Carl F Riedell & Son Inc

Founded 1932 • With Angi since August 2008

778 Main St

Osterville, MA 02655

Family owned & operated. Customer service is a part of all businesses, but it is all of our business. Customer service is the ability of an organization to constantly and consistently give the customer what they want and need. The mission of this company when it was founded here in Osterville over 80 years ago was to serve the customers with honest, affordable and reliable service. Over the years we have made an effort to provide the best service possible to our customers. It is the people of the company that determines its success. We still remain a family run corporation with an extremely highly trained group of professional technicians. As a company, we are making a promise to consistently deliver quality service to you. Over the eighty years in business our customers have come to rely on it. Simply seeing the logo or hearing the name tells our customers the product or service is worth the investment. Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - Advanced Water Systems. Additional phone - (508) 428-1888. Award winning....

03/22/2022

Lanny E.

Professional, competence and timely service.

Description of Work
Repair and tune up my heating system.

05/11/2020

Diane O.

Very Knowledgeable. Very trustworthy.

Description of Work
HVAC Maintenance

08/24/2017

John C.

In both cases the repair person talked with us and explained options, and, given some factors in the design, both came up with creative ways to avoid other problems.

Description of Work
We've had two items so far: 1-Fix kitchen drain leak and correct pitch of drain in kitchen sink. 2-Move furnace exhaust and reposition outlet so it would be above minimum standard.

07/21/2017

Eleanor L.

The gas furnace in my newly purchased home was emitting a gas smell and had a pipe that was leaking fluid. I contacted Carl F. Riedell because they advertised they serviced my rather specialized furnace (Munchkin). I was told they weren't accepting new customers but would make an exception for me. On 3/2/17 I paid over $800.00 for the initial service which included repairing the leak and gas smell and a general tune up. Less than two weeks later there was once again a strong gas smell and the pipe was again leaking. This is my first time with a gas furnace and I was panicking that there might be an explosion because of the gas smell. When I contacted Carl F. Riedell I was told that they were still not accepting new customers and I should just shut off the furnace until I could find someone else to come out. I had assumed that because they had accepted my service call, and charged me over $800.00, I was now their customer....unfortunately not. This happened on a Saturday and I had to make quite a few calls to find someone to help me. In my opinion it wasn't too much to ask that they correct the issues I had already paid to have corrected, new customer or not.

Description of Work
Needed repair of a pipe leak and gas odor on a gas furnace and have a general check up.

06/17/2017

Srephen A.

We use to use them, we don't use them anymore. Their price was fairly high. They're fairly responsive.

Description of Work
They did annual service and repair.

02/01/2017

David L.

They were reliable and trustworthy. I had a positive impression of them, they are professional and have high quality of work. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They installed our new air conditioning system.

02/01/2017

David L.

They sent two technicians and it took about 25 minutes for them to complete the job. They are professional and left the area really clean. They did a very good job.

Description of Work
They came out for routine maintenance on my AC unit.

01/16/2017

Jill T.

Very well. Answered several questions I had.$2002

Description of Work
A burner winterizing check

09/20/2016

Robin S.

We are very satisfied with the work completed. This is the 2nd time we have used Riedell’s recently, and the service received was professional, on time and efficient. Estimate given for the water heater was the price we were charged. We will definitely be using this company again for future plumbing and ac repairs.

Description of Work
40 gal. hot water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

07/19/2016

Patricia S.

The price was high but he knew what he was doing.

Description of Work
He fixed my heating and ac.

07/19/2016

Patricia S.

They are plumbing and heating and I think they are very good. I knew he would be expensive, he took $150 just to screw a faucet. That was excess service price. Riedel tells you his service charge before. Another time he checked all the heating systems. He came right away that day. They give you a time span to do the work. He wanted to look around to see what else can be fixed. He said I need a new heating system because mine had lasted 11 years yet heating systems last 10 years. One time he also tried to sell me a boiler.

Description of Work
I had a faucet leaking and going into my sink. They fixed it.

Category plumbing

02/24/2015

john M.

Excellent Co.; has serviced my properties for many years

Category home remodeling

02/24/2015

Sandra Y.

They handled the job quickly an professionally. Also they went above and beyond, looking at other aspects of our homes plumbing, and informed us of any future areas of concern for no additional charge. They genuinely care for their customers, and we will be sure to use them again should a problem arise, and for general annual maintenance. We have had dealings with other plumbers, and this company far exceeded our expectations. Highly recommended!!

Description of Work
Connected an additional radiator for finished basement heat. A small job, handled quickly, and professionally.

12/30/2014

william G.

excellent...starting with the salesman to the completion of the job.

Description of Work
provided a new furnace

12/12/2014

Donna W.

Initially someone came out, on time and listened to what I wanted to and why. He offered up a couple of different ideas and we settled on the one he thought would work best at preventing my pipes from bursting. The PEX pipe has room to expand and contract, so even though we moved the pipe away from the outside wall, he thought we should change the copper pipe to PEX. He was great! I received a proposal in the mail within a week. They wanted half down. I sent in a check and received a phone call to set up the date to do the service. The service man showed up on time, did the work, cleaned up and was very professional. I had talked to a few plumbing/heating guys before Reidell and none of them seemed interested in the job because it was so small. Reidell was great! I am hoping for a burst free future!

Description of Work
They moved and replaced copper pipe that ran my baseboard heat. The pipes were too close to the outside wall of my house causing them to burst twice. I had them moved to the inside of the knee wall and also chaned out the copper pipe to PEX.

12/10/2014

Ellen L.

This company is top notch! They have apprentice plumbers answering the phones so the women working the phones really know what you are talking about. I tried another plumber once and went right back to Riedell. They are thorough, know their stuff and are prompt. I had numerous leaks from a problem with grounding in my home near the water. They worked on the problem but in my home and in the office trying to figure it out. No charge for the office work as the head of plumbing and one of the most experienced plumbers discussed the problem at length. We were ultimately able to figure it out with the help of my electrician. This is what a company should be.

Description of Work
Carl F Riedell has done numerous jobs for me over the past 15 years.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

12/01/2014

Barbara P.

We decided to wait on the air conditioner as it was going to go into the kitchen and we have plans to renovate the kitchen which might change the installation of the unit.

Description of Work
Called for an estimate for a ductless air conditioner system. He came on time and was very professional and informative as it was not going to be a basic install

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home remodeling

11/03/2014

Nishan D.

From the initial visit with Rick it was the type of professional, courteous and friendly experience one hopes for when looking for help. I asked for multiple proposals until I got to something I could afford. Rick was patient and worked with me as I sorted out the options. The work was also done in a timely and professional manner. I couldn't be more pleased and heartily recommend Riedell for any plumbing job!

Description of Work
Installed an on demand gas water heater and removed the electric water heater.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

10/31/2014

Ethan L.

Service man took longer than it usually does, hence the high cost (usually costs about half.). I've used them for several years and found them to be courteous, competent, and reliable. They put in a water heater for me last year, and things went fine.

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

10/30/2014

WILLIAM B.

They did a great job! I obtained three quotes. While theirs was not the lowest, they had the best recommendation on adding central air to our home. They were prompt, clean, and professional. When contacted with questions, they promptly returned to make sure my questions were answered and the system was working properly.

Description of Work
Installed central air conditioning

10/17/2014

Rich C.

Separate teams arrived on seprate days to complete the furnace and water heater. All of the guys were professional and pleasant. The project was completed well within the expected timeframe and at the expense quoted. Great experience with these guys.

Description of Work
Riedell replaced both my water heater and gas furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

10/17/2014

john G.

Everything went very good. They got here on time, cleaned up after themselves, and the line is functioning great so far. They did a nice job.

Description of Work
They installed a separate water line to my boiler.

Category plumbing

10/01/2014

Anne C.

Glen from Riedell & Son showed up on time, was friendly, polite and professionally. He went right to work and repaired the two leaks in no time at all. I certainly would call Riedell & Son again should we need plumbing services.

Description of Work
Repaired two plumbing leaks - one at the water meter and one at tub drain.

09/25/2014

Dennis D.

The servicer arrived at the agreed time, I explained the problem to him, and he got right to work. When done, he showed me the part he replaced and where it had cracked due to water freezing inside. He further explained how to avoid this situation further (I had drained the pipes, but did not know about draining water from the flow controller).

Description of Work
Replaced a malfunctioning flow controller on our outside shower.

01/23/2014

kenneth S.

HVAC repairs and it went well, no issues, they were professional

Description of Work
I used Carl F Riedell & Son Inc

OLD TYME CHIMNEY SWEEP

We are a family owned and operated business serving Dennis, Buzzards Bay and greater Cape Cod, Massachusetts, which allows us to charge our clients the fairest and lowest prices, comparative to other companies. You’ll find we will call you back when other companies won’t! Since 1986, we’ve offered a wide variety of chimney services to our satisfied clients. Our employees are all friendly professionals who are trained in the chimney business and we’re happy to address your questions and concerns. We take our time to make sure that each problem is fixed completely and correctly, ensuring proper functioning of your chimney. Quality chimney maintenance and repair can keep your chimney clean and clear, allowing you to sit back and relax around the fire without worry. Old Tyme Chimney Sweep is the premier business for all of your chimney needs. We are located in Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts, and are proud to provide our clients with dependable and affordable services to update, fix and maintain their chimneys. Our services range from installation and maintenance to chimney caps, chimney water sealing, chimney lining and chimney relining. We have the best equipment in the business to handle any kind of job, and no job is too big or too small. Call us today to schedule your appointment - (508) 759-0930 or visit our website at www.oldtymechimneysweep.com

JOHN J. ENNIS ELECTRIC

JOHN J ENNIS ELECTRIC PROVIDES ALL ELECTRICAL SERVICES FROM SMALL RESIDENTIAL TO LARGE COMMERCIAL PROJECTS. FULLY LICENSED AND INSURED.

Cotti-Johnson Heating-Cooling-Electrical

Are you having problems with your homes Heating, Air Conditioning, or Electrical systems? Or is your home just not as comfortable as you would like? Are you looking for a contractor that can handle all your systems with one call? Welcome to Cotti-Johnson, your one stop shop for Heating, Air Conditioning, and Electrical systems. We can handle anything from a simple light fixture replacement or a furnace tune up to a Home Standby Generator or Ductless system. Our crews are well trained in large scale jobs as well. From a whole house rewire to a complete zoned central air system you can control with your smartphone, we can handle it. We service all your indoor comfort needs. We understand how frustrating it can be when one of your homes critical comfort systems goes down. We offer 24/7 emergency services to get your systems up and running when you need them most. We offer professional design services for Landscape Lighting, Indoor Lighting, and Duct Layouts as well. Give us a call to see what Cotti-Johnson can do for you. Don't forget to ask about our 10 year warranty! 1-844-48-COTTI

Offers by Cotti-Johnson Heating-Cooling-Electrical  on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check, Discover, Financing Available

Bathroom & kitchen remodeling. Repairs large & small. New construction. Winterizations. Water heaters. Household plumbing. Garbage disposa. Hot water heaters. Humidification systems. Showers. Faucets. Gas log installations. Pool heaters. Oil tank. Asbestos removal. Chimney.