A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Indianola, IA
There are 3 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Indianola
- A-1 Complete Septic Tank ServiceThese guys were smart, quick, informative and helpful with tips and tricks between services. Would recommend and definitely hire again for my next service. If I hadn't been home to see it with my own eyes, he cleaned up and you can't tell he was even there.
- DraintechEverything went very well. The technician was extremely knowledgable and spent a lot of time teaching me the do’s and don’ts regarding the proper care of the system. He was very patient and easy to talk to. I’m very glad I chose this company.
- DES MOINES DRAIN & SEWER CLEANINGWhy did I pick them on a Friday afternoon when I'd never called them? They specifically listed septic lines in their ad. I called; described the problem, and the receptionist said she'd have a guy call me back this AFTERNOON. I really didn't expect that prompt service. The guy, Dustin, called me within 1/2 an hour and asked for our address as his GPS was giving him incorrect information. I told him, and he was on his way. He then called me again and wasn't sure where we were - he was right in front of our house! Anyway, I described the problem and showed him where the water was spilling out in the basement. He had me flush the toilet, and then agreed that we definitely had a clogged septic line. He had it fixed within about 20 minutes. We asked him what we could do in the future. The problem: toilet paper that wouldn't break down. He asked what type we use, and I told him Charmin. He said that it's the worst kind for septic tanks, as it won't break down and then causes a back-up, like what we had. He told us to use Scot's 2-Ply. It will break down! He was prompt, professional, and knew his stuff. We'll call them again for any septic issues!
- Todd J White Plumbing IncHad an existing septic system where the lateral/sand pit was bad but the tank was good. Todd installed peat moss tank versus a sand pit. Couldn't use a regular lateral line tile due to clay soil. Punctual. Friendly. Explained all options clearly.
- Torgerson ExcavatingThese guys had a great price and very personable while on the job. There work was perfect and almost too nice to cover up. If anyone needs septic work I highly recommend Craig and Todd. There is a big difference between installers.
- Weather Control Heating & CoolingJohn Gray provided excellent and timely service. Showed up on time, friendly, answered my questions.
- BOB'S SEWEROOTER SERVICEThey are really good to deal with. The person that built our house didn't do well with what he did. He didn't close the pipe going from the house out to the septic tank so that the water and everything would drain faster. We have to dig up our driveway about every 18 months to fix this pipe. So, we decided that it would be cheaper to have somebody come out here to roto-rooter the septic tank. Bob's Sewerooter Service is a wonderful company run by a father and his two sons. The septic tank is right now. We call them and they are out here within an hour. It once happened on an Easter Sunday and the father said that his son wasn't busy on that day. They don't even charge you anything extra for coming out on weekends and holidays. I just love them. The price for the last service was $75. It seems like the price goes up by $5 or $10 every 18 months. It's still worth it. We tried running the snake ourselves and doing it ourselves, but it turned out to be more
- Luellen Brothers IncThe cost was very reasonable. They are knowledgeable, friendly, prompt and they know what they are doing.
- GREENWOOD'S SEWER SVCAfter cleaning the drain the technicians then showed me the location of the problem area and made recommendations as to the best way to repair the underlying problem and marked locations of sewer lines to aid contractor who will do the repair. Technicians were very professional, helpful (clearly answered all my questions and insuring I understood their explanations), and knowledgeable of their job. The only problem encountered was poor response and communications to schedule the job. When contacted on a Friday the staff person receiving the call said she couldn't schedule the equipment at that time and would call me back on Monday to set an appointment. She did not call on Monday or Tuesday. I then called on Wednesday and the service was scheduled for the next day. My suggestion is call backs be scheduled and recorded much like other appointments and the client be contacted even if response is not fully to the clients likening. Failure to return my call gave an impression of indifference on the part of the office staff
- FOREST SEPTIC TANK SVCFirst, they did not show up on the date scheduled so had to reschedule. There was no call from the company. Once they came back, they did install the new system, however, they destroyed a brand new 6" chainlink fence with the equipment eventhough it was many feet away from the plaice they had to dig up. They said absolutly nothing until we came to see the work. When we called, first we got ignored by the boss of the techitians that did the job. We had to call yet again and talk to the owner who dismissed the whole thing. In addition, they did not level the area back but left hills on the yard.They finally agreed to come back and put the dirt back to cover the wholes and level the hills where the dirt had been pilled while digging. They spread the dirt but not even on the area that they dug up but rather covered our gravel driveway! We could not beleave it. To make matters worst, we got a $500+ bill for them coming back to spread the dirt and still no resolution about the fence. At that poit we were so frustrated that I didn't them fixing the fance. Finally with the owner we told them we would take care of the fence and not have to pay the $500+ bill. He agreed. I would never use this company again. It was a nightmare. A year and some later, we still have deep holes in our yard from where they dug and huge tranches. Will not recomend them to my worst enemy
Septic Tank Companies in Indianola
- Recent Review:He did a really good job. Everything with all the permits and inspections went really well. I would definitely recommend them.Nathan G.
- Business Description:A-1 Complete Septic Tank Service has been serving Des Moines, IA and the surrounding areas with septic tank services for over 40 years. We serve residential, commercial and industrial customers, and also offer a complete septic certification for realtors and mortgage companies. You can count on A-1 for: • Septic tank installation • Septic tank cleaning, maintenance and repairs • Tank replacement • Lateral field installation • Commercial grease trap cleaning • Commercial snow removal • 24-ho..Recent Review:These guys were smart, quick, informative and helpful with tips and tricks between services. Would recommend and definitely hire again for my next service. If I hadn't been home to see it with my own eyes, he cleaned up and you can't tell he was even thereESB Garth M.
- Business Description:Looking for a plumbing or HVAC company that will treat you with respect and complete the work effectively? Look no further than Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. They obey the rules to live by and treat their customers the way they would want to be treated. That means their technicians go above and beyond to ensure that every job is completed safely and properly. Their technicians undergo ongoing training in a state-of-the-art facility to ensure that they are up-to-date on industry cha..Recent Review:Service was excellent. Fair pricing, prompt, and reliable.Steve M.
- Business Description:We are a full service Plumbing Company, with an extensive experience base. We specialize in older home and are one of the few companies still experienced in well repair. Remodels and service are our focus, though new construction is now problem, including the tank-less models of water heatersRecent Review:While repairing my kitchen faucet, Curt Hauser damaged a part of the unit. He picked up new part, which leaked. He got another part. It also leaked. The manufacturer replaced the entire faucet, as it had a lifetime warranty. Curt came to install the new unit and I said I wanted to clarify that there would be no charge. He said that the only charge would be his labor. I disagreed, since the faucet needed to be replaced only because he damaged it during his original service call. He agreed to wave the fee. He then installed the new unit incorrectly and I called him back. He returned and installed in correctly, however, he did not install all of the pieces of my replacement faucet. He was dishonest when I asked him if he used the old base (it had some lime deposits on it). He cleaned them off and asked me if I was satisfied with the job. I knew that he had lied to me, but I told him that I was satisfied because he returned promptly and installed it correctly. It wasn't until after he left that I discovered that the head of the faucet was also from the old unit. I don't know what became of the majority of my replacement faucet. I just know that I didn't get it. In addition to the plumbing incompetency and the dishonesty, he used profanity (of the most vulgar sort) in front of my children. I don't feel comfortable calling him back (to get the rest of my replacement faucet) because of his unprofessional character. <br /Susan G.
- Business Description:DJ's Septic Service, in Perry, IA, is the area's leading septic tank company serving Guthrie, Polk, Boone and surrounding counties since 2009. We are a father-son team that offers pumping and cleaning, septic inspections, septic jetting and more. For all your septic tank needs, contact DJ's Septic Service in Perry.
- Business Description:Dickerson Mechanical is a family owned and operated business started in 1993 by George Dickerson. Our employees have extensive knowledge and experience in residential and commercial heating and cooling systems, geothermal, radiant in-floor heat, boilers, plumbing, electrical, and on-site waste water systems, water & sewer lines, new construction, remodels and service. Subcontractors utilized for carpentry, sheetrock, and painting on remodel projects and to install loops for geothermal HVAC ..Recent Review:Did very good job and was very nice, he stayed had helped my mother in law get a jump start for her carKEVIN D.
- Business Description:A Local family owned company, loocated in Des Moines, but we travel anywhere in Iowa. We are the Total Construction Contractor.
- Business Description:Bee-Line Drain & Sewer Cleaning is a company that specializes in all aspects of pipe cleaning, clogs and broken pipes.Recent Review:He was very polite, looked over the situations and took care of my problem. I have been using this company since the mid-70s and they have not disappointed me once over those years with all the different properties I’ve ownedLorna J.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated service company, Established in 2007, We service Most Small businesses and residential properties. We also offer Project Management larger projects to ensure you get what you pay for and work done on time, on budget and done correctly. Free Home and Business Fire and Life Safety Inspections and free Quotes
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to grow plants over your septic tank, the answer is yes, as long as you stick with plants that have shallow root systems to avoid damaging the septic system. Learn the best plants to install over a septic tank.
Find septic tank services in
- Saint Charles
- West Des Moines
- Melcher Dallas
- Pleasant Hill
- Des Moines
- Windsor Heights
- Van Meter
- Prairie City
septic tank services in Indianola
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-1 Complete Septic Tank Service5900 SE 6th Ave
Pleasant Hill, Iowa
- A-1 Complete Septic Tank Service
- City Plumbing1525 E Lincoln Way
- City Plumbing
- FishDog Services101 N Cherry Ave A
- FishDog Services
- Golden Rule Plumbing Heating & Cooling Inc804 NE Main St
- Golden Rule Plumbing Heating & Cooling Inc
- Hauser Plumbing & Piping1111 N C St
- Hauser Plumbing & Piping
- Rex Amstutz
- Rex Amstutz
- Torgerson Excavating5642 NW Third Ct
Des Moines, Iowa
- Torgerson Excavating
- Vanderpool Construction, Inc.1100 N. 14th St.
- Vanderpool Construction, Inc.