Rewiring a home—new or old—is a dangerous job. Whether you’re adding a few new outlets or replacing all the wiring in an old home, it requires professional help. Find out the cost to rewire a house, from permitting and inspections to cleanup.
Get matched with top Electricians in Storm Lake, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local electricians.
Recent Electrician Reviews in Storm Lake
- Pro Handyman ServicesThis is the second time Mark and his wife have installed kitchen cabinets, crown molding on the cabinet tops, and countertops. His work is excellent and done in a timely manner. We recommend his finish carpentry.
- Ward Electric - IowaWe were very happy with this crew. They were very professional and they did a great job the whole family's happy with all three houses and we would definitely hire them again.
- Ward Electric - IowaFantastic. Cannot recommend highly enough. We bought a house built in 1957, and the last remodel had been done sometime in the 70's. We completely gutted the main floor and attic to studs, and rebuilt from there. New layout, the whole deal. Ward did a complete rewire, new panel, data lines, cable, any residential electric you can think of, they took care of. Great guys to work with, kept us in code, answered our (sometimes dumb) questions and worked with us on last minute changes. Came out whenever we needed questions answered or last minute modifications done. Will be contracting them to complete our basement when we get to that part of the remodel. Cannot recommend highly enough. Charlie and Jared (and Jared's apprentice? Sorry forgot his name) were great to work with. If you've worked with many contractors (and I hadnt until this remodel) you'll learn that certain things can happen or issues will come up - but not with these guys. Far and away the best contractors we had...and will be using again. If you need a reference we are happy to be one
- Premier Construction ServicesIn February 2013 we hired Premier Construction to undertake an extensive building project which included an addition to our house that doubled the existing square footage, a remodel of the existing space, and the construction of a detached garage. Also included in the project were a rear deck, a front covered deck, and a patio just off the newly constructed walk-out. Our building project with Adam and Premier Construction was definitely a collaborative effort and the design options Adam presented to us always reflected our wishes and preferences. As the project advanced, there were change orders at our request which Adam took in stride with his characteristic can-do cheerfulness. Adam never sees a problem that can't be fixed or a challenge that can't be met and he possesses a great aesthetic sense as well as an impressive amount of knowledge and experience in the construction business. The end result, which we are now enjoying, is a seamlessly executed addition which has all the features we most desired. The quality of workmanship in the addition surpasses that of the original dwelling, a credit to Adam and the first-rate team of employees and sub-contractors associated with Premier Construction. We have no plans for further improvements...but...if we ever decide to build a party shed, we'll call Adam
- T&D Electrical LLCWell, for starters, after calling about 6 different groups in Chicago they were the first to call me back. They sent a guy to the apartment we are having electrical issues with and reported back to me promptly. The dispatcher was cordial, bubbly and anxious for my business. This team has its act together from what I can tell, at least thru the assessment process. We may use them again for an expensive fuse box-breaker box switch. I asked the handyman to send me a picture of our outdated fuse box and the dude is a natural photographer. Our issue happened in Buena Park. When you call them ask for Marianne. Tell her Paul of Iowa sent you
- Palmer Electric IncReal quick response time, very reasonably priced, had the option where he could of charged anything that he wanted but he was fair with his pricing and did a quality job.
- Mr. Electric of Kansas City NorthlandIt went very well. He was here pretty promptly. He did a couple of extra things for us besides what the big deal was. Price was good. He was right on time.
- Forest Hills Electrical Contracting IncPaul contacted me as soon as I reached out to him. I chose his business primarily based on his Angie's List ratings and comments that were posted. I was not disappointed. Paul is very professional. I hired an electrical contractor in New York City without meeting him face to face! (Thank you Angie's List and Thank you Paul for participating in Angie's List!!) Wow, was I impressed with Paul's willingness to get my job done as quickly as he could. I was under the gun to get the fuse box replaced ASAP or lose the dwelling insurance. Paul even provided me with documentation I requested in order to prove to the insurance company that a contractor had been hired and the fuse box was going to be replaced!! This bought me more time with the insurance company before they cancelled my insurance policy. The insurance agent came after the job was done and took photos and said Paul's company did a really nice job. The insurance company did not cancel my policy!!! Paul really explains each step of the process and even gives you a heads up for a potential worst case scenario, which in my case didn't happen. Paul coordinated the inspection with the City and Con Ed. He informed me and the surrounding residents that the power would be temporarily off when his crew swapped electrical boxes. He sent me regular updates, he kept me informed of the project's progress, and he sent me a copy of the final City Inspection. He only asked for a partial payment after the new panel was installed. He did not ask for his final payment until the inspection was complete with Con Ed and the City. I felt there was a level of trust between Paul and I that made doing business with him very easy. Paul is very good at communication and giving updates, which I really appreciate. He explains the process at the level you can understand. (This is a comman theme in some of his customer's comments about him.) I would definitely hire Paul's company again
- Mitchell Electric LLCVery well! Joe was the technician who came to my house. He is very friendly, pleasant, and knew exactly what needed to be done. Got right to the job and completed the work efficiently and correctly. He was very knowledgeable so I felt very comfortable with him doing the job. I told him of a couple other things I'd like done and he reported it to the office gal. I hope they send Joe to do the couple of other things I want done
- METRO ELECTRIC INCJob turned out to be much more than expected. Electrician dealt well with the additional problems. Worked steadily and still got the job done in a reasonable time frame. It was good to have an experienced person on the job.
Electricians in Storm Lake
- Business Description:Owner operated. Additional DBA: The Fan Doctor. Licensed electrician in New Hampshire & Massachusetts. Over 30 years experience.Recent Review:Had a lot of work done. I needed ceiling lights, connected to wall switches, put in for 4 second floor bedrooms, which had no existing light fixtures. Ed cut holes in the ceiling and installed 4 electrical boxes (fasten 3 studs and one brace). Then he went up into the attic, ran wire to the wall switch, and put in new double switches. He then installed 3 ceiling lights and one ceiling fan. Next he went back up into the attic and ran new wire into 5 closets, and installed lights in them. Those lights were connected to the double switches he had installed before. Ed then replaced an older ceiling light with a new one. Finally, he replaced a couple of older breakers with new ones and put in some blanks too. Ed charges a Flat Rate for the work, so if it takes longer, it does not cost more. He is very profession, shows up on time, and works hard for the entire time he is there. I plan on having him come back in the future to do some more work that needs to be doneCory C.
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear..Recent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:Have no fear, HelloTech is here. We can send a tech to your door to help with your computer, home theater, TV mounting, and general device needs. In many cases, we can solve your issues remotely for much less, simply by connecting to your computerRecent Review:One hour to set up a 32 " TV and sound bar. We are now using 3 remotes to operate TV. Kept asking questions. Second hour was the Harmony remote. First he did not bring computer. Had to use ours. Kept asking questions. He did not connect all of our equipment, we need to get someone else to correct what he did. Our last remote programming was done in 20 minutes. Plus during this covid time, he had to use bathroomJeanne & Temple B.
- Business Description:WARMZONE is a national company designs and sells radiant snow removal systems for heated driveways and walkways, radiant floor heating and roof deicing. We have a trained staff of professionals that will learn about your project requirements and perscribe the best solution possible to heat your driveway or home. We have a network of subcontractors across the United States. Our consultations and designs are free and we have one of the largest selection of proven products to choose from. Call o..Recent Review:They were absolutely wonderful. Will sure recommend themjorge d.
- Business Description:We're a family owned company that has been in business for more than twenty years. We take pride in doing a quality installation that is done right the first time.
- Business Description:Residential, small Commercial, and Agricultural electrical company.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Control Solutions, Drees Co.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Additional DBA - Langel's Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, Langel's Plumbing & Heating. License no- C089669.Recent Review:I walked into Langel's and spoke directly with Mark, requesting the cost of a simple toilet repair. I was given a price (under $60) that I was ok to continue scheduling a appointment. Mark gave me his cell number to send some pictures of said toilet. Imagine my surprise when I received bill once work was finished and it was almost 4times the amount Mark said it would be!! When I phoned him regarding this, his response was that he doesn't recall me standing at the counter speaking with him!! Really? But he gave me his cell number! My husband tried calling Derek, the owner several times and Derek never returned any of the calls. When I mention this to locals in the community... They tell me this is why they'd never choose Langel's!! Lesson learned! Doug the plumber was great, his service I am not upset with. I am upset that I wasn't informed of the $75 an hour labor fee. Doug didn't work real fast and took time to visit with me and look at pictures, had I known this was costing me so much I would have never chatted with him. Mark told me this would cost under $60 and NEVER mentioned plus labor. So I had no idea till the bill arrived. Doug had to come back the following day due to HIS mistake in installing this toilet piece and Langels charged me again for this trip, even though it was the mistake of the plumber. Mark did remove the second day fee but did nothing about the $150 charge in labor that I was not informed ofDiane H.
- Business Description:WE DO REWIRES OF OLD HOMES, ADD NEW CIRCUITS WHERE NEEDED WE SOLVE ANY ELECTRICAL ISSUES THROUGH OUT THE HOUSE WE CAN ALSO WIRE NEWLY CONSTUCTED HOMES WERE LICENSED IN IOWA, SD,NEB,AND MINN.
- Business Description:R. M. Service & Associates has done research & product development for simple low cost means of electric power plant and greenhouse farm integrated facility construction to use free & waste fuels for small public and private community applications. Site potentials analysis and facility design are offered for multiple family, commercial, and industrial uses globally. Solutions are sought from multiple technologies without regard for product promotion. Nine patented inventions have been placed..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful electrician articles
Circuit breaker boxes give you the electricity you want and the safety you need in your home at the convenience of a switch. This guide will give you a comprehensive view of everything you need to know about your breaker box.
Knob-and-tube wiring was popular in the past before we were worried about computers and TVs. Using this guide, you’ll learn what steps to take if you find K&T wiring and who to contact to start the process of replacing it.
Find Electricians in
- Sioux Rapids
- Sac City
- Lake View
- Ida Grove
- Wall Lake
- Rockwell City
- Lake City
Electricians in Storm Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Edz Electric2925 Shiras Ave
- Edz Electric
- Frisbie Construction, LLCPO Box 242
- Frisbie Construction, LLC
- Hawk-I Electric Inc114 Prairie Rd
Storm Lake, Iowa
- Hawk-I Electric Inc
- IA ElectricPO BOX 694
- IA Electric
- JB Electric L.L.C.195 S Madison St
- JB Electric L.L.C.
- Langel's Plumbing Heating AC & Pump Service Inc735 6th St SW
Le Mars, Iowa
- Langel's Plumbing Heating AC & Pump Service Inc
- Mitchell Electric LLC717 N Derby Ln Ste C
North Sioux City, South Dakota
- Mitchell Electric LLC
- Nemal Electronics12240 NE 14th Ave
North Miami, Florida
- Nemal Electronics