Steel framing homes have a number of benefits over wood framing. Learn everything you need to know about steel framing homes, how they work, and the pros and cons of steel-framed homes.
Get matched with top building architects in Saint Paul, MN
There are 38 highly-rated local building architects.
Recent Architect Reviews in Saint Paul
- Superior Builders IncJust great! Eric was courteous. Very friendly. Superior work done all jobs. Would definitely hire him again.
- D S Bahr Construction IncThe roof was falling down they tore down and completely rebuilt the room. They did a wonderful job and we are really happy with it. They were on time and worked hard until the work was finished. The work is just beautiful and compliments the house well. They are the only contractor we will hire from here on out
- Powerbuilt Construction IncProfessional job well done in every way. From quotation and planning to implementation Bob Powers was fully engaged and helped drive the process forward and keep the job moving with consistency, constant attention to detail and a sense of urgency. AAA rating.
- ISPIRI DESIGN BUILDWe originally went with Ispiri after having concerns with other firms responsiveness or interest in our basement finish project. After sharing our expectations and desired outcomes, Ispiri worked very hard to meet all of them. Home remodel projects are imperfect, and issues will arise no matter the vendor. If you expect perfection without delay or correction, don't do such a project. We appreciated that Ispiri was very responsive to our requests, was quick to respond to questions or concerns, they immediately worked to correct any issues, and the end product was everything we were hoping for. Their design team did a wonderful job getting to know us and helping us make selections in line with what we were looking for (Becca was great!). Additionally, the Project Manager (Jarad) was wonderful to work with the duration of the project, always available to answer questions or push on the subs, quick to to fix any issues that may have arisen, and wonderful at checking in with us throughout. We have a couple smaller projects that would be less involved that we're looking at using them for as well. Overall great experience and would highly recommend
- Klingbeil Construction IncPaul and his small crew did an excellent job and were great to work with. I would highly recommend them!
- Fresh Space DesignIt was a delight to work with Gail. We were able to use her as little or as much as we wanted. I used her for the design of cabinets initially and for lighting, flooring and countertops. She was able to show me how things would look with a 3-d computer program. She could instantly make changes to consider. Gail urged me to add additional lighting and I was very glad to have done so. With her layout of cabinets, and extras, we got great storage value at our price point. Gail's measurements went to cabinet-maker & were spot on. She also added little touches that I didn't catch and that added significantly to the design. Overall, I felt that Gail's assistance was a big factor in our kitchen turning out so well for us. I would definitely recommend her
- Klingbeil Construction IncThe project started on time and complete on time. Paul always responded quickly to our emails and texts. Owing to previous experiences, this was a big plus for us. He worked hard to get the supplies together at a time when there were shortages (2020). Michael is very knowledgeable, a good communicator and a hard worker. Overall, it was a great experience working with this contractor and we look forward to the next time
- Plumbline BuildersRoger and his team at Plumbline did an excellent job on installing our small deck off our back patio door. They were friendly, knowledgeable, and got the job done thoroughly, but quickly. It was great to see the design of the deck before they began work on it, to make sure all of us were on the same page. Plumbline is able to do the biggest remodeling jobs, as well as something as simple as a deck, all while still maintaining their level of professionalism. Highly recommend this company for all of your home improvement needs
- Plumbline BuildersWe recently completed a complete remodel of the top floor of our story-and-a-half in Minneapolis with Plumbline Builders. It included expanding a half bath into a three-quarters master bathroom, adding a small walk-in closet, adding a small study nook, creating a small seating area, and upgrading all the insulation, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing. A few quick high points: - Roger with Plumbline is a straight shooter and very good at staying in touch. He was good at the sales table and communicating with us during the entire process, which was complicated by starting at the same time as COVID shutdowns in March 2020. - COVID - Plumbline did a great job making it work by separating the project area from the living space with a corridor of plastic and having contractors wear masks. Was it perfect, nope, but it was really done well for a very uncertain situation. - Results - the project turned out exactly as we hoped. The work is quality and worth the price. We’d definitely call Plumbline for future remodeling work (which is saying something because we’re big into DIY). - Roger was flexible with letting us do some of the work, and very helpful in working with us through those parts, e.g. demolition Into the weeds: The project bidding and scoping process was really good with Plumbline. Roger and his designer Jim had good ideas and were also clearly used to dealing with contingencies that come up in Minneapolis homes. We did three or four revisions to the initial plan before we landed on one we liked. They did a great job staying in touch and sticking to timelines. Scheduling was also fine. We were about two months out when we signed the contract, which seemed reasonable. The estimated work time was about eight weeks, which we blew past by about a month. However, COVID threw a major wrench into everything, so all things considered I feel like we did well on time. We did our own demolition, and Plumbline arranged for the dumpster delivery and provided some tips on how to get everything out. We also received a building deconstruction grant through Hennepin County, and recovered a lot of building material that will be re-used, including knotty pine wallboard, doors, light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, carpet, etc. Once Plumbline got in, the clean up and framing proceeded very quickly. The contractors did a great job sticking with wearing masks in our living space and clearly knew their stuff. Insulation was the only major complication. We’d let Roger know that there were rebates available for insulation projects early on, but didn’t realize that his insulation contractor wasn’t certified with the gas utility’s rebate program. To his credit, Roger covered the rebate cost out of pocket. The insulation install almost derailed the project. There were issues with the quality of the work, which everyone acknowledged, but we weren’t able to inspect the insulation before it was covered with drywall, only able to see the problems in the unfinished areas behind knee walls or in the shower. Without getting too much into the weeds, we rented a thermal imaging camera to verify that there were few, if any, trouble areas behind the drywall and Roger worked with us and his subcontractor to fix the visible problems and add additional insulation behind the knee walls. It was the only time the project really went awry and it was resolved reasonably. As we moved toward finishes, the only thing I’d add is that Roger says “I run my allowances high” for things like tile and railings, but our experience was that they were modest. We only came under the allowances once or twice, and ran over a few more, and we lean toward simple and traditional styles. So if you really like marble and quartz and glass, or a fancy railing, be prepared to blow past the quoted allowance. The finished project is excellent, just what we’d hoped for. The bathroom looks great and is very functional, despite having to cram a shower under a sloped roof. The tile work is superb, the woodwork is very good. The plumbing, HVAC, and electrical subcontractors were very polite, communicative, and helpful. We particularly liked Jeff, who handled a lot of the general work and the ending punch list, including some of those crazy, unexpected things. Overall, no home improvement project is perfect, and that’s why we appreciated Roger and Plumbline for being able to be honest and straightforward about dealing with the unexpected. They planned well, kept it together during #stayhome and delivered a great remodel at a reasonable price
- Plumbline BuildersPlumbline did a great job. From my first conversation with Roger, the process went smoothly and he was very responsive to my interests and needs. The work was excellent especially the tiling, which turned out even better than I envisioned. Roger was responsive when I had follow up questions. I would definitely hire Plumbline again
Architects in Saint Paul
- Business Description:Design Q&A provides independent Interior and Exterior Remodeling design to help clients redesign their homes with good taste & objective advice affordably. Our clients choose the level of service they need from a 2 hour in-home design consultation to full color 3D remodeling plans showing them and contractors what their project will look like upon completion. Call 612.600.1681 for a quote todayRecent Review:From beginning to end Paul was easy to work with. He worked within our budget and created designs that were attractive and affordable. Communication was prompt and professional. When we decided to add to the project midstream he graciously accommodated our needs. I enjoyed the whole process and wouldn't hesitate working with Paul againLONNIE S.
- Business Description:www.joeshandymanservices.org 20 years experience in Home Improvement, Affordable, Flexible, Free EstimatesRecent Review:It was very good. He was very courteous. He kept everything cleaned. He did the job in a timely manner.Mary Kay O.
- Business Description:Powerbuilt Construction, Inc. is a central Minnesota based, residential and light commercial construction company with WELL over two decades of experience as a general contractor, construction management firm and design builder. construction company with over two decades of experience as a general contractor, construction management firm and design builder. Our specialties include interior and exterior renovations, remodeling, additions and ground up construction of new buildings. With wel..Recent Review:Bob put an addition on my home. I was impressed with how well the addition was leveled to the existing home. The addition was started in May and finished in late September. The work overall was very good, a minor issue that came up after the addition was finished was quickly resolved by BobDebbie W.
- Business Description:Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!Recent Review:Everything went great. Nick was very kind and easy to work with as well. He was trustworthy and the finish work was good not excellent.Brian V.
- Business Description:Honey-Doers has been serving the residential and commercial need of the Twin Cities Metro Area for nearly 20 years. Through exceptional service and quality craftsmanship,we continue to build upon our reputation and growing number of satisfied customers. No matter the job we aim to provide each one of our clients with a superior level of attentiveness, integrity and courtesyRecent Review:Kitchen looks great and I love it. Timing was as promised.Krista O.
- Business Description:Our company has provided complete general contracting services for residential remodeling projects since 1978. Employees. Use only Licensed & Insured Sub-Contractors with long-term relationships. MN Lic. # BC-2562. Serving The Twin Cities Since 1978. EPA RRP CertifieRecent Review:Overall, the project went very well, We are happy with the quality of the work and the result. The plans were creative, and we were happy with the design selections and guidance. There were a few unexpected changes to layout due to structural constraints, which resulted in a less efficient flow. The cost of change orders were not clearly explained prior to execution. The contractor was very hands on and at the job site extensively, and she was easy to get a hold of. The carpenter was not available to work on the project on Fridays, which did extend the project timeline. The contractor pointed out repairs/improvements that needed to be made to bring the home up to code. This added cost, but was necessary and appreciatedKaren N.
- Business Description:At Nordic Tile, we strive to meet all the tiling needs of our customers. Our dedication to devising creative, high quality solutions in new or existing location will leave you with a high-quality look to last a lifetime. We specialize in remodeling and tiling bathrooms within existing homesRecent Review:Andrew from Nordic Tile did an outstanding job on our kitchen backsplash! He was very professional, friendly, prompt and responsive. A true artisan that I highly recommend for your next project!Deborah R.
- Business Description:Plumbline Builders specializes in the complete design and construction of kitchens, bathrooms, master suites and spas, along with additions and associated renovations. (We do not do garages, insurance repairs, or handyman-type work.) As a full service, turn key design, build, remodeling company, we have a team philosophy where each employee, subcontractor, and vendor works together to supply consistent quality and service on every project. Additional contact name - Roger Sirany. Additional DB..Recent Review:The work was great. They were also good at communicating project progress (this was during covid shutdown) and gave ample notice for schedule changes. The initial estimate provided was the amount charged. During the project I asked for several changes, and they accommodated all of them. Excellent team to work withDavid S.
- Business Description:Vail Builders Inc has been family owned and operated in the Hugo, White Bear Lake, Forest Lake, Stillwater, Lino Lakes, Shoreview, and surrounding areas for over 54 years. Vail Builders Inc has made building and remodeling homes our life’s work. Building is in our blood, and our passion for excellence can be seen in every project we build. Our belief in preserving the age-old tradition of hand built craftsmanship is part of our ability to create the highest quality standards. Our services inc..Recent Review:Almost two years ago we hired Vail Builders to remodel our Kitchen. We were so impressed by Jim’s professionalism and attention to detail we asked him to return to gut our only bathroom, and perform what, to us, was a high-end remodel. This remodel involved custom cabinets, soapstone countertop, and ceramic floor and wall tile. Again, Vail Builders exceeded our expectations of finished product and attention to detail. Jim uses only seasoned building professional and all Vail Builders contractors were respectful of our home and to those of us that dwell here, in addition workspaces were cleaned after each work day. Jim is always responsive to inquiries, requests, and those inevitable changes that come up in the course of a major remodel. Communication is timely and thorough. Because of the age of our home and the long list of future projects, my wife and I look forward to a long professional relationship with Jim and the entire Vail Builders TeamMike A.
- Business Description:General Building Contractor specializing in custom residential remodeling, and custom new home construction. The company also has a Land Development Division, a Cabinet Division, and a Helical Pier Foundation Division. Established 1948 in Deephaven, MN as Joe Boyer & SonsRecent Review:They are excellent, easy to work with, great communication and quality work.DAVE L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful architect articles
If you’re renovating your house, you'll need to have plans ready for the permit and the contractor to start working on your project. But should you hire an architect?
How much does an architect cost? Having a new home or addition built is an exciting time. But before you hire an architect, you'll want to go over budget and timeline expectations. Learn how much it costs to hire an architect.
Find building architects in
- West Saint Paul
- South Saint Paul
- Mendota Heights
- Inver Grove Heights
- Little Canada
- North Saint Paul
- Saint Paul Park
- Falcon Heights
- Lake Elmo
- Cottage Grove
- Vadnais Heights
- North Oaks
building architects in Saint Paul
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 3D Image Services LLC745 Country Trail E
- 3D Image Services LLC
- A & K Equipment Company8630 Monticello Ln
Maple Grove, Minnesota
- A&L Construction 8708 Pocono Dr
- A. J. Miller Landscape architecture PLLC1833 JAMES ST
Syracuse, New York
- ABC Supply Co. Inc.14399 Huntington Ave
- Adrenaline Customs1744 Commerce Ct
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
- ADS Designs LLC1130 Garden Brook dr
Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
- Advanced Building & Remediation Services1455 165th Ave NE
- ADVANCED DRAFTING & RESIDENTAL DESIGN1146 EDGEWATER AVE N
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Advanced Home Improvements9 Central Ave
- AE Computer Drafting & Design LLC1812 43rd St NW
- Affordable Design Builders and Remodelers2865 90th Ln NE
- All Done Contracting6712 Xerxes Ave South
- Allrounder Remodeling Inc6845 Cloman Avenue
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
- ALTUS Architecture + Design945 Broadway St NE Ste 240
- Ankeny Architects, LLC2150 Orkla Drive
- Aos Construction900 Kaymar Ln
- Appeal Architects4011 North Washington Avenue Suite 101
- Aquatic Rock Formations LLCW10476 880th Ave
River Falls, Wisconsin
- Arbuckle Design Builders, LLC1864 Munster Ave
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
- Architect Direct1820 E 7th St
- ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTING SERVICES617 24TH AVE NE
- ARCHOS ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN P A1039 NEBRASKA AVE W
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- ArchShark llc540 Lake St
- Arrow Building Center755 31ST ST E
- ARTISAN DESIGN BUILD INC13562 Partridge Cir NW
- Artistic Kitchen CreationsPO Box 16206
- asylum 24920 9th ave north
St Cloud, Minnesota
- ATLAS FOUNDATION CO11730 BROCKTON LN
- AVA Studio6641 w 18th Street
St Louis Park, Minnesota
- Avid Builders Inc1688 Cliff Rd E
- AWAD & KOONTZ6603 QUEEN AVE S STE R
- A & K Equipment Company
- B Freeman Design 6112 Eden Prairie Rd
- B.E. Landscape Designs2216 Pierce St. NE
- Barkley Landscapes & Design Group10420 28th Ave. N
- BAYSTATE ARCHITECTUAL6 MAPLEWOOD DR
- Berger Built Construction Company, Inc.217 Maple St
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- BIZAL BUILT INC9600 UPTON RD
- Bj Larson Remodeling Co8830 W River Rd
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
- Boulder Creek Enterprises66354 362nd St
- Bowen 405 Meadow Ln
- Boyer Building Corp3435 COUNTY ROAD 101
- Boyle Architects1355 W Highway 10
- Brainard Design1322 Crown Oaks Drive
Spring Lake Park, Minnesota
- Brandl Anderson Homes Inc4555 Erin Dr Ste 120
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- BRANDT BUILDERS15463 SHADOW CREEK RD
- Broadview Builders Inc9050 Lake Dr
Circle Pines, Minnesota
- Bruggeman Builders9260 Jeffrey Blvd
- BTS - Bostan Tile & Stone2233 49th Ave N 140
- BUILDING ARTS95 Mackubin St
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Building Hubww7935 Stone Creek Dr #140
- B~L GrafX812 2nd ave s.
Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
- B Freeman Design
- C & H SIDING & REMODELING INC34800 6TH ST NE
- C. Johnson Landscape Design GroupP.O. Box 390534
- CAD Outsourcing11670 Fountains Dr
- CAD Outsourcing Services8800 Ranier Lane N
Maple Grove, Minnesota
- Carl Gramentz Architect5048 Clear Spring Rd
- Carrigan Curtis Design Build, LLC5810 Minnetonka Drive
- Castle Building & Remodeling2710 E 33rd St
- CEI ENGINEERING3108 SW Regency Pkwy
- Charles Cabinets CO3090 Cleveland Ave N
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- CHARLES NOSIE CONSTRUCTION INC12200 Upper Heather Ave N
- Che Bella Interiors211 River Ridge Circle S Ste 103
- CHOICE WOOD COMPANY3300 GORHAM AVE
- CJ Bernard LLC25819 615th St
- Claim Stars3658 Kahler Drive
ST. MICHAEL, Minnesota
- Color Your Carpet9800 Beach Blvd
- Complete Building Solutions2525 Nevada Avenue North Suite 302
Golden Valley, Minnesota
- CopperCrest Homes, LLC5862 Blackshire Path
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
- Core Design Build LLP4805 14th Ave S
- Craftwork Building and Remodeling7900 46th Ave N
- CRE CONSTRUCTION9251 Staring Ln E
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Criterium-Schimnowski Engineers161 Dunbar Way
- CROIX DESIGN and DRAFTING, INC2705 Bunker Lake Blvd. NW Suite #107
- CROSBY CONSTRUCTION INCPO Box 388
- CRUMLISH & CRUMLISH ARCHITECTS3215 Sugar Maple Ct. Suite B
South Bend, Indiana
- C & H SIDING & REMODELING INC
- D S Bahr Construction Inc9771 312th St Way
Cannon Falls, Minnesota
- D-Tails Construction Services4428 Garfield Ave
- Dailey Homes IncPO box 490206
- Danberry Building Corp5413 Manitou Rd.
Tonka Bay, Minnesota
- DANIEL K DUFFY ARCHITECTS, INC.17900 Susan Lane Suite 100
- David Heide Design Studio301 4TH AVE S 663
- David L. Harris Architect17675 HOGAN AVE
- DAVIS & DAVIS DESIGN BUILD233 UPTON AVE S
- Design Forty Five LLC2002 W. Lake of the Isles Pkwy 2002 W. Lake of the Isles Pkwy
- DESIGN Q & A3332 HUNTINGTON AVE S
- DesignYourBasement.com7636 Pennsylvania Ct
- Direct Carpentry & Remodel2721 Golden Valley Rd
- DPENN Construction4775 Kevin Ln
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Drafting Solutions410 W 6th St
- Dual Design / David W. Jackson5951 N. Killdeer Dr.
- D S Bahr Construction Inc
- EdgeWork Design Build2304 Mount View Ave
- EJ Hansen, AIA4501 Zenith Ave S
- Ekelund Building & Remodeling, Inc.5135 Meadville Street
- Enerjac Construction Inc1688 Strawberry Hill Rd S
- Erica Olson Designs, LLC7404 Cahill Road
- Estrella Design and Build603 143rd st east
- Everlasting Homes Inc1815 Lacota Ln
- EdgeWork Design Build
- FILLA GREEN DESIGN + BUILD1224 Quincy St NE Suite 240
- FILLA GREEN DESIGN + BUILD