If you are considering buying a fixer-upper house that needs repairs, there are 12 key questions to ask. These will help you assess the scope of work and determine if you need minor cosmetic repairs or major renovations (or anything in between).
Get matched with top home inspectors in Alma, AR
There are 1 highly-rated local home inspectors.
Recent Home Inspection Reviews in Alma
- Oklahoma Inspection ServiceThey did a very thorough job and explained their findings while on site. Received a report with pictures that evening by email.
- Qualified Inspections IncExcellent. Don under-promised and over-delivered. Can't say enough about his professionalism, attention to detail, and his easy way of communicating. For only $50 extra he drove significant additional miles to inspect a home that was a few counties away from his area of operation. Don's results were very detailed with good photos taken which made it easy for us to know which repair items to pursue. We were out of state when Don performed the inspection and Don offered to communicate the results via FaceTime. We ultimately did not utilize the FaceTime option due to time constraints, on our end, for the day of the inspection
- Burris Inspection ServiceAdam Burris dis a very thorough job and was very professional. He took a lot of time to explain his findings with me. The next day he delivered a 37 page report to me, complete with photos of the trouble spots of the home. Because of his expertise and unbiased thoroughness, I withdrew my offer on the house. I feel he saved me untold tens of thousands of dollars as well as years of frustration! I will definitely use him again when I find another house, and I'd recommend him highly
- COOMER CONSTRUCTIONWhen buying a home one would think that a home inspection would be at the top of your list, after all, it is usually the biggest investment you will make in your lifetime and you want to insure you have done everything possible too cover yourself according. So, when we decided to purchase a home in Fort Smith we looked for a home by our other family members. We found a house and called the name listed on the sale sign, and the realtor met us at the home. We explained our reasoning for purchasing a home in Fort Smith and part of that were my heath issues at the time, and she was very gracious by offering her assistants when possible. Most of the purchase was conducted via email or fax. Both my husband and I knew the house needed updating. However, not too the extent we incurred. I ask her who she would recommend for a home inspector. She said I am not supposed to recommend anyone, but since you have sold Real Estate I would say Lowell Coomer was the best. So, I call Mr. Coomer I told him she had recommended him and she told us he likes to work alone, but would talk to us when he completed the inspection. I told him we would be back in TX. However, my cousin and her husband who lived 4 houses down would have power to oversee anything that was of concern. Therefore, Mr.Coomer conducted his inspection with about seven items he found that need repaired. The outcome was quite simple. (1) Trim rot/damage at the bottom of the back door frame (2) Deck, needed several of the flooring boards replaced (3) Electrical-the gfic wall outlets in the upstairs bath was defective, left unit had and open ground. The wall outlet at the outside front did not have weatherproof cover. I GFIC breaker at the main panel did not trip upon demand and needs to be replaced. (4) Heat?the blower for the heat side of the York outside package at the back of the house does not function and needs repair for proper heating of the house. (5) Plumbing?the hot side of the bath tub faucet, it the master bath, did not shut off at the stop position. Unit needs repair. (6) Screens?1 damaged at garage and 2 missing at the breakfast and 2 at living room. (7) Kitchen? the disposal did not function at the inspection and needed replaced. I ask the realtor how old the roof was and she said 4 years with a 40 year warranty ?the roof was (14) years old and leaked and the warranty was none transferrable?. The inspector said the roof was 1 to 5 years old with a life of 15 to 25 years, (He did not even go on the roof) when we looked at the home there was water rings around a lights in the kitchen and the 4 season room. The realtor said the owner would fix it and that it was cause by the gutter not being cleaned out (we having to replace the roof because it leaks in the whole house) He did not check the attic and when my cousin told him the in vent was gone (the realtor said the seller would replace that as well). However, the realtor sent a guy out that just did handy man work and did not check the attic before sealing it off nor put any screen behind it to keep birds out. But the real problem is he locked a raccoon in the attic that tore all the insulation out trying to get out. So, the whole attic has to have all new insulation). The seller purchases a home owner policy that you have to pay the first $60.00 per call for any problem (the heater upstairs was completely rusted out.) The inspector missed that too, and we called a heating company. He looked at it and he said he would not even try to light the heater, because he was concern it might blow-up. The insurance policy that the seller purchased said they would install the heater, but it would cost us almost $1000.00 for upgrades. The inspector said there was rot/damage at the bottom of the door and needed repaired. The door actually had to be replaced which cost us over $1530.00. The whole house has to be painted because of the roof leakage. Our insurance will fix part of the damage, but at this point our out of pocket is going to be around $4000.00 or more. Our insurance policy went up to a $2000.00 deductable. Oh, and the $400.00 we paid him for nothing. The house also has holes all over the wood, because of woodpeckers. He did not write that up either. Don?t waste your money. We were also told that Lowell Coomer was on the Fort Smith real estate board. However, I don?t know if that is a true statement. But, we have turned the realtor over to the Board of Real Board in Little Rock. We have also contract an attorney. We have a hundred and ten pictures of things he didn?t write up. So what would I rate him in all area of an inspector F-
Home Inspectors in Alma
- Business Description:At EnviroPro Testing and Consulting "WE KEEP ARKANSANS BREATHING EASY" THINK YOU GOT MOLD??? Have you had recent water damage? Toilet overflow? A roof leak maybe? Ice Maker water line break? Now you have a disgusting smell? Do feel fine at work but when you get home you get stuffy, eyes and nose run a bit, perhaps a cough one of these systems or..Recent Review:John was very responsive to my request for a mold inspection. He was prompt, helpful, and a great communicator. I will definitely use these services again.Megan H.
- Business Description:You’d pay a fortune to keep your family safe, but you shouldn’t pay a penny more than $14.99! Most alarms systems seem like a bargain---UNTIL you look at the cost of signing a long-term alarm contract for $30, $40, sometimes even $50/month. Protect your home and your wallet with a SimpliSafe home security system. Our alarm monitoring costs just $14.99/month, and we’ll never lock you into a contract, so you are free to cancel with us anytime. Each year that you protect your family with SimpliS..Recent Review:Shortly after we ordered the system we changed our mind. The company said they would refund the money but never did. We disputed the charge but was denied from the credit card company even though SimpliSafe could not produce an invoice or any price they sent the system to us. This company is untrustworthy and does not deserve your business. Please save your time and money and use someone else. Just an update. They did return the money they originally refused to refund when we went through the credit card company. I can’t change the grade I have them because the only reason they issued the refund was to protect their standing on Angie’s listKellie S.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Independent 3rd party roof inspection and consultation company.Recent Review:Ernie Haas provided a very thorough examination of our roof which enabled us (after much back and forth with our roofer (DCF Contracting)) to ensure that all necessary and required repairs were made to our roof. Mr. Haas stayed in contact with us for more than a month to ensure that any questions or issues we had were addressedLarry T.
- Business Description:"Whether you are buying, selling or maintaining your home, Bucks Home Inspections provides professional and quality service from the moment you call us. Our certified home inspectors will walk through your home with you and teach you as much as you want to learn. We strictly follow the Standards of Practice for home inspectors established by InterNACHI, the industry-leading home inspection association. As we walk through the home together, we will explain the general condition of the componen..
- Business Description:Complete Architectural services for any Construction Project
- Business Description:We are a full-service company that services all of the Arkansas River Valley area with prompt, effective methods and a proven track record. Whether you need immediate treatment or ongoing prevention, we offer a variety of options to choose from. Mr. Lonnie Tate and his partner, Justin Nowotny, and their staff have over 40 years of pest control and termite experience. Contact them for your *FREE* estimate for your business, rental property, home or cabin! We offer discounts for our monthly, qu..
- Business Description:WholeHouseFanGuy.com has the largest selection of systems and is an excellent resource for comparing systems so you can make your own decision on what is best for you. There is no selling here, just education.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home inspector articles
Getting ready to sell your house? A pre-listing home inspection may be something to consider to better understand the condition of home.Check out pros & cons of getting a pre-listing inspection as you work with your realtor to put your house on the market
A home inspection report has major consequences for your home or the house you’re looking to purchase. How can you be confident an inspector is right for the job? Ask these 17 questions to gain insight into their experience and knowledge.
Find home inspectors in
- Van Buren
- Fort Smith
- West Fork
- Coal Hill
home inspectors in Alma
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Across Arkansas Home Inspections, LLC1018 S 17th St
Fort Smith, Arkansas
- AIR-PRO HEATING & AIR COND INC9105 Zero Street
Fort Smith, Arkansas
- AMERICAN SOUTHERN EXTRMNTNG1212 W MAIN ST
- Arkansas Inspection Group3959 N Steele Blvd
- Arkansas Roofing Kompany-Equinox Outdoor Concepts1820 Old Morrilton Hwy
- Across Arkansas Home Inspections, LLC
- CDR ENGINEERING3501 S 1ST ST
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- CDR ENGINEERING
- Dual Design / David W. Jackson5951 N. Killdeer Dr.
- Dual Design / David W. Jackson
- Energy Efficient Solutions LLC9105 Zero Street
Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Energy Efficient Solutions LLC
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- High Tech Home Warranties
- IN THE KNOW Inspections2750 Penny Ln
- IN THE KNOW Inspections
- Long Island ProductionsPO Box 7723
Van Buren, Arkansas
- Long Island Productions
- Preferred Maintenance Service, Inc.902 Rudy Rd.
- Preferred Maintenance Service, Inc.
- Reynold's Seamless Guttering Inc419 N 11th St
Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Reynold's Seamless Guttering Inc
- SimpliSafe Home Security294 Washington Street
- SimpliSafe Home Security
- The Haas Group LLC2215 Plank Road #300
- The Haas Group LLC
- WholeHouseFanGuy.com33175 Temecula Parkway 434