Diamond Cuts & Landscaping

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2009

8341 SW 23rd Ct

Miramar, FL 33025

We are one of the premier full service landscaping companies in Broward and Palm Beach Counties. We are owner-operated and have 22 years experience. We strive to give our customers a higher quality of service at a competitive price. Diamond Cuts has created a reputation for maximizing the beauty and value of commercial, institutional, and residential properties. ...

05/24/2017

Nicole E.

I've been calling over the last 3 days, leaving a message each time, and still no one has gotten back to me. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
I called a few days ago to have a large ligustrum and 7 topiaries trimmed. I spoke with a man who asked if I could text him my address to provide a quote.

04/27/2017

tanya B.

was thrilled to find these guys with great reviews. emailed on 3/8; followed up a couple of weeks later with a call, then a couple of weeks later with a second call, just asking them to respond to me to see if it was even a fit for them to come out and quote the job. no response. super bummed out since everyone loved them, their work, and their professionalism. :-(

Description of Work
sprinkler system and yard tweaking - removing some shrubs, replacing others.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

07/24/2015

Ian R.

Jeremy was responsive and helped us with choosing the best plants for our budget. Showed up with a couple other guys, and they banged out the job within half a day. He followed up about a couple week later and addressed a minor concern. Jeremy returns calls, and texts pretty quick and was always professional and courteous. I would recommend, and use them again for a possible phase 2 down the road.

Description of Work
Removed old shrubs and some trees. Replaced with various ornamental plants and trees, shrubs along new fence.

Category landscaping, tree service

04/23/2015

Sirka D.

Jeremy (one of the two partners) came out and did estimate. He recommended I get the sprinkler system looked at (I did). Once Diamond killed off the current yard and we had everything planned and were ready to go, I sent Jeremy pictures and asked him to use his best judgment and bring more plants and small trees. On go day, both partners came with their sizable crew and knocked the yard out in a few hours, a good team. They brought and installed the extra plants and trees I requested. The yard looks awesome! Last minute when they were wrapping up, I decided to add another 20 or so small plants and Diamond agreed to come back the next morning and install (they did and sent me photos at work via text). They were easy to work with and offered suggestions and dealt with my last minute requests without the bat of an eye. Both partners were friendly and both told me to call and send pics if I see anything of concern happening with the yard. I would recommend them and would use them again. Great job, Diamond!!

Description of Work
Prep lawn then lay 6+ pallets of sod, remove old pavers/rocks, move and replant small tree, install 3 triple palms and 3 other small trees, install sod, various plants, mulch.

Category hauling services, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, tree service

02/25/2015

deb R.

This company never cleaned up our lawn as promised, Furthermore the grass was cut too short . They did a poor job overall. Most of all the guys never hauled away the debris , they just keep on leaving piles of tree leaves and branches on my front lawn. See response by owner Jeremy Smith in email below when we notified him of out problem. Diamond Cuts Landscaping6:01 PM (17 hours ago)to meI think it's very likely that someone in the neighborhood did some trimming and dumped it on your lawn ..my guys would not have done that much trimming on any trees without my approval to begin with Diamond Cuts Landscaping9:34 AM (1 hour ago)to mewhatever you people are nuts

Description of Work
Left all the landscaping debris on my front lawn. We tried to contact Jeremy Smith and took pictures of the debris that was left and he told us that our neighbors must have dumped on our yard. He then called us nuts on an email. This company does not have the capacity to handle high end homes. According to the owner's response we are pleased to see that he confirmed our doubts about his integrity and character and service.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

We serviced this property only 2 times. On our second visit we were blamed for leaving a small pile of tree trimmings. I explained to the homeowners "assistant" that we have dump trucks, we don't leave piles of debris, and that my men informed me that this debris was already on the property when they arrived to cut the lawn. She was pleasant and I told her in the future we will be sure that there's no debris left on the property. I later emailed the "assistant" and informed her that it's likely that the debris was put there by someone working in the area. I then get an email that our services are no longer needed because we left a small pile of debris. I then replied "whatever you people are nuts" Which I whole heartedly feel is an accurate description. We all know that there's plenty of nuts in South Florida. One good thing about owning your own business is that you can choose who you want to deal with. In this case they chose not to do business with us, which is ok. For future reference: Any person who has an "assistant" handle the hiring/firing of the lawn service..Please do not contact us.

12/30/2014

Jill A.

Their price was better than other bids. we had a misunderstanding on the start date for the job but once we discussed that, they were on the job the very next day!

Description of Work
installed sod and repaired the sprinkler system to ensure i twas working.

12/13/2014

Ian W.

Besides being punctual, skilled and professional, they are easy-going and wonderful to discuss design ideas with. They are also responsive to all forms of communications: texts, emails and phone calls. I am so happy with my front yard. It's perfect! :)

Description of Work
Richard, Jeremy and the DC crew did a fantastic job on my front yard. They removed the old landscaping, installed healthy new plants and meticulously laid the borders and rocks. They even installed the extra plants in my back yard for free.

10/09/2014

Kathryn C.

Jeremy and his team were great from start to finish. What a nice group of people to work with. Jeremy was prompt, accurate and timely. He and his team installed plants and ground cover in my small front yard, side yard and back yards. They also removed two trees and hauled away all debris. No leftover mess for us to clean up. They were creative in their approach and listened to our wants and needs. They were also flexible when the plans needed to be changed. Jeremy's first estimate was spot on to the final bill. I would highly recommend Diamond Cuts. Great job!

Description of Work
Landscaping, trimming, removal of trees

Category landscaping, tree service

06/17/2014

William H.

Everything was perfect!

Description of Work
New landscaping of front yard

06/03/2014

CATHY B.

This contractor was unwilling to travel 10 miles to do business.

Description of Work
I sent a message and received a call back immediately only to find out this company was not willibg to do business in Ft. Lauderdale. The business is located in Coconut Creek, 10 miles away.

Category landscaping

This person emailed me asking for a phone call..I called her immediately and informed her we don't service her area. Based on that information she decided we deserve an F rating. For the life of me I can't understand why somebody would give us our first F rating on Angies List solely based on the fact that we do not service her area. I think Angies List members should put a little more consideration on the effect that the review they write can have on a business. We work very hard to please everyone and to bend over backwards. I would hope in the future that if we receive an F rating it would be from an Angies List member that we've actually worked for.

04/08/2014

Michael P.

Service and price were excellent. Jeremy arrived on time for the estimate and on time for the day of the work. The work they did exceeded my expectations. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Removed 2 trees, removed old mulch, weeds, brush and vines. Put down cloth weed barrier, stepping stones and small stones.

03/29/2014

Kim F.

Happy with every aspect of this service. Jeremy was prompt in coming out to scope the work & make recommendations, turning around the estimate, and scheduling the job. On the day, he and his sizable crew arrived on time and got right to work. I'm glad I kept an eye on the work, because there were a couple of things that the crew started to do differently from how Jeremy and I discussed, but they were courteous and flexible in redoing to my satisfaction. Once all was done, I told Jeremy I wished we had put a couple of taller plants in the back against the fence instead of short ones. He said no problem, left, and came back in a half hour with two taller ones, moved the originals and planted the new ones. The whole job took only 3 hours and they hauled away all of the debris they created plus a lot that was already there in my yard. He had also offered to pick up a stone bench for me if I found one I liked at Home Depot. I didn't find one yet but I think he would still do it!

Description of Work
I hired them to take out one small tree, and the rest was some tree trimming, a lot of clean-up, and putting in a pathway and a number of new plants in my small backyard. They also checked my sprinkler coverage and gave me a referral for some work I needed.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, tree service

03/08/2014

Mark G.

Entire experience was great. Jeremy was at my house the day I called and had the job done by Thanksgiving which I requested. I would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Prepared yard and laid new sod in front yard. Removed some bushes and a palm tree. Recommended great irrigation guy that replaced the entire system

03/05/2014

Rene B.

I contacted them to do a monthly maintenance on my property. I was told that the schedule was three times a month on Summer time and twice a month otherwise. I tried to meet with the owner, Jeremy, on a day I was at home but he never came. He showed up on another day and talked to my wife. She showed him some bushes that needed to be cut on the first maintenance. The crew showed up and didn't cut the bushes. I called him to let him know about that and said my wife never mentioned to him about it, however he sent the crew again to take care of it. I never knew when the crew was coming home to do the maintenance and, all the times I called, I never got an answer and had to leave a voice message. Last time, I contacted the owner, had to leave voice message, to let him know the crew only came once during February and that I was going to cancel the service and pay only half the monthly fee. I never received a call to find out what was wrong or follow up on my decision. I don't like companies that you have to ask them for invoices or keep you informed when they perform the services.

Description of Work
Monthly Lawn maintenance.

Category landscaping, lawn service

There's not much in this description of what happened that is acccurate or true. It's a shame I have this posted on my business profile and that I have to bother responding to such nonsense. We try very hard to please everybody and I think it shows in our work and in our reviews. We have never had a bad rating on Angie's List.

01/27/2014

Dari P.

I found them on Angie’s List. The guy who does our area is Richard. He has been here twice. So far so good and I am watching. The few things I asked him to do and he has done them and let’s make sure it continues. As long as there is somebody who oversees the work it is usually done to my satisfaction because I have spoken to them. When the people stop and are relaxing and then they send untrained staff or people who can just mow a lawn and pattern an edge that’s when I start having problems because I can’t be here all the time. If I was going to do that I would rather do it myself. The grass is not a problem. It’s the trimming and remembering to take off all the crop pods and trimming the edges away. They said they will do once every 10 days and came after two weeks. We have cold snap and nothing is growing so maybe that’s what kept them away. I didn’t have Jeremy the main guy come but I don’t want Richard’s work to match Jeremy’s work as Jeremy is an ace.

Description of Work
I used Diamond Cuts & Landscaping to lawn and for edges. They trim the pods before they open and before all the pollen flies into the pools. They trim the leaves and they keep everything looking manicured. They blow the excess leaves away and clean up our patio.

12/11/2013

patrick M.

They were very reasonable with cost. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They did a landscaping job for me.

09/30/2013

Howard Z.

Proprietor called back in a short time to advised he did not work in my area. I thought this was very thoughtful and professional of him.

Description of Work
I called for estimate...left message on answer machine.

09/26/2013

Jacob T.

They did a good job. It looks fine. If I need them, I will them again.

Description of Work
Replaced the lawn.

09/20/2013

Nicole E.

Richard and his team showed up early the next morning and began removing the tree from yard. My neighbor told us that she was impressed by how quickly they took the tree down. They were fast and left my property unusually clean. I would hire Diamond Cuts again in a heartbeat; they're professional and they do quality work without charging you an arm and a leg.

Description of Work
My previous landscaper had treated my lawn with a weed killer that just destroyed the lawn. I called Diamond cuts to see if my lawn would bounce back on its own, or if we needed to re-sod. Richard came to my home on time and suggested we just give the lawn some time to recover. Richard also gave me a fair estimate on removing a tree in my front lawn and grinding down its stump.

Category lawn service, tree service

05/15/2013

Elizabeth P.

I called to get an estimate on some minor yard work and the person who answered the phone was very polite and professional. He informed me that the job was too small for his company and referred me to someone else.

Description of Work
Called for an estimate on some yard work.

05/08/2013

Roberta B.

They were fabulous. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They are wonderful. They were very reasonably priced. We have used them twice because we were so satisfied the first time.

Description of Work
I use the landscaping services of Diamond Cuts & Landscaping. They did our house and when we moved, they just did our condo.

04/24/2013

James W.

Everything was good. One of the areas that they took care of had an issued and they fixed it promptly. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They have done landscaping for us.

01/19/2013

Jacob T.

They did a fine job. Everything went very well & the lawn looks so beautiful now.

Description of Work
Installed a new sprinkler system & new sod in the yard. The original system was not connected to city water.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

12/20/2012

marvin E.

They do a wonderful, thorough job. Jeremy the owner was great, was on time, and had a fair price.

Description of Work
They did trimming, and cleaned up the place.

12/17/2012

Anthony R.

Service was done promptlly and with no isses.

Description of Work
Used the Angies List coupon to get mulch installed. Qas a great deal and will use this company again in the future for landscaping.

Category mulch