Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Benton, KY
There are 2 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Benton
- Mitchell Construction LLCIt is still in the beginning stages, so not much to report; however, to this point, James has been knowledgeable, punctual, professional, and easy to work with. I will update my review upon completion of the project!!
- Mitchell Construction LLCJames Mitchell installed 7 support piers. These were installed the correct way with poured concrete footers. My inspector, Rob Pruitt with TRC Consulting, reinspected the work after its completion and said that it was a fantastic job and that no corners were cut.
- Ron Rock RemodelingRon Rock made the project painless -- I wasn't aware that the chimney was even there behind the wall until he showed it to me, then he had it pulled out within a couple of days and cleaned up every night, so the place wasn't a mess. When he started work on the kitchen, he was professional and very precise about the work and made great suggestions that helped me make better (more cost-effective and more useful) decisions
- REYNOLDS & DOYLE CABINETSThe paint finish turned out really nice. They did a good job. I had one issue with the messuring of the lazy susans, and they corrected that right away.
- Ron Rock RemodelingPunctual, and able to perform under short deadlines. He's completed every task I've needed to be done on time and reasonably priced. It is very hard to find a reliable handyman. Ron is honest and I trust him fully with my home, possessions and children (he even walked my dog one day for me!) He is a rare find. I highly recommend him to anyone needing medium to small construction jobs
- Moore Home ImprovementsThe building was repaired in a timely manor with no delays or major issues. That is very important since I was still working and living in Chicago. He is very conscientious and has a great work ethic.
- Ron Rock RemodelingExcellant. We own ten rental properties and Ron has worked on all of them. He is a good worker and we feel comfortable leaving him to work on his own. We have recommended him to our family and friends. We trust him enough to have him stay at our home while we were on a two week vacation.
Contractors in Benton
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We offer a 5% discount to veterans.Recent Review:It went smoothly, just the rain delayed the project.Darrel S.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Layman's Masonry Estimator, Rod Layman Mason Contractor.Recent Review:Totally unprofessional. I regret using this company. Rod quoted the work, but the kid doing the job seemed to have never done it before. The chimney needed repair to the top 15 or so brick rows. I had to point out from the ground bricks that still looked (and were) loose after he was "finished". He failed to tuck point one whole side of the chimney. The chimney still leaked after they finished. I went up on the roof to inspect where water might be coming in. The poured concrete cap looked like a someone just spilled a whole bucket of concrete. It slopes toward the chimney vent and water pools on top. Completely useless. The work was "guaranteed" in word by Mr. Layman, but he has not kept his word. I have been calling about the continued leaking for two months and no one has come out. I also found a broken 6 ft extension pole in the gutter which they were too careless to remove after dropping itAlex K.
- Business Description:Superior Subcontracting ServicesRecent Review:Kept making promises of when the job would be started then would keep putting the start date.Edward S.
- Business Description:General contracting.
- Business Description:We work through the tristate area we accpet cash and most checks.Recent Review:It went great i couldnt have had it any better great guy very trusting very good all the way around. Thank You So Much B&M Heating & Air.Mark B.
- Business Description:We have between 10 and 30 employees depending on the amount of work taking place. Billing is monthly on large projects, more often on smaller projects, and total amount is due upon completion of work.
- Business Description:Isaacs Exterior Specialist- We are fully insured,free estimates, 25 years experience, travis- 859-285-9154 william- 859-621-2334 office- 502-535-5020 we do just about everything on the exterior of a house and even some on the interior. Everything commercial and residential. Our main specialty includes roofing, from shingles, to metal, to epdm, torch down, copper, and any other roofing systems. Also replacement windows, vinyl siding, hardy plank, stucco, interior and exterior painting, new ..Recent Review:They were responsible for putting on a 20x18 ft extension on our existing pole barn. The crew showed up the first day and dug the posts and set them efficiently. After that the entire project went downhill. The trusses on the existing barn were apparently not standard. They attempted to jerry rig the roof supports by CUTTING in more than 1/2 way into the 2x6 support and setting up the trusses in the cutout! They said they were going to reinforce it later. Obviously we told them this was unacceptable and they had to remove the ruined supports and order the correct trusses. It turned out they said it would take weeks for those trusses to come in so my husband ended up making some of them on his day off. The owners son is on the crew and wanted to make them out of soft pine instead of the normal standard harder wood used for supports. We had to demand the proper wood for the job. One of the supporting posts had moved after it was set. They put the barn up around it anyway. It was so bowed a gutter could not be put on properly and drain. We had to ask that they fix it. They did fix it but again my husband did most of the work. The actual placing of the metal is sloppy. They consistently misses screwing the supports when putting the metal roof on. You can see multiple screws on the underside of the roof where they missed the boards entirely. They also never used a chalk line when attaching the sides of the barn. The screws are in wavy lines with nothing straight or neat. We changed the color of the barn trim with this job. They spray painted over the old trim "to see if they could get it to match" but over sprayed all over the place. It looks sloppy and never asked us about painting the metal. When confronted about the mess he said he would fix it. Some of the "fixes" involved scrubbing with a solvent (which didn't clean it all up) or placing 3 scraps of siding on one corner where the overspray was. They never showed up before 10:30 except for the first day and also didn't get much done the days they were there. He constantly asked for more money in smaller increments to "buy supplies" which was not in the arranged contract. He said he had no cash flow. From a project management standpoint they never had everything they needed and would go to the store to get whatever they needed and come back hours later or not at all. The project took 45 days but could have been done in a week with an efficient crew and better project management. The main shingled house's roof was subcontracted out to a crew that did not speak English. I do not know their name. They completed the roof in two days and did an OK but not perfect job. The weather was a little cold to allow the shingles to set properly. I did not know this at the time or would have asked them to do it another day. I hope it will be ok. They could have cleaned up better but at least these guys showed up on time and actually worked hard. <br /Laura M.
- Business Description:In business since 1963. Licensed,Bonded,Insured. 145 EmployeesRecent Review:The tech was on time and friendly. Performed the work in a reasonable amount of time.John D.
- Business Description:20+ years Construction/Master Carpenter experience. 7+ years in one of a kind custom Treehouse's with slides, rock walls, ziplines, bucket pulls, trap doors, etc. Custom Sheds and furniture. Custom wood tables to custom porch swings. We accept all major credit cards and Pay-Pal. $200 Consultation fee (goes towards project)
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Calvert City
- Grand Rivers
- West Paducah
general contractors in Benton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- B&M Heating & Air1548 Dornbush Rd
- B&M Heating & Air
- Do-It-Right Flooring and Repair370 Pugh Rd
- Do-It-Right Flooring and Repair
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Little Sunshine Painting441 Lin Wal Rd
- Little Sunshine Painting
- Powley Contracting & Consulting115 Nolan DR.
- Powley Contracting & Consulting
- Servall Termite & Pest Control939 St Rt 121 N
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Servall Termite & Pest Control
- Wayside-Treasures Woodworking42 Barnett Cemetery Rd
- Wayside-Treasures Woodworking