The cost of a gravel driveway varies based on labor and the cost of the gravel itself. Supply and demand on the mineral market might impact driveway gravel prices. We’ve broken down everything that factors into your gravel driveway cost here.
Get matched with top stone & gravel companies in Chugiak, AK
There are 2 highly-rated local stone & gravel companies.
Recent Stone Gravel Reviews in Chugiak
- Rock LandscapingRuss and his crew did an outstanding job. The rock retaining walls are exactly what we wanted and the yard was re-contoured and landscaped for erosion control. Very good crew, fast and very courteous. We were lucky to have the work done at the beginning of summer. Overall one of the smoothest job we had had done. Highly recommend them for anything that needs extra attention to detail read less
- Rock LandscapingGreat experience all around, Russ was very responsive and knowledgeable and his entire team were professional and courteous. Appreciated his advice and suggestions. Shout out to Austin and Chris for their roles as leads on the project. Love the results and would definitely recommend
- Rock LandscapingIt went especially well--much better than I expected! The photo is an old one, but it shows the size of the flower box that was repaired.
- Rock LandscapingRuss and his crew did a great job under the added pressure of getting important parts of the project done before freeze-up. I also increased the scope of the project as we got into it and Russ was very responsive and worked with me and had great suggestions about how to most cost-effectively accomplish the additional work. Russ has lots of experience and knows what he is doing and the quality of the work is the best I've ever seen. I look forward to working with Russ on several projects in 2019 read less
- Rock LandscapingHis crew was outstanding, very knowledgeable and did what they said they would and more. The price was fair. I will recommend and use him, again.
- Team Hale LLCI needed to have my driveway repaired very quickly in order to prepare property for sale. Estimate was done the day I called and work was started the very next day. The company was professional and did a wonderful job. They are very meticulous and made sure the work was done to the highest standards read less
- ALBERTO'S LAWN & LANDSCAPEI had a new lawn put in the last time they were here; so they are going to be here again this spring. The price charged by them wasn't bad. The other companies wanted about $3000, $4000 and $5000. Alberto did a good job and he is going to be up-keeping the lawn. I haven't called him yet. He would probably not start until May or June. I am terrified that if I don't have somebody looking on the grass, then it would die. They were here when they said they were going to be here. They did it under the available time and within the time that they gave me. They were very good at explaining as to how I am supposed to take care of the lawn and what would happen. They gave me a very good run down of what to expect and what would happen. Everything happened as they said and the grass started coming up when they said. They were really careful about explaining everything to me and how to take care of my lawn. Alberto also did some gravel work on the outside and I think he charged me about $1000 for that. That was quite a bit of work too. They had to redo the side. I was thinking of blacktopping it, but I then decided to put some regular gravel. I wanted to have a piece of rubber to go along the side and made sure that it stayed in there. It wasn't a big area, but it had to be shaped in a certain way. Alberto was very nice and his work was really good read less
- Rock LandscapingRock Landscaping did an amazing job Landscaping at our new home. My wife and I moved to Wasilla after 41 years in Anchorage and we let Russ (owner) of Rock Construction design and recommend materials for our project. We spent $23,000. 2 years after the Borough sent us a certified letter stating we were in violation as the rock that bordered our property was encroaching on Borough easement. 7 feet (20 cubic yards) will need to be removed before first snowfall or the Borough will send their crew out to remove the rock, at our expense. The Borough stared that the contractor should have been aware of the Borough regulations. We approached Russ (owner) Rock Landscaping to assist in removing the rock. We have a neighbor that will take the rock, 1200 feet from our house. We even offered to hire and pay for his equipment and labor. We were told that there was no way he could get to it this year. My wife and I are at the age that removing the rock on our own is impossible. We have tried and unsuccessfully found any company available to assist. If you are considering using Rock Landscaping we recommend you make sure your project meets Borough regulation and obtain a permit prior to proceeding. We will not use or recommend Rock Landscaping because of the owners unwillingness to take any responsibility or assist us in moving the rock. This company lacks customer service read less
- Arctic Mountain Development IncArctic Mountain Development (AMD) is NOT licensed, bonded & insured. They only have a "Handyman" license which allows work up to $10K in Alaska. Additionally, the company "Handyman" is only a salesman, Jason Wood. The company is a shell company for Prudential Real Estate agent, Dennis Wood (Jason's father). When AMD bid on the job, I negotiated buying all the supplies myself per their list for the project (so that I could get mileage). I was over charged $1800- and had already paid them. AMD refused to refund it. Additionally, they charged for four sonic tubes to hold up the deck but only installed three sonic tubes. I photographed their work daily at the end of their shifts to document their work and materials actually used. AMD refused to remit the over payment and I took them to Small Claims Court. We settled in Court and they paid me back $1200.00. I also filed a report with the BBB and they opened an alert on this company. I contacted the State of Alaska and began researching AMD's business license. The State of Alaska Department of Commerce, Division of Occupational Licensing Examiner found that, ?Jason R. Wood dba Arctic Mt. Development is not a registered contractor.? Print outs from the State of Alaska, Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing website shows that AMD is a ?business corporation,? and that Dennis L. Wood, is listed as a ?licensed Associate Broker,? for Prudential Vista Real Estate located at 4241 B. Street.? Further the licensing showed, Jason R. Wood, is listed as a ?licensed salesperson,? NOT a contractor! AMD is not licensed as a landscaper or contractor. I fail to see how having an Associate Real Estate Broker?s license could qualify AMD or any employee there of to perform construction services. Additionally, my other two neighbors had work performed by AMD during the same summer. The project they did for one neighbor was over $21K which exceeded the "$10K Handyman" license limit and was illegal! AMD excavated the driveway and replaced it. My other neighbor had pavers put in and was also over charged by $1000- read less
Paver Installers in Chugiak
- Business Description:With 35 years experience, Rock Landscaping provides landscaping services throughout the Anchorage Eagle River Wasilla Big lake area. We specialize in redeveloping the rugged Alaskan landscape into beautiful lawns with natural rock walls natural stone fire pits natural stone walkways for customers who want more outdoor living space, larger driveways or who need to divert water away from their foundations read lessRecent Review:Rock Landscaping was not interested in doing our project.Scott L.
- Recent Review:They were at my home an hour within posting. I had storm damage so I was glad they were quick. They were finished a few days and only came back to remove the stumps.Bruce K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful paver installer articles
An AC tune-up will cost around $75 to $200. But, there are benefits to paying this annual fee. The cost of AC maintenance will save you money down the road, as you’ll catch problems early. You can learn more with this AC tune-up cost breakdown.
A load of river rock between one - 15 cubic yards costs $50 to $150 to deliver. Large loads, remote destinations and difficult-to-access areas will add-on cost.
stone & gravel companies in Chugiak
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!