Galloway's Construction and Pest Management

Founded 2007 • With Angi since May 2011

4.3

9340 Chimney Rock Blvd

Cordova, TN 38016

Additional phone - (901) 634-8961. Additional DBAs - A & E Home Improvement & Maintenance LLC, Galloway's Pest Control Management. www.gallowayspestcontrol.com

11/16/2015

Keith M.

Andrew was diligent and went out of his way to make everything go smoothly. The work appears to be done perfectly.

Description of Work
Reconstructed the woodwork around a chimney and fixed another hole in the trim at the side of the house.

10/26/2015

Donald G.

Went well, he was very professional and pleasant.

Description of Work
Placed wires to prevent critters from entering house.

07/27/2015

Benjamin R.

He came to check the house to see if we needed extra protection to prevent squirrels and rodents from coming in. He came right away for a free estimate. He gave a pretty thorough overview of the house and decided we didn't need anything except trimming the trees back, which we could do ourselves. He was very professional and on top of everything else he offered me an ice water.

05/30/2015

Jessica S.

Very thorough, whole house was examined.

Description of Work
Preventative pest control.

01/05/2015

Dalvie T.

They told me that there were no rodent but that there were squirrels in there and maybe a raccoon. I ended up having to get someone else to come out and get rid of the wildlife.

Description of Work
Purchased a deal

09/23/2014

Vickie A.

I purchased this deal because the previous winter I had a raccoon take up residence in my house and deliver her babies in my crawl space. I also heard movement in the attic during the winter (raccoon? rats?) and I wanted to prevent it from happening again. The deal was $139 to have the house checked and to repair minor entry points. Mr. Galloway was professional and punctual. He checked my house for possible entry points for rodents but was unable to find any big enough for a raccoon to fit through. He did find one small place over the storage room and several damaged shingles on the roof. However, any work or repairs to the roof was not covered by the deal. So, for an additional $270 he applied new shingles to the few areas he found. A month later the roof rats moved in. In hindsight, I don't really feel I got my money's worth.

Description of Work
Checked my house for possible entry points for rodents. Replaced some damaged shingles

Category pest control, roofing, animal removal

09/23/2014

Anna R.

The provider called me as soon as I purchsed the deal so no complaints related to his responsiveness, however, he did have problems making his scheduled appointment. He called but since I work from home I was on a call and we had to do a bit of phone tag before we were able to make contact. Once he arrived I showed him areas where I felt I was having issues with rodent control. He did look at these areas and then patched the places that I showed him. He did not do an inspection of the attic area and although he looked in the basement he did not really do anything there (although I have had issues with pests in the basement and I explained that). Basically for the price he really didn't do very much--I thought it would be a much more extensive package. I would not use the services again.

Description of Work
I bought the rodent prevention package from an Angie's list deal.

09/22/2014

Vicky G.

1 - Angie's List add stated cost was for 4-hours service for 2 workers, a total of 8 hours labor. 2- When Mr. Galloway showed up and I asked him about the other person that was supposed to be there, I got the don't do this to me statement. He said he had nothing to do with the add - that the add was put out by Angie's List. Yes, I feel I got short changed on the labor and I'm not sure if I will ever purchase one of these adds again. 3 - Prior to work being done, I had to reiterate to him that I had already paid for labor through Angie's List and that I was only going to pay for materials purchased/used. 4 - Part of the process in removing and replacing bad siding pieces is also to remove the old caulk. Caulk from around the windows was also removed as this was attached to the bad siding. While reviewing what had been done, I asked why there were these huge gaps under both windows - there was no caulk He had no clue as to why that was so. You could see the strip of old caulk in the grass under the windows. He then proceeded to put some caulk under the windows, but not enough. Because he was already finished with the job, he did not paint this caulk. I had to make a trip to Lowe's to purchase more caulk to finished up what was not done properly. The huge gaps under the windows would allow rain/moisture and insects right into the window area and allow more damage to accumulate behind the siding. 5 - He left exposed nails and popped out nails. 6 - In another area, I asked if the caulk had enough time to cure before painting over it. He stated he didn't worry about those things. He left all that up to God. Okay - I'm a Christian too but it was getting to the point that he kept stating his Christianity so that I wouldn't post a bad review. 7 - After having had repairs such as this done about 4-5 times, this was the shoddiest job I've ever seen. It was very obvious that Mr. Galloway has no idea what proper construction/home repair work contains. 8 - At the most, he worked on this project for approximately 3 - 3.5 hours.

Description of Work
Replace broken/worn ceramic siding. Angie's List add stated work was for 4 hours labor for 2 workers = $299 Approximately $55 for cost of materials.

09/11/2014

Tina M.

Andrew called me within a couple of hours of submitting my request via Angieslist. We set an appointment to meet and walk through. He was prompt for the appointment and ready to review my project needs. He offered detailed options on finishes and gave advice on why I would possibly not want to do something now if it was going to impact another project or not bring me the value I was looking for.

Description of Work
In relocating to the Memphis area I purchased an older midtown home and sought bids to redo a full bath in the hallway. Including expanding the shower, pull down plaster and dryway, replace vanity, vanity lights, mirror toilet. Paint 3 rooms and ceilings, add a door where there wasn't one, pull up carpet and refinish hardwoods in 2 rooms. Install a number of light fixtures/ceiling fans. In the end I did not go with Galloway not due to any thing with them but because my list of projects far exceeded my budget for now.

Category countertops, pest control, hardwood floor, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

08/22/2014

Rashad S.

This turned out ok. I wasn't there when they came but they did a treatment. Scheduling, communication, and price was ok. I did another job with him later.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $98 for spring preventive pest-control treatment.

Thanks.

06/23/2014

Erin S.

I was very disappointed with the work provided by Andrew's men. I had Andrew come out to our house 2 times to clarify expectations and verify that everything was in writing. I typically hire individual tradesmen to do projects, but since I am a mom of a toddler, I did not have the time to do the subcontracting myself. So, I interviewed and eventually hired Andrew as our contractor to manage the projects. I had anticipated a skilled group of men who could speak English. The men may have been experienced, but they were certainly NOT skilled workers. The light switch covers were not removed prior to painting and one of the painters actually painted our vents shut, to list just a few of the issues. Andrew had to come back and force the vents open. There was paint all over my bathroom floor, tub and wall tiles that was never cleaned up and also on our newly refinished wood floors. Only one spoke English, and not very well. When I gave directions, he said he understood and then did the opposite. I had a crawling toddler and had to be out of the house all day because Andrew did not follow my request to work on one level of the home at a time. It was supposed to be a 3 day project, but he tried to rush it to be completed in one day. My husband was out of the country and this put a HUGE burden on me!! The absolute most aggravating part was that the men did not clean up at all! It was horrendous. I even walked in to see that one of the painters had put his paint roller on my wedding quilt! Who does that!?!? When I told Andrew, he said this was just part of having work done on your house. I knew this was not true, as my dad is a contractor and his policy to always leave the house better than when you arrived. I could not wait to get them out of my house. I have since found a great painter who does just that and his rates are far more reasonable. He also speaks English and I would trust him with my son! I have an old house that needed a lot of work. I'm glad I tested Galloway first with small projects and did not give us our high dollar projects! When work is done on someone's house, it should increase the value of the home. The quality Andrew provided was shoddy at best. I spent days cleaning up their mess and repainting their mistakes.

Description of Work
Indoor Painting, Dry Wall Replacement, Ceiling Repair and Outdoor Carpenter Bee treatment

Category drywall, pest control, interior painters

I was disappointed with this Client. She described herself and her husband as "anal." She did not purchase my services through proper channels and ripped me off for $100.00. My advice to all vendors," Anytime a "Client" describes themselves as "anal' decline the work. All money is not good money.

06/03/2014

Kevin K.

I had seen some ants around the sink in the master bath recently, so when a saw a special "pest control treatment" offer on Angie's List, I decided to buy it. The contractor was very prompt in responding and came out right away. I have to give him a high grade for that. He was friendly and professional. He uses a method where he doesn't come into the house, but he takes a long hose, which is hooked up to a big tank in his truck, and sprays a chemical around the base of the house. According to the contractor, this creates a "barrier" that keeps the pests out of your house. While he assured me that this would be effective, I'm going to reserve judgement at this point, because I was wondering "what about the bugs that are already inside?" For several weeks after the treatment, I continued to see ants around my bathroom sink, so I treated the inside of my house with Ortho Home Defense spray that I got at the hardware store. Now the ants are gone. I'm grading the "quality" down a bit, because it's difficult to judge if the treatment actually accomplished the mission at this point. I can see the value in avoiding spraying chemicals in the house, as we have a small dog and two cats, but I'm a little skeptical that this "outside only" pest control will work. We will see, but I think if I had known his methods before I bought the deal, I might have passed on it for something more comprehensive (outside AND inside) at least in the beginning.

Description of Work
Insect pest control spraying

06/01/2014

Emily L.

We purchased the deal to help with an investment property. When I met with Andrew Galloway, he said that the deal would not work as described in the ad, but - and I am paraphrasing- more as if I had simply prepaid for his services. That he and his subcontractors would give estimates for service, and perform work until the $1500 value ran out. When I asked him how that would give me the value of the deal I purchased, he had no clear answer. He also mentioned that not many of these deals sold, and that multiple customers had requested refunds and that I was free to do so if I chose. After a few days of trying to get pricing from his subcontractors, he texted me to say I should ask for a refund. The deal was not managed in a professional manner, and it was a waste of my time in addition to tying up a good deal of money for months that I could have invested elsewhere. I was in no way satisfied in this interaction.

Category pest control, remodeling

You used me and my subs to evaluate investment properties. We are not appraisers. Our services are not free of charge.

05/05/2014

Rachelle H.

Mr. Galloway was very professional and went above and beyond to successfully carry out the exclusion.

Description of Work
Performed a thorough search of the exterior and interior of my home for possible rodent entry points and sealed them. He also set traps in the attic and returned one week later to remove one captured rodent.

04/15/2014

Troy W.

We had critters invading our home and Andrew was very professional when he came out to our house. He was up front with price and came out the same day I called him. He seemed to be concerned because we were concerned. He educated us on ways to minimize animals in our yard and in our house. Overall demeanor was not only professional but personable, which is very important to me.

Description of Work
Andrew came out for an inspection, closed up some holes where animals were getting in our house and laid out stuff to get rid of them.

Category animal removal

Thank you! I give all the glory to God.

03/18/2014

Mitzi S.

Mr. Galloway kept in regular contact with me, arrived when he said he would, and did what he said he would. The work was excellent. He was very pleasant to work with, knowledgeable and professional. He brought in two assistants who did the painting. Both men were very polite and efficient. He matched the out-of-date floor tiles the best he could, purchased all needed paint, grout, wood, etc and brought all his own tools. All three men cleaned up after themselves which was greatly appreciated. I purchased the Big Deal from Angie?s for 40 hours work. In addition I paid about $360 for supplies and $2000 for painting the exterior trim and replacing the rotten wood. I didn?t keep track of the hours the men worked, but with driving and shopping time, I was pretty satisfied that the terms of the deal had been fulfilled. The original estimate for the trim painting was originally higher but Mr. Galloway worked with me on the price. The final cost was still more than I wanted, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. The work was well done and probably worth the price. I would hire Mr. Galloway again.

Description of Work
Pulled carpet and re-tiled part of bathroom floor, replaced 4 window screens, corrected previously poorly repaired hole in garage interior ceiling and textured the area to match the rest of the ceiling, removed a permanent shelf in a cabinet, re-grouted shower, replaced toilet flapper, replaced 2-4 rotten areas on exterior wood and painted all exterior wood trim.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, drywall, pest control, plumbing, screen repair, woodworking, house painters

03/16/2014

BRENDA G.

I RECEIVED AN EMAIL TO SCHEDULE 3 START DATES. I DID THIS ON 3/4/2014.THE EMAIL SAID TO CALL 901 619-9121 TO CONFIRM APPOINTMENT. I LEFT MESSAGES RECEIVED A CALL BACK ON 3/4/2014 ANDREW SAID THAT HE HAD A WORKER OUT DUE TO SNOW AND ICE IN MILLINGTON, TN AND HE WOULD CALL ME BACK ON 3/5/2014 TO SCHEDULE TO COME OUT TO LOOK AT PROJECT. HE NEVER CALLED ME BACK. ON 3/11/2014 I CALL HE BACK HE SAID THAT HE HAD BEEN BUSY AND THAT HE COULD COME OUT WITHIN AN HOUR. BUT, I HAD TO BE AT WORK BY 2PM, SO, HE SAID THAT HE COULD COME OUT TOMMORROW 3/12/2014 AT 9AM I SAID OKAY. I WAS HOME AND HE NEVER SHOWED UP AND DID NOT CALL TO RESCHEDULE OR ANYTHING. I TOOK OFF WORK THIS WEEK SO THAT I COULD BE HOME FOR HIM TO COMPLETE THE WORK. I FEEL THAT MY TIME AND MONEY WAS WASTED, BECAUSE OF POOR SERVICE.I DO NOT KNOW HOW THAT HE GOT SUCH GOOD REVIEWS I GUESS I WAS NOT HIS KIND OF CUSTOMER. I THOUGHT THAT ANGIES LIST MADE EVERYTHING EASY AND ALL I HAD TO DO WAS SIT BACK AND RELAX. VERY DISAPPOINTED. PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY. THANKS

Category pest control, remodeling

I apologize.

03/12/2014

Craig R.

Andrew arrived on time and introduced himself. He was very professional and told me what the coupon covered. He found a couple of places where varmints have tried to chew through wood and we discussed mole problem in back yard. He found new evidence of rodents currently living in the attics. He gave me several ideas of how to lessen our frisky populations. He also noticed a leak upstairs in the attic from our water heater and said he could fix that as he is a licensed contractor. Overall, very pleased.

Description of Work
Pest inspection

02/21/2014

Karen S.

Recommended filling of outside vent holes with wire-based fabric to prevent rodent entry. Charged per opening which cost an additional $225 after the original $139 certificate purchased from Agnie's. He was pleasant and prompt. Came out when he said he would and did the job in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Checked entire house for signs of pests.

02/04/2014

Jeanine P.

The guy came back, made everything right, I would give him a high rating. He did a good job. He did park was, I guess, an outside inspection will realize and he did what the coupon said, we had a discount coupon for service. Then, we had some reminding issue, so, I asked them to come back and he could have charged me. He did not charge me and we had a very cordial conversation about that. And what I would say is that he did a good job. I would certainly recommend the services. The $139, actually, for the same time he came out, and we have not back out and he did not charge me the second time, so, the $139, actually is for 2 visits. He could have charge me more but I think, we both got really nice discretion after I am not quite sure where to go this thing. And he said, it clearly give a couple of things that I just simply and needed to do, he came in, and did some extra things that he did not have to do. And so, from that stand point, I think, this is the guy I have an issue again, I would certainly call him. I would recommend him as an honest, upfront, and knowledgeable person.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from Galloway's Construction and Pest Management for pest control/exterminating services.

02/04/2014

Mervyn I.

I purchased a big deal coupon for this company. It was excellent. They were very, very efficient. The gentleman was very, very pleasant to work with. He spent a lot of time and after he finished plugging in all the different openings, we didn't have any more problems. The people were top notch, they really were. I think the gentleman was very, very professional and I just thought he went above and beyond when the job called for because he was inside and outside the house. He spent a lot of time putting the ladder up and checking all the possible openings. We were quite satisfied. My husband did some comparisons and he was right in line. We were quite satisfied with the price he charged. We couldn't find any fault at all with the performance. We didn't have any trouble after that. They came very quickly and took care of the problem to our satisfaction. He told us what time he would be there and he was.

Description of Work
Galloway's Construction and Pest Management did work for us.

01/29/2014

Darlene M.

He was reluctant about checking out the attic for entry paths. He said it wasn't necessary. Since he is a contractor I may use him in the future for other issues IF he provides a good estimate.

Description of Work
He arrived on time and filled in a hole on out side of house.

01/22/2014

Janet S.

He was pleasant to deal with, on the phone, on time for appointment and did what he said he would do.

Description of Work
He checked for rodents being able to get into the house.

12/17/2013

Paul L.

Mr. Galloway was intent on raising the price based on every question asked. The coupon I bought did nothing, and I had to pay him $190 in addition to the original coupon for one hole repaired. He made excuses or wanted more money when each simple requests were made. When confronted on his price gouging, he backed off some, but by then we realized we would pay him to do as little as possible since we could not trust him to give us a fair price. I strongly recommend to NOT hire Galloway unless you want to pay boatloads of money. We found another person to do additional repairs at MUCH less cost and as good quality.

Description of Work
Repair one hole

Category pest control

I charged you $190.00 to repair rotten soffit on a 2nd story dormer. I removed nesting material and rotten soffit; replaced same; caulked and painted it all while 20' in the air. You bought exclusion services for ground-level repairs. I found the hole under deck where rodents entered and explained that rim joists and siding were rotten and this was above and beyond what your purchased. I could not give you a cost because of the extent and since you did not want me to remove the deck boards to access damage, I declined the work (you gotta know when to fold 'em.) You asked me to repair the soffit. I did. I sent you a picture of the finished work which you applauded. If you have an issue with me, call me. Don't use this as a platform to ridicule service providers'. You are a professional. Do your clients tell you how to treat them? Please give me the same courtesy.

12/11/2013

Joey W.

I purchased an Angie's List deal for Rodent Exclusion from Galloway's Construction and Pest Management. Mr. Galloway called promptly to set up a time to perform the service. He was very friendly on the phone and accommodating in his appointment times. He arrived for the appointment and was very professional and thorough. He found signs of roof rats in our attic and crawl spaces and then found the areas that they were getting into our home. He explained everything to us and then got to work fixing those areas. He also set some traps to get rid of the rats that were already inside. He came back a few days later to check the traps. Again, he was very professional and thorough. We haven't heard anymore activity from the rats since. I will definitely use Mr. Galloway for projects in the future.

Description of Work
Rodent Exclusion