When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Athens, AL
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Athens
- Kimbrough Land Surveying ServicesExcellent!! Friendly and professional--they showed up, talked through my needs, and got busy! Yes, I would hire them again, and I would happily refer them neighbors and friends.
- Kimbrough Land Surveying ServicesBenjamin and his employees showed up on a weekend, found some of the plot stakes (including one in the middle of a drainage creek with water) and put in a missing stake. Then delivered me the exact report I needed. Top service, easy to communicate with. He is in high demand to book early.
- Hick's Land Surveying Service IncMr. Hicks was great to work with and very prompt with his service even when I called him on a short notice. I have a survey from when we bought our house but Mr. Hicks provided a much more detailed survey to include all measurements. I would highly recommend his service and will most definitely use him again
- Big Spring Surveyors & CoThe job went fine. They were pretty upfront about what it was going to take to do it. They were professional, but I only met them once when I went to pick up the results. They did the work, emailed me additional copies and that was that; it was pretty easy. They were responsive; I called three or four and they were pretty much the only ones that picked up the phone
- Hick's Land Surveying Service IncCalled on a Monday to schedule a survey of a residential property. Work was done the next day and fully met expectations and special requests to document easement as well as typical property boundaries. The survey markings were professionally annotated and associated with permanent markers buried on the property. The documentation provided after the survey was prompt and of high quality with clear dimensions associated with the property line and permanent structures
- Dunivant Engineering Company IncIt went very well. They were very good and very professional. I definitely would use them again.
- Stanley Land Surveying, IncMike called us back right away and told us that it would be best to survey the property before we bought it. We told him our plans to remove a retaining wall, trees and add to the existing drive way. He was very professional and provided the service within a couple days of contacting him. He emailed us the survey and within the week we also had a hard copy mailed to us. We are very pleased with his service
- Big Spring Surveyors & CoContacted them on Friday, was provided with an estimate and schedule. Was scheduled for the following Tuesday and they actually surveyed on Monday. Quick and efficient.
- Hick's Land Surveying Service IncStreve has done 3 jobs for me now and all three have been handled very professionally and on time as promised. Sreve is a good guy to work with.
- Hick's Land Surveying Service IncFirst I must apologize to Mr. Hicks for not submitting this review sooner! Next I must raise a HUGE BRAVE RAVE flag to Mr. Hicks and his staff. He not only provided to me the first correct survey of my residential lot in 24 years it was the most thorough and beautiful survey I have ever seen. And after 30 years in design I have seen a lot of surveys. When we bought our lot in 1993 the plot had been incorrectly surveyed when the neighborhood was laid out and then again by the city. Several years later there was drainage work done which further skewed it. While it was not off by too much it was not accurate enough for me to feel comfortable installing a fence. So I joined Angies List and found Mr. Hicks. I cannot express just how happy we were with his company and will use him again should the need for s survey arise
Land Surveyors in Athens
- Business Description:Kimbrough Land Surveying Services is a small family owned company that offers surveying services. We are owner operated and offer nothing but superior services.Recent Review:I called Benjamin in Early May 2021 and explained to him that I needed a survey of the property that my home sits on and wanted to have the adjoining two acres divided into two lots so that I could sell one of those lots with the sale of my home. We were to close on the home sale in Mid June. I actually sent him an email detailing the property division. He told me that it wouldn’t be a problem to have it done in time for my closing which was 6 weeks out. The week before my closing I contacted him to see what was going on. Attempted calls, but realized quickly that Benjamin rarely takes phone calls and he answers voice mails with texts or emails. He told me that he would be out that Thursday to do the survey and would have the completed document to me a couple of days before closing. He messaged me on Thursday and told me it would be Saturday. He came on that Saturday and done some of the work, but due to it raining he said he would have to come back the following week to finish. By that point My closing had been pushed back 2 weeks due to issues with the buyer, so I told him it would be no problem but I needed it as soon as possible. Two weeks later, after several messages left and emails sent, he produced the survey of the property that had the home on it the day before my closing. During that same time period he informed me that I would need to submit an application to my county planning commission to have the 2 acre lot divided and that he would provide me a preliminary plat to accompany that application. He told me that the application had to be in by a certain day in July to be on their docket for August. In the days leading up to that deadline I reached out to him to see when he would have me the plat. He told me that he would have it to me the day before the deadline. After prompting him again the day before the deadline, he got the plat to me at 5:30 pm on the day of the deadline. I immediately submitted the application. The next day I received a call from the planning commission and was told that it was one day too late for the August docket, that it would be on the September 9 docket. On September 9 the planning commission approved my preliminary plat with some minor revisions that needed to be done by the surveyor. They emailed Benjamin and myself with those revisions. After a couple of days without hearing from Benjamin, I attempted to call him with no answer. I sent him a text and email asking if he had received their email. He replied with a simple “yes”. It has now been almost 7 weeks and after promising 2 different times that he would have it completed, he still has not completed my final plat for this property. I have today left him another voicemail asking for a callback. Benjamin has been very unprofessional in breaking promises of timeframes; in not answering phone calls; not returning phone calls from voicemails left, but rather texting or emailing. Some messages were never responded to. I am a real estate professional and have opportunities to recommend many different companies for different services to my clients. I will never use nor recommend Kimbrough Land Surveying services to anyoneDarren C.
- Business Description:Additional email - peggy(at)deci.net. Additional name - Barry Dunivant, Mark Morgan.Recent Review:It went very well. They were very good and very professional. I definitely would use them again.Lawrence M.
- Business Description:Abel Drone Services, LLC is a new veteran owned and operated enthusiast license drone company based in Gadsden, Alabama that serves the U.S. Government, law enforcement agencies, residential, commercial, and industrial clients in the United States, particularly in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee and Florida. We offer a wide range of services such as Aerial Area Mapping, Construction Site Progress Tracking, support all levels of Search & Rescue Operations, External & Internal Infrastr..
- Business Description:Shiflett Surveying is a land surveying company started by Rodney Shiflett in 1998. Mr. Shiflett is involved in all aspects of every job ordered, from doing his own field work to working closely with his Autocad drafter to provide accurate and correct informationRecent Review:Very well. Quick to respond. I wish there could have been more markers in place to define lines (b on quality). Office contact heather was very courteous. Also no method to make payment by charge; typically check or cash only. I was able to make arrangements to do a wire transfer though. Overall, I would hire again or recommendstacy t.
- Business Description:Hicks Land Surveying Services would like to thank you for the opportunity to serve you. We started our Huntsville, Alabama business in 2002 and have over 25 years of experience in the land surveying profession.Recent Review:Mr. Hicks was great to work with and very prompt with his service even when I called him on a short notice. I have a survey from when we bought our house but Mr. Hicks provided a much more detailed survey to include all measurements. I would highly recommend his service and will most definitely use him againcheryl h.
- Business Description:Welcome to Beyond Nail Spa! We offer professional nail care to the residents of Madison/Huntsville and other nearby cities. We offer SNS dipping powders, Acrylics, Manicures, Pedicures, Waxing and Private Parties. We are a local nail salon in Madison, AL and hygiene is our number one priority. We follow all Alabama health department guidelines and recently our spa earned a 100-percent rating from the health department. We use fresh disposable packs and liners for pedicures. We use an in-house..Recent Review:I have been to at least seven nail salons in the Huntsville/Madison area and I will keep coming back here. Kim is a wonderful manicurist and kind person. She maintains high standards for her salon and is guiding the other manicurist in the salon. Highly recommendedToni L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Athens
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Abel Drone Services, LLC207 Hollingsworth Ave
Rainbow City, Alabama
- Abel Drone Services, LLC
- Beyond Nail Spa97 Hughes Rd STE C
- Beyond Nail Spa
- Dunivant Engineering Company Inc112 Cloverleaf Dr
- Dunivant Engineering Company Inc
- Hick's Land Surveying Service Inc555 Sparkman Dr NW 802F
- Hick's Land Surveying Service Inc
- Kimbrough Land Surveying Services522 County Road 132
- Kimbrough Land Surveying Services
- Shiflett SurveyingPO Box 204
- Shiflett Surveying