Champion Septic

Founded 2011 • With Angi since December 2011

Middleburg, FL 32068

*** We are currently closed due for business ...

08/01/2019

Juani K.

never showed up, never called to cancel, very irresponsible.

Description of Work
Pump out septic

Category septic tank

You have never set up a appointment with our company. Sorry that whom ever you called failed you.

05/02/2018

Linda L.

Great. James arrived early, understood my situation, dug up the tank lid, and saw that the tank was fine and did not need to be pumped. He tried to "snake" through the line to feel the clog, but could not free it. He recommended a plumber who would have the longer auger who could get the job done. He did not pump out the tank and only charged me a service call. True professional. I will call him again if I need any septic tank service.

Description of Work
Needed to know if septic tank needed to be pumped or if there was a clog in the line to the tank

02/18/2018

Karen C.

They called the service person they recommended for me and refused to charge me anything for their visit. I was VERY impressed and pleased, and would ABSOLUTELY call them again! The only mix-up was caused on the part of Angie's list. Champion was listed as a 24-7 service, but they said they had called Angie's list to change that. They did arrive promptly early Monday morning.

Description of Work
I thought I needed my septic tank pumped. They arrived and realized the problem was not the tank, but a blockage in the line going to the tank.

10/16/2017

Teresa M.

Fantastically easy and same day service! Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Septic clean out

Category septic tank

Thank you for being kind to us we look forward to your next service.

09/25/2017

Mary Jeanette H.

He arrived on time, worked quickly and professionally and I am very satisfied with the result. He obviously knew what he was doing and did it well. He was friendly and answered all my questions. This is the second time he has done work for me and I would hire him again.

Description of Work
The septic tank stopped working just as hurricane Irma left. The problem was not related to the storm, but the lift pump broke.

Category septic tank

It is nice to have repeat customers gives you time to catch up on life with good people very enjoyable to chat with, not to mention you stay familiar with the system to notice any potential problems.

08/11/2017

Nancy M.

Dependable and professional in every manner. Excellent service and quality. Excellent price. James is a pleasure to do business with and we just wish every company had such high quality standards. Much appreciated. 😃

Description of Work
Septic tank installation and services for over 4 or 5 years, now.

Category plumbing, septic tank, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Thank you, it has been a joy working with you, your job has been a unique experience due to all we have had to do but those kind of job is what makes us a good company to handle them. We look forward to many more yours of partnership with you, James.

08/10/2017

David R.

Excellent very professional,prompt service,a job well done.

Description of Work
Pump septic tank

Category septic tank

Thank you for reviewing our company, James

06/29/2017

Wendi R.

It did not. I shall call David Gray now. I guess being first on the Angie's List search really boosted his business.

Description of Work
They told me they are not accepting any new clients.

Category septic tank

Thank you member but how can you give us a review based on our phone message? We could not take anymore business so we are not promising work we can not do. Thanks James

06/20/2017

Mark S.

James was here on time, went right to work, and was gone within an hour. Very professional.

Description of Work
I wanted the septic tank pumped out before new landscaping and sod were placed. This was not an emergency.

Category septic tank

Thank you for your review look forward to working with you in the future.

05/10/2017

Daniel D.

The experience was great. I called to request a septic inspection and James was able to fit me in the next day. This was a great help to me during the home purchase process. His inspection was thorough and his advise proved right. I feel better prepared to proceed with the purchase process without overpaying for the property. Their price is fair and even a bit less than a few competitors.

Description of Work
Septic Tank Pumped and Inspected for FHA Home Purchase

Category septic tank, wells

Thank you our inspection process is based on the Code. We hope you enjoy your new home.

03/29/2017

Patty G.

James was great regarding all of the work we needed to get done. He was very professional and was clear about all of the possibilities and provided advice that made sense and didn't cost a fortune. He was very fair. We would call him again when we need work and would recommend him.

Description of Work
We originally needed to get the septic pumped out and then returned to replace a 9 year old pump and 17 year old electrical wiring and alarm system. All work was done when he said it would be done.

03/28/2017

Mary M.

Gutted lawn and did not put it back. They were very punctual, rates were a little higher because of where I live.

Description of Work
Cleaned septic tank.

03/08/2017

Joe D.

Fast response - great service! Highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Septic tank pump out

Category septic tank

Thank you for your review and thank you for being a repeat customer. Continue doing what you are see you in another 5 years.

02/24/2017

Joe H.

Excellent. Champion was able to diagnose and correct a complex issue in timely fashion. James is professional, knowledgable and clearly cares about his customers. I will happily recommend James to others.

Description of Work
Septic tank pump replacement as well as diagnosing and correcting issue with drainage to drain field

Category septic tank, wells

Thank you for using our company may all work properly and will see in about 4 years, thanks James

12/02/2016

Renee F.

Excellent. I couldn't have asked for a nicer, cleaner gentleman.

Description of Work
Septic cleaning

Category septic tank

Thanks for the kind words we strive to leave the customers property the way we found it, as we all know when you dig there is no way to make it perfect.

11/16/2016

Amy C.

On Nov 4th, my septic tank was serviced by the Champion technician. At that time, he recommended that I install 2 risers to improve tank access at $400 ($200 each). He also determined that the drain field was bad. And, because the field was bad, he recommended that I call his boss, James Champion for an estimate to install a new/replacement septic field/system. On Nov 7th, when risers were to be installed, James Champion came out to provide a "free estimate" for a new/replacement system. At that time, he determined that the septic tank lid was cracked/broken and would not pass inspection. (This was overlooked at the initial tank inspection by his technician.) After about an hour on the premises, James Champion provided an estimate of $10,000 to install a replacement system "w/$400 credit for risers since the main septic tank lid was broken". Since I needed a new system, I shopped around but ultimately did not select Champion to install the new system because of Champion's higher cost. On Nov 8th, I called James Champion to inform that I had selected another company for the new/replacement septic system and requested he refund the $400 paid for the risers. Subsequently, he sent me a check in the mail for $175 and the receipt stated that that amount was the refund minus 3 hours of time at $75/hour. Simply put, I was not refunded the full $400 but was charged $225 to provide what should have been a "free estimate" to install a new/replacement system. Although we found Champion Septic through Angie's List, we have been highly disappointed in the outcome and are happy now that we did not select them to install the new/replacement system. In sum, oversight of the cracked lid during the initial inspection by Champion lead to further inconvenience and cost if not outright price gouging.

Description of Work
Septic tank pumped, cleaned and inspected by service technician of Champion Septic($275).

Category septic tank

We DO NOT GIVE FREE ESTIMATES. We provided the risers like you asked which have to be paid for in advance that you ordered. You were told that the cost of the risers would be credited to you if we did your installation. We CAN NOT buy products for customers then be left having to pay for them because they choose a different route to go. We spent 2 hours out on the property explaining the way to do your new system that was in line with the county health dept, and half our time to go get the materials for your job, plus the purchase of risers that you decided not to use that we DID NOT CHARGE you for.

11/04/2016

Juan Z.

Very satisfied with the service, James Champion went above and beyond to assist me with Home Warranty Paperwork

Description of Work
Septic Tank Pump needed replacement

Category septic tank

Thank you and if you have any problems please do not hesitate to give us a call.

10/19/2016

ashley W.

Shannon pumped out 2 tanks, he arrived a little early as well. The second tank had a broken lid that had to be replaced. He told me that he would do his best to get it in by weeks end. Next thing I know, he calls 2 hours later telling me that he was worried that someone might get hurt due to no lid, so he went back to the shop and found a lid and replaced it! I was impressed with this, it was out of his way but goes to show what a wonderful company they have. Also, this was one of 5 companies I called, the other 4 never returned my calls, the owner answered when I called Champion.

Description of Work
I needed 2 septic tanks and had a lid replaced to one of them

Category septic tank

Thanks for your review, we try to do our best for our customers. If there is a safety issue we try to fix it expediently. Just let us know if we can help you again in the future.

07/08/2016

Nick B.

It had been 20 months since the last time the tank was pumped, by another company. When I was informed there was a filter, I was surprised since the last company did not do anything with a filter. When he pulled the filter, it was evident that had contributed to my problem. Looked like it was 75% clogged. That was probably blocking the tank from emptying. It was extra to clean the filter but well worth it. I highly recommend using this company for septic pumping.

Description of Work
Pumped the septic tank and cleaned the filter.

Category septic tank

Thank you for reviewing our company it is important that since you have a filter to have your septic serviced every 3 to 5 years. Homes built from 1997 through today and beyond will have filters. We hope to see you again in the future.

06/07/2016

michael T.

Called May 6 @ 9:14am, talked to Mr. Champion and when told we had a backed up condition with our septic system, he set an appointment for the next day. The next morning, May 7 @ 9:28am, Mr. Champion was in our driveway ready to service our septic system. Courteous and professional are the words that come to mind when describing Champion Septic. Mr. Champion knows his profession, he knew that our septic tank had a filter that would need to be pulled and cleaned when told the date of installation. Interestingly, we learned our latest and greatest 1.28 gallons per flush toilets had caused the bulk of our septic system issue. He respects your property and treats it as he would treat his own. I recommend Champion Septic to anyone who requires their services. We will be using them again.

Description of Work
Septic Tank

Category septic tank

Thank you sir for your review remember to adjust your inlet line also. The info you gave me on my citrus tree was good thanks. Look for many years of service to you.

06/04/2016

Mark P.

James was professional and punctual. We were grateful for the responsiveness to our request for assistance and the expeditious manner in which he was able to complete the work. We would highly recommend James and Champion Septic to anyone needing septic work.

Description of Work
Replaced the distribution tank and alarm system

Category septic tank

With what you and I had to do I think we made a steak out of a soup sandwich. remember you have warranty on the pump and if you have any future issues just give us a call.

03/16/2016

JANETTE M.

Our toilets started making a gurgling noise Monday morning. Our septic tank was overdue for a clean out. I called Champion Septic and they came out the same day. Just pumped out the tank, no additional problems were found.

Description of Work
Pumped out septic tank.

Category septic tank

Make sure you call us in 3 to 5 years for service to help eliminate back ups. We will be here for you thank you for letting us be your septic provider.

02/20/2016

Patricia K.

From beginning to end, everything went very smooth & professional. This was not an emergency but they came out the very next day after I called for an appointment. Courteous & professional.

Description of Work
Pumped a Septic Tank.

Category septic tank

Thanks for using our company then taking the time out of your busy day to give us a favorable review. If we can assist you in the future just give us a call, James

01/20/2016

Glenn C.

Excellent! Prompt, honest, and professional service. "A perfect gentleman" as reported by my parents. Thank you Champion and Angie's list.

Description of Work
Pumped out septic tank for my parents home.

Category septic tank

Thanks for taking time to review our company. Please let us know when we can help you again.

12/13/2015

DAVID F.

Mr. Champion arrived on time and got right to work. My septic tank was full of liquid because my septic alarm wires were old and frayed and therefore causing my breaker to trip. Mr. Champion replaced the old septic alarm, installed a new sump pump and because my wiring was run incorrectly (Over the lid of the septic tank) when my house was built, Mr. Champion re-ran the wiring from the pump to the house. Note: Mr. Champion advised me that I did not need a new sump pump at this time, however, I had him install a new one because mine was reaching the end of its life. I appreciated Mr. Champion's honesty by not trying to sell me on things I did not need. I will definitely use Mr. Champion for all of my future septic needs.

Description of Work
Replaced septic system alarm, installed new sump pump and re-ran wiring from pump to house.

Category septic tank, wells

Thank you for your kind review. I look forward to many years of service for you and your family. Hope you enjoy your new home and at any time I can help you please give me a call, James