Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Get matched with top septic system services in Lake City, FL
There are 0 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Lake City
- MOORE'S SAND & SEPTICI called Moore's Sand and Septic this morning when I noticed our toilets were not flushing right and knew something had to be done. Heather answered the pone immediately she was very attentive asking questions to see what my needs were she was very professional, she told me Ben would be right out I was very pleased at the quick response. Ben was a very pleasant and professional young man explained everything to my husband and I about what he was going to do he answered all the questions we had. I would definitely recommend Moore's Sand and Septic to anyone looking for assistance with their septic system
- Advance Septic Onsite Solutions, LLCSuper happy with the work provided. Will definitely be using Advance Septic in the future! The job was completed quickly and he was here at the appointment time we agreed upon. ADVANCE SEPTIC IS THE BEST AND DAVID CALDWELL IS GREAT TO WORK WITH!
- A Advanced SepticAfter hiring a septic pro last July to pump out my septic and this April noticing leakage over the septic cover, I called Advanced Septic this time and after Wes and Justin reviewed the issue, discovered that the previous pump-out was not done properly and the septic lid was not secured correctly. After a few questions and a crash course given by Wes on how a Septic works and and what and what not to do with my garbage disposal and sprinkler system ( I knew none of this) I soon discovered that I was contributing to the problem. I now have a 100 percent better understanding thanks to Wes and Justin. These guys are a great asset to Advance Septic who should be proud to have them both
- Crews Septic SolutionsWent above and beyond my expectations! Service was great! Receptionist responded to all my phone calls and questions. Service man came out performed the work in a timely fashion and went above and beyond Performed work as described. Within one hour my septic system was up and running, I would highly recommend this company
- Crews Septic SolutionsThe service was amazing! The young lady was so helpful on the phone explaining what may be needed and the employees showing up so quick the next day to take care of the septic issues! So very professional and concerned about the problem! I have been using Crews Septic for years and would not use anyone else
- SOS SEPTIC OR SEWERShowed up on time. Had a littke troubke finding the septic tanks but foubd them pretty quickly. I was given a discount for angies list when I called. When the guys were collecting payment, they didn't know about the discount. I told them and they didn't hesitate to correct the charges. Overall they were clean, fast, and very courteous. Woukd highly recommend
- A Able Septic-Sewer Service IncA friendly person answered the phone and scheduled a pump-out service. The technician showed up on time, two days later and completed the service. The cost was extremely reasonable. They even did a good job covering up the two holes in my yard that were necessary to access the septic tank lids. I will definitely use this company again
- Lundy's SepticPerformed the work in an excellent manner. Explained things to me to help in the future to better care for my system. I would recommend this company in a heartbeat. Prompt arrival time. I am impressed!!!!!
- Advanced SepticCame the same day I called. Very professional, friendly, and followed through with everything. WIll be using again.
- Gibson Septic Tank ServiceThey arrived on time for scheduled appointment and performed the work efficiently. The workers were courteous and professional.
Last update on October 19, 2021
Septic Service Contractors in Lake City, FL
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Find septic tank services in
- White Springs,
- Lake Butler,
- Fort White,
- O Brien,
- High Springs,
- Live Oak,
- Glen Saint Mary,
Septic Tank Contractors in Lake City, FL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- J&D Builders of Central Florida, Inc.PO Box 1306
Windermere, Florida 34786
- J&D Builders of Central Florida, Inc.
- Lundy's Septic8596 Us Hwy 90
Live Oak, Florida 32060
- Lundy's Septic
- Stephenson Septic Tank Service592 NE 831st Ave
OLD TOWN, Florida 32680
- Stephenson Septic Tank Service
Septic tank companies that service Lake City
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.