Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Get matched with top home builders in Chariton, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Chariton
- J & T ConstructionWithin a week after bidding the project, they came and measured the project. While we finished demolishing the old structure and removing the debris (finished April 10, 2014) they were busy building walls in their shop to erect on site. 4 days later (on Monday, April 14, 2014) they were here bright and early repairing foundation and Tuesday, April 15, began putting them up! Now starting the 4th week, and with 4 or 5 rain days in between, they have exterior and interior walls erected (2 stories), sheathed, roof trusses up, sheathed and papered, stairway to the 2nd floor nearly completed, and house wrapped in Tyvek air infiltration barrier. Tomorrow they will begin to install windows. The quality is very excellent, they are very efficient, easy to work with (I made changes to the plan a few times), jovial and super nice guys - it's only a 2 man team. All the rooms are exactly the right size, square, and level. I am very impressed with their work. The new house is 1638 square feet 3 bedrooms, single story on each end, and 2 story in the center with the 3rd bedroom upstairs and has a balcony overlooking the living room. The main floor also has an office for my business, decently large rooms (each of the main floor bedrooms is 12 x 12 feet, living room is 12 x 15 feet not including the stairway.) If anyone needs a house or other building constructed, J & T Construction is the very best, cost is very reasonable ($31.32 per square foot - plus materials). You'll get very high quality and fast reliable work putting it up!!
- BERTE & SONS CONSTRUCTIONThey did an excellent job and had the garage framed, enclosed and roofed within 2 weeks. Very friendly and easy to work with crew. Top quality work. Highly recommended.
- MARK KUCHEL CONSTRUCTIONThe team was well prepared with sufficient labor and the correct tools to get the job done quickly and safely.
- M & H ConstructionWe had an old back porch, approximately 5 feet by 5 feet. The windows were single pane and most were broke. No insulation. Not big enough to do much more than come in and unlock the back door to get into the kitchen. We had a vision for a porch that could be enlarged to accomodate our washer/dryer, new window, insulation, outside back entrance, new outside steps and be long enough to enclose our outside basement door by creating a walkway to a new outside basement door. Mike came over to do an estimate and carefully wrote down everything we mentioned. Within a couple weeks, he presented us with an estimate that captured all we said plus suggestions for the things that were needed that we had not considered due to our lack of construction knowledge. As soon as the weather broke in March, he and his crew came over when they said they would and tore off the back porch in a day. After the foundation was taken care of, they were back to construct the porch of our dreams. Cooperation between Mike and the concrete contractor, plumbing company, electrician and flooring people(all of which I will do reviews for) was marvelous. He was willing to work new ideas that we came up with as things went along. He took time to talk with us at the end of the day and we enjoyed his company very much. He and his crew were responsible, reliable, knowledgeable, fair and most of all, honest and trustworthy. What he said is what he did and more. Now we have our new outside steps and landing, a new back door, a beautiful room that is now 5+ feet by 15 feet, a great energy efficient window, total insulation floor to ceiling, storage spaces about the part that enclosed the basement walkway and storage underneath the porch accessible in the basement walkway and a new basement door, siding to match our garage, new screen doors and a new roof on the structure. He captured our vision!!! We have recommended Mike and his crew to many of our friends and will be contacting him in the future to side the rest of our house or for anything we need that he can assist with
- Opie's Construction & RoofingThey worked so hard even through the coldest months. The crew was very kind and helpful and they remodeled an old farmhouse in the city limits and made it look like new again. They also tore down an old barn and hauled that away.
- Mark Carolan ConstructionMark and his construction crew do excellent work. We had a little problem initially communicating time schedules and expectations, but have discussed this and now i find that Mark is on top of keeping me informed of all schedules/timelines. His men are pleasant, professional, and do excellent work. Mark exhibits excellent carpentry/design skills and comes highly recommended in the construction community. His crew also clean up the work area each day prior to leaving!! I would highly recommend he and his crew for any building/reconstruction projects
- BROWN CONSTRUCTIONThe crew came promptly when expected and speedily removed the rotten old deck. They came back at a later date (after the house painting was completed) to build the new deck. They consistently do professional, top-notch work. Easy to do business with, prices are competitive, and the work is always done well and on time
- HENNING CONSTRUCTION SVC LLCTremendous workmanship - easy to work with - attentive to details - great ideas. I can think of no other builder in our area that I would completely trust with a large or a smaller construction job. They are THE best.
- DOUG W JOHNSON-RES/COML CONTROur experience with Doug Johnson was excellent. His work crew was very professional. They were on time every day. We had our kitchen completely gutted. They hauled away everything. They installed all the new cupboards and flooring. Doug lined up the electrician and plumber. Doug also contacted the counter top people when it was time to have them come out and measure for installation.They reset all the appliances. At the of the day they made sure everything was cleaned up and put away before they left. If we had any questions they would take time and answer it. If were not happy with something they would do their best to fix it
- TWIN HOME BUILDERSI contacted Twin Home Builders on the advice of a semi-retired contractor. I left a message and they returned my call promptly and made an appointment to see the work I wanted done. They were on time and pleasant to work with. I received a quote the next day and they were able to fit me in very quickly! They arrived on time and got right to work, answering my questions as they worked. They completed all the rough work the first day and then we had to wait on the inspector. While we waited, they agreed to move a light fixture, which was not part of the original quote, as well as fixed a broken banister in the stairwell. They also removed bulky items from the attic before insulation that we were unable to move. They worked on a Saturday to finish the job and cleaned up well when they were finished. Kirby, Kelly, and Larry are great to work with, and next time I need some work done on my house, Twins New Home Builders will be my first call
House Builders in Chariton
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Call us for your interior and exterior paintings. Flooring, Windows repair, fencing, retaining walls, We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality for new installations and repairs. We guarantee your satisfaction, Call or click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:They were very nice people and they did a nice job.gene p.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Locally owned by Kevin and Jill Sundall, and serving the Iowa Great Lakes Region, Spencer, Spirit Lake, Esterville and surrounding towns for 20 years. We feature Amwood custom homes and: Complete remodeling Cabinet installation Countertop installation Kitchen remodeling Bathroom remodeling Room additions Sun rooms Custom cabinets Entertainment centers Fire place surrounds Garages Amwood Custom Homes, by Sundall Construction offers luxurious living with affordable prices. We have..
- Business Description:Buildings , metal , pole frames , stud frames , metal roofing , metal siding , remodel, new construction, residential and commercial. Insulation spray foam and blow in . We offer competitive pricing with good quality work in a timely manner !
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business. We have flooring, lighting, 4 lines of cabinets, countertops, and much much more.
- Business Description:Â©2011, GM Handyman, All Rights Reserved. Look no further, we are here to help. We are a family owned and operated business and understand the need for trusted, quality workmanship. If you are looking for great service and affordable prices in Webster City, Fort Dodge, or surrounding areas in Iowa, I encourage you to give us a call. We provide a wide range of services for both residential and commercial clients, and we take the time to help with even the simple things
- Business Description:Frase Construction Inc is a locally owned and operated business in the Ottumwa area since 1999. Business owner, Jeremy Frase invites you to come visit his showroom, complete with a large variety of retail products. Frase Construction specializes in new construction and remodeling. Serves include: - Roofing - Additions - Windows - Siding - Kitchens & Baths - Cabinets - Concrete - Electrical - Plumbing - Decks - Garages - General contractors - Designed build - Egress Windows - Casement W..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
What is it about chalet-style homes that feel so inviting and cozy? This article features a history of chalet-style homes, outlines its benefits, details key design elements, and shows how to incorporate a chalet-style design in your home.
How much does it cost to demolish a house? Average prices for demolition vary based on home size, materials, and location. A partial demolition can make a project more affordable than a full house demolition. Keep reading for more.
Find home builders in
- Melcher Dallas
- Saint Charles
- Prairie City
- Pleasant Hill
- West Des Moines
home builders in Chariton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Cabinets By Stac508 W Sheridan Ave
- Christian Bros. Excavating L.C.2070 485th Street
Sioux Rapids, Iowa
- City Builders2009 Center St
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Courtney construction company
- Creating Spaces528 36th Street
Des Moines, Iowa
- Creative Home Renovations2909 20th Street
Sioux City, Iowa
- Crittenden Design Building Systems207 Iowa Ave
- Cabinets By Stac
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Home Builders and Restore LLC2804 Fleur Dr
Des Moines, Iowa
- Home Builders and Restore LLC
- M & H Construction11652 Sperry Rd
- M & H Construction
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc2185 Fox Ave
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc
- Pfantz Construction406 4th Ave NE
State Center, Iowa
- Pfantz Construction
- S.W.E. Construction1000 S 7Th
- Schaus-Vorhies Water Treatment609 W. Grimes
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- STROMAX CONSTRUCTION INC406 E MADISON ST
- Stutzman Builders9325 NE Reynolds Way
- Sundall Construction Co1696 260th Ave
Spirit Lake, Iowa
- S.W.E. Construction
- Wooden Ways2032 260th st
Grand Junction, Iowa
- Wooden Ways