easy. While it's a heavy piece of furniture and the stairs down which it needed to go was windy, the two men handled it with ease. At the destination house the men were equally efficient and the process was over quickly
- Green Line Moving & StorageThey gave us a great price and came out and looked at all of our stuff. They wanted to know which area we were moving to and so it took lot longer for them to drive because we moved from Baltimore city to Wyoming, West Virginia. Wyoming is in Massachusetts, it is very mountainous with lot of hills and things like that. It took them a lot longer to pack up and load it than they thought it would. We helped them a lot and we didn’t mind and we told them we would take stuff from inside the house to the outside because it was easier that way. The truck that they bought was not big enough for the amount of stuff we had so it actually ended up costing us a lot more in the end. It took them longer to pack up than they had anticipated and they didn’t pack all our stuff although they came to the house and looked at everything and made a note of everything of all the stuff we had but they just under estimated the house. Our house is three levels and maybe it was deceptive the way it looked but I don’t know. I wasn’t trying to be deceptive and maybe it seemed liked because everything looks spread out and it didn’t seem much than it actually was. I would expect a mover to know what it was like. They were very, very quiet and very nice, very careful and very good at bundling things up and wrapping things and stuff like that making sure nothing broke. Nothing broke except for an acrylic bowler and it was $15 and we didn’t report it to them. There were some really good things and not so good things. Unfortunately too it was just hot as lazy that day and it was nice and cool all week and all of a sudden it was humid hot weather, that made it all the more difficult for them. The guy said sorry that they underestimated but will get another truck and it will be $2400. We had another mover and we got an estimate for $3800 so we thought this was a great deal but in the end we ended up doing whole lot of work and spent lot of money. They didn’t really do any packing of boxes like they didn’t take stuff out of the closets or cabinets and put them in the boxes. He took stuff off the table and wrapped them together but that is not really packing. When they got here and we had all the boxes clearly labeled as ‘blue bedroom’, ‘green bedroom’ so and so forth and everything was mixed up and everything was locked in a lump. I did call them and said what had happened and they called me back and said another truck will be $2400. They said it took a lot longer than they had expected and it was further than they expected but miles wise I told them the zip we were moving from to the zip we were moving to and the address and so on. The mileage is over 100 miles however the last 30 miles took about an hour because it is not a highway as it is ‘up and down and around the mountain’ kind of roads. I probably would use them again for local move or from Baltimore or Washington or something like that, which is closer to each other but I don’t think they expected a mountain and I will be a little better prepared and say this is what I have. I did, they came and saw and we didn’t have any real huge pieces like a giant dresser or anything crazy but it was a lot of boxes and lot of stuff. It almost was like they were trying to make up for the money they lost and I don’t know. They paid the drivers by the job or by the hour and I don’t know if they lost money but it took them longer than they said. They said it is two hours for packing and it took four hours. They didn’t have a really good price
Movers in Cumberland
- Business Description:Maryland Movers is a family owned & operated moving company based in Baltimore MD. We are proud to service Maryland, Washington D.C., & Northern Virginia. At Maryland Movers, we strive for happy customers, & want to ensure that everyone has a wonderful moving experience. Additional phone number - (301) 358-5859. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:For Long-distance piano & organ moving. We generally do not handle local moving outside of the metro St. Louis, MO area. Local #: (573) 860-6683. Additional emails: General Manager: email@example.com; Sales Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Accounting: email@example.com; Dispatch Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Operations Manager: email@example.com , In case of emergency contact Russ at 314-568-688Recent Review:The woman in the office who scheduled the move and took care of all the documents was extremely helpful and friendly. My apartment building is very strict and she worked over the weekend to ensure I had the proper COI. The men who delivered my piano were very professional and efficient. I am a petite woman and was alone when they delivered the piano and felt very comfortable with them thereWhitney K.
- Business Description:Save time and money NOW!! CELEBRATING over 15 years in Auto Transport Business!! Giving all Angie's list members $25 off on any auto transportation! Work directly with the owner, Nichole Hilton! Call or text 24 hours @ 310 686 5318. Please know you will have assistance from start to finish and we are aware of how to fulfill all transportation needs!! All insurance is included in the rates we provide. Call 888 318 0080 for any questions. http://www.hiltonautotransport.coRecent Review:It was fantastic - there was some unexpectedness that could of resulted in delays but Nicole was amazing she found us an alternate who did a spectacular job at an amazing price -and Nicole was fantastic at responding to texts and keeping us informed -highly recommenSonia A.
- Business Description:Welcome Home Moving Services strives every day to provide you the highest quality moving services in the industry. We are an honest and diligent company with only the most experienced movers. We have inherited a continued work ethic that we live by here at Welcome Home Moving Services. It is our promise to provide you, our customers with superior and professional moving services and top-rated customer service. We are directly affiliated with only A-rated carriers which gives us the best prici..Recent Review:Jerome and Adam from J & Z Moving were great. They had my stuff loaded quickly and all of the furniture fit through the doors without being broken down.Amanda T.
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:I was very pleased with the transaction. The setup of the auto pickup was easy with call to National Express Auto Transport. I got an email notification from dispatch letting me know when the car would be picked up at the dealership, and I let the dealership know. I then got the direct phone number for the transporter/driver and setup a time to drop off the car on the date promised. It was door to door service, and I felt that the driver took good care of my car. I was very pleased, and would use them againJorge S.
- Business Description:Cost is deteremined by the job. Additional email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Agent for united van lines.
- Business Description:United Freight of America is your all inclusive transport solution. CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE. please include pick up and Drop off locations and vehicle informationRecent Review:Excellent, no problems. My car was new the first year I used the service and there has never been any damage during the transports. The men picking up and delivering the car have always been pleasant and cooperative. Both Ely and Guy at United Transport has been highly responsive to my needs. I would highly recommend this companyClaudia H.
- Business Description:Excalibur Moving and Storage is a full-service moving company offering local and long-distance moving services, storage, and packing assistance. Our services are available for all residential and commercial needs and we are known for providing professional and efficient services for your needs. Whether you are moving your family across the country or you are moving your local shop down the block, we have the knowledge and experience to make your move as easy and stress-free as possible. Our g..
Deals in Cumberland for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
Find moving companies in
- La Vale
- Wiley Ford
- Fort Ashby
- Paw Paw
- New Baltimore
moving companies in Cumberland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Annapolis Best Movers9184 E Hampton Dr
Capitol Heights, Maryland
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- Bates Moving & Storage
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- Fast Motion Auto Transport
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- J-Brown Services283 Doney Town Rd
- J-Brown Services
- Legacy Moving and Storage19 E. CLEMENT ST
- Legacy Moving and Storage
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Marqc Organizing Services30 York Hill Rd
- Maryland Movers9327 Washington Blvd N Suite F
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Mover Dudes Inc1114 Fairfax Pike Suite 1
White Post, Virginia
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- My Guys Moving & Storage7517 Rickenbacker Dr
- Mansion Movers
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC
- Quick Transfer USA860 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, New York
- Quick Transfer USA
- STONEGATE DESIGNER DELIVERY, INC11942 Sherman Road
North Hollywood, California
- STONEGATE DESIGNER DELIVERY, INC
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics
- Vicky Lu's Moving & Hauling LLC12 S Summit Ave Suite 100 Office A24
- Vicky Lu's Moving & Hauling LLC