Radon is an invisible gas and every home is susceptible to it. Mitigation systems can significantly decrease the carcinogenic risks posed by radon.
Get matched with top radon inspectors in Tampa, FL
There are 0 highly-rated local radon inspectors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Radon Mitigation Reviews in Tampa
- New Dawn ElectricAllen Quickel of New Dawn Electric went above and beyond for me and my stressed out family! We had been having battery chirping issues with a smoke detector, however we could not pinpoint which one it was. After speaking with Allen in person, we decided to swap out our old (only 2 years old) ones for a set of 10-year, hardwired with lithium battery backup detectors, and that seemed to solve the chirping issue...until 2 days post-install: more chirping! Allen worked with us to determine whether it was one of the new detectors (potential old battery). He came back to our house immediately, during dinnertime, a total saint! Together he and I found an old carbon monoxide detector at the top of an open moving box, and that was the culprit. Had he not come back to our house, sure, we would have discovered the source eventually, but it would have taken much longer, and caused far more frustration than it already had. We are so grateful for Allen's help and we plan on contacting New Dawn Electric if we need help again. Oh, he also installed a ceiling fan part that took him no time, and our fan is now working once again
- Radon Technology CoTIM WAS VERY NICE AND TIMELY. HE TOLD ME THAT WE NEEDED TO FIX OUR SUMP PUMP BEFORE HE COULD SEAL THE RADON TUBES, AND OFFERED TO COME BACK WITHOUT AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE.
- Indoor Environmental Technologies, IncAfter his evaluation and review, he was able to put my mind at ease about my major concerns and gave me some valuable tips about correcting problem areas. I highly recommend Indoor Environmental Technologies to evaluate your residential or commercial property. I can assure you that you won't be disappointed
- TK ROOFING INCTom is easy to work with - highly recommended by a neighbor-told me he does not advertise or use coupons on Angie Lists and he says he stays busy Quoted my home in 2005, for $8500.00 took the old quote and added $1000.00 to it (told me labor was the same-increase due to materials only) Showed up and finished on time No subs Had Insurance Does not pay workers by the square Pulled a permit - inspection went well Underestimated # of roof squares needed for job (5), but did not charge me extra. I advised him that another contractor estimated a higher # of roof squares in case he needed to revisit the quote, he said he trusted his #. Found a lot of screws/nails in my gutters and and around the house - asked Tom to come back and redo the magnet around my house and he do in a timely manner T.K. Roof was 5K less the next lowest bid I received (next lowest bid was Shingle Masters with same shingle, but using peel and stick underlayment instead of 30lb felt - This was an incredible difference. My wife and I are very pleased with his work. Did not mind picking up a few screws and nails for such a quality and competitively priced job! Have had some heavy rain since the job with no leaks - the boots that slid over the old plumbing stacks and vents look great. Would not hesitate to recommend Tom and T.K. Roofin
- MassRADON by Aaron Associates LLCGood - they were in and out in 3 hours just like they said. The quote was correct and they were friendly.
- PREMIUM INSPECTION SERVICESBoth the radon and mold testers were very professional and took the time to explain the processes. They were both on time, and completed the testing. No mold was detected but radon was.
- RADON MITIGATION SERVICES INCRadon Mitigation Services was the second company I worked with to install a radon mitigation system. They arrived on time, kept the house neat and explained my options clearly. They did not guarantee that the radon would be reduced below 4.0 because that is not always possible. I highly recommend them and they are one of the only reliable radon mitigation services in the State of Florida. Gene also suggested an independent tester that will give you the test tapes so you can verify the data. I used my own portable tester and compared it to the test data and they were very similar. When I first discovered the radon, I looked on the State of FL website to find the contractors. I called a few and most do not do residential. RMS had a busy schedule so I called the only other one that would do residential. Big mistake! The OTHER COMPANY that I will not name guaranteed to get the radon below 4.0 and required $1,000 deposit on the $2,000 job. The guarantee means they will keep coming out and boring holes and putting fans and pipes all over your foundation and house until you either give up or they test it as 3.9. The other company cost me a few days off of work and $1,000 before I told them to go away. RMS came out and removed their system. In the process they discovered one of the pipes on the old system had about 25 gallons of water that could have spilled into my attic. The RMS guys literally caught it as it was about to spill. This water got there because the radon system pulls air from your foundation. The air condenses and creates water droplets. The other company had installed the system incorrectly and it trapped the water in the attic pipes instead of dripping under the house. This built up over time and would have spilled in my attic and house had I not turned off the system when it started making noise. The other company also made a mess in my house and did such a poor job hiding the pipes that my neighbors commented that they seemed easy to hide, but it looked like they just didn't bother. In summary, save yourself some trouble. Go to RMS and avoid "guarantees", not so independent testing, a messy house and generally bad work. There are a lot of people in the radon business that should not be in business at all. Avoid them and go with Radon Mitigation Services. Best of luck
- Spire Home InspectionIt went well. He explained everything to me so that I could understand the problems that he found. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an unbiased assessment of the house they are going to purchase.
- Apollo Environmental IncI had very professional, compassionate and polite service from both gentlemen. Frank explained to me that I can mail samples in to be tested if I was concerned and what I should expect from my contractor if I begin renovations to the house. He made me feel better immediately.
- AFFORDABLE RADON & MOLD SOLUTIONS/AFFORDABLE RADThe work was done on time as promised. A problem arose when the workers tried to hook up the radon fan system to a pedestal-type sump pump. Mr Magyar personally came out and installed a submersible sump pump at no additional charge. He was very apologetic and made it right.
Last update on March 13, 2020
Radon Testing Companies in Tampa
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful radon testing company articles
Did you know mold, radon, lead or asbestos may be hiding in your home and making you sick? Read these tips to locate and rid your home of these health hazards.
A Cleveland-area member grew concerned about the presence of radon in his home after tests found high levels of the gas in his neighbor’s house.
Find radon inspectors in
radon inspectors in Tampa
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)4300 Alexander Drive Ste 200
Alpharetta, Georgia 30022
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)
- DG Construction & Inspections212 28th St S
Saint Petersburg, Florida 33712
- DG Construction & Inspections
- Emerald Inspection Service, LLC11212 Mustang Dr.
Dade City, Florida 33525
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Emerald Inspection Service, LLC
- GLADIATOR CONSTRUCTION GROUP11215 State Road 52
Hudson, Florida 34669
- GLADIATOR CONSTRUCTION GROUP
- JD Restorations5514 NW 72nd Ave
Miami, Florida 33166
- JD Restorations
- Quality Home Inspections, Inc.23219 Cypress Trail Dr
Lutz, Florida 33549
- Quality Home Inspections, Inc.
- USA Home Inspections520 NE 14th St
Ocala, Florida 34470
- USA Home Inspections
- Yowell's Roofing Co.1635 N Dale Mabry Hwy Suite 15
Lutz, Florida 33548
- Yowell's Roofing Co.