3 Day Blinds - Orange County

Founded 1978 • With Angi since October 2010

167 Technology Dr

Irvine, CA 92618

FREE Same Day Proposal! 3 Day Blinds has specialized in custom window treatments for 40 years, which currently include a wide selection of blinds, shades, shutters and drapes. We bring the showroom to you, FREE in-home design consultation - We Design, We Measure, We Install, You Relax. We take care of all measurements and installation. Whether you have a specific style in mind, are trying to stay within a budget or need to color coordinate, our design consultant can help you avoid the common pitfalls and hassles of doing it yourself. With 3 Day Blinds, you can be worry-free and we'll take care of it all....

08/27/2018

Sara L.

Tim did a great job of installation. Great person!

Description of Work
Installed 7 blinds

08/21/2017

G R.

one measurement error, all else smooth

Description of Work
4 blinds 1 vertical blind

02/27/2017

Rhonda H.

Please see above. Every experience was outstanding.

Description of Work
3-day blinds installed blinds in my family room and kitchen - 4 large windows. They look beautiful and fit perfectly. Any little problem, and they send someone out right away to fix them. I have also purchased shutters from them for some of my other rooms. They did a spectacular job, gave me a great price, and they look wonderful. I love 3-day blinds.

01/10/2017

Mark S.

Went well. Good quality and no issues 3 years later

Description of Work
Shutters on 5 windows

01/09/2017

Richard H.

It went great, however several vertical blinds delaminated within a short time. They were promptly replaced by 3-day.

Description of Work
Blinds for all windows and sliding doors

09/19/2016

Jeffrey W.

Consultation and installation process was very quick and efficient. The service for both were amazing.

Description of Work
Installation of new blinds

04/09/2016

Sabrina L.

It was fine. I had an issue with a part breaking. I can either get someone in to repair it for $85 or I can go to a location that is out of the way and fix it for free. What I want is someone to come out and fix it for free. I think if you pay that much money and it is not a cheap blind they should give some more customer service, especially it being the second time I used them. They are not the cheapest. I was happy to use them after the first time but not this time.

Description of Work
I used 3 Day Blinds - Orange County for window treatments.

04/05/2016

joe W.

It seemed to be expensive. I would less likely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They came in and gave us a quote.

11/03/2015

Guy W.

"3 Day Blinds" was a 3 month ordeal. When the installer arrived to hang the initial order, he informed me that the factory didn't ship all the necessary parts to hang the accompanying valances, so only blinds were hung. 2nd install appointment, the valances were installed, but within days, the blinds were being damaged as they rolled up and down leading to a 3rd install appointment. When I ordered two additional blinds, the wrong color was delivered. Reorder took weeks. The worst part was the lack of communication on the company's part, and when I requested that a manager contact me, that didn't happen either. The "3 Day" name is a ploy. There's nothing special about the quality of their product, and when the quality of their service is even worse, go elsewhere.

Description of Work
New roller shades in living room, bedroom and baths.

07/11/2015

Udi B.

Worst company I ever worked with!!! Customer service is rude!!! Poor quality of motorized custom shades!!! 2 times came to install the damaged motorized shades... 2 times they brought shades that didn't work!!!! The measurement of the windows was done poorly!!! One of the shade way to big. Seconed time - again way too big!! Installer insist to hang it even though it was too big and by doing so- damaging my wall. I am waiting for 4 weeks for the company to replace the shades but... They don't call me back!!! The sale person who sold me the shades (Amiee) doest care!!! I am waiting and waiting and waiting but.. Company doesn't call me back Poor quality Poor service Never use them!!! Never pay them in advance!!!

Description of Work
Ordered 7 custom modern shades to my new home. Four motorized shades and the rest with cords. Been more then two months!!! They still have not completed the work! Coustomer service doesn't call back! Company doesn't care!!! Sent an installer few days after first instulation again with 2 damaged motors and one over sized shade that the installer insist on hanging, even though he scraped the wall. Company has a policy to pay everything in advance and I was so naïve to do so... Now ... There in no one to talk too..,

Category window treatments

We are very sorry for the issues you experienced. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

04/22/2015

Richard T.

The blinds were delivered on time and installed by a installer that did a good job. My complaint is with the person that sold them to me a Mr. Jim Nelson. My living room window is quite wide and Mr. Nelson said they didn't make rods that long any more so they would have to install two rods and then half of the blinds would have to be opened from one end of the room and the other half from the other side of the room. The same with tilting the blinds half from each end of the window. Not ideal but I said okay because I didn't have any other choice. The night after I signed the contract I was thinking about it and I wondered if the new blinds could use the old existing hardware and then they wold work as they had before controlling opening and closing and tilting the blinds from just one end of the window. I wasn't sure they could do that so I called Mr. Nelson and asked him. He said he wasn't sure and didn't seem too keen on the idea, but said I could talk to the installer when he came to install the blinds. I also asked if there would be some reduction in price since the installer wouldn't have to install two new sets of hardware and I wouldn't need those two sets of hardware if it could be done using the old hardware. Mr. Nelson said he didn't think there would be any reduction. To make a long story short the installer said sure he could do what I asked and he did and it works great but he told me that I would have to take the hardware he didn't use. I said I didn't have any use for it but he said I should take it so he put it in my garage. I then called Mr. Nelson and told him and asked if there would be any price reduction, he said he would have to check and get back to me I also asked him to send me copies of a couple of documents that I signed on his computer. He said at the time he would email them to me but he never did. Well I never heard from him again. I've called him 3 or 4 times and left messages for him because I always get his answering machine but he has never called back. I would never do business with him again!

Description of Work
Replaced Vertical blinds in my living room, dining room,bedroom and a bathroom

04/21/2015

Thomas S.

Within a week we got a call that the blinds were in and ready to install. Made an appointment and a few days later, the installer arrived on time and installed the blinds. It only took a few minutes as the windows were small. He was very nice and did a good job with the installation.

Description of Work
They came out and showed us different options for blinds for 4 very small windows in two rooms. She measured the windows and we picked a blind. It was very easy.

02/23/2015

Joanie S.

They were so much over priced. I would never use them again. The guy who came over to do the work was good. He was in and out. He did a beautiful job and cleaned up all my himself. Installation was great and blinds were nice, but they were overpriced.

Description of Work
I had them to come out to hang the blinds. Before the installation a lady came to take measurement and showed me some samples.

Category interior designers, window treatments

12/23/2014

G R.

The meeting was good she had a few no longer samples but there was a choice. Measurments were done. They were fast to call for install were very nice to reschedule to fit my needs. The day of install one blind did not work because of size. Was remeasured and ordered, the installer did go over how to use the blinds. One week and they were again ready to serve and did fit. Now December the wand on the patio blind broke at the link of the wand at the turning mechanism. They did order it and came quickly. So far everything is working well !

Description of Work
3 bedroom blinds and one slide door blind

08/04/2014

Barbara J.

The saleswoman came out on time and was very friendly and helpful. We placed our order with her and all seemed to go very well. Only problem was the custom size sheers were not in by the time we were promised. We waited for a couple extra months and they finally came. The salewoman seemed to disappear in the mean time so the lack of communication was a little frustrating. I think she is handling too many clients so perhaps they should consider hiring some other help. Other than that, the drapes turned out absolutely beautiful! Installation went off without a hitch! I was pleased overall. Thank you 3 day Blinds!

Description of Work
Custom Draperies and Installation.

06/17/2014

Sharon P.

I wanted plantation shutters and the consultant talked me out of it which I regret. The roman shades I ordered don't fall nicely and the large one has a terrible seam in the middle.

Description of Work
Recommend and install roman shades for several windows.

Category window treatments

We are more than willing to work with you if there is an issue with your Roman Shades. We have already reached out to you, and we will await your response for the pictures we requested.

06/11/2014

Julie C.

The experience was very good. The communication was always clear. The consultation was clear and the representative showed up on time. The product was installed on time and I am very happy with the finished product.

Description of Work
Blinds for 5 windows

06/10/2014

Kenneth N.

The order was placed and we were assured that temporary coverings would be Fed Ex'd to us and should arrive in 2 days. We. called 2 days later when they hadn't arrived and was informed they "no longer do overnight deliveries, they arrived a week later. They had taken a 50% deposit. 4 weeks later they called to inquire about how well we liked our blinds. They hadn't been installed yet. Nor had we had a phone call to schedule installation. We received several phone calls from the regarding billing regarding the location of the check we gave them. They had debited our account for the 50% but apparently lost the check but wouldn't own up to it. About a week later the installer (a sub contractor) installed the treatments and we were happy with the quality. If I had to do it again I'd go to Lowes or Home Depot.

Description of Work
Provided in home consultation, assisted in picking out all window treatments. Ordered and installed.

06/10/2014

Laura F.

From the sales consultant to the scheduler to the installer everything was great! Communication was good and they showed up on time for all of the appointments. The window shades are beautiful and just what we needed for our home.

Description of Work
Installed window shades on the entire front of our 2-story home.

05/22/2014

John R T.

They delivered to my schedule. They installed them. Everything went well. I don't have anything to compare it to. They did everything they said they would do. I had no problems.

Description of Work
They put in new blinds for the whole house.

05/21/2014

Robert W.

How many ways can window coverings go wrong? Quite a few, it turns out. - The designer returned the next day because she thought she might have written down the wrong color of fabric. She was right; she had. We were happy she noticed before submitting the order. - One of the Hunter-Douglas blinds came with the pull cord on the wrong side. This was not 3 Day's fault because the order was correct. We kept the blind anyway because it wasn't a serious problem. - One set of curtain rings did not match the curtain rod and had to be re-ordered. - One curtain was installed incorrectly - it should have been 2 panels opening in the center with 2 wands, but it was installed to all pull from one side using 1 wand. So we had to get another wand. - About 10 months after the install, one end of one of the curtain rods fell out of the wall. The installer had simply screwed into drywall with no anchor. None of this was terribly major, but all in all, it was pretty annoying. To their credit, they did refund the $580 installation labor charge as a gesture of good will. I wouldn't use them again.

Description of Work
We needed 4 drapes and 2 blinds installed in our home. A designer came to our home, and we agreed on fabrics, hardware, and all of that. We did not use the "3 day" option, as our window coverings were all custom made.

05/16/2014

Christa D.

The in home consultation was stress free and friendly. She was patient with us, as we couldn't really decide. She gave her expert opinion and gave us the small details of how the shades would work. She also pointed out the pros and cons (cord issues, privacy issues), which was nice. I do wish, since she said she was an interior designer at one point, that she would have guided us more on the light filtering of the particular shades we ordered. I think she knew the shades would be really dark, but she was really only giving us what we wanted, and I won't blame her for that. The shades were installed. Beautiful wooden weaved, mostly dark brown with hints of red and green, top down - bottom up. It made the room super dark. It just took away the beautiful bright room we had. We ended up doing an exchange and they were awesome about it. They are custom shades after all. We ended up ordering the honeycomb shades in a light color with full privacy. It lets in the light but give full privacy. Overall they were great. I guess what I'm pointing out is research more, go to a show room and see the different kinds of shades, go to at least 3 places, ask for take home samples. The samples they had to show us were about 5X7 and that was impossible to get a true idea of how they would look. If the business is reading this..... need much larger samples! :)

Description of Work
Came to house, reviewed samples based on our suggestions and desired look we wanted. Took measurements and wrote up an estimate for us.

Category interior designers, window treatments

04/16/2014

Michael B.

They were courteous, prompt and professional. They sent out the required replacement parts based solely on my description, free of charge. I would have no problem ordering from them in the future.

Description of Work
I called to order parts to repair some blinds.

04/09/2014

Lanna C.

They were really great and helpful. I didn't really know which way to go with the new coverings and they helped me decide what was best for my room. They were patient, on time, neat, and everything went well. I was really happy, worked with me, and gave me a discount where she could. The quality was excellent.

Description of Work
3-Day Blinds put in plantation shutters throughout our family room.

03/28/2014

Nancy P.

The first issue was the fact that they kept misspelling my name and sent the estimate to the wrong email address. This caused a delay of several days. Once I finally got the estimate I had to make payment in full before they would begin work on the blind. I received an email on Feb 4 telling me the estimated ship date for the blind would be between Feb 7 and Feb 14 and that the cust serv rep would be back in touch closer to those dates. When I had heard nothing by Feb 13, I contacted them for an update. I received a call from them on February 15 saying they would have to wait until Monday to check with the factory as they were closed for the weekend. Monday afternoon I had heard nothing so I called them again only to be told they did not have an update for me. On Wednesday, Feb 19, I heard from them again only to be told that the factory had misplaced the template for my blind and it would be ready to ship in 7 to 10 business days. When I asked for an expedited date I was told there was no way to rush the factory. Then on March 1 I received a call from them saying that the measurements written on the template didn't match the shape of the template and they would have to send someone back out to re-measure and make a new template. When their contractor was here to make the template we discussed what had happened and he showed me a picture they had sent him of the template they said was incorrect. It WAS NOT my template, it was not even the same shape as my window. The factory had apparently dropped the ball again but was trying to blame someone else. Re-measure was done and this time I took pictures of the template before the guy left here. I had been assured that the build would be expedited this time and I would have my blind soon. On March 16 I had still heard nothing so I emailed yet again. This time I was told the blind would ship on March 20. On the afternoon of March 20 we received a call stating that the blind had been overnighted and should arrive Monday March 24. (overnight???) They scheduled the installation for March 24 between 3 and 5. When the tech arrived to install the arch I showed him the window in the study where this was to go. He then asked if he could see the blind!!! His records showed that I was to have the blind here. When I told him that was the first I had heard he called 3 day blind cust service and they told him they had shipped it to me and it had been delivered that morning. He asked them for the shipping address and they gave him the address of their warehouse which is over an hour from my house. So we had to reschedule - again. Since I have an international trip planned 3 day suggested we wait until after the trip and install then. I said absolutely not since I wouldn't be home until May. Installation was arranged for today, March 28. After the blind was installed in the arched window you can imagine my frustration when it is not what I had asked for!!!! However, rather than start over with this company that laughingly calls themselves 3 day blinds rather than the more accurate name of 68 days for a single window blind to be done wrong, I will simply wash my hands of this company, their horrible design services, ridiculous joke of a customer service department and cut my losses. The only thing positive I can say about the entire experience is that the company they contract to do their installations was pleasant to deal with. If you are looking for custom blinds avoid 3 Day Blinds completely. This has been nothing but trouble for the truly 68 days it has taken to get the blind that in no way matches what I requested!

Description of Work
I had the design consultant here to order a blind for a single window. The window is up high, above three windows. I showed him another blind exactly like I wanted. The blind was installed today --- not even close to what I asked for.

Category replacement windows, window treatments

We are sincerely sorry for your experience with 3 Day Blinds thus far. We understand that you are currently working with our Customer Care Department to rectify these issues. Our Customer Care team will continue working with you to resolve any issues that are still outstanding.