In order to function properly, your septic tank needs to be regularly inspected and emptied. How often you should get your septic tank inspected depends on a few factors.
Get matched with top septic tank services in West Des Moines, IA
There are 3 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in West Des Moines
- A-1 Complete Septic Tank ServiceThese guys were smart, quick, informative and helpful with tips and tricks between services. Would recommend and definitely hire again for my next service. If I hadn't been home to see it with my own eyes, he cleaned up and you can't tell he was even there.
- DraintechEverything went very well. The technician was extremely knowledgable and spent a lot of time teaching me the do’s and don’ts regarding the proper care of the system. He was very patient and easy to talk to. I’m very glad I chose this company.
- Weather Control Heating & CoolingJohn Gray provided excellent and timely service. Showed up on time, friendly, answered my questions.
- BOB'S SEWEROOTER SERVICEThey are really good to deal with. The person that built our house didn't do well with what he did. He didn't close the pipe going from the house out to the septic tank so that the water and everything would drain faster. We have to dig up our driveway about every 18 months to fix this pipe. So, we decided that it would be cheaper to have somebody come out here to roto-rooter the septic tank. Bob's Sewerooter Service is a wonderful company run by a father and his two sons. The septic tank is right now. We call them and they are out here within an hour. It once happened on an Easter Sunday and the father said that his son wasn't busy on that day. They don't even charge you anything extra for coming out on weekends and holidays. I just love them. The price for the last service was $75. It seems like the price goes up by $5 or $10 every 18 months. It's still worth it. We tried running the snake ourselves and doing it ourselves, but it turned out to be more
- Torgerson ExcavatingThese guys had a great price and very personable while on the job. There work was perfect and almost too nice to cover up. If anyone needs septic work I highly recommend Craig and Todd. There is a big difference between installers.
- Todd J White Plumbing IncHad an existing septic system where the lateral/sand pit was bad but the tank was good. Todd installed peat moss tank versus a sand pit. Couldn't use a regular lateral line tile due to clay soil. Punctual. Friendly. Explained all options clearly.
- DES MOINES DRAIN & SEWER CLEANINGWhy did I pick them on a Friday afternoon when I'd never called them? They specifically listed septic lines in their ad. I called; described the problem, and the receptionist said she'd have a guy call me back this AFTERNOON. I really didn't expect that prompt service. The guy, Dustin, called me within 1/2 an hour and asked for our address as his GPS was giving him incorrect information. I told him, and he was on his way. He then called me again and wasn't sure where we were - he was right in front of our house! Anyway, I described the problem and showed him where the water was spilling out in the basement. He had me flush the toilet, and then agreed that we definitely had a clogged septic line. He had it fixed within about 20 minutes. We asked him what we could do in the future. The problem: toilet paper that wouldn't break down. He asked what type we use, and I told him Charmin. He said that it's the worst kind for septic tanks, as it won't break down and then causes a back-up, like what we had. He told us to use Scot's 2-Ply. It will break down! He was prompt, professional, and knew his stuff. We'll call them again for any septic issues!
- Luellen Brothers IncThe cost was very reasonable. They are knowledgeable, friendly, prompt and they know what they are doing.
- GREENWOOD'S SEWER SVCAfter cleaning the drain the technicians then showed me the location of the problem area and made recommendations as to the best way to repair the underlying problem and marked locations of sewer lines to aid contractor who will do the repair. Technicians were very professional, helpful (clearly answered all my questions and insuring I understood their explanations), and knowledgeable of their job. The only problem encountered was poor response and communications to schedule the job. When contacted on a Friday the staff person receiving the call said she couldn't schedule the equipment at that time and would call me back on Monday to set an appointment. She did not call on Monday or Tuesday. I then called on Wednesday and the service was scheduled for the next day. My suggestion is call backs be scheduled and recorded much like other appointments and the client be contacted even if response is not fully to the clients likening. Failure to return my call gave an impression of indifference on the part of the office staff
- FOREST SEPTIC TANK SVCFirst, they did not show up on the date scheduled so had to reschedule. There was no call from the company. Once they came back, they did install the new system, however, they destroyed a brand new 6" chainlink fence with the equipment eventhough it was many feet away from the plaice they had to dig up. They said absolutly nothing until we came to see the work. When we called, first we got ignored by the boss of the techitians that did the job. We had to call yet again and talk to the owner who dismissed the whole thing. In addition, they did not level the area back but left hills on the yard.They finally agreed to come back and put the dirt back to cover the wholes and level the hills where the dirt had been pilled while digging. They spread the dirt but not even on the area that they dug up but rather covered our gravel driveway! We could not beleave it. To make matters worst, we got a $500+ bill for them coming back to spread the dirt and still no resolution about the fence. At that poit we were so frustrated that I didn't them fixing the fance. Finally with the owner we told them we would take care of the fence and not have to pay the $500+ bill. He agreed. I would never use this company again. It was a nightmare. A year and some later, we still have deep holes in our yard from where they dug and huge tranches. Will not recomend them to my worst enemy
Septic Tank Companies in West Des Moines
- Business Description:A-1 Complete Septic Tank Service has been serving Des Moines, IA and the surrounding areas with septic tank services for over 40 years. We serve residential, commercial and industrial customers, and also offer a complete septic certification for realtors and mortgage companies. You can count on A-1 for: • Septic tank installation • Septic tank cleaning, maintenance and repairs • Tank replacement • Lateral field installation • Commercial grease trap cleaning • Commercial snow removal • 24-ho..Recent Review:These guys were smart, quick, informative and helpful with tips and tricks between services. Would recommend and definitely hire again for my next service. If I hadn't been home to see it with my own eyes, he cleaned up and you can't tell he was even thereESB Garth M.
- Recent Review:He did a really good job. Everything with all the permits and inspections went really well. I would definitely recommend them.Nathan G.
- Business Description:Looking for a plumbing or HVAC company that will treat you with respect and complete the work effectively? Look no further than Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. They obey the rules to live by and treat their customers the way they would want to be treated. That means their technicians go above and beyond to ensure that every job is completed safely and properly. Their technicians undergo ongoing training in a state-of-the-art facility to ensure that they are up-to-date on industry cha..Recent Review:Service was excellent. Fair pricing, prompt, and reliable.Steve M.
- Business Description:Draintech, in Ames, IA, is your one-stop shop to solve all of your plumbing and drainage issues since 1990. We have an impressive amount of experience in unclogging drains and ensuring pipes and lines are running efficiently. Let our courteous, dependable, friendly plumbers provide more information or a quote for service. We are there when you need us the most! For septic tanks and systems, drain cleaning, septic pumping and more, give us a callRecent Review:Terrible. Don't use call another company. They don't do it correctly so they can continue to come back. Instead of using the cutter the first time. They continued to come back without the cutter and still charged each time. So what should have been 1 trip for $300 ended up 4 trips for $1000. The 3rd trip they were supposed to bring the cutter but didn't have time, but still charged $75 for stoppingCindy A.
- Business Description:Delta Van Lines one of the most trusted Nationwide movers provides the first-class treatment that your belongings deserve. Our moving company offers a variety of moving services that can be customized based on your specific requirements. Are you looking for a local or state-to-state moving solution? Choose Delta Van Lines to ensure your moving experience is absolutely smooth and free from any kind of stress or confusion. If you are looking for someone to facilitate a residential or corporate ..Recent Review:Delta Van Lines was a terrible experience. They are brokers and don't let them tell you differently. My sales person, Natalie, was quite nice until I started having problems. Then she would not return my calls. She promised me that they used their own trucks and drivers ( except upon rare occasion ) . Not true. My pick up was "Big Boy Moving." Four guys in which one was on the phone the entire time, one was skyping in the bedroom with the doors closed and the other two were working. The head guy immediately told me there would be an extra $300 for a long haul and $150 for a bulk shipment. I had told Natalie the elevator was right there next to the loading dock at my apartment. She said no problem, no long haul charge. The bulk charge, I never did understand and they really couldn't explain it . When I called Natalie while this guy was trying to collect this money, she said and I quote "Well I will never use them again.". She said she would call me back and that's the last I heard from her. I was stuck. I ended up calling Big Boy Movers and they had no answers either. Before the movers were done, they came right out and asked me for a tip. Of course I gave it to them, they had my stuff. But they literally asked me. This was the most unprofessional experience I have had moving. I have written an email to the manager Joshban Molina who has never responded. Natalie stopped communicating the minute she had my money. The only good thing that happened was that they were on time. I do not recommend this company at all. Besides the rudeness of the actual movers, there was no support from the company I had hired, Delta Van Lines. They could have cared lessCathy A.
- Business Description:As an InterNACHI certified inspector I am able to provide you with an Inspection or Construction Management Services for a very affordable cost. Because this is a passion and not a job, I will go over and above anyone else who provides these services. Flat rate inspection fees, self service online scheduling and 7 day per week availability are just a few reasons to select FishDog Services
- Business Description:Polk County Heating and Cooling has been in buisness since 1969. It has gone from 1 employee to 27 . we are a complete mechanical sub -contractor. Our billing procedures are c.o.d. for most services, financing is avalible on qualifing services
- Business Description:We are a full service Plumbing Company, with an extensive experience base. We specialize in older home and are one of the few companies still experienced in well repair. Remodels and service are our focus, though new construction is now problem, including the tank-less models of water heatersRecent Review:While repairing my kitchen faucet, Curt Hauser damaged a part of the unit. He picked up new part, which leaked. He got another part. It also leaked. The manufacturer replaced the entire faucet, as it had a lifetime warranty. Curt came to install the new unit and I said I wanted to clarify that there would be no charge. He said that the only charge would be his labor. I disagreed, since the faucet needed to be replaced only because he damaged it during his original service call. He agreed to wave the fee. He then installed the new unit incorrectly and I called him back. He returned and installed in correctly, however, he did not install all of the pieces of my replacement faucet. He was dishonest when I asked him if he used the old base (it had some lime deposits on it). He cleaned them off and asked me if I was satisfied with the job. I knew that he had lied to me, but I told him that I was satisfied because he returned promptly and installed it correctly. It wasn't until after he left that I discovered that the head of the faucet was also from the old unit. I don't know what became of the majority of my replacement faucet. I just know that I didn't get it. In addition to the plumbing incompetency and the dishonesty, he used profanity (of the most vulgar sort) in front of my children. I don't feel comfortable calling him back (to get the rest of my replacement faucet) because of his unprofessional character. <br /Susan G.
- Business Description:A Local family owned company, loocated in Des Moines, but we travel anywhere in Iowa. We are the Total Construction Contractor.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated service company, Established in 2007, We service Most Small businesses and residential properties. We also offer Project Management larger projects to ensure you get what you pay for and work done on time, on budget and done correctly. Free Home and Business Fire and Life Safety Inspections and free Quotes
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Find septic tank services in
septic tank services in West Des Moines
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-1 Complete Septic Tank Service5900 SE 6th Ave
Pleasant Hill, Iowa
- A-1 Complete Septic Tank Service
- City Plumbing1525 E Lincoln Way
- City Plumbing
- FishDog Services101 N Cherry Ave A
- FishDog Services
- Rex Amstutz
- Rex Amstutz
- Torgerson Excavating5642 NW Third Ct
Des Moines, Iowa
- Torgerson Excavating
- Vanderpool Construction, Inc.1100 N. 14th St.
- Vanderpool Construction, Inc.