Cole-Jon Landscaping LLC

Founded 1980 • With Angi since December 2011

PO Box 42118

Phoenix, AZ 85080

Family owned & operated. Additional contact name - John Graham. Additional DBA - Cole-Jon Landscaping....

03/01/2022

rob S.

Best contractor I have had in years! They were very organized, Jon (Older Jon) met us on time, reviewed project, suggested changes and ideas, gave us a timeframe. All we had was a general idea of what we wanted. Quote came within day. Was very reasonable. Started project within the week and was completed withing two weeks. The crews were very professional, clearly had worked with them for years, and no price increases, "re-do's", or miscommunications. Substantial project coming in more than 3000 sf of sod and over 4000 sf total, with rocks, plants, border, etc. Our neighbors have been amazed after seeing dirt for the past couple of years.

Description of Work
Complete landscaping from dirt back yard to irrigation to grass and concrete edging to plant selection and placement

Category lamp repair, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, hardscaping

07/13/2017

J S.

Consistently responsive, professional; excellent outcomes. Have recommended Cole-Jon to friends and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
Bi-weekly lawn and landscape maintenance.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

06/16/2017

J S.

Description of Work
Landscape maintenance.

Category landscaping

05/07/2015

Dan D.

Description of Work
Installed complete sprinkler system for grass in back yard. |Everything that was discussed and agreed was completed within time line agreed and in a professional manner.

04/16/2015

Paige R.

Description of Work
I have used the services of Cole-Jon since 2007. Always responsive, punctual and professional. Can't rate prices they charge because I do not know the market. In this case, Jon diagnosed an irrigation system for me (control board needed replacing)and added some drip lines for me. Will continue using their services!

12/08/2014

Sandra K.

They did a good job. They were on time, friendly and professional.

Description of Work
The company did a lot of removal and planting. They also did minor tree trimming.

Category landscaping, lawn service

08/14/2014

JOHN R.

Description of Work
They install a new water drip system and electronic timer control.

Category irrigation systems, tree service

06/18/2014

David W.

They arrived on time and did the specified work without any problems. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
General yard clean up.

Category landscaping, lawn service

01/03/2014

Coby P.

Description of Work
They we doing complete landscaping like reshaping the yard and planting. I'd recommend them.

Category landscaping

11/07/2013

Guy L.

John was very professional and would have been a wise choice, but I did go with another company.

Description of Work
Gave estimate for irrigation repair.

10/28/2013

MARY B.

The owner, John Graham, came to my house for the appointment and he was late. We walked the property and I pointed out all that needed to be done. What surprised me was that he kept making comments like Oh Boy (can't remember his exact words) like this job was going to be a handful and yet he had been in the landscaping business for a number of years. Made me wonder if he was capable of doing a remodel. We talked for a while and he said to give him a couple of weeks to get back to me with a bid. This is several months later and I have never heard from him. Just another unreliable AZ contractor....and there are a ton of them!

Description of Work
Wanted a quote on relandscaping my front/back/side yards (which included regrading), remodeling the front yard block and iron fence, installing paver sidewalks, removing planters, replacing the watering system and installing downspout drainage solutions. Also wanted additional quotes on redoing my cracked patio slab, redoing the cracked kool deck, and possibly bidding on a built-in BBQ and a pool backwash hose extender solution. He was given a several page typed document which itemized all that had to be done, suggestions on the redesign and a drawing of the property.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

07/05/2013

Jackie C.

Our HOA sent a letter to all residents that a new policy now required all homes to have 5 plants and 1 tree (or tall cactus) planted in front yard within one month under penalty of fines. We're trying to keep landscaping at a minimum - both of us are in our 60's with little interest in gardening. Needed something done quickly (to satisfy HOA) but co-ordinated with future plans to rip out front yard grass and eventually replace with more desert landscaping. Needed something for the immediate situation - while looking to make it compatible with future intentions - plus we needed their suggestions for suitability of plants, etc. Based on what we read on Angie's List we called John and he scheduled a visit at our home a couple of days later. We saw reviews of several landscapers with excellent recommendations - but most were for larger projects. We wanted someone who would do a good job on a smaller project. One of the owners spent over an hour listening to our issues and then offering his suggestions, gave us his price and assured us he could get it done before the HOA deadline. We called him back in a day or so, confirmed it and set a date. We realized this was just "side-work" for one of his crews - and we had to make adjustments for when they'd be out, but they gave it the same attention as if it were a larger job . A four man crew arrived as scheduled and got to work. Jason and crew efficiently got work done in a couple hours, took time to make sprinkler timer suggestions and other plant care tips. Cleaned up area well and carted off brick pavers. Later found that one of the drip lines did not work - but a call to John got it resolved within a day or so - just as he said he would.

Description of Work
Planted 1 cactus (4' tall), 4 desert plants (like red yucca) in both 5 and 15 gallon size and three 1 gallon lantana plants and connected sprinkler drip lines from existing landscape sprinkler system to the new plants. Broke out brick pavers that bordered a 10' x 20' area between entry sidewalk and garage wall and removed 10 stepping stones (about 1' x 1' each) and graded the area. Smoothed out existing gravel around affected areas, gave suggestions for timer settings on sprinklers. We provided all plants ourselves.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

05/13/2013

Morgan B.

Cole quoted the job at a fair price. He scheduled the job and came out with a helper. They completed the work in a timely manner and charged less than the quoted price (they used fewer parts). My only concern was with the helper; he got carried away with trenching where it was not needed.

Description of Work
Installed drip irrigation for five citrus trees using existing irrigation valves and timer.

05/08/2013

Melanie O.

I contacted Cole-Jon landscaping and the call was returned later that afternoon. An initial appointment was made for an estimate of what we wanted completed. Jon came at the appointed date and time and listened and looked at what we wanted completed. He provided an estimate for a monthly maintenance that include the areas that we wanted to be maintained. The estimate was more than reasonable and I set up an appointment to have the maintenance initiated. Within a week, the crew was here to complete monthly maintenance. I needed to call the owner for an additional item that I was not sure of how he was going to follow through with it - specifically weed removal. I called him and we spoke and he was out the following week to complete the work. We have set up monthly maintenance and I am quite sure that the work will be completed as the first two meetings have been.

Description of Work
Basic maintenance for grass removal and weed control and tree straightening was completed.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, tree service

03/22/2013

Kathleen M M.

John came out the day after I contacted him- walked around front & back yard asked what we wanted done & made recommendations as to other areas the needed to be addressed. The crew was here the next week and did a fantastic job getting our yard back into shape. Our neighbor even commented on how nice our yard looked. They were very professional and did a great job cleaning up all the debris-and there was a lot due to frost damage. I would highly recommend Cole-Jon and in fact we are going to have them maintain our yard now on a regular basis. We canceled service after about 10 months. Stopped showing up on time & never sprayed for weeds again after first visit even though we were told would do every 6 months. Also had them maintaining Mom's yard & they charged for weed spray twice in 3 months for a yard that had little to no weeds. They also wanted to charge thousands of dollars to replace sprinkler system that only needed patching in a couple of areas, which I did for less than $50. Would not recommend them anymore. Will definitely wait to see how a company really provides ongoing service before recommending.

Description of Work
We had our front and backyard cleaned up after over a year and a half of my husband not being able to keep under control due to a recent disability. Monthly yard maintenance after initial clean up.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

01/08/2013

Richard R.

paired this company

Description of Work
Repaired/serviced 2 irrigation lines and installed pavers on existing patio as well as creating "walking paths" to 3 "islands" for BBQ Grill, and garden furniture. The team was father, son and one worker, and that did a wonderful job. They were prompt, they were knowledgeable efficient and nice to work with. We were very pleased with the final result. This man and his family are our "go to" company for irrigation and hardscape. We have used their services several times now and we don't bother to call anyone else.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

12/25/2012

Myra B.

He responded quickly, came the day after we called him, arrived on time, solved the problem and made the repair very quickly. Would definitely use him again!

Description of Work
Diagnosed and repaired problem with irrigation system.

12/12/2012

Nicole H.

Jon called me back right away and scheduled an estimate for the following day. He gave straightforward easy to understand information about what was needed to do the irrigation work i was requesting. Their estimates for the irrigation and landscaping were right in line with the other companies I had contacted, but they were willing to accommodate their services to my budget. A big plus in my book! They were prompt, courteous and neat with their work. They went out of their way to try to accommodate my plant requests, visiting multiple nurseries on my behalf. They were flexible and willing to work with changes on the fly. They immediately responded to an issue that I had the next day and fixed it without issue. I feel like they went above and beyond to assure they had a satisfied customer. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
irrigation- installation of new valve and back flow preventer, drip lines and emitters Landscaping- installation of new plants Mounting trellises to wall

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

11/13/2012

Sharlene O.

I called and spoke with Jon, telling him that my sprinklers wouldn't stop working even though they were shut off at the controller box. He came out the very next day. We went all around the yards discussing problems and Jon stated what he thought was wrong. He worked fast as he checked everything, fixing some minor things and replacing a part that was causing the system to continue to work instead of turning off. He showed me the old part he replaced. He even had to do some digging to fix some underground tubing that had gotten damaged. Jon was very polite, professional and knowledgeable about his business. I was shocked when he handed me the bill though because I was expecting something very much higher. It was only $84.21. He charges $70 an hour, but he is no slow poke trying to make more money. I couldn't be happier with the excellent service of this company and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
The entire sprinkler system was checked out including every sprinkler head, the connection boxes, the wiring and the Controller Box. A part was replaced as were a few sprinkler heads and some underground tubing was fixed.

09/28/2012

Phil G.

This company is excellent in all respects and will remain our company of choice for all future irrigation and lawn requirements.

Description of Work
John arrived right on time and was very professional as well as most pleasant. He performed the underground irrigation repair in less than an hour and even went beyond by installing a section of PVC under a garden wall.

09/27/2012

Jason D.

Description of Work
Designed and implemented whole yard design and build. Worked hard and efficiently. Yard is beautiful. Reasonably priced. Honest and punctual. Would recommend fully.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

09/17/2012

Catherine Ann O.

I would hire them again and their fee was $70 per hour. His price was not outrageous or super-cheap; it was about what I would expect. Their response was immediate. He was so nice and talked to me for about 20 minutes on the phone before he came out. I thought he was good.

Description of Work
Cole-Jon Landscaping looked at my watering system and gave me some advice in it. They were just consulting about a problem I was having with the rainwater system. The technician who came out advised us that we are going to need a new one pretty soon. He also fixed a little connection problem in the system.

07/26/2012

Angela P.

Description of Work
A friend needed someone to fix their irrigation system and did not use the computer to much so I gave her this information.She called and he did not service this section of the valley. That he knew a competitor that was close and would do a good job and gave her his number. She was quite pleased with this service and will be using the person that completed the job.

06/01/2012

Carl T.

He was timely and provided the information that I needed. He was thorough in looking at my system and explaining how the system would be installed. He considered my needs instead of just trying to sell me something.

Description of Work
He gave me an estimate to install a sprinkler system.

12/20/2011

Richard R.

Jon is very professional and reliable. His work is high quality, and he takes pride in being punctual. I wouldn’t think of hiring anyone else at this point.

Description of Work
He’s done irrigation work for us on three separate occasions.

Pinnacle Fencing Solutions

At Pinnacle Fencing Solutions, our services come with a history dating to 1946. A craft passed down 3 generations offers you professional service with a quality product. We offer you the very best in craftsmanship, expertise and customer care. With a work ethic that spans a generation, we invite you to hire us with confidence.

Sprinkler Doctors

Save time, save money and enjoy the best home irrigation services that Phoenix has to offer. Sprinkler Doctors is your physician on-call for keeping your lawn and garden healthy. We guarantee great results, fast service and dependability on every job. Whether you need to upgrade an old system or install a new one, we have the expertise to make your system water efficient and effective. Lawns, gardens and landscaping all thrive with our quality systems. Our team of accredited and insured professionals gets it right the first time. Additional DBA - ESSI Builders LLC. locally owned.

D&L Sprinkler Service

***CHECK OUT OUR REPAIR & MAINTENANCE DEALS FOR IRRIGATION & LANDSCAPE LIGHTING*** We offer 10% to veterans, active military, police & 1st responders. Proud 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 2020 and 2021 Super Service Award Winner! BBB Accredited and A+ rated. Most repairs under $100! All work is guaranteed 1 year parts and labor. Master Card, Visa and Discover accepted.

Offers by D&L Sprinkler Service on Angi

Check, MasterCard, Visa

Landscape and sprinkler landscape installation, lighting sportcourts bocceball, masonry hardscape grounds maintenance gazebos, arbors & repair work.