If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Midway, KY
There are 3 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Midway
- United Structural Systems Ltd IncUSS was called when inspection for sale of mother's house noted cracks in wall. They worked us into their schedule to facilitate sale work was completed in one day; workmen were pleasant and left the basement in good order. Only problem was buyer cancelled contract later! :(
- United Structural SystemsThe contractor showed up early to appointment which was a pleasant surprise. After discussing the current situation of the structure, the contractor provided a recommendation of continued observation to ensure the situation did not change. Also, provided the measures needed in the future to correct if the status worsened read less
- United Structural SystemsThe work was done when the weather was below freezing with blowing snow. Due to this the workers tracked mud on my driveway and in my garage. They did not clean this up. The lifting of the foundation caused cracks in the mortar in multiple places. Additionally, the workers did not repair the mortar they cracked or the cracked mortar which was the reason for raising the foundation. My contract specified that the the cracked mortar would be repointed which is the old mortar removed and new mortar place in the area to be repaired. They did attempt to fix one area of cracked mortar with NP1 caulk. The manufacture on its website states that the area must be try. The day of the repair it had been snowing. Due to this that area has cracked after 3 weeks. Multiple calls to the representative lead to one visit to my home two weeks after the work was done. He stated that they would use NP1 to repair the area. I contacted the representative via email and phone and listed my concerns with an email. That was over one and half weeks ago. I have not heard from this representative since then. I have contracted with a mason to repointed the cracked mortar when the weather is warm enough for the work. I am disappointment in the quality and professionism of this company. I would not recommend them to anyone as 4 weeks after the pier placement no one has addressed my concerns read less
Structural Engineers in Midway
- Business Description:Here at Kevin Henshaw Home Inspections, we pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We strongly believe in giving our absolute best in all of our projects no matter how big or small. We are experts in our trade and will always keep you educated on your particular task or project. We look forward to earning your business read lessRecent Review:Kevin arrived earlier than scheduled. His attentiveness to small detail is AMAZING! He didnt miss one single thing. Exceeded my expectations!Nadiyyah S.
- Business Description:Here at Phillips Waterproofing we pride ourselves on the high quality work and commitment to customer satisfaction provided on every project. With over 40 years of experience in the industry we are a standard leader. Being owner operated means that the owner will be on every job making sure it gets done correctly the first time. Our attention to detail is second to none and we promise to deliver in a timely and highly professional manner on any project we take on. Phillips Waterproofing speci.. read lessRecent Review:It was fine. The service was great. They came here and fixed it. They were here when they said they were gonna be here.Larry R.
- Business Description:United Structural Systems is a family-owned business specializing in foundation repair, wall realignment, and waterproofing systems. We are constantly researching new and innovative ways to service our customers. Additional phone numbers - (304) 346-7777, (513) 561-0300. Additional fax - (513) 561-030. Additional DBA - Perma Jack - United Structural Systems read lessRecent Review:My first encounter with United Structural Systems company ( USS) was last year, when I had to face the decision which company I go for foundation repair at my house in West Virginia. It was equal bids on my project from two companies USS and Alltek. Unfortunately for me, I made the decision to go with Alltek Environmental Services company at that time. Foundation repair was finished in August 2019 by Alltek (please read my review, that I placed separately for Alltek). 48,000 dollars payment later foundation been done. I finally be able to place my house for sale this year and come to realization, after inspection is done on the house, that it is a presence of water leak in the storage area. I could not believe, how it is possible, when the foundation repair was just done 8 months ago. I guess, things were not done properly after all. After numerous attempts to contact Alltek company, I finally be able to get the response with another promise to “fix it” in the amount of $9,200 or later for free…if I take off my review of their company from homeadvisor.com. Lack of professionalism, poor craftsmanship and PR was major disappointment for me. To be honest, after I been treating inferiorly by Alltek, I did not have any desire to go back to the same company. I was looking for second opinion how to resolve these issues. I decided to reach out again United Structural (who I was hoped to remember me from last year) and explain my dilemma. Bobby K. (Sales Manager for USS) come to the rescue! He was willing to give me his unbiased opinion on the situation. Bobby K, “commander in charge”, went to the house and informed me, that “downspout lines were never installed, the part on top of the ground went nowhere and tie back patch was poor quality”. Simply put it, Alltek did a mediocre job. I immediately made the decision go ahead and proceed with United Structural Systems company for repair of the mistakes. I cannot say enough praise for the USS company and manager Bobby K. This re-du project was done in timely matter, communication was superior ( needless to say I live out of state and it was never an issue), area after the job was clean up to perfection and…the garage/storage area now look dry bone and beautiful. Awhhhh... maybe I should not sell my house after all?! I have a buyer on the house, and I am closing in 2 weeks and can say with all honesty, I could not do that without United Structural help. It was exceedingly difficult situation for me, and it was resolved by USS company with flying colors. Thank you again USS. I recommend you without any hesitation!!! Your company should be proud of to provide such an excellent service and have knowledgeable, competent and skillful experts. Lana Y, Rochester, NY “We are NY tough read lessLana Y.
- Business Description:Thanks for allowing us to serve you and your community for over 15 years. We are Lexington, Owensboro, and Central Kentuckys Award Winning Design/Build Remodeling Company. Design/Build is having Professional Interior Designers on staff to show you what your home remodeling project will look like (even in 3-D), guide you in selections and hand hold you throughout the project. Then having project managers, lead carpenters, quality craftsman and trade partners to build and remodel your dream. We.. read lessRecent Review:We invested an inordinate amount of time pursuing a major project with them for a number of months as the scope of work increased. After we were almost done and on the same page, ready to sign contracts to move forward & break ground, they backed out, forcing us to start all over with a different contractor. Heard they got some other more profitable simple jobs. Although we were stunned at such unprofessional behavior, we were eventually very grateful that we feel dodged a bullet. At the end of the day, this company would have been a nightmare on such a big project. Yes, they have an extremely slick selling presentation with all kinds of high tech software and online project management promises. But they only have one local guy (who seems very nice) and the management of the company was all out of town. The local guy had no authority to make ANY decisions—had had to go to them for everything. Every single time we had to meet to review or revise the scope of work as we were putting the initial project together, we would have to wait an entire month until a manager could be in town. In hindsight, we had such a problem just getting things underway, we cannot imagine how bogged down it would have become down the road read lessLindy S.
- Business Description:MG Innovations
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated foundation and structure repair company serving the Tri-State area since 2007. We take great pride in our promise that you will be satisfied because we always strive to exceed expectations. We guarantee that all work is performed to structural engineer standards and back everything we do with a lifetime fully transferable warranty. We are the guys who treat your home like it were our own. C. Jackson Construction LLC is a business of unsurpassed quality and .. read lessRecent Review:Job went ok. A little messy. He did everything required but when I asked about a new footer drain he said not needed.albert s.
- Business Description:Been in business since 1995,masonry business,last ten years i have ventured out to other avenues of work do to construction slow down and recession, i am pretty handy in any exterior matters due to any buildings or dwellings.If i do not know how to fix it or build it anew i know someone that does,mainly because i have been in or around some type of construction my whole lif read less
- Business Description:Seasoned and versatile in planning, installation, testing, and support of communication systems and networks, with proven history of providing the highest-caliber of service to enterprise-level domestic and international customers. Professional expertise across a range of functions, including network and system engineering, repair, and optimization. Demonstrated organizational and supervisory acumen and demonstrated to quality assurance best practices. Proficient in use of a broad range of eq.. read less
- Business Description:Welcome to Cedar Creek Engineering We are experts in soil and groundwater remediation, wastewater treatment and stormwater management. We characterize contaminated sites, develop remediation plans, and manage cleanup operations. We provide chemical oxidation technology for remediation, including field services and laboratory bench testing. We design, install, operate, and maintain wastewater treatment systems, including stormwater pollution controls. We operate throughout the U.S. and ha.. read less
- Business Description:We provide structural engineering consulting for residential structures, retaining walls, foundations, floor supports, concrete structures and much more. We provide geotechnical design/analysis for commercial, industrial, educational, and religious sectors. We have experience not only as consultants but as contractors as well. We provide solutions to your challenges with a practical approach read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Installing steel beams in or around your home costs $3,000 on average but can come with all kinds of hidden fees. To avoid any surprises, you’ll want to prepare for all scenarios. This steel beam cost guide will help you budget for your project.
Removing a load-bearing wall can brighten up a room, make it larger, and create an open floor plan. But whether you hire a local pro or try to tackle the job yourself, learn the cost to remove a load-bearing wall so you only break the wall, not your budge
Find structural engineers in
- Stamping Ground
- North Middletown
structural engineers in Midway
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Gamble Masonry521 Parsley dr
- Gamble Masonry
- J & R Construction Services Inc633 W Main St 121 East 2nd Street, Suite 151 Owensboro, KY 42303
- J & R Construction Services Inc
- Kevin Henshaw Home Inspections7630 Dover Rd
- Kevin Henshaw Home Inspections
- Phillips Waterproofing175 Rainbow Dr
- Phillips Waterproofing
- Solid Ground Consulting Engineers, PLLC1905 Jacks Creek Road
- Solid Ground Consulting Engineers, PLLC
- United Structural Systems Ltd Inc723 Chenault Bridge Rd
- United Structural Systems Ltd Inc