PEX plumbing may leach contaminants into the tap water of your home, but more studies are needed to determine if PEX is safe for drinking water. Here’s what we know about PEX pipes and how they compare to other forms of household plumbing.
Get matched with top water softener companies in Big Lake, AK
There are 3 highly-rated local water softener companies.
Recent Water Softeners Reviews in Big Lake
- Rock Solid Plumbing & HeatingService is fantastic! Very knowledgeable technicians and friendly staff. They will be my go-to for all our plumbing and heating needs in the future!
- Rock Solid Plumbing & HeatingIt was fantastic. The techs were in time and did a fantastic job. They showed up early and did a great job.
- Plumbing & Heating DoctorAll work has been completed on time and at or less than budgeted. We highly recommend the plumbing and heating doctor and will continue using them for all of our plumbing, heating and cooling needs!
- Plumbing & Heating DoctorTony did great work for us and was very professional and knowledgeable. We really enjoy our new hot water system and water conditioner. He also went over both systems with us so we understood them well. We've gone to him for years and we're delighted we found someone like him.
- Plumbing & Heating DoctorTony has excellent customer service and is the absolute best in the valley. I would recommend his services to everyone.
- Plumbing & Heating DoctorTony did a fantastic job on our new system. He listened to what I wanted and delivered. He proposed a price and after negotiation settled on a lump sum fee for the entire project. This was a relatively complicated project as he removed all the old system and reconfigured a new one. All new pumps (no zone valves). We have recirculating instant hot water and a new high efficiency IBC condensing boiler which also heats the water for the hot water tank. We also installed a new water softener system and relocated the old pressure tank and water filter from the old side of the house to the garage. Everything is laid out perfectly. Tony was very neat and delivered what he said he would. I would highly recommend Tony for your plumbing services read less
- Plumbing & Heating DoctorTony arrived on time, and informed us of the progress throughout the day. Our heating system was not keeping the temperature consistent throughout the zones. I thought it was thermostat related but Tony quickly traced the issue to a relay issue in the valve system (a less expensive repair). We still had all thermostats replaced with programmable ones and the system is already saving us money and heating evenly. Tony also had our water tested (we are on a well) and confirmed that our water was hard (very hard). Since we have a large household he recommended a more expensive system than we had originally considered but his research proved right. He quoted us a price for the water softener with and without installation but we chose with installation. Tony called about 2 weeks after all of the work was done (took four days to complete all of the work) to confirm that eveything was working without issue. His estimates were spot on and we are very pleased with the work. We recommend him as he did a great job, cleaned up the work area, made reasonable recommendations for our consideration without being pushy, and has reasonable rates. Tony is our new go-to guy for plumbing and heating issues read less
- Plumbing & Heating DoctorTony does first rate work. He was on time (he was even early!). He quickly diagnosed the problem and got right to work. He was professional, polite and extremely helpful. He always makes himself available when needed, and he is our "go-to-guy" for anything related to our heating and plumbing systems. You will not go wrong with Tony and Plumbing and Heating Doctor read less
- Plumbing & Heating DoctorTony did a FANTASTIC job. He started the work on SATURDAY with no higher charges for weekend work. He stayed with the job to completion. He performed the work for half the labor costs quoted by another contractor. He was thorough and professional. He is the BEST heating and plumbing contractor that I have dealt with in the Mat-Su Valley. I have signed up for a continuing maintenance plan and would recommend him VERY HIGHLY. You cannot do any better than Tony with Plumbing & Heating Doctor read less
- Meadow Lakes SupplyBack in May we had them come in for an estimate. Our questions were patiently answered and options were discussed. There was a misunderstanding about receiving the estimate (we did not hear anything, Pat thought we were not interested), but it was redated and all straightened out. I scheduled the work for the 23rd of June, and we now have two fans that do what they are supposed to do. We also plan on having them come back to install a new extractor fan in our kitchen and do other work read less
Water Softener Installers in Big Lake
- Business Description:Residential and business water treatment systems. Water softeners, UV lights. We will analyze your water for contaminants such as chlorine, low pH, iron, bacteria, and devise a system to suit your needs. Treat your water from the source, as it enters your home, so whether you are drinking it, cooking with it or bathing in it, your water is pure read lessRecent Review:The process was quick and easy. I just provided a water sample. It was determined that I had high levels of chlorine in our drinking water. I was able to solve my water problems with only one filter. Why did I wait years to have this done? Now I can be confident that our water is safe. Highly recommended read lessTony R.
- Business Description:We are a family owned business with locations in Palmer & Wasilla AK. We service all of the Mat-Su Valley. From repairing your Heating System / Water Heater or replacing them with new equipment, we can solve your problem. We specialize in High Efficiency Units. We also sell and install water treatment systems. Available 24/7 year around, for your plumbing and heating emergencies. read lessRecent Review:They were awesome Explained so I could understand No mess Fixed probkemLinda D.
- Business Description:We take pride in delivering the highest quality craftsmanship - on schedule and on budget. At Rock Solid, we hire only the best and brightest, well-trained, certified technicians to ensure our customers feel safe, secure and receive the best service Alaska has to offer. PROUDLY SERVING ALASKA from Eagle River to Willow: (Rock solid serves the following areas: Eagle River, Peters Creek, Palmer, Sutton, Wasilla, Big Lake, Houston and Willow. To inquire about service outside of these areas, plea.. read lessRecent Review:It was fantastic. The techs were in time and did a fantastic job. They showed up early and did a great job.Jeff V.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR .. read lessRecent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:We are a family run business.
- Business Description:Our company works with contractors as a sub-contractor for installation of plumbing, heating and environmental air systems. The company also works on home and commercial remodels and retro fitting heating and water heating systems read lessRecent Review:Despite repeated requests, Statewide Mechanical (SWM) did not honor their warranty after installing heating systems that did not provide adequate heat. We had to sue SWM in small claims court in order to get the money out of them in order to fix the problem they created. Please read more below for a more detailed synopsis. My wife purchased a 4-plex in the summer. SWM installed three new heating systems in three of the four units that fall. The original heating systems provided more than adequate heat to the units. There had been no heating issues during the previous 5 years that the previous owner owned the 4-plex and the original heating systems had been in place for 31 years. However, the new heating systems installed by SMW failed to provide adequate heat after installation. After SWM installed the three new heating systems, all of the tenants that lived in these three units started to call us saying their units were cold (the tenant in the fourth unit that did not get a new heating system had adequate heat). So we contacted SWM to investigate why the units were not being heated adequately. SWM sent a technician and determined that more baseboard was needed in each unit and provided us with a bid to pay more money to SWM to install more baseboard in all three units instead of honoring their warranty on the new heating systems and fixing the problem. Basically, SWM was saying it was not their fault that there was a heating problem, even though the same baseboard was enough for the previous heating systems. We sent letters back and forth between SWM for months to try and get them to honor their warranty and fix the issue they created. In the meantime, we had no choice but to buy space heaters for our tenants and reduce their rents in order to not lose them. After 9 months of getting nowhere with SWM, we sued them in small claims court for breach of the warranty. We won our case against SWM and were awarded money to cover some of our damages, including court costs and attorney’s fees. I am sharing our unfortunate experience with SWM, so that you hopefully will not have a similar experience read lessConnor M.
- Business Description:We are dedicated to providing professional, quality work with an attitude of "NEVER PROBLEMS, JUST SOLUTIONS." Our reputation in the plumbing & heating field is exemplary. Apex Plumbing & Heating is devoted to maintaining that standard in today's plumbing & heating industry. We are now C.A.P.S. certified - "Certified Aging in Place Specialist. read lessRecent Review:Excellent. Very friendly and customer service oriented. Tyler did the work and was fantastic in all areas.sandra g.
- Business Description:Paragon mechanical is a full service plumbing and heating company we install boilers, water heaters, water treatment equipment, gas piping, plumbing and heating equipment repairs.
- Business Description:We are the Valley's only Full Service Water Store. Specializing in water filtration, conditioning, iron and arsenic removal.
- Business Description:KLEBS is proud to be a leader in the Anchorage plumbing and heating industry and beyond. We specialize in efficient solutions – residential or commercial services. We're there. Additional DBAs - Klebs Heating, Klebs Heating & Air. Additional phones - (907) 365-2514, (907) 344-1128 read lessRecent Review:Between 2009 and 2014 or so, they did furnace maintenance and repair. They wouldn't combine a service and a maintenance visit...insisting on charging for a 2nd visit to come back and clean. That is regardless of the fact that the furnace they installed in 2009 for about $13K, quit working. They would neither comp any of the multiple repair visits that occurred between 2009 and 2012, nor would they clean the furnace on the same visit to repair it. When I finally refused to pay for a service visit immediately following a repair, I was referred to the service manager. I only include this to say that the tone of the service manager was so condescending, patronizing and chauvinistic, there was no point in having a conversation unless you have a male voice. Also, if you're hot water heater has a leak or fails, beware of the prompt service visit with a pre-printed bid in the truck. ...for $3,000 for a new water heater and $4,000+ if you want the 'really good' one read lessDebora C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful water softener installer articles
From the hardness setting to regenerating time, adjusting the settings for your home’s water softener might seem complicated. Learn how to control and program your water softener yourself to get the best results without the need to call a pro.
A water softener works hard to ensure that your dishes, laundry, skin, and hair have a softer feel. But what makes it work? Here's how this mechanism helps soften water in your home and what you should know before you buy one.
water softener companies in Big Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services905 Muldoon Rd.
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services
- Bighorn Remodeling & Repair LLCPO Box 671462
Eagle River, Alaska
- Bighorn Remodeling & Repair LLC
- Chem Free Pure Water Systems338 Mountain Dr N
- Chem Free Pure Water Systems
- DrinkFromTheRock.com7181 Eagles Perch Dr .
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Klebs Mechanical Inc1107 E 72nd Ave
- Klebs Mechanical Inc
- Rock Solid Plumbing & Heating3341 E. Palmdale Dr.
- Rock Solid Plumbing & Heating
- Statewide Mechanical22750 McManus Dr
- Statewide Mechanical
- WaterPro1203 West Parks Hwy.