Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Idaho Falls, ID
There are 5 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Idaho Falls
- J & J ConstructionJerry and the entire crew did an excellent job. They came out and met to review the scope of the project and then worked up a bid. They began construction shortly after obtaining the building permit. They finished the project exactly on bid. The building was finished in a professional manner. They even enclosed all outside wood in painted custom formed metal, so there is nothing needing to be painted every few years. We highly recommend their work and we would not hesitate to hire them if we need a contractor in the future
- J & J ConstructionWe are more than satisfied with the work done by J&J Construction for the residing and window/door replacement project. The crew worked hard when they were here, and always completely cleaned up the job site when the left at the end of each day. Jerry provided lots of ideas for our residing project - he is at no loss for ideas! This was really helpful, as we had not even considered board and batten siding, but it was a good choice for our house type and for the southern wind and sun exposure. The job foreman was quick to pick up on problem areas which always crop up in older homes: *Roof drainage in one corner was a problem as it overwhelmed the existing gutter and caused water to funnel in at the top of the window - not a good scenario for keeping water out. He and Jerry worked out a good gutter arrangement that channeled less water to that corner and moved water away from the top of the window. We had a couple of rainstorms that proved it's worth. *The job foreman noticed a problem on an side exposure that was not in the original scope of work where the flashing was in front of the old siding, and suggested we reside that bit as well, putting the flashing behind the siding to prevent water from getting in. The crew paid attention to details: They took the time to re-stain areas after expansion/contraction exposed new unstained areas. They replaced old unpainted screws on the window trim around the remainder of the house with new painted screws around the entire house, so that the new trim and old trim would be more uniform. A minor detail, but it blended the old and the new together. Jerry gets pretty busy and missed an email from me on work scope that caused a delay in waiting for a window to arrive - but he is very responsive to phone calls. We highly recommend J&J Construction, hands down
- J & J ConstructionReally well. They were so helpful with suggestions and taking care of even the small details so that everything was done right. Very easy to communicate with, very practical, and very knowledgeable.
- All American Remodeling & Handyman ServicesThese small projects went according to plan. Darin did exactly what we agreed to and did a good job of cleaning up the mess and disposing of all trash and wrecked out tile and wood.
- All About Remodeling and Handyman ServicesWow!! great company, of course will call again. They have knowledge about so much and good ideas. The people are dependable and happy workers so they are great to have around. They really wanted to do what I needed in a way I would be happy with.
- All About Remodeling and Handyman ServicesIt was great the whole experience with them. Awesome work my kitchen is custom and mine. Indoor barbecuer is sweet.
- All About Remodeling and Handyman ServicesListened to what we wanted done and setup a contract based on what we wanted and payments. Had us walk through the work and see how each step was going and if met what we were expecting or if changes were needed. He was flexible on any changes and cleaned up after job.
- BRADY'SI have an older water softener and had difficulty finding anyone willing to work on it. When I called Brady's they also said it was not a brand that they service. However, when I told them that I was having a hard time finding anyone to help me, they took my information and did some research. It took a week for them to get back to me, but when they did, they had found that the controller on my water softener was manufactured by a company that also produces controllers for water softeners that they do work on, and they had the parts in stock. They came out a few days later, on time, and had it fixed within about 20 minutes. They were polite, friendly, and professional. Their efforts saved me hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, on replacing my water softener. Thank you, Brady's
- G And T Designs LLCThey came in, completed the work in what I thought was super fast, it took them a few partial days. They hauled all the old building materials away. Every time I came home from work I had neighbors in my yard staring at my french doors. (They love them but probably not as much as me.)
- Daniel's Quality Home Repair LLCDaniel's Quality Home Repair built me a high quality blanket cabinet for storing guest blankets and extra sheets. The piece of furniture is beautifully crafted and very functional. It's over 6 feet tall and is sturdy enough for the children to pull the blankets out of play in. It is built to my exact specifications and was done quickly and efficiently
Contractors in Idaho Falls
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Jorgensen Cabinets has been serving the Eastern Idaho and Northern Utah Community for over 12 years. We are a small, family run business, with a Father and his Son running it. We craft Custom Cabinets, Mantels, Tables, Benches, Stairway Posts, Hand Rails, and more. Everything we do, we do with pride. We believe in always keeping our word, and we do the right thing even when its hard. Quality and Customer Service are our focus!Recent Review:It was amazing and incredible. They cleaned up after themselves, they always completed the job on time, there is no delay in workmanship and I am more than extremely happy and I will continue to use them.Kitty C.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in in roofing services, we guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:I really like it. They were professional. The job was quick too that's what I like the most. They cleaned up too. Everything was 5-star.Jonathan G.
- Business Description:Established in 2017, but equipped with many years of experience, All About Remodeling and Handyman Services is a 2017 Super Service Award winner, providing not only quality work, but quality customer service. At All About Remodeling and Handyman Services we help home owners improve their lives by making their dreams a reality. With our knowledgeable crew, we handle all aspects of your remodeling project from start to finish, giving you peace of mind. No job is too big or too small and our ser..Recent Review:Rocky Mountain Cabinets provided. Not very best quality, but good construction. Somewhat troublesome install. Classic Marble did counter tops, great. Contractor did plumbing and touch up. Really come out fine! Good Price. $4,000 below next bidMark F.
- Business Description:Scandia Carpentry and Millwork is dedicated to making sure that all the work done in your home will exceed your expectations. From general home maintenance to custom built cabinets and trim work you can expect that your project will be treated like it’s my own. With over 40 years of building experience you can expect your job will be completed on time and within budget! A little bit about who I am: I built tree forts as a kid...took woodworking classes in high school, worked as a carpente..Recent Review:The job turned out very well a true professional I would recommend him to do any woodworking. The job was about $28k and worth every pennyLinda D.
- Business Description:You bring the vision, we bring the tools and expertise to build it. Our philosophy is to never stop evolving, never stop learning. Our dedication is to quality, durability, and adaptability in the pursuit of YOUR vision; we commit to never compromising these principles in our approach to your project. Our goal is to reinvigorate an industry flooded by mediocrity, bringing craftsmanship and beauty into a bond with functionality. We renovate, restore, and newly build, just about anything you ca..Recent Review:Travis and his team did an excellent job remodeling our entire home under very tight deadlines; always going the extra mile for their client; true professionals expert at what they do. We strongly recommend themAlex C.
- Business Description:We're an owner operated company with over 20 years of experience. We believe in quality - if you're not going to do it right, just don't do it at all. We definitely respect people's time and can typically provide same or next day estimates on your project. Please feel free to call us any time.Recent Review:They made an appointment then cancelled the day before, so I never connected with them.Deanna M.
- Business Description:Magic Valley Structures, LLC is a family run business located in Heyburn, Idaho. We are fully committed to offering quality wood sheds, garages, carports, barns, animal shelters and custom structures. We do not use sub-contractors for any of our work. Our service areas include, but are not limited to; Twin Falls, Boise, Pocatello, Idaho Falls and Sun Valley regions, Northern Nevada, Western Wyoming and Eastern Oregon. It is our belief that honesty and integrity are the keys to success, and w..
- Business Description:Offering a wide variety of construction needs at one company. We do what it takes to get the job done in a timely manner with the highest of quality. From start to finish we could be the company for you.
- Business Description:Factory direct service. ShadeTree® Canopy Systems are a unique, patented shade system. The canopies can cover LARGE as well as small patios or decks. There are several styles and fabrics to chose from. A patented wind-release mechanisms helps reduce wind damage.The systems are custom-manufactured to each customer’s specifications, then shipped directly to the customer. The systems were designed to be a do-it-yourself-installed product, however, local installers can be referred if customer req..Recent Review:Very professional, great quality and easy to order with their directions.Norma P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Sugar City
- Fort Hall
general contractors in Idaho Falls
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Disaster RestorationP.O. Box 14
- Disaster Restoration
- Grill Quality Construction and Remodeling1015 E. 2650 S.
- Grill Quality Construction and Remodeling
- Little Odds And Ends ConstructionPO Box 42
- Little Odds And Ends Construction
- RANDELL CONSTRUCTION LLPPO Box 2542
Twin Falls, Idaho
- RANDELL CONSTRUCTION LLP
- Scandia Carpentry & Millwork4265 E Lincoln Rd
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Silkwood Interiors9230 S 1st E
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Steelhead Maintenance & Remodel2830 Druvor St
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Scandia Carpentry & Millwork