When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Osterville, MA
There are 0 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Osterville
- Sweetser EngineeringThey were here less than a week after paying the deposit. I am assume they are really busy because they came by at 4:30 and were here for a couple of hours, so clearly are working long days. The person who I assume was the owner was not very personable (maybe very shy), but they did a great job. Interestingly, I turns out that I had stone monuments at 3 of the 4 corners on my property, which they found buried under brush/dirt. The 4th monument appears to have been removed when my neighbors land was excavated. I am really impressed at how accurate surveying is in general that they can plot a corner, then dig straight down and find a monument
- Sweetser EngineeringI can not not even begin to describe the incredible level of service we received from Robin. We were in a time crunch over a boundary issue with an abutting property owner, who had already started building a deck over our property line. Robin arrived with one of his men within 3 days. I received a prompt voicemail describing the situation and what had been done. (on a Saturday). They had to drill down to install a re-bar through buried pieces of concrete. Bound recovered at front common line. New bound set midway between front and rear corners of common line. Multiple colored photos were provided, along with the report, showing the bounds at different angles. On Monday, I received an e-mail stating that Robin (knowing we were off Cape) had gone to the Town Hall and spoken directly to the building inspector
- Sweetser EngineeringThey were very nice on the telephone and scheduled me within a couple of weeks. I had a problematic property and they were able to get a report out to me fairly quickly. Their on-site engineers spoke with me and walked the property line with me and pointed out the four concrete monuments they had placed. The monuments were a hundred dollars a piece which were included in the total price. They also marked my three mid-boundary spots with a wooden stake. Their pricing seems comparable to other engineers
- BSS Design, Inc.Very easy. I scouted out a couple websites recommended by our realtor. BSS was reasonable and timely. We were in a bit of a time crunch and they accommodated us. I recommend them without qualification.
- Sweetser EngineeringThis property has been surveyed a number of times, so I got the name of them off of one of our earlier surveys. I was asking questions about the older surveys and he was able to pull some of the older stuff up. We are putting on an edition that may require me to go before the zoning board of adjustments so I had him come out and do a partial survey by citing all the buildings on the property to get all the setbacks correct. He made all the appropriate number of copies that I need to submit here in town. The work that was done met my expectations. The only issue was a little bit about promptness. I had called them two or three times to make sure that the job gets done on time
- Sweetser EngineeringI doubt that the people of this company are in possession of their wits. At least that is the only explanation I can have for their irrational - and most certainly, unprofessional behavior. I called for an estimate on a plot survey and was promised a quote a call back the next day. Nothing happened. Called again, run into a person who seemed to be totally confused with what his job requires of him. Was he drunk, or does he have a cognitive problem, is not really a concern of mine. I wasted some effort and time on this, and I am sharing this experience so that you don't waste yours
- Sweetser EngineeringPer the agreement with Sweetser Engineering I paid a retainer of $500 and the surveyor came to my property and staked the property corners. The terms of the agreement also said I would I would be sent a final bill for the balance due after the work was completed. I never received a final bill and was never contacted by phone, email, or letter and simply forgot about it. While I was away without any warning the business owner (the surveyor) came to my property and removed the stakes. Since then I've called his office 3 times and left messages but he has not responded. As the matter stands I am out $500 and the business has not even attempted to resolve the matter
- Sweetser EngineeringI had a terrible experience with this man, Robin Wilcox. When he finished the site plan, I saw immediately that he had made a huge mistake and was showing the lot to be far smaller - by more than half - than it actually is. When I pointed this out to him, and referred him to the deed showing the dimensions of the lot, he proceeded to argue with me that regardless of what the deed indicated, his plan was correct. He was intransigent to the point of rudeness. I had to get my attorney, who was working with me on another matter concerning the lot, and who had already researched the lot and its deed, to write to Wilcox to confirm that his site plan was incorrect and needed to be corrected. All of this was important because this was the plan that was to be submitted to Conservation, the Board of Health and the Building Department in town as part of the application to renovate the property on the lot. After he got my attorney's letter, which I still have, he did correct the plan, and charged another (approximately) $650 to do it, on top of the $3,000 he had already charged. I didn't think I should have been charged more, but he wouldn't release the plan until I paid the extra money. I would strongly urge anyone considering hiring Robin Wilcox to look elsewhere
Land Surveyors in Osterville
- Business Description:Sweetser Engineering has been in business over 60 years.Recent Review:I can not not even begin to describe the incredible level of service we received from Robin. We were in a time crunch over a boundary issue with an abutting property owner, who had already started building a deck over our property line. Robin arrived with one of his men within 3 days. I received a prompt voicemail describing the situation and what had been done. (on a Saturday). They had to drill down to install a re-bar through buried pieces of concrete. Bound recovered at front common line. New bound set midway between front and rear corners of common line. Multiple colored photos were provided, along with the report, showing the bounds at different angles. On Monday, I received an e-mail stating that Robin (knowing we were off Cape) had gone to the Town Hall and spoken directly to the building inspectorLinda S.
- Business Description:At Meyer and Sons, Inc we offer Design Services for both New homes, additions, remodels, and Septic Designs. We are a full service Building contractor able to manage your construction project from start to finish. We offer Property Management Services for properties on Cape Cod. Meyer and Sons, Inc has been offering these services for more than 44 year
- Business Description:Serving homeowners, builders, architects, attorneys, realtors and developers in Eastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod, Nantucket, and beyond.
- Business Description:Possible Drones offering; Photography, Aerial Photography, Aerial Videography, Drone Services, Drones in Agriculture, Aerial Mapping and Surveying, Real Estate Photography, Drone Pilot, Event Live Streaming, Aerial Inspections. Located in South Coast Massachusetts, Possible Drones is dedicated to providing you the best drone service for your budget. We’ve been striving to create lasting relationships with our customers, and guarantee that they can count on us for quality services with zero ha..
- Business Description:Professional civil, structural, and marine engineering and land surveying services for residential, commercial and institutional structures.
- Business Description:Land Management Systems, Inc. is a multidisciplinary firm engaged in the professional disciplines of Land Surveying and Civil Engineering, established in 1991 by J. Randolph Parker, Jr., P.L.S.. The firm has earned a reputation of honesty and professionalism through continued dedication and commitment to the highest standards of professional practice and individual attention to client concerns and interests as well as those of the community. Land Management Systems, Inc. specializes in envir..
- Business Description:Oceanside Septic Services, Inc. is a full service septic service company devoted to our customers. For emergency service call (508) 237-6874Recent Review:Despite the fact that I sent them the septic as-built, the guy showed up wondering where the tank was. Gave him another copy and he got to it. Did the pump out without issue and covered the hole neatlneatlY. <br /Daniel M.
- Business Description:Permitting construction projects situated near any wetland Design and implementation of landscape features such as deck, patios, walls
- Business Description:Engineering: Land & environmental services.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Osterville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- BENNETT ENGINEERING & LAND SURVEYING INC114B State Rd. PO BOX 297
Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts 02562
- BENNETT ENGINEERING & LAND SURVEYING INC
- Cape & Islands Engineering800 Falmouth Rd 301C
Mashpee, Massachusetts 02649
- Cape & Islands Engineering
- Oceanside Septic IncPO Box 201
Brewster, Massachusetts 02631
- Oceanside Septic Inc
- Sweetser Engineering203 Setucket Rd
South Dennis, Massachusetts 02660
- Sweetser Engineering