Adding a bathroom to your basement can be a difficult and costly process, but it can add convenience and boost your home value. Weigh the pros and cons of installing a bathroom in your finished basement.
Get matched with top basement remodeling contractors in West Memphis, AR
There are 11 highly-rated local basement remodeling contractors.
Recent Basement Remodeling Reviews in West Memphis
- American Standard Foundation RepairI cannot say enough good things about this company. Their sales staff was stretched a bit thin and there were some communications glitches about getting the initial estimate and about a followup visit, but these worked themselves out. I have an older Victorian four-square in midtown with a wooden foundation and a partial basement. I could not find anyone else that was reputable who would work on wooden foundations. American Standard crawled under my house and took photos to show me the problem areas and then walked through every foot of my house testing the floors and walls, pointing out potential problems and areas in need of repair. They were very up front about what they could do and what they could not do and gave me a full understanding of likely problems such as cracking plaster and torn wallpaper, that I was likely to encounter. With the knowledge of what I wanted fixed and how much risk I was willing to assume (I don't mind patching plaster but would prefer not to deal with torn wall paper) they mapped out a plan of action, a tentative schedule, and a cost estimate. I thought the price reasonable for what they would be doing and work started. Their crew could not have been nicer. They kept me informed throughout the entire process, explaining each step and letting me reassess risks. When cracks started to develop, they quickly modified their procedure to minimize the damage. They did this time after time, never getting rushed to finish the job, always ready to undo a procedure that they had just done and lug heavy equipment to a different area to see if they could get better results while minimizing damage. I knew that some damage to the walls was inevitable, but they were really concerned about keeping it to the absolute minimum. I could see that it would be very easy for a company to come in, start jacking up the foundation and tell the owners that cracks are going to happen--never letting me know that perhaps if they moved the jacks to a different spot, less damage would occur. Sometime after the work was done, I noticed a problem with how my front door opened and closed. In spite of having been paid and my signing off on their work, they were back out to my house, crawling under the foundation and making adjustments until I was satisfied. American Standard is very proud of their reputation. They put a lot of work into making customers happy and their customer ratings show it. I hope that I never have need to use them again, but should the need arise, I wouldn't consider using anyone else
- Woodall Companies Roofing and ConstructionWent great - As with any construction job there were a few things that needed tweeked. All was fixed to our satisfaction.
- Strickland ConstructionMickey Strickland and his group did a great job. They arrived around the same time each day and cleaned up before they went home. The job was finished within the time-frame that was agreed upon. There were a few minor hiccups in the process but they were dealt with immediately and to my satisfaction. Mickey and his group were helpful in the design process and had some good ideas when designing the kitchen. Also everything was completely finished, there were no little odds or ends for us to resolve. They were very thorough
- A to Z Construction Services LLCReason for implementing this project was driven by two requirements: a) existing crawl space hatch was very small and difficult to access b) planned deck construction would obstruct existing access - needed to have it relocated. House is 1950's era, conventional foundation. Initially, finding a contractor was somewhat challenging for this project. I contacted several companies listed as basement / crawlspace specialists (per internet sites) to no avail. Mostly these other companies seem to specialize in crawlspace encapsulation services. Even though they listed "crawlspace access" as part of their offered services; as soon as I began to discuss specifics of cutting through brick veneer & concrete block foundation wall they would quickly decline to quote. Researched general contractors via Angie's List. A to Z demonstrated decent ratings. Reviewed their website and decided to call for a quote. Brian responded as Project Manager and arranged to review the proposed work; along with Tom. I noted that their business card states "Solving problems is our specialty" so I was curious as to whether they would opt to quote. I provided a detailed description as to how I wanted the access constructed. Initially my plan was to use purchased metal crawl space doors available through Vestal building products / General Shale & Brick. These turned out to be unusable therefore custom built doors became the chosen approach. Tom recommended a fabricator who would be able to manufacture doors and mounting frames precisely as desired. Cost for the doors was moderate and purchased separately: $450 for (1) 24"x24" and (1) 16"x24". Construction of the doors and frames was very robust and provided for proper support of the upper courses of brick veneer once the openings were cut. I also specified there must be a means to secure (lock) the hatches be included in the design. A to Z quoted the job at $2088 for installation (only) each opening. I had originally estimated somewhere between $1000 to $1500 might be an appropriate amount per opening. This was the reason for price being graded as a B. Given the difficulties of finding someone to quote the job and having it performed exactly to my specifications I therefore elected to accept the quote. Both individuals provided me with a feeling of confidence that the work was fully within their abilities. This contributed to the decision to move forward. Their demeanor is quite professional & friendly. Decision was made to perform one installation for now and delay the 2nd for budgetary aspects. Actual work took place over a period of 3 partial days; to allow for concrete to cure day one and epoxy adhesive on 2nd day. Overall the work went smoothly. Communications were good, emails & phone calls were promptly answered and specific requests during the course of the work were carried out to my satisfaction. Installation was neatly done, Clean up was thorough. Overall I was pleased and do recommend them to others. Currently the intent is to use them again for the second installation in approzimately 6 months
- Landmark Construction & Emergency ServicesEveryone is delightful to work with and adorable. Their response was immediate. They are very accomodating and pleasant in my home. Rusty was running the whole thing and he was great! They are an A++!
- S & M CustomsSet an appointment with Matt for an estimate on repairs at a house I own in Memphis. Set the appointment on a monday for that wednesday at 4:30. He asked me to text him my address and I said I would call him wednesday prior to the appointment to confirm. I called him on wednesday ,he said he was just leaving another customer's place , but that I had forgotten to text him my address . I said no problem, I would give it to him then. He then hesitated and then said he wouldn't make it before I even gave my address to him ,despite his knowing in which general neighborhood he needed to be, as per our conversation monday. Did not give me a reason . When I asked , he mumbled something about just leaving a customer's place . I think he just didn't feel like doing the work. My time is valuable and I am very busy .In fact, I flew in from out of state to take care of business on this house . I try not to waste my time or other's time and do what I say I will ..general grown up professional respectful stuff . Then he says he could come out the next day at 4. I thought that not having my address texted to him as opposed to just giving it to him then was not a valid reason to cancel . As I've said ,he knew my general neighborhood from our conversation monday and understood where he would need to be and when regardless. Gave it another chance anyway ,changed the appointment to the next day at 4. Texted the address as soon as we hung up confirming date/time as discussed. He never showed up ,never responded to my texts or answered the phone . His name is Matt .He is unprofessional, unreliable, and disrespectful .A complete waste of a week of my time trying to set up an estimate. It gives me a pretty good idea about the issues I would have had if I had hired them and this is a very lengthy expensive project . I would never recommend a company with this kind of service,or lack of it
Basement Contractors in West Memphis
- Business Description:HCCI is a full service self performing, licensed General Contractor, with over 30 years experience in Commercial and Residential Construction and Maintenance. We offer outstanding Quality and Professionalism along with cost effective methods in order to complete your project on time and in budgetRecent Review:Hutzel Construction made this entire project painless. At every step of the process, they handled it with a high level of professionalism. Communication was excellent from their first site visit to the finished product. I can't say enough good things about this company. The owner, Jeff Hutzel, came along with his project manager, Kim, to be involved in the estimating process. He was very honest and upfront in setting our expectations for what could be done in the most cost-effective manner. The project involved completely re-doing the drywall, flooring, and painting in the master bedroom and the master bathroom, as well as painting two other bathrooms. Hutzel's crew took extra care to preserve the original jacuzzi tub, despite Jeff telling us on the front end it was possible the tub could be damaged when they were replacing the tile around it. In my opinion, you can't go wrong hiring Hutzel Construction for your home improvement/renovation/repair projectJoe I.
- Business Description:We are a local family owned company with 13 years of experience at your service. From Storm damage , Fire damage , Water damage, and Wind Damage we do it all. We assist you with your insurance claim to achieve the goal of restoring your home to pre loss condition. Give us a call today to see if you qualify for a full roof replacementRecent Review:The service that I received was excellent. I would recommend this company to anyone. A job well done!!Pamela R.
- Business Description:A one-stop-shop to get the best and most affordable replacement windows, entry doors, and all things custom woodwork.Recent Review:A little slow but meticulous work, honest people and do very good work.Janet K.
- Business Description:Residential Remodeling & Repair, Gutter Helmet of Greater Memphis DealerRecent Review:Mike came out and gave me the price for removing and replacing my gutter helmets. In addition I had a few panels that needed to be replaced. The whole process went flawlessly.JIM C.
- Business Description:We are a local, veteran owned small business, with over 20 years experience in the Home Improvement Field. Our vast experience in a wide variety of services bring additional value to each and every project. We take pride in our quality of work, commitment to outstanding results, our In-house Professionally Trained Home Improvement Technicians and our Customers Satisfaction! We know that every project is different and that each one requires personalized craftsmanship and attention to de..Recent Review:Arrived on time, work completed by end of day, looks good1550.00Thomas O.
- Business Description:Check for Angie's List discountRecent Review:It was very good. They were professional and they cleaned up after themselves. I highly recommend them to anyone.Joan B.
- Business Description:With over 11 years of residential, commercial and industrial painting experience, we are proficient at spraying , rolling , or brush paint for you. We are completely up to date with the painting industry and new technique with certification specified areas. Included in our standard service packages is power washing of all exterior homes prior to Empress Painting paint applications. Ask us about our senior citizen and military discountsRecent Review:Great service. Great work. Looks likes the original. Will hire for additional services.Aaron T.
- Business Description:Handyman Services Memphis is a Commercial and Residential Handyman Company. We don't have near the overhead that most of our competitors do and this allows us to keep our cost low without the need to cut corners. We have a limited 1 year workmanship warranty. We sub out a portion of our work to local companies that we trust and are partnered with. We accept these types of payments ( cash, check and credit/debit cards )Recent Review:Henry is a problem solver and was able to figure out how best to secure a spiral staircase that was not properly installed by the builder. He also replaced wood decking with Trex using clips for a very large deck with stairs. The stair risers had to be replaced and the railings had to be removed and then put back. This was a very large job and he handled it in the hottest time of the yearRita B.
- Business Description:American Standard Foundation Repair, LLC is a full service foundation repair company specializing in the prevention, repair and restoration of foundation damage and its effects on your home. We repair both concrete slab and conventional beam and joist homes. American Standard Foundation Repair, LLC prides itself in the proper diagnosis of the cause of foundation failure. Only by understanding the cause of a failure, can we hope to prevent it from occurring again. We give free estimates that a..Recent Review:Very professional approach to things. They stuck with us for a year, answering our calls to come out and tweak the leveling when we noticed a door was rubbing or the gaps seemed to change with the seasons. Now, the house is solid and no door are rubbing anymore and they did it all with a smile! Price is a little high, but I would rather have it done right and done right the first time than fight someone who doesn't know what they are doing. These people really do know what they are doing! Highly recommendedTom O.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement contractor articles
Shaken or stirred, concoct your favorite cocktail at the most convenient spot in town—your basement bar. Transform this unfinished or finished space into a prime hosting spot with endless opportunities for customization and cost-saving solutions.
The cost of installing a wine cellar varies based on square footage, the type of wine cellar or wine cave, materials used, where it is located in the property, and where you live. Use this guide to find how much your wine cellar will cost.
Find basement remodeling contractors in
- Horn Lake
- Hickory Hill
- Olive Branch
basement remodeling contractors in West Memphis
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A to Z Construction Services LLC581 Vandalia Street
- Aguilar Construction8038 Cinders Rd
- Aliant Home Repair8704 Herring Cove
- Alltrade Construction, LLC833 Burton Ln
- Alluvion Construction, LLC1962 Portland Ave
- American Standard Foundation Repair1985 Thomas Rd
- AP Kennedy Electrical Services1889 Baker Rd
Lake Cormorant, Mississippi
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
- Architectural Timber Works9656 Memphis Arlington Rd
- A to Z Construction Services LLC
- C & W Contracting and Design1484 Vera Cruz
- Carpenter Works Memphis2129 S. Germantown Rd
- Carrington Construction & Management Company115-D Eureka Street
- Cransten Service All Stars9980 S 300 W Ste 200
- Creative Development, Inc.10560 Plantation Woods Dr
- C & W Contracting and Design
- From The Ground Up3732 Healey Rd
- From The Ground Up
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handyman Services960 Tatum Rd
- HARDHAT CONSTRUCTION INC.3735 Cherry Rd
- Hendrix Home Builders and Residential Repair9135 Broadway
Olive Branch, Mississippi
- Hook n Ladder Custom Builders1073 S Cooper Street
- House Doctors3420 Bayberry Dr
- Hutzel Construction6676 Reese Rd.
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- M & M Contractors & Property Management3145 Hickory Hill Rd Ste D
- Macali Roofing & Restoration Llc75 Grove Rd
- Marshall Law Construction4798 Benjestown Rd
- Midsouth Millwork LLC42 Ridge Top Cv
- Midtown Renovations2270 York Ave
- MJM Remodeling and Handyman Services7997 Megwood
- M & M Contractors & Property Management
- Servco Building Services5120 Crestview Rd
- Service Medics5100 Poplar Avenue
- Simon's Flooring & Renovations224 Barton Ave
- Soundrite-Acoustics, Inc.209 S. Stephanie Street Suite B-167
- Strickland Construction71 Beaver Rd
- Synergy Construction5659 Bartlett Woods Dr
- Servco Building Services
- Warmzone12637 S 265 W Suite 100
- Whiting Allen Home Improvements3886 Philsdale Ave
- Willow Property & Management4728 Spottswood Ave #272
- Wilson Construction Services3104 Mary Elizabeth Drive
- WinChoice USA of Memphis, TNColonnade 1661 International Drive Suite 1400