As a responsible homeowner, electrical safety is always at the top of your list. We'll review how to self-inspect your home for shock and fire hazards, when to avoid DIY projects, and when to call a licensed professional for an extra hand.
Get matched with top pool service companies in Nikiski, AK
There are 0 highly-rated local pool service companies.
Recent Pool Cleaning Reviews in Nikiski
- Tub RenuHe was willing to try something new and he was interested in the work he did. He did a very good job. It was a big job. It took all day long with him working and we're very pleased. The only thing was he took out the nozzles and said he would be able to get to it better if he removed the toilet so I said go ahead and he didn't actually put the toilet back. He didn't put the nozzle back in the tub because he need the tub to dry first for several hours. He's great and the product was wonderful read less
- Allure Day Spa & Hair DesignAmber was awesome! She is very professional but still makes you feel comfortable. It was my first time receiving a facial and it was completely worth it. The atmosphere and the facial are very relaxing and soothing. After she was finished she was able to educate me on what products would help my skin, and what facial would be best for me in the future. She is very knowledgeable in what she does and in their products. I will definitely be going back for another read less
- ARCTIC SPAS & BILLIARDSService was great, they showed up on time and did the job for much less that the competition quotes. I'm currently using them again to repair a broken heating element. Highly recommend!!
- ARCTIC SPAS & BILLIARDSMoved into a home with a hot tub. We had never cared for a hot tub before and Arctic Spas was wonderful when I called with questions. They instructed me to bring down a water sample and explained that when I got there they would go over how to treat/clean the hot tub. They were very thorough as they walked me through the processes. This took about 45 minutes. At the end they sold me, for $245, a box kit with all the chemicals I needed for my hot tub - I also purchased a filter. The best thing was the laminated instruction sheet, which I refer to ALL the time. I was able to get the tub properly treated thanks to their help and their cheat sheet. A week or so later, they came out and inspected the hot tub. Something I plan to have them do yearly. That cost was $129. Pros: Extremely pleasant to work with. Very knowledgeable. In town / local. Cons: Some of the supplies they sell seem to be double -or more than double- the price of similar product(s) sold online. I am going through test strips like crazy while I familiarize myself with the tub. A top-rated brand (not an off-brand nor a generic-brand) of test trips online was 1/2 the price for twice the test strips on Amazon (free shipping to my door). We are all use to paying a bit more up here, but double? Conclusion: I HIGHLY recommend Arctic Spas - 5 gold stars! I will have them continue to service my hot tub in the future. In addition, I like to buy local and will try to purchase from them, but on some of their products, I might have to shop else where :-( read less
- Expert Pool BuildersDO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. 5 Star below is from the owner (Greg Hoover). My experience is outlined below and feel free to contact myself directly if you are considering using Expert Pools for any service. Review is based on a Hot Tub / Pool Installation. - Company did not fulfill agreement. Did not receive: o Pool Cover Never Received o Hot Tub Cover Never Received (vendor confirmed order was never placed) o Remote for Light System Never Received o Hot Tub Rock Surround or Cap Incomplete (Currently sitting with Jagged Edges and unsafe to even use). Even office personnel agreed it was ridiculous. o Heater for Hot Tub does not have Blue Tooth as outlined in agreement o Would consider the pool and options substandard for what I paid (concrete is already cracking in many places) - Poor Experience: o No permit approved when work started. I had to directly get involved. I’m sure Expert was trying to cut costs. Only when I refused to pay the installment did they take it seriously. o Contractor left several garbage bags of food containers and waste after leaving initial install. o Cut Sprinkler Lines that were nowhere near the pool and I pointed them out before work started o Every contractor that showed up asked me what they were there for and many of them complained about Expert Pools communication and as the prime contractor. o Cement contractor post video’s using racial slurs and constantly use racial slurs on site. o Cement contractor disposed of excess concrete in dumpster I rented to clear yard debris resulting in additional cost of $496 o Contractor showed up drunk to work on hot tub surround in the dark at 9:30 at night and crashed into three obstacles in my yard after being asked to leave o Contractor didn’t glue pipe to pump and the system blew apart the first time it was turned on. I’m sure I’ll have some repair and higher maintenance costs in the future due to their poor work. o Had to bury the electrical trenches myself o Owner gave his phone to office staff because he couldn’t be bothered returning calls or texts. Office staff is useless. For what we paid, I wouldn’t expect my only option to be an office clerk who can’t return calls. - Office Personnel lies constantly: o Claimed permit was on hold due to Covid. Permit office shared e-mail where they were waiting for payment for almost a month and confirmed that was the only hold up. o No one shows up when they claim and there is zero communication unless you take the initiative. There excuse is they “are too busy”. o They would only respond if legal action was threatened or payment held up. - Unfortunately my next steps are legal related read less
- WATERWORKS INCIn 2010 we purchased a very nice Hottub from Waterworks. Linda was the owner at that time and she was very easy to work with. Each summer we had Waterworks come to our house and provide the "Cadillac Service" on our Hottub. Things were great until 2015. In 2015 we noticed that something changed with the level of service we were used to getting, now every contact required multiple attempts. We would have to make multiple calls, leave multiple messages and rarely had a return call. We were told the owner, Linda, sold her business to her daughter. We fortunately don't have to deal with this company any longer. Our only objective is to warn others that the sell of the Hottub is not the most important part- the customer service is. If you proceed, let it be known that you were warned read less
- ALASKA SPA TECHNOLOGYThey replaced the pump with an old pump. Not a new pump. They did not tell me about it. It still didn't fix it. Then they placed in a heater. Anytime they left, something new would happen. I called somebody else and was confused as to why they did what they did. I am not satisfied with them. It took 5-6 weeks to get a heater. The other company is ordering me a new pump. This company continued to tell me something different. Nobody was coordinating what really had to be done read less
- WATERWORKS INCI have used the Waterworks for years and have always been very pleased with their customer service both in the retail store and with their repair services. This time was very different. I had a very disappointing experience. I wonder if there is new management as this experience was quite different from all previous. Contacted Waterworks in early Oct to ask for a service call because pump was making a funny noise. Took them over a week and several phones calls FROM me before they responded, and then I was told that I would get a phone call to determine what service was needed. Every time I called, I asked for an appointment because I could tell the pump was failing. I was told each time that someone would call me to make the appointment. In early November, I finally got an appointment when the pump actually failed. They offered to rent a bucket heater since the pump was not working, which I did. I was told the entire repair would be less than a week. The repairman came out and did nothing that I could tell. When I called, I was told they had to order a part and it would be a simple repair. Meanwhile, the bucket heater overheated the tub. I was told when I picked it up that all I needed to do was put it in the tub & it would keep it from freezing. No mention of monitoring it daily or setting it on a timer so that it only came on a few hours a day. Good customer service would have given better directions on the heater. Didn't hear back for a while. On Nov. 5, A different repair person showed up, but said they had ordered the wrong part and misdiagnosed the problem. I needed an entire new pump, which now had to be ordered. I said to order asap and I would pay for expedited shipping. Made an appointment for Nov 12. The part was ordered, but the shipping wasn't expedited. No show on Nov 12. When I called, I was told the pump wasn't here yet & they would let me know when it arrived. I asked about expedited shipping, but was told they didn't know about that. Several more phone calls from me and finally got tub fixed In early Dec read less
- WATERWORKS INCI paid for a brand new hot tub on 5/13/2011. From the first time the hot tub was used I could hear a "knocking" . I called waterworks and complained, they were very nice at first and came by to check - at no further cost to me. Each time they came they said they could not near it knocking. I had them come by several times because it was very distracting and I paid 7500.00 for a hot tub that sounded like something was wrong. The problem was never resolved. I called them in April 2013, the hot tub that sat hardly used was now leaking. This time before they would come out I needed to sign new agreements and give them my credit card, it was 4/28/13 before they came out to see what was wrong. The inspection cost me 220! I was told I needed a new jet pump. I asked about the warranty, it had a 2 years no leak plumbing warranty. But now it's out of warranty and I needed to cover the whole cost to replace it, parts and labor it was (06/02) $936.75. I asked if the knocking I had been hearing was that caused the jet pump to fail. Jeremy told me it could be what caused it. When they pulled it out the whole pump was a RUSTED mess, this is from a 2 year old hardly ever used brand new hot tub that has never been moved from the date they installed it. After they left I noticed my hot tub was still leaking! No knocking but obviously losing lots of water. So I called again, and again had to pay for them to come inspect it. That was (06/12/) 103.75. I called and again poke to Jeremy asking what I'm paying another inspection fee- they just came to inspect for a leak, it's still leaking. I did eventually get 103.75 credited back. Waterworks came back to find the leak and hopefully fix it this time. Half of the labor and cost of the pipes was discounted because the manufacture was honoring there product, waterworks charged ( 06/25) 220 for the repair and ( 07/31) 315. The pipes broke causing it to leak. I asked if the bad pump caused the pipes to break. If my pump was replaced when I had gotten the hot tub or if they had taken the effort to problem shot the issue from the start I would not have had to shell out 1394.97 for a faulty jet pump on a brand new hot tub read less
- WATERWORKS INCMy husband paid 7000 dollars to lay down a cement pad and then bought a hot tub for a graduation present for me. However, the first spa we bought would not heat up past 80 degrees, Waterworks told us to wrap blankets around it because its too cold outside! Then the panel stopped working and we called the actually company to use a warranty (this was after 2 weeks of calls back and forth). Next hot tub work okay for about 3 months when we started to notice leaking. Called and left several messages. Set up several appointments when no one even showed up (they said they did, but we were home and did not see anyone come). We were told several times over the next 6 months that it is only condensation from the lid etc. Finally one technician said that yes it is leaking and gave us a quote of 1800 dollars for labor to fix. Now after having it a year and a half, it does not turn on. Called the company and was told someone would call me back to make an appointment, we'll see. Also told that it is probably condensation, again! which it is not. Also told that our pad is not level, will use a level on it when I get home, but a $7000 pad is not crooked, plus the leaking was on 2 different sides so that is not it. Called the warranty number for the hot tub company that makes them and was told that yes if these problems are reported then Waterworks will need to fill out a warranty and the labor is included for 1 year. Anyways, probably will never buy a hot tub again, and definitely will never buy one from this company again. Salesperson was nice but this is a Venus fly trap read less
Pool Cleaning Companies in Nikiski
- Business Description:Heavenly Heat Infrared Saunas are made for the chemically sensitive. That means that our infrared saunas create an ideal, safe, and effective detoxification environment for anyone seeking to eliminate toxic substances from their body. read lessRecent Review:Terrible! Wish I had gone with another company. Here is the issue with Heavenly Heat. If your sauna arrives damaged or and issue arrives -- they have zero technical support. Your repairs will be done by any "joe" that heavenly heat finds to do the repair in your area. They will have no experience with Sauna's and are given no instructions regarding the chemical free aspect of these sauna's. The worst part is the buyer, me, was treated as if I was the problem for wanting my sauna repaired correctly. I would have refused the delivery had I realized I was receiving a damaged sauna and would have to spend hours and days trying to get this resolved. The owner, Bob Morgan, is extremely responsive before he has your money but after, is a different story. When inquiring about the sauna he would respond generally within 10 minutes. After you purchase, and particularly if you have a problem with it, you are treated as if you're a nuisance. My sister bought a competitors sauna around the same time and the service she received from knowledgable representatives was a world of difference from my experience. My other issue was that there were shipping delays and Bob would never communicate them. I would have to pursue him to get information. I think they make a decent sauna but I would not recommend for reasons stated above read lesschris k.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR .. read lessRecent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:We are BEST ARQ, a design architecture online company in USA. We Can make all the design you need for pool, outdoor bar & grill, drywall sky, landscape, waterfall, wet wall, sky garden, addition house, guest house, and more. With a few info we Can make you a design of a Pool starting at $29.99 and a 3d model with render starting $69.99 high Quality. Try it now, if you are not happy get a full refund. We work with contractors, housewifes and people who needs a real and fast architectural de.. read less
- Business Description:Award winning.Recent Review:Both were awesome! Very professional and talented.Jan P.
- Business Description:My name is JD, the proud owner of 24 hr. Arctic Services, offering licensed, insured, and bonded contractor services throughout the state of Alaska. We offer quality services to residential, commercial, industrial, and restaurant clientelle with years of proven experience. 24 hr. Arctic Services is a small, customer-focused contracting company, which allows for quick, personalized service. I pride myself in being very friendly, straight-foward, knowledgable, and willing to go that extra ste.. read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful pool cleaning service articles
When it’s time to winterize your pool, whether it’s inground or above-ground, follow this pool closing checklist to know the steps you need to get ready for winter, including chemicals to use and what kind of pool cover is right for you.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
pool service companies in Nikiski
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services905 Muldoon Rd.
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services
- Allure Day Spa & Hair Design142 W 5th Ave
- Allure Day Spa & Hair Design
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Heavenly Heat SaunasPO Box 2892
Crested Butte, Colorado
- Heavenly Heat Saunas