Anchorage Plumbing and Heating

Founded 1989 • With Angi since May 2011

Since its inception Anchorage Plumbing and Heating has been a leader in the plumbing and heating service industry. Serving the Anchorage Bowl since 1989 our staff of highly trained and licensed technicians pride themselves on delivering the highest quality plumbing and heating service available. We have grown every year and now stand alone as the largest plumbing and heating service company in the Anchorage Bowl. We attribute this growth to a simple but tried and true premise that building customer trust comes from Honesty and Fairness. Not from saying you're honest and fair, but from years of conducting business in a way that shows that we care about our customers and would never compromise that trust....

Anchorage Plumbing and Heating

+7 more images

plumbers (274)HVAC Companies (130)water heaters (53)drain cleaning (21)

05/11/2022

avee E.

They did a good job. Very profession. they job quickly.

Description of Work
Plumbing services.

Work Completed On 05/11/2021

06/08/2021

Angelo O.

They are my plumbers for more than 10 years.

Description of Work
Plumbing

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

01/10/2021

Travis M.

This review isn’t for the plumber but for your service at Angie’s list. Tried to contact 2 different plumbing companies through your service and neither returned my request.

Description of Work
Shower fixtures and drain

Work Completed On 01/10/2021

01/08/2021

steven K.

Steve at Anchorage Plumbing and Heating went above and beyond to make sure that it was a fantastic job. I apologize to him for not posting this review sooner because he helped me out of a bad spot with this heating replacement. I bid with 3 plumbing companies and he had the lowest price but everyone was booked out for at least 2 months and my boiler starting leaking and was barely working. He promised that if it failed he would move me up in priority. I told him it was leaking faster and had to be reset many times. So he was able to schedule 2 plumbers to replace my heating system. The old boiler failed the night before perfect timing when his plumbers arrived. The plumbers were professional, did a clean installation job, were polite and knowledgeable. The Muni inspector said they did a great job and I couldn't have beat the price, and quality of the work. Will definitely use again for maintenance and recommend them to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Needed to replace boiler and heating system.

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

11/28/2020

Mary H.

It went very well. The plumber was very efficient.

Description of Work
A new faucet was put in the kitchen. The old faucet was not working properly.

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

10/01/2020

Corey E.

A guy came out and worked on the water heater. He broke a valve on the gas line and then left. The unit filled with gas. We called and they sent a night plumber out to fix what the previous person had broken, but they still over charged us for it later. They never apologized for leaving us in a life and death situation and even tacked on extra charges to a bill we received for a job that was supposed to be fixed weeks prior. I would really think twice before calling Anchorage Plumbing and heating. They will work hard at trying to take advantage of you and your business.

Description of Work
I called them to look at a hot water heater that wasn't working.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

09/29/2020

Pamela M.

A thorough inspection was completed. Anchorage Plumbing & Heating has always given us prompt, timely, and professional service.

Description of Work
We always use Anchorage Plumbing & Heating for their winter check up special for our Lochinvar wall mount boiler.

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

08/12/2020

Pamela D.

I called Anchorage Plumbing and Heating in the morning regarding a toilet repair emergency. They were at my house by noon and the plumber was EXCELLENT! The plumber, Ryan, was a real problem solver with energy and skills. He said at least three different times,”let me try this” and he worked very hard. When he fixed it we literally cheered! What a great worker from a long established, well respected local plumbing and heating company. This was not the first time I have hired Anchorage Plumbing and Heating, and their service has always been very good. I will always call them first from now on.

Description of Work
Toilet damaged during renovation was repaired

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

08/10/2020

Ramadhani G.

I have a few rental properties and I always get seasonal maintenance done on all heating systems. This particular unit has never failed or given me any problems. That is until Anchorage Plumbing and Heating "serviced" the unit, and here I am a week later with a boiler that is not working. I called and was informed with profound impassivity that: "There is only Over-Time slots available for the entire week." OT labor rates alone are over $200 per hour. I found this company on Angie's list and here I'll leave it. Good luck folks

Description of Work
Seasonal maintenance work done

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

06/11/2020

Harold P.

My initial call for help was answered immediately and very courteously by the service desk attendant. To my delight Jeremy (service technician) was dispatched immediately to my residence. He was able to quickly determine the cause of the boiler problems and soon had the boiler operating correctly. I am pleased with Anchorage Plumbing & Heatings' friendly and efficient service desk as well as Jeremy's professional workmanship. I have the company tag applied to the boiler for reference next time I need a Plumbing and Heating specialist.

Description of Work
Determine and repair cause of boiler leak.

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

02/28/2020

Hillary J.

Anchorage Plumbing & Heating responded promptly and professionally to a same day, evening call. When it became apparent my furnace needed to be replaced rather than repaired, they were able to expedite the replacement (which was great because it was cold out!) and get my house back up to room temperature promptly. Also previously had them work on faucet and garbage disposal replacement and repairs. On time, professional, and very helpful. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Furnace Repair

Work Completed On 02/27/2020

01/19/2020

Herbert B.

Technician showed up, diagnosed the problem, fixed it, and told us what we need to do to keep the system in top shape. No complaints.

Description of Work
Hearing system quit in mid-winter. Needed it fixed.

Work Completed On 01/18/2020

01/06/2020

nicole H.

Ours is an older home (late 50s/early 60s) and like the rest of Anchorage during this weekend's deep freeze, we experienced a burst pipe. I called Anchorage Plumbing and Heating at 0800 and they had someone (Curtis) at our house by noon - a welcome surprise given the large number of city-wide call-outs. Because of the house's age, there are many mysteries and deviations in its construction and plumbing and so tracking down the leak was not easy. For all the time and hassle and head-scratching moments, Curtis was never anything but patient, quick, and methodical in his approach while remaining mindful of keeping costs to a minimum. Ultimately, the offending pipe was found and expertly repaired. I can not speak enough to Curtis' professionalism and personal character. His quick response time was partly due to the fact that although he had been on vacation, he had called his company offering to come back in to help with the increased workload. He told me he did so because his company is a team that works well together and watches out for one another. For this and every other reason, I would not hesitate to recommend both Curtis and Anchorage Plumbing and Heating. They have in me a customer for life.

Description of Work
find and repair burst pipe after freeze

Work Completed On 01/05/2020

12/07/2019

David F.

Outstanding service. Called at 9:00 am and due to workload was placed on list for after hours visit. They called back at 11:00 am and said a repair technician was on the way. Saved me overtime charges on the service call! Quickly diagnosed the problem as a bad controller board, left for about 45 minutes to get the required board and installed it within about an hour. Could not have gone better. Price was less than I expected, very fair.

Description of Work
Repair Heating Gas Forced Air Heating System

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

11/09/2019

David F.

Jesse did an outstanding job on both visits. He was on time, work was completed expeditiously and he explained all the work he did. Price was very fair.

Description of Work
Annual heating system checkup, replace thermopile on water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

08/24/2019

Terri T.

These guys rock. Great service, great product, fabulous price.

Description of Work
Replaced boiler with on demand system

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/22/2019

06/22/2019

Mark M.

Very well. The jobs were done quickly, cleanly, and at minimal cost.

Description of Work
Leaky outdoor hose bib, leaky kitchen sink, possible corroding pipe in crawlspace.

Work Completed On 06/11/2019

01/06/2019

Philip S.

Furnace went out on Christmas Eve. I called them on December 26th for service and they could not get to it until December 31. So, we were down a furnace for almost a week. It turns out that they found the problem within 15 minutes and fixed it. A wire had become loose (probably due to the recent earthquakes). They reattached the wire and all was working as before. The service was quick and professional. I only wish they could have come more quickly as a down furnace in the winter is vital to get fixed. They are a little on the pricey side but the work was done correctly. I would recommend them if you want the job done right.

Description of Work
Repair Forced Air Furnace

Work Completed On 12/31/2018

12/29/2018

Debra H.

Came out same day as my call - even though it was Christmas Eve! Excellent work - worked on intermittent problem, found igniter issue, cleaned igniter so no part even needed!

Description of Work
Home boiler repair

Work Completed On 12/24/2018

11/01/2018

Melanie L.

Anchorage Plumbing & Heating's technician, Curtis, saved Halloween for me! The furnace quit at my mom's house on Halloween. With the temperature around 20 degrees, I had visions of broken pipes which is a miserable way to begin the winter. Curtis showed up and quickly assessed the problem, a cracked igniter. He showed me the part and talked with me while he replaced it. Curtis also cleaned some of the parts that would have failed otherwise. As he worked, he explained how the parts worked and where safety shut-offs were for power and gas. When the work was complete, Curtis tested the furnace and also did a CO2 check on the rooms in the house. His experience, professionalism, and care about the safety of my family really made him my hero. Thank you, Curtis!

Description of Work
Furnace was not heating my mom's house.

Work Completed On 10/31/2018

10/28/2018

Julio C.

Steve was nocking our door in less than 35 minutes after we asked for help to Anchorage Plumbing and Heater, We told them that our heating system was not working and we were worry because was too cold and we have a baby here. He fixed the issue with our thermostat, installed a new one and adviced us how to keep the system working properly, this is the kind of response you expect from your local services when you face an emergency like this, its very meritorius the fast response of this company, Steve was pleasant and professional throughout his visit to our home . THANK YOU GUYS

Description of Work
Installing a new thermostat

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

09/30/2018

ALAN N.

Technician arrived on time and performed services, as requested.

Description of Work
Service furnace and repair leaky faucet.

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

09/07/2018

Karen C.

I called 1st thing this AM and they were able to send Courtland out early afternoon. I like the fact that they could do both projects. I always use Anchorage Plumbing and Heating for all of my heating needs, but had never used their plumbing service. Every professional and prompt. Need to order in a part, but otherwise, everything is taken care of.

Description of Work
I had plumbing (clogged drain) and heating (heater wouldn't turn on) work done today.