Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Hudson, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Hudson
- ALLIED PROPERTY MAINTENANCEThe work took a relatively long time in large part due to the weather. Ryan and his crew went to great pains to get everything right. The columns are tapered slightly so that required some difficult carpentry. New wooden steps, railings, and a deck were all correctly installed. Neighbors and passers by often complement the appearance of this porch
- Chris's Handyman ServicesChris was on time, responsive, communicative and an overall excellent contractor. He did everything he said he would, an did it ahead of schedule. I have some additional work I will need him to do, and I will have no issues calling him back to do it. I have used several contractors in the Cedar Valley, and he is the only one I would recommend to friends
- Zubak ConstructionWe were very happy with every part of this project beginning with our first call to Nick Zubak for an estimate. He promptly returned all phone calls and answered all questions we had. He offered helpful suggestions and completed the new deck very quickly. We were very pleased with Zubak Construction and would definitely use them again. We felt his estimates were very reasonable
- Chris's Handyman ServicesChris interviews very well. Was excited to get projects done around the house. Doesn't hire competent workers. Have had a door replaced. Paid for it on 10/26/2014, took two weeks for them to get started on replacement. It is now 1/6/2015 and it still isn't done. Have had people here to "look" at it numerous times. Has promised multiple discounts, but I just want it done. *To be fair, Chris did injure his back and was laid up, but since he subs the work out.....
Contractors in Hudson
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:At Chris's Handyman Services we work on your home like its our own home. We give senior and veteran discounts. We also have free estimatesRecent Review:Chris showed up on time and finished quickly. He was pleasant and professional. He's going to scrape it again tomorrow morning and the next time it snows 2" or more. We are very satisfied with his work and the priceSue D.
- Business Description:At J Christensen Painting & Home Repair we specialize in interior painting and small home repair projects. Attention to detail and treating your home as if it was our own is priority on every job. Being an owner operated small business means you will be dealing with the same person the entire job & building a trusting relationship with the owner of the companyRecent Review:J Christensen Painting and Home Repair does superior work! Jason is very particular and it shows in the end product. You will find no one better! He is also very personable and easy to work with. We give him the highest of recommendationsMary N.
- Business Description:Aesthetic Elements is a commercial and residential design/build general contractor.Recent Review:Was treated horribly. Everything they did was awful, roof leaked, texture globbed on and a mess, siding coming off and over nails bumpy in spots. Very unproffessional, did not finish kept changing things from what they said. Used my things during thrir work. Left my belongings outsideAmy N.
- Business Description:Framing Remodeling Siding Patios Decks Landscaping Retaining Walls Carpentry Residential Construction Bars Fire Pits Drywall- Hanging and Finishing Basements Attics
- Business Description:General Contractor in business since 2000. Numerous sub-contractors. All the materials and fees and approximately half the labor shall be paid in advance and the remaining balance shall be paid upon completion. Other arrangements may be made. Not accepting credit cards at this time. All workmanship shall meet code requirements and has a ten year warranty on almost all work
- Business Description:Business is closed. Retired
- Business Description:construction company catering to customer's specific needs.Recent Review:kitchen - base ended up 2" shorter on sink side, counter top and floor were ordered short, was charged more for back splash because they said it wasn't in bid even though I had back splash and he remove the back splash. Roof - stains are back after 2 months, stole extra shingles ..Driveway, bid $6,500 and refuse to do curb/gutter, he wanted 1,800 more...damaged my hose and did not replace, water was left on, paint all over <br /Robin S.
- Business Description:Factory direct service. ShadeTree® Canopy Systems are a unique, patented shade system. The canopies can cover LARGE as well as small patios or decks. There are several styles and fabrics to chose from. A patented wind-release mechanisms helps reduce wind damage.The systems are custom-manufactured to each customer’s specifications, then shipped directly to the customer. The systems were designed to be a do-it-yourself-installed product, however, local installers can be referred if customer req..Recent Review:Very professional, great quality and easy to order with their directions.Norma P.
- Business Description:Design/ Builder residential home builder specializing in custom homes and kitchen and bath remodeling. We also do constuction consulting and handyman work through our home warranty service department.Recent Review:Craig Fairbanks was always honest and upfront from the start of the project. He and the company worked well with us to try and keep the project in budget even under unforeseen occurrences. Craig had very good knowledge throughout all phases of the project from digging the hole to finishing touches and landscape. He was able to stick to the original budget except for extras which we wanted. The prices charged for our extra demands were very reasonable. Since the house did not get finished until the end of December, Craig had to finish up the landscaping the next spring. It did take a while to get the landscaping finished but the grading is great and we've never had water in the basement. We've also had him do work after the house was finished since we do trust his work as a contractorJoshua G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Cedar Falls
- Elk Run Heights
- La Porte City
- Grundy Center
- Shell Rock
general contractors in Hudson
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bierman's Hauling & Handyman Service101 Sprcue St.
La Porte City, Iowa
- Bierman's Hauling & Handyman Service
- Dave's Handyman Service1110 Fleur Dr
- Dave's Handyman Service
- Planetary Investment1709 Jefferson St
- Planetary Investment
- Schultz Repair & Renovation LLC1015 W. 2nd St.
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Snag Creek1719 N. Cottage Row Rd.
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- SUNROOMS BY TEAM627 Main Street Unit 4
- Schultz Repair & Renovation LLC
- Zubak Construction1610 Cottage Row Rd
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Zubak Construction