Dr Roof Atlanta Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since December 2002

88 Mansell Ct

Roswell, GA 30076

Dr. Roof is a full service home improvement service company. Our work comes with both labor and manufacturer material warranties. We are dedicated to providing a high quality service and product. We provide roofing, siding, painting, and related services with over 31 years of experience. Dr. Roof looks forward to providing you with a free estimate and a superior home improvement experience unlike any you have had before....

08/17/2022

Anthony A.

Broken the window, damaged the air-conditioning, cameras system stopped working. damaged my gutters removed the siding they never put it back, removed all the equipment and supplies but they refused to complete the job,

Description of Work
Siding they removed it from the back of my house and replaced it.

Category siding

05/18/2021

Alton B.

It was very good they were on time, polite they did the job appropriately and there's no problem.

Description of Work
Roof repair

02/21/2021

Zhentao H.

The team did excellent job! I would like to especially thank James Thomas (the estimator) and Daniel & Robert Martinez (the technicians). They are professional, proficient and polite! I will use their service again and refer to others for sure.

Description of Work
Roof shingles repair

06/22/2020

Ron S.

The Quote Request sent via Angie's List actually says "Vinyl siding installation" yet after a two week wait for someone to come to the house when the agent came to my door he said "We don't sell vinyl siding, only the more expensive fiber cement." COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME - THIS COMPANY HAS NO RESPECT!

Description of Work
Siding, Fascia, and Sofit Quote

Category contractors, siding

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for taking time to review your experience. I'm sorry it wasn't a good one. I will update our list of services today.

06/18/2020

Rob F.

Was quoted $800 for repairs by James W and was told they would take roughly an entire day. The $800 quote sounded reasonable for the amount of time. The repair took a little over an hour. Do not trust the estimates. We have used Dr Roof to have our roof replaced in the past as well as minor repairs. Unfortunately the salesperson decided to try to take advantage of us.

Description of Work
Vent pipe repairs

Thank you for raising your concerns. Our policy is to provide quotes for the specific type of work required. The quote is not based solely on the estimated time of the repair, so no time estimate should be provided. Our quoted prices take into account the cost for materials, complexity of repair, risks, such as height and pitch of roof, time, and cost of insurance. Our protocol is not to provide the estimated amount of time a repair will take, as there are too many variables to provide a time estimate. Our technicians are also not paid by time, rather for performing the repairs themselves on a per unit basis. We apologize for the miscommunication and will investigate this situation to ensure the salesperson is operating within the protocols of our company.

04/07/2020

TIM I.

I explained to the receptionist what I needed done and the quote came back for a total gutter replacement. The house is only 12 years old and nothing is wrong with the gutters other than some loose nails. Nothing like a bait and switch. I used them several years ago and they fixed gutters at that time. But they also added another downspout that wasn't needed and I had told them several times I didn't want that part of the quote. I have 23 rental units and wont be using them in the future.

Description of Work
Needed a small section of gutter tightened up to house.

Category gutter repair

Hi Tim, I spoke with Greg, our rep with [Member Information Removed]. Roof and with our office staff who took the call. Our quote was given to fully replace the gutters and reuse the existing downspouts. It was our opinion that there was damage to the miters along with gutters sagging in several areas that was viewed by our representative as a need to replace the gutters. The conversation our rep had with you as I understand, did not end well. I do apologize that our office didn't tell you we don't do gutter repair work - that may have better set your expectation on what quote we could offer. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

03/27/2020

Adam H.

They showed up on time, were polite and professional.

Description of Work
Repair of shingles in one section of my roof.

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you!

07/03/2019

Jeff B.

The workers were prompt and efficient and did a great job of cleaning up . The salesman was friendly and informative . The office staff was pleasant and kept us regularly informed of scheduling and weather delays .

Description of Work
New Roof and some carpentry repairs

09/25/2018

John P.

Arturo did a thorough analysis of my roof issues and delivered a detailed estimate of recommended repairs and some additions which seemed reasonable but not necessary. I decided to use another contractor to do only the repairs without the additions proposed by Dr. Roof.

Description of Work
Roof repair

08/08/2018

Kevin C.

They refused to even look at the roof because it was 20 years old

Description of Work
Repair my roof

Are you certain this was Dr. Roof? We inspected the roof, showed pictures of damage and suggested filing a claim with Country Financial. We offered to meet with adjuster and everything. We followed up several times to see when adjuster would be coming out and did not hear back from you. We think you may have us confused with another contractor who may have refused to help you.

07/05/2018

patrick B.

They were very good. They came out and did it. The price was reasonable and the problem was solved.

Description of Work
They put in a some drift edge and repaired the gutter.

07/02/2018

John S.

They were on time for the estimate and on time for the work that was performed. They removed my old shingles, tar paper, and vents and replaced them with new underlayment and GAF Timberline Shingles with new vents. The workers were efficient, knew what they were doing, worked extremely hard and long and did a great job. The project manager was on site much of the time and ready to answer any questions or respond to concerns. The new roof replaces one installed 19 years ago and the quality of the new roof greatly exceeds that of the previous roof. They cleaned up after they finished and did not destroy any flowers, shrubs, or plants. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Remove and replace roofing

06/25/2018

Sara B.

Repaired roof leak aroud bathroom vent successfully.

Description of Work
Roof repair

05/08/2018

L W.

Let me first state that everyone that I spoke to at Dr. Roof was polite initially. I contacted Dr. Roof to see if someone could come out to inspect my home for hail or storm damage. They submitted a proposal stating that I had possible damage and stated that my insurance company was more lenient than most regarding storm damage. After several months, I apprehensively contacted my insurance company to place a claim on getting a new roof after conversing with the storm damage department several times. I was nervous about my policy amount increasing after I made the claim and not being able to get a new roof, so I contacted Dr. Roof to see if a roofer could come meet with the insurance agent on my behalf. Big mistake on my part. The roofer, though nice, was rather talkative and unnecessarily showed the agent items inside the house and on the roof that indicated that the leaks were possibly not caused by storm damage. Needless to say, the agent stated that I did not need a roof based on "my roofer" suggestions. After the agent left, the roofer indicated that he could get someone out to give me an estimate on repairing the leak, for which I would have to pay out of pocket. He stated that I should give it a few more years and I would probably need a new roof. I would have done better without his help. Additionally, I recently sought out an estimator for siding and windows and called Dr. Roof to make an appointment. Oscar came out and measured the house and informed me that he would provide the estimate by Saturday. It was Thursday, On Monday, I did not receive the estimate, so I called the office. Each time, they indicated that I would have it that day. I called again on Tuesday, and the young lady indicated that she would send it over in 30 minutes. I still have not received the estimate. Since I did not hear from Oscar, I went ahead and signed a contract for full house window replacement (20+ windows) with another company. Unfortunately, they don't install siding. I guess I'll keep looking for siding companies.

Description of Work
Roof, Siding, and Windows

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

04/28/2018

Laura C.

After collecting estimates from a number of highly rated companies, I selected Dr. Roof to replace my roof and gutters. Dr. Roof's estimate was the second most expensive I received, but I chose them for the job because their estimate was by far the most thorough. Oscar spent 2 hours at my house, including going into my attic, to inspect the condition of my roof. He showed me pictures and explained where the damage was and the extent of the work needed. He answered all my questions and went over the estimate line by line. Because the estimate was so thorough, my final charge barely deviated from the estimate. The only variable charge was the cost of new decking, which is charged by the number of sheets that have to be replaced--and that isn't known until the old roof is stripped off. I was extremely impressed with the quality of the work of both the roofing crew and gutter crew. Both crews left my property immaculate. We have had several periods of heavy rain since the work was completed, and the roof and gutters are handling the rain perfectly. Why didn't I give Dr. Roof an A rating? Well, they aren't as responsive as they should be--especially given that many of their clients are paying five figures for work to be completed. I expect a higher level of customer service from providers. At every turn, I had to follow up with Dr. Roof to get an answer--getting a corrected estimate to include the charge for new gutters, getting shingle samples so my HOA could approve the color, getting the work scheduled (calls for both the roof and gutter scheduling), getting a correct invoice. It took multiple phone calls and/or e-mails by me at every step. For example, I e-mailed the staff member in charge of billing with some questions I had about my invoice. No reply. Five days later I called only to learn she had been on vacation. Everywhere I've ever worked, I've been required to put an out-of-office message on my e-mail and voicemail greeting to let people know I'm not in the office and who they can contact in my absence. In any event, Dr. Roof does superior quality work and I've already recommended them to a friend. I would hire them again. If they improved their responsiveness and professionalism, they would earn an A rating from me.

Description of Work
Roof and Gutter Replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

03/28/2018

Deborah W.

They were professional, on time and did a great job (unlike the previous contractor). I gave the a B because there was a piece of trim that did not get nailed down and I will have to have them come back and do that. Otherwise, it looks 100% better!!

Description of Work
Because of a bad contractor, we had to start over and completely redo siding on our dormer's.

Category roofing, siding

03/09/2018

craig R.

the entire crew did a great job and we would hire again

Description of Work
replaced rotten wood, painted the house and replaced gutters

Category gutter repair, woodworking, house painters

03/07/2018

Helen M.

No complaints. Waiting for the next big rain to make sure!

Description of Work
Roof repair/maintenance and gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, roofing, roof cleaning

03/07/2018

Kristopher L.

Well done. Minor issues were addressed and fixed. A crew chief or supervisor walked the around the house in joint inspection. Colors were vibrant and paint coating very thick, all caulking and minor surface repairs made.

Description of Work
29-year old Roof replaced and updated to code; chimney siding replaced, rear French doors and two windows replaced, and entire house painted.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, chimney caps, chimney repair, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

02/24/2018

Gloria E.

Honored warranty and mistakes done from original work immediately from the time they were notified. Although would have preferred to have it completed correctly the first time. First, nails went through ceiling, didn’t install flashing correctly caused leaks and stains on wall.

Description of Work
Flashing for screened in deck

02/23/2018

Holly H.

The crew got here early and completed the work in one day. Don was very thorough and clear with our estimate, Laurie, from the office was extremely helpful and kind throughout the process, and Luka was onsite to monitor the process. They did an excellent job; roof looks great.

Description of Work
roof replacement

02/22/2018

stacy S.

The service was very fast and punctual. Thomas Stratton, whom performed the inspection, is extremely knowledgeable and excellent at being descriptive in his detail within the report. And, he got the report and photos to me the next day as promised. He supplied many (high quality resolution) photos. I would recommend Dr Roof for any roofing matters from new roof install to roof inspections. They have true professionals within their ranks.

Description of Work
Roof inspection for quality assurance after roof install by another roofing company

02/19/2018

Sharon H.

We are very satisfied. Have already referred them to several neighbors and friends. People are slowing down are looking at our house and telling us how great it looks😄

Description of Work
New windows

Category gutter repair, siding, chimney repair, house painters

02/19/2018

Vijay P.

Very pleased with the quality of work and attention to detail. The crew acted in a professional and courteous manner. All work, including final cleanup, was completed in a neat and timely fashion. Communication was excellent from start to finish, including the office and on site supervisor.

Description of Work
New roof (replacement.)

01/30/2018

Dan J.

The team is very professional and did a great job from start to finish. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Siding, roofing, windows, carpentry, decks, painting - all repairs from storm damage

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, chimney caps, chimney repair, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Duckworth Gutters & Renovation

We are a family owned and operated gutter company with 30 years experience. We specialize in seamless gutter installations and leaf free gutter covers. We can also custom fabricate gutters, metal porches and baytops.

Atlanta Painting Company

The Painters YOU can TRUST! We are a full service painting company specializing in home improvements for residential homeowners and commercial businesses. We offer services such as Interior Painting, Exterior Painting, Stipple Ceiling Removal, Popcorn Ceiling Removal, Flooring, and Gutter Installation. The Atlanta Painting Company proudly serves the greater metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia area including: Buckhead, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Marietta, Johns Creek, Norcross, Suwanee, Duluth, Woodstock, Peachtree Corners and everywhere in between. We also have an office located in Peachtree City to better service our customers on the southside of The Metro Atlanta area. We have a project minimum of $1500, and Free Color Consultations have a project minimum of $2000. Additional e-mail: leads@atlantapaintingcompany.com.

Custom Clean Pressure Washing

Remodeling general, carpentry unfinished & woodworking, ceiling fans, chimney caps, deck maintenance, doors, electrical, fireplaces, firewood, gutter cleaning, repair & replacement, heating & ac, insulation, painting exterior & interior, pressure washing, roofing, siding, skylights & windows.