Whether it’s an old couch or refrigerator, hiring a junk removal and hauling company is one of the easiest and fastest ways to get rid of unwanted items. But before you have your junk hauled away, check out these tips for a stress-free experience.
Get matched with top hauling services in Valparaiso, IN
There are 8 highly-rated local hauling services.
Recent Hauling Reviews in Valparaiso
- Moore Construction IncMoore Construction is so impressive! They were so professional from appraisal to final inspection! They have great attention to detail and go above and beyond what they promise! I highly recommend Moore Construction for any needs! They are able to provide whatever might be needed I.e. including tuck-pointing! Their workers are prompt, professional and eager to please! The owner calls on every job they do while they are doing it to answer any questions that you might have! This is a first rate company and the BEST experience I’ve ever had with any service organization concerning my house! They are thorough, hard working and go above and beyond anybody’s highest expectations!! read less
- Steri-Clean Indiana, Inc.Everything was handled with professionalism. They worked hard and went through things just didn't toss everything per my request. They are the best!! They did this in 14 hrs and would have taken me 6 months or more! They did forget to do my blinds but that was a small thing compared to everything else they did! So glad I found them. They were expensive to me but for what they had to do, it was worth every penny!!! I would assume anyone else would be that expensive or more! Didn't check anyone else. Just read their info on line and felt the trust of them and when I called felt the same way even more sure I got the right company! Don't pass these guys up. They are fantastic read less
- Fire Dawgs Junk RemovalVery punctual, polite, and helpful! They were patient and flexible while we figured out the best exit door to remove the couch from the nursing home. Very prompt in returning my phone call as well!
- Burke Lawn Care, LLCresponds timely, professional, love how our yard/flowerbeds look right now. Came to do the work on Saturday and Sunday (because of all the rain we had in may)
- Burke Lawn Care, LLCeverything done as requested. Nice job cleaning up. Handled all my request in a friendly professional manner.
- Burke Lawn Care, LLCWent very well, communication was good,, arrived on time and finished early. Everything was left clean.. Very satisfied.
- Rogers RoofingRemoved upper and lower level gutters, downspouts and aluminum facia. Inspected all facia boards. Installed new upper and lower level aluminum facia. Installed new upper and lower level seamless gutters. Relocated upper and lower level downspouts to opposite side of the house per my request. Rogers Roofing did a great job. The new gutters and downspouts look great. They cleaned up all old materials and left the job site neat and clean. Great job all around. Not the cheapest estimate we had, but worth the price. My only negative is that we would have liked to have had better communication with them as to when the work would be performed. Appproximately one month passed from the time of agreement to go ahead and the actual day the work was done with no contact until the day before. We plan to use Rogers Roofing again fo our garage soffit, facia and gutters read less
- THE CLEAN UP CREWRich returned our call promptly and provided an approximate cost for the job. On the day of service he arrived on time, completed the work effectively and efficiently, and charged the price he had quoted. He was professional, respectful, and had a very positive attitude. He even helped us gather up additional items for him to take that we originally didn't think he'd have room for. In an era when it's difficult to get a service provider to even return a call, this experience was unbelievably pleasant. I would recommend The Cleanup Crew without reservation read less
- THE CLEAN UP CREWThey were very professional. They arrived on time and were very pleasant. Their price couldn't be beat. I highly recommned them.
- Maris and Son IncThey were wonderful. They were fine and professional. I would recommend them. They did a good job.
Hauling Services in Valparaiso
- Business Description:Budget Right Handyman is Chicagoland's largest handyman service. We've won the Angie's List Super Service Award for 10 consecutive years. Since 2016, we've completed over 20,000 projects. All of our work comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee & 1-year warranty on labor read lessRecent Review:Matthew was prompt, communicative, positive, professional, confident, and knowledgeable about the work. He worked efficiently and provided a beautiful product.Henri D.
- Business Description:We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today read lessRecent Review:The painter, Randy, responded immediately when I requested to hire a painter on Angie’s List. After speaking to Randy on the phone, he was flexible and completed the job quickly. His work was flawless and professional. I’ve already talked to him about doing another small job for me. Im going to recommend him to friends and family. Thank you read lessSue W.
- Business Description:We currently have 15 employees. Payments are due in full within 30 days of job completion.
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for Snowbirds read lessRecent Review:I was very pleased with the transaction. The setup of the auto pickup was easy with call to National Express Auto Transport. I got an email notification from dispatch letting me know when the car would be picked up at the dealership, and I let the dealership know. I then got the direct phone number for the transporter/driver and setup a time to drop off the car on the date promised. It was door to door service, and I felt that the driver took good care of my car. I was very pleased, and would use them again read lessJorge S.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:Moving APT is the way to go. Fast, reasonably priced, and everything is handled with care. They moved 50+ plants and all of our furniture in a snap! Highly recommend!Braden H.
- Business Description:We are an Indiana based company offering a wide range of residential handyman services. We do work in drywall, gutter cleaning, lawn & yard work, pressure washing, decks, and more. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Handyman services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free est.. read less
- Business Description:Moore Construction, Inc. is a licensed, bonded and insured specialist in roofing, seamless gutters, soffit, fascia, and vinyl siding. We are celebrating our 27th year in business. We serve all of the Chicago Land area including most suburbs and Northwest Indiana. We are family owned and operated, and you deal directly with the owner, Michael Moore. All of our work is guaranteed and performed by our uniformed employees, with supervision on every job. Commercial & residential. We offer free ins.. read lessRecent Review:Excellent work repairing our roofs. We were especially impressed that, after the first visit, when we discovered that one spot on the roof was still leaking, workers returned, no questions asked, to revisit the work at no extra cost. It now appears to be fixed. Professional, polite, and diligent team read lessSally M.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoin read less
- Business Description:Save time and money NOW!! CELEBRATING over 15 years in Auto Transport Business!! Giving all Angie's list members $25 off on any auto transportation! Work directly with the owner, Nichole Hilton! Call or text 24 hours @ 310 686 5318. Please know you will have assistance from start to finish and we are aware of how to fulfill all transportation needs!! All insurance is included in the rates we provide. Call 888 318 0080 for any questions. http://www.hiltonautotransport.co read lessRecent Review:It was fantastic - there was some unexpectedness that could of resulted in delays but Nicole was amazing she found us an alternate who did a spectacular job at an amazing price -and Nicole was fantastic at responding to texts and keeping us informed -highly recommen read lessSonia A.
- Business Description:No job is too big or small with Bridges Moving & Cleaning and we treat all customers as if they are family. Customer satisfaction is our #1 Priority!! We aim to please every customer with exceptional moving labor and cleaning services at affordable rates! read lessRecent Review:Good afternoon! This is a VERY VERY VERY long, detailed post so go ahead and grab some more coffee and your lunch, or save it for later, before you begin to read it. 😊 I finally had time to write my review about my February 6th moving experience with Bridges Moving and Cleaning ([*** Link removed ***] I can’t find their FB page. Also, since I’m no longer seeing red, and am much more calm about it, I can write a detailed review with normal blood pressure. I read/heard good reviews about Bridges Moving and Cleaning, so I decided to give them a try. It can’t be too hard to move from the South Loop (downtown Chicago) to Flossmoor, IL, right? Well, apparently it is. I scheduled my move via phone, spoke directly with the owner, Jeff Bridges, and told him that he came highly recommended. He said he hoped to provide the same service, asked me to text him the details, and he would text me back with a confirmation. I said if they provided great service, I would gladly share my review with my networks. Fast forward to now, I’m doing as previously mentioned; however, it didn’t go as planned. A couple hours later, I still hadn’t received a text confirmation, so I re-sent the same text from earlier. Then I received my confirmation text saying that I would have 4 men and a truck at my building at 8am for my move for a 1-bedroom apartment. I said I didn’t have the elevator until 9am (9am – 1pm, specifically); however, he said they would spend that hour disassembling my furniture. On 1/27/2021 at 5:29pm, I sent a text confirming the 2/6/2021 move date, he confirmed. On Thursday, January 28th, at 11:15am, he sent me a text asking if I could move the date to either Friday, 2/5 or Sunday, 2/7. I responded that I had an all-day, camera-on, virtual conference on 2/5 and both buildings didn’t allow move ins/outs on Sundays, so that was a negative. I asked if they were unavailable now? He said, “No worries, we are available.” Friday, 2/5/2021 at 4:21pm I texted, “Good evening, I will see you tomorrow.” He responded, “Yes, see you tomorrow.” Now, in hindsight, I think that he double-booked me and the other move must’ve gotten the bigger truck (more on that later). On Saturday, 2/5/2021 at 8:21am (the coldest day of Winter 2020 – 2021, unfortunately), I texted, “Good morning. What time will you all arrive?” He responded, “Good morning we are en route now, arriving within 30 minutes.” So, they were already starting an hour late. They arrived and the security guard, who saw them via the alley’s security camera, commented that they were in a, “little truck” and he would open the dock area for them. I went downstairs to look at the truck and it was indeed VERY small. I texted the owner right away and said, “They’re there (dock) now. I don’t think that little truck is big enough for my belongings. I’m pretty sure of it. Can you send a bigger truck?” His response was that it should be big enough based on what you described. The main concern was the stairs (at the condo in Flossmoor) from our conversation. No other truck is available this morning.” My response, “Ohhh nooooo.” I then called the owner and he said that the truck supposedly can move a 1-2 bedroom home; however, I could only see that being the case if it was a “1 – 2 bedroom tiny house.” The movers arrived upstairs to my South Loop unit and there were only 3 men. I asked about the missing person and they said that he called off sick that morning (perhaps the negative wind chill/temps)? They also walked in with 1 roll of plastic, no tape, and no moving blankets. I ordered a ton of moving blankets from Amazon as I planned to pre-wrap everything, but I was advised by a good Sistafriend who helped me pack (thanks, Sis!) to send them back because the moving company will have their own supplies. The 3 men, Fred (Supervisor), Tyrone, and Chandor, were very nice, two were very young, perhaps early-mid 20s, and one was middle-aged (the most experienced one, Chandor, who carefully wrapped my precious, oversized mirror with my assistance). I later found out they called Chandor that Saturday morning at 6am to see if he could assist with my move). Since they didn’t have moving blankets (I never saw them), they used all of mine (so can’t return them to Amazon). They also used the tape that I used to tape my boxes. When my tape supply was depleted, Chandor called down to the truck in the dock area requesting that they bring more upstairs. They responded that they didn’t have anymore tape. Wow and smh!! So, I hopped in my SUV, drove to Walgreens, and bought several packages of moving tape (they reimbursed me for them). Chandor also asked to use my tools to break down my bed (I was standing right by him when he called down to the truck asking about tools and they didn’t have any). I thought they were supposed to have this type of stuff with them?? Ty later mentioned that they will be up and running and at full capacity in a week or so. Covid-19 slowed down their operations, or something like that. It sounded to me that they weren’t properly prepared to handle anyone’s move, so definitely not mine. They also asked to use my new dolly/hand truck from Costco (I agreed since it may help them move quicker). My Sistafriend came over with food and helped me clear out my storage unit (thanks boo!). I could tell that they were really slow, behind schedule, and time was ticking on the elevator reservation and the hourly moving fee. As suspected, the truck was too small (Me – not surprised!)!! They couldn’t fit my belongings, had placed my possessions in their truck unwrapped/unsecured, had to use my SUV to move items, AND Fred left the dock area to get another truck (an open pickup truck at that)!! Meanwhile, time was ticking on this $120/hour operation, after the first $350/2 hours/4 men, which was modified to $105/hour due to only having 3 men. They offered the option of making 2 trips; however, the elevator was reserved for my neighbor afterwards and I was not paying the hourly rate of two trips to the South Suburbs and back downtown. At this point, there was nothing I could do but keep it all together (in the freezing cold) and not lose my cool. The other party (my neighbor), that reserved the elevator after me, couldn’t use the dock area because Fred, who left to get the other truck, also took the keys…Wow and wow!! Thank you to my neighbor who gave us an extra hour to move…thank goodness! (Bless you and congrats on your new baby and home)! So, no one could move the parked truck because Fred had the keys while rushing to get the truck that I already said was needed before they even started. When Fred returned, I came downstairs to check the dock area out before we left (they had to move the rest of my items in the actual alley, in the snow/cold because we had to give the dock to my neighbor). When I walked past the elevator, I saw one of my nice paintings chilling on the elevator (they were about to leave it). So, I grabbed it and put it in my SUV. They couldn’t get the ramp thing to go back into the truck to move it, (Fred was back and I called him several times!) and I had to help with the ramp. Chandor was awesome and kept apologizing for the service, or lack thereof, that I was receiving and told me that the unprofessional behavior was embarrassing. He also said that my positive disposition and helpful demeanor were the only reasons why he didn’t walk off the job. That’s why it pays to not lose your cool in stressful situations. He even promised that he would secure my belongings well on the pick-up truck. Fast forward to Flossmoor. My Uncle Keith was at the condo and commented several times that they looked like they were struggling. So, he decided to help them, even though he wasn’t supposed to be moving heavy items. He also noticed that they weren’t using dollies/hand trucks. My very nice Crate & Barrel bar/bookcase was uncovered when they brought it upstairs, they needed my tools again to assemble my bed, etc. I went downstairs to check on them and saw almost all of my pictures in the snow and they were picking them up and trying to clean them. I later found pics in the snow of family/friends that they left, and they almost left my plant in the lobby by the fake lobby plant until I asked where my plant was located. ☹ So, 11 hours, $1,130, and I still tipped them later (deductions only made for tape reimbursement, tool usage, and 30 minutes time for them to get a pick-up truck - although it was much longer) they were done (Point of reference: Two Men and a Truck took 5 hours to move me from Bronzeville to the South Loop in 2015 for $875). I later found out that they left all of their dollies/hand trucks at my building in the South Loop because they wouldn’t fit in the truck. This included MY dolly. Instead of waiting for additional non-customer service, I drove down there the following morning to get my belongings and apologized to the building for the commotion, confusion, and inconvenience. I texted the owner and said, “I would love to provide you with feedback. Unfortunately, I would not recommend your business.” His response, “Understandable, thank you still.” As I began to unpack my items, I noticed several items were damaged (i.e. my bookcase/bar, nightstands, etc.). And finally, I posted a comment on their Instagram page this morning that, “They were the worst moving company ever!” I immediately received an inbox saying, “Good morning, you didn’t pay anything for services, just don’t patronize anymore. How long ago was this?” Excellent customer service and conflict resolution (again)...NOT! I responded that I paid >$1,000 almost two months ago. They said, “Who are you and what was the issue two months ago that made you respond this morning?” I said, “An unsatisfied customer. I haven’t written my review yet. More to come. I shared my dissatisfaction at the time and said I wouldn’t recommend your company, so this isn’t new news.” So, if you managed to read until the end (there were a lot of interesting plot twists and turns), this is my review. In true Helen Brown fashion, I documented everything! Thanks for attending my Ted Talk. [*** Link removed *** read lessLenita G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful junk removal articles
When deciding if you should rent a dumpster or hire someone to haul your junk out, consider price, pros and cons, and your specific waste. This article will help you determine the best way for you to get rid of your junk with less hassle.
To demo an interior costs an average of $3,068. Most job costs range between $1,168 and $4,706 for smaller projects, such as the demolition of a single room.
Find hauling services in
- Burns Harbor
- New Chicago
- Lake Station
- Beverly Shores
- Union Mills
- La Crosse
- Crown Point
- Michigan City
- Trail Creek
- Long Beach
- Kingsford Heights
hauling services in Valparaiso
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Ace American Transportation LLC3710 W. Tompkins Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada
- All Clear Clean Out Services3045 45th ave
- All-Cap Home Improvement8951 O'day dr
- All-Phase Services1825 Hale Ave
Chesterton Indiana, Indiana
- American backyard LLC9505 w 141st pl
Cedar Lake, Indiana
- AmeriFreight Discount Car Shipping Auto Transport417 Dividend Drive Ste D
Peachtree City, Georgia
- Apex Junk Removal
- Awesomeasphalt3311 willowcreek
- Ace American Transportation LLC
- Cheap Freight Pros522 Aberdin Way
- Cheap Freight Pros
- Excel Professional Movers6240 S Bishop St
- Excel Professional Movers
- Furniture Pickup Service2620 165th St
- Furniture Pickup Service
- junk monkey
- junk monkey
- Krizan Family Farms527 E Commercial Ave
- Krizan Family Farms
- Lakeshore Services57122 18th Ave
GRAND JUNCTION, Michigan
- Lakeshore Services
- Maris and Son Inc4400 W 61st Ave
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Moore Construction Inc9250 Southview Ave.
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Mr. & Mrs. Fix It!7775 Burr Street
- Mr. & Mrs. Fix It!7742 Burr Street
- Maris and Son Inc
- Official Movers8125 Thomas St
- Official Movers