Cables, cords, and wires are needed to power the devices in our homes, but hiding them all can be a real hassle. Learn 11 ways to put them out of sight.
Get matched with top Electricians in Lake City, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local electricians.
Matching on Angi
Recent Electrician Reviews in Lake City
- Pro Handyman ServicesThis is the second time Mark and his wife have installed kitchen cabinets, crown molding on the cabinet tops, and countertops. His work is excellent and done in a timely manner. We recommend his finish carpentry.
- Premier Construction ServicesIn February 2013 we hired Premier Construction to undertake an extensive building project which included an addition to our house that doubled the existing square footage, a remodel of the existing space, and the construction of a detached garage. Also included in the project were a rear deck, a front covered deck, and a patio just off the newly constructed walk-out. Our building project with Adam and Premier Construction was definitely a collaborative effort and the design options Adam presented to us always reflected our wishes and preferences. As the project advanced, there were change orders at our request which Adam took in stride with his characteristic can-do cheerfulness. Adam never sees a problem that can't be fixed or a challenge that can't be met and he possesses a great aesthetic sense as well as an impressive amount of knowledge and experience in the construction business. The end result, which we are now enjoying, is a seamlessly executed addition which has all the features we most desired. The quality of workmanship in the addition surpasses that of the original dwelling, a credit to Adam and the first-rate team of employees and sub-contractors associated with Premier Construction. We have no plans for further improvements...but...if we ever decide to build a party shed, we'll call Adam
- Ward Electric - IowaWe were very happy with this crew. They were very professional and they did a great job the whole family's happy with all three houses and we would definitely hire them again.
- T&D Electrical LLCWell, for starters, after calling about 6 different groups in Chicago they were the first to call me back. They sent a guy to the apartment we are having electrical issues with and reported back to me promptly. The dispatcher was cordial, bubbly and anxious for my business. This team has its act together from what I can tell, at least thru the assessment process. We may use them again for an expensive fuse box-breaker box switch. I asked the handyman to send me a picture of our outdated fuse box and the dude is a natural photographer. Our issue happened in Buena Park. When you call them ask for Marianne. Tell her Paul of Iowa sent you
- Ward Electric - IowaFantastic. Cannot recommend highly enough. We bought a house built in 1957, and the last remodel had been done sometime in the 70's. We completely gutted the main floor and attic to studs, and rebuilt from there. New layout, the whole deal. Ward did a complete rewire, new panel, data lines, cable, any residential electric you can think of, they took care of. Great guys to work with, kept us in code, answered our (sometimes dumb) questions and worked with us on last minute changes. Came out whenever we needed questions answered or last minute modifications done. Will be contracting them to complete our basement when we get to that part of the remodel. Cannot recommend highly enough. Charlie and Jared (and Jared's apprentice? Sorry forgot his name) were great to work with. If you've worked with many contractors (and I hadnt until this remodel) you'll learn that certain things can happen or issues will come up - but not with these guys. Far and away the best contractors we had...and will be using again. If you need a reference we are happy to be one
- Palmer Electric IncReal quick response time, very reasonably priced, had the option where he could of charged anything that he wanted but he was fair with his pricing and did a quality job.
- Mr. Electric of Kansas City NorthlandIt went very well. He was here pretty promptly. He did a couple of extra things for us besides what the big deal was. Price was good. He was right on time.
- Forest Hills Electrical Contracting IncPaul contacted me as soon as I reached out to him. I chose his business primarily based on his Angie's List ratings and comments that were posted. I was not disappointed. Paul is very professional. I hired an electrical contractor in New York City without meeting him face to face! (Thank you Angie's List and Thank you Paul for participating in Angie's List!!) Wow, was I impressed with Paul's willingness to get my job done as quickly as he could. I was under the gun to get the fuse box replaced ASAP or lose the dwelling insurance. Paul even provided me with documentation I requested in order to prove to the insurance company that a contractor had been hired and the fuse box was going to be replaced!! This bought me more time with the insurance company before they cancelled my insurance policy. The insurance agent came after the job was done and took photos and said Paul's company did a really nice job. The insurance company did not cancel my policy!!! Paul really explains each step of the process and even gives you a heads up for a potential worst case scenario, which in my case didn't happen. Paul coordinated the inspection with the City and Con Ed. He informed me and the surrounding residents that the power would be temporarily off when his crew swapped electrical boxes. He sent me regular updates, he kept me informed of the project's progress, and he sent me a copy of the final City Inspection. He only asked for a partial payment after the new panel was installed. He did not ask for his final payment until the inspection was complete with Con Ed and the City. I felt there was a level of trust between Paul and I that made doing business with him very easy. Paul is very good at communication and giving updates, which I really appreciate. He explains the process at the level you can understand. (This is a comman theme in some of his customer's comments about him.) I would definitely hire Paul's company again
- Mitchell Electric LLCVery well! Joe was the technician who came to my house. He is very friendly, pleasant, and knew exactly what needed to be done. Got right to the job and completed the work efficiently and correctly. He was very knowledgeable so I felt very comfortable with him doing the job. I told him of a couple other things I'd like done and he reported it to the office gal. I hope they send Joe to do the couple of other things I want done
- METRO ELECTRIC INCJob turned out to be much more than expected. Electrician dealt well with the additional problems. Worked steadily and still got the job done in a reasonable time frame. It was good to have an experienced person on the job.
Electricians in Lake City
- Business Description:Owner operated. Additional DBA: The Fan Doctor. Licensed electrician in New Hampshire & Massachusetts. Over 30 years experience.Recent Review:It went very well. Ed was very prompt and responded to my call within an hour. His work was excellent. He informed me that for safety's sake I should have a GFI in the kitchen area (actually he checked the circuit and determined that I needed two to comply with code). He replaced the switches and outlets that I needed, installed everything (with many trips up and downstairs to the electrical box to determine what was on which circuit). He was very professional and friendly and good-natured while he worked. I will definitely hire him againSusan L.
- Business Description:Have no fear, HelloTech is here. We can send a tech to your door to help with your computer, home theater, TV mounting, and general device needs. In many cases, we can solve your issues remotely for much less, simply by connecting to your computerRecent Review:Great. Joe Zimmerman of AAA Computers showed up on time, knew exactly what he was doing, and even supplied a power cord which was missing from the box the movers had packed the computers in. He went out of his way to make sure things were working correctly and gave me a tutorial on fixing issues by myself were additional problems to crop upSusan T.
- Business Description:general construction, concrete finishing and stamping, installing, demo, large or small we get dirty doing them all. we do it all in one call making your dream home and improvements to give you the memoiys that make you completely love your hom
- Business Description:Manufacture and distributor of Fiber Optic Cables, Cable and Connectors for Broadcast TV , Radio, and communication industries.
- Business Description:WARMZONE is a national company designs and sells radiant snow removal systems for heated driveways and walkways, radiant floor heating and roof deicing. We have a trained staff of professionals that will learn about your project requirements and perscribe the best solution possible to heat your driveway or home. We have a network of subcontractors across the United States. Our consultations and designs are free and we have one of the largest selection of proven products to choose from. Call o..Recent Review:Warmzone has been very responsive. However, the installers made mistakes installing the system and when they went to correct it, somehow caused damage that made the system inoperable. They had to come back a year later and redo it. Now it works pretty good. Every time I've had questions Warmzone has been very responsive. i would use them again--but use their recommended installers and not my contractors who did it last time. <br /> One caveat: The system doesn't always work perfectly in very cold weather with fast accumulating snow. We have old-fashioned clay brick pavers. Next time I'll send Warmzone a sample of the pavers so that they can test for the power needed to operate the system effectively. <br /> But--they sell a great product and they're very helpful to deal with. They'll get right on the phone with you and troubleshoot, even long after the sale. <br /Carol B.
- Business Description:Sternquist Garage & Tire, located in Boone, Iowa, has been your complete automotive repair and tire center since 1920. Were proud to say we only sell quality parts and tires with quality service, backed by our personal guarantee. For auto repair, transmissions, brakes, oil changes, tires, and air conditioning needs come see us today! You matter to us! Thats why our customers come back to us and refer us to their friends. Choose us! We are celebrating our 100th year in 2020Recent Review:Every time I've been in there to get work done on a vehicle they've always done above and beyond <br /> with their service, products and expertise. <br /> I've had several vehicles in for them to work on and they are always <br /> good at getting the job done right. I've had serious extensive work that <br /> needed done and they were very professional at doing it right. <br /> <br /> <br /John S.
- Business Description:Residential, small Commercial, and Agricultural electrical company.Recent Review:<p>I was really impressed with all aspects of the service. From the time of my first call to them for a quote and to the time service was scheduled and done was less than 1 week. They came at 8:30 am and had work completed by 3:30 pm. The electricians were courteous and knew exactly what needed to be done and knew how to get it done. It was a pleasure visiting with them as they worked. Especially since the projects I had were in an existing home and wire had to be run to hard locations. Also, while they were there, I had them update several other light switches and check the safe operation of others.</p> <p><br /></p> <p><br /></p> <p><br /></p> <br /Blake S.
- Business Description:Welcome to Whit's Electric LLC! Whit's Electric LLC has been providing quality electrical work for several locations all across Iowa since 2005. We provide a wide variety of services to industrial, residential, agricultural, and commercial properties. Some of the many services we provide are rewiring, installation and sales of lighting, generator repair and sales, setting underground wire setting for new construction, service upgrades, and electrical pole setting. Whit's Electric LLC speciali..
- Business Description:ElectricalRecent Review:I called Scott Ridgway for a quote. He was polite, straight-forward, and professional. I was building a new garage and needed it wired. I had already gotten 2 other estimates and Scott's was the lowest. I told him I wasn't sure when it would be ready for him and he said to call him when I knew and he would get started on it as soon as he could. When my garage was ready to be wired I called Scott and he and 2 of his employees met with me and my fianc e. Scott & his employees were very knowledgeable, explained everything in detail, and answered all of our questions. Within 2 days his people were there performing the work. They had the garage completely wired and the lights installed within 2 to 3 days. The city inspected it and it passed. The entire experience was made so much easier by Scott and his employeesKathy S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful electrician articles
Outdoor kitchens are a great way to use your yard space with your family or entertaining. Here are some tips to keep your outdoor kitchen clean and maintained.
Figure out the cause of your light bulbs burning out too soon. There are several potential causes: the type of bulb you're using, the fixture itself, or your home voltage.
Find Electricians in
Electricians in Lake City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Clarinda Heating and Cooling720 S 12th St
Clarinda, Iowa 51632
- Clarinda Heating and Cooling
- DL Construction LLC215 N Elm St
Carroll, Iowa 51401
- DL Construction LLC
- Edz Electric2925 Shiras Ave
Dubuque, Iowa 52001
- Edz Electric
- Green Light Renewable Services2809 Kingman Blvd
Des Moines, Iowa 50311
- Green Light Renewable Services
- Pats Electric20083 270th St ---
Carroll, Iowa 51401
- Pats Electric
- RIDGWAY ELECTRIC1605 N Court St
Ottumwa, Iowa 52501
- RIDGWAY ELECTRIC